You can now set your referrer if you did not do so at signup.

Started by Vekseid, February 20, 2016, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

To do this, you will have to visit the profile of the person who brought you to E.

If you view the profile of a member with an id less than yours, and you do not have a referrer set already, you will see:

"Did I bring you to Elliquiy? Click here!"

Which will take you to a page to either confirm the referral, ignore it, or set 'no referrer' as necessary.

In order to prevent hijinks, about 5,000 members who referenced Google or another search engine in their introductory post had their referrer set to 'no referrer' by script. This may have clobbered a few members unjustly - please send me a PM if you want me to manually set your referrer to someone (note you will need to have mentioned them in your intro thread).

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Stella

PennySludt

May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Gman001

Vekseid

A few minutes.

Afterwords, it should tell you in their profile.

PennySludt

May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Vekseid

In the summary, where the link to the tool was. "This person brought you to Elliquiy"

PennySludt

Gman001

Vekseid

The count doesn't get updated. Too many spammers make it a not very useful value.