Firewind (Serious applicants only)

Started by Sabby, September 03, 2008, 05:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

The idea is a work in progress, but at heart, its going to be a rivals story, and will follow the general formula. While not exactly original, it will focus more on the character development and the storyline. Persons A and B are betrayed by Person C, Person C becomes the villain, Persons A and B follow their former friend to exact vengeance, final show down between them in which Person C redeems self by turning on the one that corrupted them in the first place.

Like I said, unoriginal path but it works.

Persons A, B and C are students at a secluded Academy out in the mountains, learning the use of magic and weaponry. Person A is an incredibly gifted young woman, light hearted, spirited and kind, and the star pupil, mastering the element of wind and staff combat. Person B is a young and timid boy, a healer with a natural affinity for arcane speed and an adequate user of small blades. Person C is a stubborn, fiery tempered girl, and has trouble with almost everything. Having taken on a difficult line of combat, utilizing both daggers, swords and kicks, her lack of skill is even more frustrating.

Feeling as though she is in her friends shadow, she slowly drifts apart, and falls prey to the poisonous words of a shadowy figure. This strange, evil presence, often felt rather then seen, targets her lust for power, corrupting her and making her his willing puppet. She Masters the forbidden art of Pyromancy, and is now utterly lost to her Masters possession.

She burns the school to the ground, and only spares her former friends. Effortlessly defeating them both, she scars them and leaves them to watch their home burn to cinders, taking a special item before she leaves. (I haven't decided what yet, but the plot will follow her tracking down clue/leads/items for her Master. He could be seeking a ruin or yet another forgotten art or magical item)

Steeling themselves, the two friends leave their blackened home behind, vowing to get revenge, following the path of destruction their former friend leaves in her blind quest. Will encounter enemies and new friends and allies on the way (which will open up possible temporary guest roles for anyone interested)

I really want this game to succeed :) any of the details are negotiable, and a love sub plot can definitely spring up between the two friends. Hoping you all like the idea. I'll more then likely take the evil Pyromancer, which will also allow me to tell the story and run NPCs.

The character development will be the most important part of the story. I have a few ideas for scenes where this will come into play, but like I said, its all open for discussion. I can see the evil girl hesitating slightly on a killing blow to her former friends and showing a brief moment of weakness or sadness, emphasizing the fact shes enslaved and broken. Another could be the younger friend, who is sheltered and protected by the other, going absolutely mental when he witnesses her take a beating surprising everyone by putting the pyro girl on her back and forcing her to retreat.

Sabby

Okay, MagicalPen has signed on as the 'shadowy figure' described, and we brainstormed his character, which has made the story a lot more interesting :)

It will follow the two friends chasing the Pyromancer and her master like before, the Master, known as Konrad, being the lone survivor of an eradication that forced his people into hiding. Scattered and almost wiped out, some managed to put themselves into an induced stasis in their underground cities. Now, Konrad is the last of the handful picked to remain awake and wait out the eradication. He seeks a staff, effectively a 'Key' that will awaken the dormant cities and the last of his people.

They were an incredibly advanced race, godless and favoring logic, reason and science. Constructed their cities underground from an ugly yellow metal, creating clunky steam powered machinery that was completely alien to every known culture. They had even had power over bipedal, mechanized servants and warrior. Or, for lack of a better term, robots. Their secret gift, Blood Magic, was used to animate these machines, using vials of blood. In essence, the cities themselves were alive, living off of their creators proximity.

This horrid magic was what started the eradication. While weak, Konrad carries a staff which funnels his blood magic through a store of blood, using it to slow someones blood flow, making them weak and encumbered, boil their blood to a small degree, causing great, burning pain, or moving blood, allowing him to toss an enemies through the air. Has a very limited ability at moving inanimate objects in the same manner, using the staffs strange, foreign technology.

He corrupts the girl to use her as a tool to assist his search for this Key, which will reawaken his lost and scattered civilization, and any who had survived the long, long stasis. Just entering one of the uncovered cities will bring dormant technology back to life.

Inkidu

If I were to think about joining this could I use a gunblade?
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/lunadiviner21/GUNBLADE.jpg

And no it doesn't actually shoot the bullets.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Not too sure on that... the roles left are the wind girl and the healer boy, leaving the healer as the only role available with a bladed weapon.

BUT, this will have frequent guest roles :) could use a guy with a functioning gunsword later.

Skilgannon

Hi, I have just been chatting with Sabbat, I think I am taking on the role of B.

My character is Nikkolas Taylen. He is the 6th son of one of the noblemen in the realm. His father is a warrior, as are his 5 older brothers. As a young child his father believed that leaving the sons to fight amongst themselves would encourage strength and pride. All it taught Nikkolas was how to run, how to dodge and how to fight dirty when he had to. He was always the smaller one, always the weaker one. In his fathers eyes his only redeaming features were his speed. In the local racing he always came first and when it came to using lightweight weapons like knives he was fast and deadly. Finally however his father saw the need for his son to learn more, he realised that he would never best his brothers and that with 5 warrior sons Nikkolas was almost an embarrasment. He sent his son off to the Academy believing that it might someday have some use. If his son was weak in body perhaps he could master some magics that might prove him a better warrior.

Instead almost immediatly upon arriving Nikkolas found his true passion. He had a skill for healing. His teachers were delighted, any method of healing he chose he excelled at, herbs, potions, medicines or the more magical methods of healing came naturally to him. He also discovered that whilst he was not particularly physically strong he could move at beyond human speeds. This ability to move faster meant that when timed correctly his blows landed harder than he normally should have been able to manage. He continued to develop his skills with knives, favouring two blades given to him by his father upon coming of age. The only sign of approval he ever received from his father.

Looking at him people could easily understand and believe that he was a healer, slight of build with pale green eyes and short brown hair. He was often taken for being skinny and weak though he had well honed muscles underneath as his body was built for speed rather than strength. Soft spoken and polite he was friends with only 2 people at the school.

He is shy and quiet, always in character A's shadow, friends with her and C. He could be the thing that linked them all in the beginning, understanding C's frustration but A looked out for him since he came to the Academy, maybe A was told to mentor him by one of the teachers, or to make him welcome. He does however have courage and strength of character that remain hidden until vitally needed.

(Hope this is okay - suggestions are welcome)

What we do in life echoes in eternity...

Sabby

I really like that :) looking forward to seeing how he handles fights... I'll have a profile for C up at some point. Now we need A.

Sabby

Jakalin was brought here bound in blankets, a new born, unwanted by a mother that was frightened by her own offspring. An innocent child, who happened to bare a birthmark that resembled a candle flame. The Academy believed she was the child of a gypsy, as many gypsy's see a candle flame birthmark a bad omen for the child. This Academy was the only home she knew, and while the teachers and many students were always there to support her, she grew up with a building hatred for all things around her. She was reclusive and troubled, looking upon families and happy lovers with self destructive rage.

She was skinny and pale of complexion, baring a slight eastern appearance, eyes slanted and emerald green, with high cheek bones and a sour face, as if always tasting lemons. Her black hair was bound into two long ropes that swept down to her lower back. She had grown them since birth, and refused to have them cut, even if they did interfere with her training.

As she became a woman, she channeled some of her efforts into impressing those around her, taking on a difficult line of combat. Using both a long, slender sword and wicked dagger at the same time, her style benefited from her barely hidden temper, involving a lot of up close and down right dirty tricks. Elbows, knees and quick, yet powerful kicks were all useful and part of her blade fighting routines.

Sadly, she failed often, and had been reprimanded more then once for throwing herself at the student who defeated her. She was miserable and only drifted further away from everyone. The two people that she could ever call friends were the only ones that made her want to even try. While one was everything that she wanted to be, the other was what she could have been now, as he had been unwanted and passed along like she had. She envied them both, though Nikkolas even more so.

When Konrad approached her with his offer, she found it difficult to resist. She spent many sleepless nights, pouring the mans poisonous words over and over in her mind. He could make her stronger... that was what she wanted. But despite all the times she had fantasized about tearing this school down, would she really go through with it?

Forsaking everything, she went to him, accepted his gift, and her hidden abilities were unlocked. Now drunk with her own power, she took her vengeance on the place she so hated.

MagicalPen

Sticking my head in (so i see new response) as Konrad. All will be revealed. Eventually.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

The Dark Raven

erg. you need a sheet from me?  whatcha need? tell tell.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Sabby

If your still interested in the role of A, all we really need is an intro like the three above :) just write a nice chunk of text explaining how A came here, what she is like, her relationship with Jakaline and Nikkolas, ect.

Skilgannon

Pokes his head in to see if we have started yet :)

Sabby

We're still waiting on daylily :) once she gets a name and face to A we'll start developing a loose track for the story.

MagicalPen

Konrad, my character, is what will be termed the 'Evil' Protagonist of the Story. His words and promises of Power can Corrupt, and his race has been hunted to the brink of extinction due to what the rest of the world has deemed 'Dark Magic'. Konrad posses what is called 'Blood Magic', which has powered machinery for his people for years. But after years of 'witch hunting' he is now the last of his kind, seeking an item of power that will return his people to this world and force all the other races to their knees.

Konrad, in appearance, looks almost like an Albino old man. His eyes are red, his skin is pale and hairless. At well over 400 years, he appears to be in his 60's and is rather frail looking. He has fanged teeth, and walks with the aid of a staff and usually cloaks himself to hide himself from prying eyes. But he is not to be underestimated, as the weak do not survive as long as he has.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Sabby

Me and Penny did a lot of brain storming for him :) (correct me if I mess up any of the details)

The item he mentioned is a sort of key, which will reactivate all the lost cities and ruins at once, and any of his kind who managed to stay alive in their stasis. To put it simply, his empire 'went to sleep' and he now wants to wake it up. The staff is his only weapon, as its a conduit for his magic. He's completely reliant on it for any kind of power. Its mechanical and responds to his presence, like all Dwemire technology, and can move, heat and slow blood in a persons body. It has an inbuilt telekinesis function, but is not very strong.

There will also be a set of Dwemire blades, a sword and dagger, that will replace Jakkalin's old weapons when they are destroyed (part of a scene we've agreed to work on later)

MagicalPen

Correct, about from his sole reliance on the staff. He can perform lesser magics with out the staff, but if he uses the staff, it makes the spells more powerful and more widespread (depending on the spell) and some of the most powerful and deadly spells can only be cast using the staff. However, it is draining - both on him and the power of the staff - and both need to be rejuvenated with BLOOD. (I like to eat babies for breakfast, toddlers for lunch, and young adults for dinner). Certain blood is more powerful then other kinds, so that limits the power of the Staff, and while he has some powerful blood in it right now, he is unwilling to use it in all but the most fatal situations as the source of said blood has virtually dried up.

And Abby, you ruined all the secrets!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Brittlby

Mezolene Finch

Enchanting...

Smelling of freshly baked cookies and rich oil makeup, Mezolene Finch's physical loveliness is undeniable. Yet what makes her completely irresistible isn't simply her beauty, but rather how she wears it. With a forceful and honest bearing wielded with all the forthrightness of a mother, she can skewer the heart of anyone with a single word or gaze.

Often struck by the inner beauty of those around her, her own purity is all the brighter for it, blinding even those without astral senses in this dark realm with her unsullied view of the world. Open and outgoing, those eyes are the spark for her friendly demeanor.

Richly tanned, her soft skin is the hue of gold. Her beauty is unsettling in it's flawless grace, her slender nose, cresting eyebrows, and deep lavender eyes too finely fitted to be crafted by the hand of chance and breeding. An ivory and platinum device as intricate as it is thick wraps about her neck, ornately sculpted gold inlaid across the choker.

About her body is a petite burgundy satin vest, cunningly woven with strips of a pale white leather. The garment is left open, exposing her slickened flesh from the collar down to the sash at her navel. It fails to hide the swell of her breasts from prying eyes, though it offers some coverage for her small dark nipples.

Her golden hair rattles as she walks, an ornate weave of braids, beads, and bells decorating the thick length of cascading black. It extends down to her calves, and would likely trail on the ground behind her if not for the fact she wore the braided tail bound upwards at the back of her head.

A ragged shawl the shade of cream is wrapped around her legs in the fashion of a layered gypsy skirt, it obscures the peanut butter tinted leather pants that hug her legs like a lover. Her boots are of the same pale leather as her vest's highlights, and possess a number of straps and buckles up the length of her shin.

Locked around her forearms are the companion pieces to her collar, gauntleted manacles that radiate aero magic. Her arms are bare and smooth save for the ivory and gold gauntlets, though she often wears a pair of pale white leather gloves to protect her delicate fingers.

Background:

The Treasure of Adelaide, Mezolene Finch. The only daughter, she is the eldest of four siblings. The Finch family are vintners, crafters of the sacramental wines, but they are best known for the legends of their ancestors, who formed a paladial order that policed the kingdoms in the lawless dark ages. She is a credit to them, honest and giving, she has no skill nor interest in duplicity or those who practice it. Indeed, she is said to be incapable of telling a lie, though more likely she simply chooses not to.

But then she has always been a strange girl. Outgoing and friendly, she is often described as strangely empathic. It isn't any sort of mystical trickery or power of her birthright. Simply that she pays attention to people with a keen focus. Her senses are said to be particularly accute. In the legends her great grandfather was known to have such a talented tongue, not only was he an accomplished wine expert... it was said he could taste the memories of others from a bit of sweat or blood. But again, that's only a legend.

Regardless, her fighting skills are based largely upon the massive amounts of time she has spent perfecting her control of the four winds. It requires intense meditation upon the air around ones self. So much so that she can fight blind, relying upon the rush of air as her opponent moves. Her own agility is augmented by her aerial abilities, making her seem at times preternaturally nimble.

Largely defensive, her weapon of choice is the singing staff, an extendable metal rod that is hollowed and pierced with holes, giving it a haunting whistling sound as it moves through the air. Her fighting style is evasive, allowing her opponents to exhaust themselves striking at the air. Mezolene often tries to talk them down, but upon failing, with reluctance, she takes advantage of their exhaustion and complacency, going rapidly on the offensive. She is rarely known to require more than one strike to stop an opponent.

Possessing eidetic memory and a penchant for languages, she is an ideal student, grasping her lessons with an almost unsettling ease. There are few who can harbor any malice towards her, as she has a tendency to reach out to all she meets and make them friends. She achieves and achieves, yet never with any hint of arrogance. Indeed, she is always eager to help others whenever she can, going well out of her way to help those above and below her.

But even the most lovely flower is far from perfect. Mezolene hears the call of the wind and tastes the lives of others, but she admits to being envious of Nikkolas. Though she feels that she is honing her skills for good, they are still the tools of war. To mend wounds and banish sickness seems a truer course to her, yet... though she knows the herbs by heart, she simply lacks the knack for true miracles of the flesh.

And as she felt envy for him, so too did she feel pity for Jakalin. Something seethed in the core of that girl. It didn't take an empathic aeromancer to see the fire that smoldered in her heart. Mending the flesh came easy to Nikkolas, but no one Mezolene had met knew how to mend the soul.

Certainly, she tried. In a thousand small ways, and a dozen big ones, she made her love known. And she did love Jakalin, this was true. The white knuckles she constantly clenched, the dour expression she always had, the long braids Mezolene had seen fit to emulate by braiding her own golden hair. Like Nikkolas, Mezolene had spent much time watching Jakalin.

There was something to love in every person, if you looked hard enough, and Mezolene had in these two friends. These days would not last forever, she knew that. But she was happiest when they were together, Jakalin fuming and Nikkolas brooding. It seemed to her as if there was nothing that could ruin those glorious afternoons with the ones she loved doing what they did best.

Jakalin, never relenting. Nikkolas, never smiling. Mezolene would smile for the both of them, and offer up a basket of sweets. They still didn't smile, but they never turned away the cakes. Maybe she read too much into that.

But then... that was what she did. She was Mezolene Finch.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Skilgannon

Wow - cool!!!!

Hello Character A!

Guess we start planning the storyline now?

Sabby

Yes :) I may be busy with work sometimes, but your all free to brainstorm in my absence.

Brittlby

Don't be a twonk! n_n We've got the storyline vaguely fleshed out, right? Let's get a board up!
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Sabby

Haha, didn't say we couldn't ^__^ but we'll be developing the story as we go, so we'll need a good level of collaboration, and I won't always be around.

*goes to start the board*

Sabby

Chapter One and the OOC thread are now up :) I placed Jakkalin and Mezzy in a simple sparring match to introduce them both, I hope thats okay.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21229.0