Protocol on starting a story thread

Started by Oroboros, May 09, 2011, 03:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oroboros

I've been working out a few story ideas with a couple other people here on E and it's getting to the point where we are about ready to start our stories.  I was wondering if people could share with me what the proper protocol is on getting these set up.  A quick browse shows me that we seem to want the "Name of the story (Person 1 and Person 2)", but I was wondering if there is anything else that ought to be included or tagged.

Kye

That's pretty much it.  No other tags are necessary since the boards are split up by content.  Even the names of the participants are not necessary, though I personally find it polite.  The only other thing you might consider is a disclaimer in the very beginning of your story, not in the title but in the post itself, if you are planing on content that is very extreme.  Obviously this would only happen in the Extreme section, and it's only my personal way of doing things, not at all required.

HairyHeretic

No, that's pretty much it. Just decide what limits you want on the story and open the thread in the appropriate board. If you decide the story course is going to take it into another board, PM a mod to move the thread.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oroboros

Excellent, thank you for helping me make sure I get it right.

Kye

consortium11

Quote from: Kyrsa on May 09, 2011, 03:58:30 PM
That's pretty much it.  No other tags are necessary since the boards are split up by content.  Even the names of the participants are not necessary, though I personally find it polite.  The only other thing you might consider is a disclaimer in the very beginning of your story, not in the title but in the post itself, if you are planing on content that is very extreme.  Obviously this would only happen in the Extreme section, and it's only my personal way of doing things, not at all required.

This may have changed while I was away, but isn't there a requirement to label extreme threads with an "Ex" or something similar for if/when they are moved to "Completed Stories" so anyone interesting in browsing them has a rough idea of what's inside?

Lilias

Quote from: consortium11 on May 11, 2011, 09:12:56 AM
This may have changed while I was away, but isn't there a requirement to label extreme threads with an "Ex" or something similar for if/when they are moved to "Completed Stories" so anyone interesting in browsing them has a rough idea of what's inside?

Staff adds those when moving the threads. While they are still in their respective sections, there is no need for further tagging.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI