News:

Main Menu

Once Upon A Time

Started by Chris Brady, October 08, 2011, 01:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time

This actually looks interesting.  Anyone else looking forward to this?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Alysanthia

Me!

I love fairytale themed shows.

Chris Brady

I love Faery Tales in general, and this show looks really cool, from the clips.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Alysanthia

Watching the series now, and so far it is really good. :D

Shjade

I get the feeling I'd be constantly comparing it to Fables if I tried to watch it, so I've more or less stayed away.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

TheGlyphstone

I don't have a TV to watch it on, but it looked quite intriguing.

fancyfictions

Quote from: Shjade on October 23, 2011, 09:10:23 PM
I get the feeling I'd be constantly comparing it to Fables if I tried to watch it, so I've more or less stayed away.

It has some elements of Fables in it but for the most part the story is really different. I enjoyed and look forward to seeing how the story unfolds
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Alysanthia

Quote from: Shjade on October 23, 2011, 09:10:23 PM

I kinda thought I'd be doing that, but I like the way they incorporate all the tales so far. They give each character a really distinct personality and keeps you guessing.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 23, 2011, 10:21:25 PM
I don't have a TV to watch it on, but it looked quite intriguing.

ABC should have the first episode online by now, or if they are like FOX they will have it up to watch online eight days after the original air date.

Chris Brady

I have to download illegally.  Cuz ABC won't let me see in Canada.  >.<

Alysanthia

That sucks Chris!

Can I just say for the record... I totally love Red Riding Hood's look for the modern world.

Oreo

I watched and enjoyed the first episode. It reminded ma a lot of The 10th Kingdom. ;) Once Upon a Time is on my to watch more list, for sure.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Jag

Watching the first episode right now. Got to say, the Evil Queen's outfit is rather sexy. Very sexy, actually.

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Alysanthia

I like her Evil Queen persona more than her 'modern' persona.

*Ponders cosplay ideas...*

Jag

I know it's probably nothing, but the way Rumpelstiltskin looked at Red Riding Hood made me think he's got the hots for her...at at least thinks she's hot, cause she is. *nods* I bet he's just a creepy old man. *nods again*

Alysanthia

I got that feeling too...

Then again who wouldn't have the hots for her? lol

Jag

I'm pretty sure she's not to happy about the imp-man's affections. Also, how the heck does he go from being an eternal prisoner with no say in anything and feared by damn near everyone to owning a whole city and possibly being the richest person in the area? I know it's supposed to be the Queen's happy ending, but he seems to be doing pretty damn well for himself.

I suppose that will be one of the things we have to look for as the series progresses.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Oreo on October 29, 2011, 01:31:44 AM
I watched and enjoyed the first episode. It reminded ma a lot of The 10th Kingdom. ;) Once Upon a Time is on my to watch more list, for sure.

OMG I loved The 10th Kingdom...I have it on DVD ;)

Jag

*is watching the second episode*

Oh, I get it now.

*continues to watch*

Alysanthia

I see it as one of the shows that keeps you on your toes, always second guessing things.

Oreo

Quote from: alxnjsh on October 30, 2011, 08:14:19 PM
OMG I loved The 10th Kingdom...I have it on DVD ;)
>_>

<_<

>_>

Me too!

/hijack

: (  I can't watch the next episode until tomorrow.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

InariShiftskin

I'll sometimes have 10th kingdom marathons. :3

I really like what I've seen of Once upon a time so far, another interesting show to keep an eye on in the same vein would be 'Grimm' too.

Jacqueline

I love it, I'm a fan of Jennifer Morrison and I think that she's doing great in this one.

Alysanthia

Tonights episode made me dislike the Evil Queen even more...

Also I like the twist they are going with for the fairy tale world, I really can't wait for next weeks episode. :D

Chris Brady

I hate having a download cap.  I got to see the first episode, but that's it.   :'(

Capone

Quote from: InariShiftskin on October 31, 2011, 05:56:39 AM
I'll sometimes have 10th kingdom marathons. :3

I really like what I've seen of Once upon a time so far, another interesting show to keep an eye on in the same vein would be 'Grimm' too.

I'm still uncertain about Grimm, though it's certainly not horrible. It's written by the co-creator and lead writer of Angel, so it has that in its favor.

I've been hearing about Once Upon a Time a bit, and it looks to have one of the actors that was in Stargate Universe. However, it's an ABC show, and it was created by the people who created LOST, and both of those are pretty heavy strikes in my book.