Planescape Femslash (Inerest Check)

Started by Dhi, March 13, 2013, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

No problem here Skynet.

I guess this is a good time to say I don't care either way.  ;D

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhi

Quote from: MdG on March 19, 2013, 09:30:47 AM
Alignment: Opportunistic Indifferent
Is this maybe True Neutral? Chaotic Neutral?

Having some kind of alignment is important, not to tell you how to play your character, but to understand how the Outer Planes (which are largely powered by belief) will react to your character.

MdG

Quote from: Dhi on March 19, 2013, 01:43:04 PM
Is this maybe True Neutral? Chaotic Neutral?

Having some kind of alignment is important, not to tell you how to play your character, but to understand how the Outer Planes (which are largely powered by belief) will react to your character.

I'd go with Chaotic Neutral.

Edited to say:

Btw, please let me know what you think of the draft character. Comments and feedback always welcome.

Skynet

My character was a little too close to meikle's in terms of personality, so I changed around her backstory and personality a little.

I made Alzeggra a Neutral Drow Ranger/Cleric of Fharlanghn.  She is a tracker of sorts, using her survival skills and magic to help people locate things, as well as mapping out dangerous and unknown regions of the Planes.

Would it make sense for her to have good relations with the Fraternity of Order?  From what I've read, they seem to be a faction who would prize information on maps of previously unknown planar regions.

meikle

Quote from: Skynet on March 19, 2013, 08:10:20 PM
My character was a little too close to meikle's in terms of personality, so I changed around her backstory and personality a little.
Hey, I wanted to say thanks.  I wasn't going to mention it again, but I appreciate that you acknowledged it; character niche is like a huge neurosis for me, probably to a degree that is not justifiable (I guess that's what makes it neurotic.)  So I really appreciate it!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Crash

Quote from: meikle on March 20, 2013, 07:58:07 PM
Hey, I wanted to say thanks.  I wasn't going to mention it again, but I appreciate that you acknowledged it; character niche is like a huge neurosis for me, probably to a degree that is not justifiable (I guess that's what makes it neurotic.)  So I really appreciate it!

Heh, it is one of mine too.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Skynet

Quote from: meikle on March 20, 2013, 07:58:07 PM

You're welcome!

Let's hope that one of the earlier characters doesn't turn out to be a workaholic explorer-priest! :-)

While we're on the subject, is anybody using PMs to discuss plot and character arcs or similar things regarding the upcoming game?

Dhi

Quote from: Skynet on March 19, 2013, 08:10:20 PM
Would it make sense for her to have good relations with the Fraternity of Order?  From what I've read, they seem to be a faction who would prize information on maps of previously unknown planar regions.
The Guvners are one of the many factions who're neutral to Sensates. Communication between the two factions is necessary but guarded, like communication between branches of government, but they can and do work together. Harmony's backstory involves an exploratory team composed of both Guvners and Sensates. Maybe you gals know each other?

Skynet

Quote from: Dhi on March 20, 2013, 11:01:20 PM
The Guvners are one of the many factions who're neutral to Sensates. Communication between the two factions is necessary but guarded, like communication between branches of government, but they can and do work together. Harmony's backstory involves an exploratory team composed of both Guvners and Sensates. Maybe you gals know each other?

Hmmm, good idea!  I was thinking that she could be part of the joint expedition of adventurers to Mechanus.  It would fit in well with Alzeggra's explorer nature.  I'll be sure to ask Kunoichi about this, as well as the backstory behind the event.

meikle

Quote from: Skynet on March 20, 2013, 08:21:02 PMWhile we're on the subject, is anybody using PMs to discuss plot and character arcs or similar things regarding the upcoming game?
I am not chatting things up in PMs with anybody, but I am not opposed to talking about character stuff!

I don't see any reason to do it in PMs instead of in public, though.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Skynet

Well, I recently sent a recent PM to Kunoichi about character ideas.  I'm sort of used to PMing people for ideas, as I've only really done one-on-one role-plays.  Multiple collaboration in a group RP can be very good, given that it's viewable by multiple people and can help everybody think of ideas for the story.

@Kunoichi:

will you mind if I posted the PM ideas I sent to you on this thread, then?

Kunoichi

Skynet

Repost:

Quote from: SkynetYou mentioned in Harmony's backstory that she encountered an expedition of adventurers exploring Mechanus.  I figured that it would be appropriate if our characters knew each other from this meeting.

My character, Alzeggra, is a dark elf traveler who does work exploring planar regions, and has a relationship with the Fraternity of Order.  She probably went to Mechanus to access their archives regarding the place's territories and world-cogs.  A scientific expedition is a great fit for her.

What would our character's relationship with each other be?  I figure that Alzeggra would be helping Harmony adjust to her new life in Sigil, and the one who first introduced her to the Society of Sensation.  The Cleric's dedicated work-ethic, combined with Harmony's precise approach to things, would supplement each other well, and they'd probably work together on missions for the Society and various jobs.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts!

Kunoichi replied that the two would probably be good friends, but would not have gone on any missions together due to Harmony's recent arrival in Sigil.

Also, I changed Alzeggra to have a pageboy haircut.  Felt more fitting for her.

Crash

Dhi - When are you looking to start?  I am having a heck of a time coming up with a background and it isn't much of a character for me if I don't have lots of background. ;)

Dhi

I'd like to allow at least a week, maybe two, for folks who're interested in creating a character to do so. We have a lot of characters in already, and they're looking great, but we had some additional interest and it's good to have enough characters that the game can survive some players dropping out.

What is everyone thinking in terms of content rating? I think we need at least BDSM Exotic to accommodate the setting and some of the characters. Would NC content make anyone uncomfortable?

Crash

As long as NC wasn't mandatory or forced on my character I don't mind others doing it.

Skynet

I echo Crash's views for myself as well.

Further, I don't really have a problem with bondage and the more 'light' elements (paddles, feathers on bound people etc) of BDSM.  The more 'violent' aspects, such as whips and candle wax, I'm not into.

As for exotic, the farthest I might go are humanoids with animal qualities, such as centaurs, nagas, and other hybrids.  Fully animalistic characters are a turn-off for me.

Kunoichi

As far as NC content goes, I'm generally only comfortable with it if the assailant is forcing the victim to enjoy it, in addition to forcing it on them in the first place.  In Harmony's case, this would probably take the form of her getting tricked into compromising situations by unscrupulous people, or perhaps running afoul of some perverted wizard's idea of a trap in a dungeon.  If other people would be more comfortable with Bondage - Exotic for the game's rating, I've certainly got no problem with sticking to that rating, instead.

meikle

I am not very pro-NC.  It's the kind of thing I wouldn't want to be thrown into without warning and discussion beforehand.

QuoteAs for exotic, the farthest I might go are humanoids with animal qualities, such as centaurs, nagas, and other hybrids.  Fully animalistic characters are a turn-off for me.
There's plenty of weirder stuff out on the Wheel than animal-people...

Also, here are some thoughts, if people are interested in Connections:

Ihaana & Perrin van Slithers: I kind of like the idea that at some point, Ihaana found herself indebted to Perrin and wound up at the heart of a cat-and-mouse (snake and mouse?) chase through Sigil for a few weeks, perhaps headed off by a confrontation between the two (that somehow results in Ihaana not getting knee-capped, preferably!)  Maybe she took pity on a fellow Sensate, or appreciated the opportunity to lead a manhunt.  Maybe she managed to repay her debt through not-entirely-legal means.  I dunno!  It's just a thought!

Ihaana & Harmony: There is the met-on-expedition thing that you mentioned early on!  Being trapped in some strange foreign judicial system sounds like it would have been exciting (or horrifying.)  Alternately, I can imagine Ihaana taking advantage of the gullible, naked new Sensate and using her as a tool in some kind of con; she'd make for a great distraction, if nothing else.  (Ihaana might not be incredibly moral.)

Ihaana & Alzeggra: I don't have any exciting ideas for associations with Alzeggra just yet.  I get the impression that Ihaana and Alzeggra might not get along great; Ihaana's predisposed against priests from the outset, after all; she'd be a strong candidate for the Athar if she didn't like the Sensate atmosphere better.

QuoteI am having a heck of a time coming up with a background and it isn't much of a character for me if I don't have lots of background.
Maybe we could help?  There's a lot that can be done with Planescape!  The near-endless supply of Prime Material planes gives a lot of leeway, too, if you don't mind a character who arrived in Sigil Clueless at some point (that's the approach I went with!)

O and O and Discord
A and A

Crash

I will definately do that because I don't know the setting well.  I am thinking of a changeling Mage that was forced either do to some crime or prejudice into staying in one form as a punishment.  Maybe her society is ultra chaotic and the worst punishment in that society is not being a le to change. Somehow she escapes and finds her way to Sigil. I need more than that though like what society she was from, how she escaped and how she made it to Sigil

Kunoichi

Quote from: meikle on March 21, 2013, 07:47:10 PM
Ihaana & Harmony: There is the met-on-expedition thing that you mentioned early on!  Being trapped in some strange foreign judicial system sounds like it would have been exciting (or horrifying.)  Alternately, I can imagine Ihaana taking advantage of the gullible, naked new Sensate and using her as a tool in some kind of con; she'd make for a great distraction, if nothing else.  (Ihaana might not be incredibly moral.)

The expedition would probably be the best bet.  I think it would also be a good point for Ihaana to have gotten to know Alzeggra, and given your thoughts on how the two of them wouldn't get along, said expedition would probably have been enough time spent together for the two of them to decide that they don't like one another very much.

Given Ihaana's daredevil streak, I also can't help but imagine that she might see Harmony walking around naked and decide to try it herself, maybe take her on a stroll through the Lady's Ward with neither of them wearing a single scrap of clothing, just for fun...

Skynet

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 21, 2013, 08:11:56 PM
The expedition would probably be the best bet.  I think it would also be a good point for Ihaana to have gotten to know Alzeggra, and given your thoughts on how the two of them wouldn't get along, said expedition would probably have been enough time spent together for the two of them to decide that they don't like one another very much.

I like this idea.  It's a good way for the 3 characters to know one another.

Quote from: meikle on March 21, 2013, 07:47:10 PM
Ihaana & Alzeggra: I don't have any exciting ideas for associations with Alzeggra just yet.  I get the impression that Ihaana and Alzeggra might not get along great; Ihaana's predisposed against priests from the outset, after all; she'd be a strong candidate for the Athar if she didn't like the Sensate atmosphere better.

It could be a sort of rivalry as opposed to the more typical friendship. ;)

Fharlanghn's a pretty laid-back deity, overall.  His faithful don't strike me as zealous proselytizers, so religious arguments might not be a factor in their interactions.

Ideas for interactions: Ihaana's contact with the criminal underworld might mean she has knowledge of hidden safehouses, passages, and planar portals of Sigil.  Alzeggra might approach Ihaana with money, magic, training, or some incentive to gain such knowledge.

Crash

Dhi - Do you have a preference for Avi's?  Real People or Fantasy Art? Some GM's prefer one over the other.

Skynet

Quote from: Crash on March 21, 2013, 08:09:44 PM
I will definately do that because I don't know the setting well.  I am thinking of a changeling Mage that was forced either do to some crime or prejudice into staying in one form as a punishment.  Maybe her society is ultra chaotic and the worst punishment in that society is not being a le to change. Somehow she escapes and finds her way to Sigil. I need more than that though like what society she was from, how she escaped and how she made it to Sigil

The plane of Limbo, is the most Chaotic of Planes in the setting, renowned for its ever-shifting storm of elements combining and separated just as suddenly as they form.  A few islands of relative stability float among the space, composed of water, earth, fire, air or any combinations of the four.  It's possible for sufficiently strong-willed people to control the elements of Limbo, although most people can only effect their immediate surroundings.

Limbo is also home to githzerai monastaries.  The githzerai are descendents of mind flayer slaves, and they practice an ascetic, monastic lifestyle.  Many of them settled in Limbo to test their perseverance against the plane itself.

It's possible that your character (or her changeling society) might have sought out Limbo to enhance their natural abilities.  She might have been sentenced to live among the ultra-disciplined githzerai as punishment.

Crash

Thanks but not resonating with me.  I'm not interested in a chaotic plane.  I think she would be from a society that values freedom of form so being locked into one form would be tantamount to exile in other societies.  Maybe the prime material from where she was from borders limbo.  Could be how she escaped.  Though Growing up in Limbo could be a reason for her to be specialized in transmutation and Chaos.