Romance Lost {RoseDivinity & Zaphod}

Started by RoseDivinity, April 09, 2010, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseDivinity

Rose sat outside of the old building, her black dress soaked from the rain. All she wanted to do was to see her old home, and when she arrived she saw that it was destroyed. Tears threatened to spill over as she looked around at the desolate old building where she had last seen her childhood love. It had been a few hard years and she couldn't imagine that he was waiting for her, or even that he remembered her; but some ember of hope still remained that one day it would all be ok again.

Zaphod

Heath sat in the nearly deserted diner in his old neighborhood looking out of the window sipping on coffee. It's a cold wet day outside and he is covered in a black raincoat. He glances out of the window and notices Rose through the streaks of rain. He notices her striking silhouette and wonders what brings her to this nearly deserted neighborhood at this this time of the day. He continues to sip his coffee and glances at the desolate building that Rose is looking at and realizes with a jolt that he used to frequent that house in his childhood.

RoseDivinity

Rose let the tears streak down her face as she sat on the porch of the burned out building. The cold wind stung and she wrapped her arms around herself. She wished that she had put on a coat before getting out of the cab. She looked around and saw a diner, she slowly made her way towards the building, shivering and soaked.

Zaphod

Heath continues to sip on his coffee and notices the lady who has been sitting outside the deserted building walk towards the diner. Must be someone from out of town, he thinks. I notice that you are not wearing anything to protect yourself from the cold rain and I am glad to have my raincoat handy. I am nearly done with my coffee when you reach the entrance of the diner.

RoseDivinity

Rose walks into the dinner and takes the booth in front of yours. She wipes the tears from her face and orders a hot chocolate. She grimaces and pulls out two waded bills and puts them down. She tries not to think about the fact that she has nothing more.

Zaphod

Heath's eyes follow Rose as she enters the diner. He is a little surprised when she sits exactly opposite him at the far corner when  the entire diner is empty. He notices that her eyes are red and swollen and that her cheeks may be more wet from tears than from the rain. He wonders what is going on in her mind as she takes a couple of notes out and looks at them wistfully. At this time Rose looks up and our eyes meet for the first time that day.

RoseDivinity

Rose caught his eye and suddenly stopped shivering. She tilted her head in disbelief, "He..He...Heath" she stuttered out in disbelief.

Zaphod

Heath's inside turns cold despite the warm rain coat as he hears Rose's voice. It sounds familiar yet he is unable to recognize Rose as his childhood friend. He slowly gets up from his table and approaches Rose. "I am sorry, but did you just call my name?" he asks with confusion writ large on his face. He notices Rose shivering a bit and realizes she must be feeling very cold.

RoseDivinity

Rose looked at him, realizing that he probably has no idea who she is. "Rose...Rose Divinity." she said quietly, still shivering, the shudders becoming violent. She wrapped her hands around her warm drink and tried to control herself.

Zaphod

A small involuntary shiver runs through Heath as he hears the name Rose Divinity. It brings back vague memories of childhood.. bicycles.. parks, but he is still unable to place here. He takes a step closer and smiles tentatively and says "May I sit down?". He notices her shivering and realizes she is completely drenched from head to toe. He is tempted to sit next to her and put his arm around her shoulder but hesitates to do do because she is a complete stranger in his mind at the moment.

RoseDivinity

Rose nodded, "Of course." she said quietly. She wrapped her arms around herself, taking in the way that he has changed. "You don't...You don't remember me...Do you?" she asks, trying to keep her voice from sounding as crushed as she really is. She takes a sip of her hot chocolate and looks up at him sadly.

Zaphod

Heath nodded slowly and sat down opposite Rose. He looked at his coffee and then lifted his eyes up and looked at Rose's eyes searchingly trying to recollect. "Yes, you do look.. and sound familiar.. but... I am sorry. Are you from out of town?" he asks. He realizes she is disappointed and his eyes glance over your fingers and I don't notice a ring. I look up into your face again and I realize how beautiful you look even when you are drenched in the rain. I place my coffee cup next to yours and my fingers are inches away from yours which are holding the chocolate.

RoseDivinity

Rose looked down sadly, "We knew each other a few years ago....You wouldn't remember." She said with shrug,  "Childhood, I Lived next door." she said looking toward the other house. She slowly stopped shaking as the hot  chocolate seeped in. "Do you remember now?" she asked quietly, looking up at him and trying to reign in the feeling of love that seemed to pour through her.

Zaphod

Heath looks out of the window again and his mind is in a state of churn. He looks outside the window at the burned down house and vague memories of a girl next door flash into head. His own childhood house stands right next to it but he does not live there any more. "I do remember I had a neighbor several years ago when I was in school, but I am not sure if that girl was really you" he says unable to believe that this beautiful and vulnerable woman could have been his next door neighbor once upon a time. He looks into her eyes again and sees her longing expression and feels something stir deep down in his heart.

RoseDivinity

Rose nodded, "That's me." she said quietly. "I came into town to see the house, I will probably leave again soon." she said. In truth she knew she couldn't leave without money and had no place to stay either.

Zaphod

Heath remembers that the family next door were fairly well off and he wonders if Rose had run into some hardships since then. He smiles at her "I am Heath in case you don't remember my name. I can't seem to recollect yours I am afraid" he says. He is unable to take his gaze away from her soft eyes and he forces himself to look down at his coffee mug.

RoseDivinity

Rose smiled, "Heath...I never forgot your name..." she looked down, "or anything about you." she said in an almost whisper. "I'm surprised you stayed around here, wife and kids now?" she asked trying to sound nonchalant.

Zaphod

Heath looks down at his hands and sighs and then looks up again "Divorced, no kids" he says with a small smile. "I found a good job at the local bank and stuck around. And what about you? And where have you been all these years? And some more chocolate?" he asks. pointing at your empty mug.

RoseDivinity

I look at you, "I'm sorry." I say referring to the divorce. "Glad you found a job." I say with a smile. "My mom got cancer shortly after we moved away so I got put in foster care after she passed on." I look at my empty glass, and almost says yes before remembering that I have no money left. "No thanks." I say pushing the cup back and wrapping my arms around myself, still freezing cold.

Zaphod

"I am sorry to hear about your mother" I say and my hand involuntarily reaches forward to take yours before I realize your arms are wrapped around you. I drop my hand down and look at you closely "But what brings you back to this town? People who leave hardly ever come back here" I say.

RoseDivinity

I shrug, "I had hoped my house would still be standing. It looks as though it burned though." I saw with a shrug. I didn't want to tell you that I didn't have anyplace else to stay.

Zaphod

"It burnt down over two years ago. I am sorry" I say hoping you would put your hands back on the table. I notice you are still shivering and I ask the waitress to bring a refill for you "It's on me" I smile and say "The least I could do for an old friend that I dont remember. Are you leaving this evening?" I ask hoping to hear that you plan to stay in town.

RoseDivinity

I smile at you, wrapping  one hand around the warm glass the other resting on the table. "I have no place to be." I say with a shrug. "No place to go right now."

Zaphod

I try not to reveal my shock and my growing hope as I look at you "No place to go? You must be joking. Surely a nice looking woman like yourself has a job and a guy somewhere" I say. My fingers brush against yours and I quickly pull them back a little but not too far away.

RoseDivinity

I laugh darkly, "No, no place to go." I didn't feel the need to tell him that at twenty five I had yet to be with anyone. I feel a shock of electricity when his hand touched mine. I slowly moved my over to touch his. "I wish you remembered me." I say softly.