Exalted 2.5-Infernals

Started by Empyrean, May 13, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSGAlex

So my bad jokes about the possibilities of wearing ties aside, here's what I'm seein and thinkin' for making characters.

Ess 3, 3 free HDBs, your choice of free First and Second excellencies from either Patron or Caste Yozi (you could split that, but why?), 25 BP (Total), 175 XP, and (optionally) one Flaw that works FATE style. Meaning when it comes up, everyone gets extra EXP for it.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

ExisD

That sounds good on my end. Though I do have one question still. What part of the setting were you thinking we'd start in?

RSGAlex

My initial, top-of-the head responses would be where the North starts to meet with the East or West, but I'm also a little partial to the South. I can also work some stuff in the straight up East or West. And given the scales, even avoid pirates and seas for that second one. :p

Please wait warmly.

Rajah

Quote from: RSGAlex on May 20, 2015, 10:31:07 AM
My initial, top-of-the head responses would be where the North starts to meet with the East or West, but I'm also a little partial to the South. I can also work some stuff in the straight up East or West. And given the scales, even avoid pirates and seas for that second one. :p

Northwest sounds awesome. Never been there before.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Empyrean

Do we buy Backgrounds with a cost of 3xp per dot once we get into the xp part of making the characters?

Re Z L

The West and South are probably my favorite directions, followed by the East.

Say I don't suppose we could talk you into flat-xp costs  ;D
A&A

ExisD

Quote from: RSGAlex on May 20, 2015, 10:31:07 AM

Any of them besides straight East I like, though that's mostly because of how many games are just the East.

Empyrean

The West sounds interesting. My own character will be from there, though I'm open for playing wherever.

Zaer Darkwail

Many games in east but I am fine otherwise into any direction really.

RSGAlex

So, West or North-West, yes buy dots of backgrounds for 3 xp, and for flat XP I'd want charts, pies, and perhaps even hybrids. Or I could hand out BP in thread instead.

That sounds workable. I'd just need to break my love of 5.

Please wait warmly.

ExisD

So, if anyone else wants to use it, here's a forum character sheet template I made a while ago.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: lorem ipsum      Caste: 

Motivation: 

Attributes

Strength:        1 Charisma:        Intelligence:   
Dexterity:        1 Manipulation:  1 Wits:              1
Stamina:        1 Appearance:    1 Perception:      1

Abilities

Archery:        1
Martial Arts:       
Melee:   
Thrown:   
War:   

Craft:        1
Investigation:       
Lore:   
Medicine:   
Occult:   

Athletics:        1
Awareness:       
Dodge:   
Larceny:   
Stealth:   
---

Integrity:        1
Performance:     
Presence:   
Resistance:   
Survival:   

Bureaucracy:        1
Linguistics:       
Ride:   
Sail:   
Socialize:   

Specialties:        #
words       
more words   
even more   
and done   

Virtues

Compassion:  (1)1Temperance:  (1)1
Conviction:  (1)1Valor:  (1)1

Essence, Willpower, and MDV

Essence: 3
Willpower: (4)4
MDV:    5

Backgrounds: #       
    words here    1
    more word    1

Intimacies:
    words here   
    more word   

Combat

DDV:  4   PDV:  3   Soak:  4B/4L/2A   Hardness:  4B/4L/2A
---

Attack  Speed  Acc  Dmg  Def  Rate  Range  Tags 
Punch  20L23M-

Health
-0 ( )( ) 
-1 ( )( )( )( ) 
-2 ( )( )( )( ) 
-4 ( )( ) 
inc ( ) 
Dying ( )( )( ) 

Essence Pools
Personal:  10/10
Peripheral:  10/10
Committed:  10/10

Empyrean

RSG: Do you think we'll be spending any time in Malfeas in between missions?

RSGAlex

That will definitely depend on you fine, (not-)fair folk and your choices. But it's certainly an option if you need to hide.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, our own reps/behavior in Creation or Malfeas determines the factor can we go Malfeas (or do we need to).

Empyrean

Okay. I was just wondering because I was thinking of getting a Key to the Infernal Gates. Handy little artifact that opens a one-way passage to a random spot in Malfeas. Depending on the game it might or might not be necessary to have a quick way out of Creation. And I was considering a Hemisphere of Underwater Respite, which would let us have an undersea base of our own.

Empyrean

Here is a very rough first-draft of my Malefactor. It's not done, but I wanted to get feedback/opinions from the GM and the other players. I picture her as a social-fu monster who appears to be sweet and innocent while manipulating others. I imagine that she's been using her Medicine skill and Satchel of Resplendent Healing to get a reputation as a healer and a downright *nice girl*. Makes it all the easier to set up her/Cecelyne's cult and attract followers.

Zaer: You might recognize her as a variant on Karen. Only more ambitious and without a lover/partner to answer to. :p

BP: 25 (0/25)
Exp: 175 (0)
Charms: First Cecelyne Excellency (x3), Second Cecelyne Excellency, Sorcerous Initiation of Cecelyne, Loom-Snarling Deception, Eldritch Secrets Mastery, Open Palm Caress, Torn Lotus Defense, Flexing the Emerald Claw, Black Claw Style, Lion Mouse Strategem, Lotus Eye Tactics, Sifu's Useful Fingers, Transcendent Desert Creature, Locust Mana Plague

Spells: Flying Guillotine

Backgrounds: Cult (Cecelyne): 2, Backing (Cecelyne): 3, Influence (Cecelyne): 3, Savant: 4, Past Life (Amyana of Luthe): 4, Manse (HS: Stone of Loyalty): 5, Hemisphere of Underwater Respite: 3, Wings of the Raptor (Tainted Orichalcum): 4, Tainted Orichalcum Discreet Essence Armor: 2, Neomah Demon Ink Tattoo: 3, Chrysogona Demon Ink Tattoo: 3, Tongue of the Serpent Prince: 3, Cult: 2, Spies: 3, Unwoven Coadjutor: 2, Followers: 3, Resources: 3, Manse (HS: Jewel of the Lawgiver's Authority): 2, Manse (HS: Prism of Focused Passion): 3, Manse (HS: Jewel of the Desert Bodhisattva): 3, Tainted Orichalcum Dragons' Tear Tiara: 2, Tainted Orichalcum Hearthstone Amulet: 1, Resplendent Satchel of Healing: 4.

Name:            Caste: Malefactor
Motivation:
Attributes
Strength:           2   Charisma:          3    Intelligence:       4
Dexterity:          3   Manipulation:     6   Wits:                3
Stamina:           3    Appearance:       5    Perception:         4

Abilities
Archery:           0
Martial Arts:          5
Melee:       0
Thrown:       0
War:       0

Craft:           (Air: 2, Fire: 2, Water: 2, Magitech: 3)
Investigation:          0
Lore:       5
Medicine:       3
Occult:       5

Athletics:           0
Awareness:          3
Dodge:       0
Larceny:       0
Stealth:       0
---
Integrity:           5
Performance:        3
Presence:       5
Resistance:       3
Survival:       0

Bureaucracy:           2
Linguistics:          2
Ride:       0
Sail:       0
Socialize:       4

Specialties:           Bureaucracy (Corruption): 1, Presence (Persuasion): 1, Socialize (Courtly Intrigue): 1, Medicine (Childbirth): 1, Socialize (Seduction): 2

Rajah

You'll probably get more mileage out of the Verdant Emptiness Endowment line than Throne Shadow if you want to set up cults and stuff.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Empyrean

Thanks! I'll take another look at those charms. :)

ExisD

I also have a first-draft mostly finished. Some stuff is probably going to get shuffled around as I get more backstory thought up. Right now I'm thinking of a street fighter who learned how the world worked through violence from a young age.

I'm still working on what her moment of Exaltation would be. However, she continued behaving much the same way afterward, only recently realizing that it isn't the best way to accomplish her goals or actually find companionship rather than just people to fight.

Speaking of which, RSG how much do you want for our character's backstories?

Name: Empty Sky     Caste:  Slayer          Urge: To be determined

Motivation:  'Befriend' a much more powerful being             
Flaw:    Strike first, ask questions later.(Also applies to social attacks)

Attributes

Strength:        5(6) Charisma:        4 Intelligence:   
Dexterity:        5(6) Manipulation:  1 Wits:              4
Stamina:        3(4) Appearance:    5 Perception:      1

Abilities

*Archery:        0
*Martial Arts:        5(6)
*Melee:   
*Thrown:   
*War:   

Craft:        0
Investigation:       
Lore:   
Medicine:   
Occult:   

*Athletics:        5(6)
Awareness:       
Dodge:   
*Larceny:   
Stealth:   
---

Integrity:        1
Performance:     
*Presence:    5(6) 
*Resistance:   
Survival:   

Bureaucracy:        0
Linguistics:       
Ride:   
Sail:   
*Socialize:   

Unarmored(Martial Arts)
Refuge in Audacity(Larceny)   
Breaking Things(Athletics)   
Intimidation(Presence)   
After fighting someone(Presence)   
Improvised weapons(Thrown)   

Virtues

Compassion:  (4)4Temperance:  (1)1
Conviction:  (2)2Valor:  (4)4

Willpower: (8)8
MDV:    6

vitriolic orichalcum smash fists    2
    Blood Ape Demon Ink Tattoo    3
    vitriolic Orichalcum Hearth Stone Bracers   2
    Manse(Prism of inflamed passions)   2
    Backing(Isidoros)   1
    Cult   1
    Influence(Isidoros demons)   1

Intimacies:
    Through blows are true friendships forged(Belief/Desire)   
    Those who challenge her(Lust)   
    Isidoros(Admiration)   
    Find a new way of dealing with people(goal)   

Combat

DDV:  7   PDV:  9   Soak:  7B/7L/3A   Hardness:  4B/0L/0A
---

Smash Fists +3(18)   5B/2(13B)  +33MM, O
Smash Fists Clinch +2(17)   4B/2(12B)  -2MC, M, O, P
Improvised thrown object +0(13)  3+(9B+)  -25yT

Health
-0 ( ) 
-1 ( )( ) 
-2 ( )( )( )( )( ) 
-2 ( )( )( )( )( ) 
-2 ( ) 
-4 ( )( )( )( ) 
inc ( ) 
Dying ( )( )( ) 

Essence Pools
Personal:  17/17
Peripheral:  30/40
Committed:  10

Charms:

Malfeas:
1st Malfeas excellency*
Hardened Devil Body (3 free)
By Pain Reforged
Purity of Madness Defense
Pathetic distraction Rebuke
Insignificant embers Intuition
Green Sun Nimbus flare
Scarwrit saga shield x2
By Rage Recast    (normally keeps Air Adaptation, Inexhaustible, and Water Adaptation active when she has time to reset them)
{Night Vision 1, Large 1, Small 1, Air Adaptation 1, Fire Adaptation 1, Water Adaptation 1, Enhanced Eyes 1, Skin/Hair color change 1, Inexhaustible 2, Short Gestation 2, Impossible Joints 2, Huge 2, Tiny 2, Stone Body 6, Wings 6}
Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai

Isidoros:
1st Isidoros Excellency*
Indomitable Hedonism Drive*
Unbothered By Flies*
Weight Exaggerating Ego Density*
Push to Shove Reply*
Beyond Your Feeble Reach*
Foe-Hurling Gore Strike*
Tower Toppling Tantrum Toss*
Regiments like Bowling Pins*
Whorehouse flinging Muscle*
Impeded by nothing*
Sinew and Debrei Corona
Roam All Over Carelessness
Cavorting Pig Idol Influence
Godless Debauchery Enlightenment
Raw Whimsy diligence
Pleasure is business
Door splintering Juggernaut Motion

Martial Arts:
Roots of the Brass Lotus
Lightning Mental Armament
Stubborn Monkey Hesitation
Hunter Bags the Deer
Bird of Paradise Whistles in the North
Poisoned Rat Moves without pride
First Pulse Form

Bp Spent:  25/25
Valor 4 - 3
Martial Arts 5 - 2
Presence 5 - 2
Thrown 5 - 2
Athletics 5 - 2
Larceny 5 - 2
Dexterity 5 - 4
Favored specialties 4 - 2
Manse 2 - 2
Charisma 4 - 4

XP: 171/175
17 charms - 136 xp
6 TMA charms - 24 xp
Stamina 3 - 8 xp
Socialize 2 - 1 xp
Conviction 2 - 3 xp

eternaldarkness

I am so very interested in this if there's still room, and I'm even willing to play a minion of someone or supporting character if it's full-up on infernals. I kinda owe ExisD anyway, so there you have it Exis: want a minion to kick around?

RSGAlex

It took a moment for me to realize that I hadn't said this, but the Pompadour Pig's charms are in. I think there's room but let me check for everyone one more time and get back to that. (But yeah, I think so.)

RE: Empyrean and sheet. That's one (socially) powerful gal. Throne Shadow (at Ess 3) is a hilariously powerful style against most spirits, mortals, and non-Exalted folk. Depending on the unarmed status of the rest of the group mastery can make it even more (really) scary or just nice additions to what you've got.

RE: ExisD, Two pages, double spaced, collage ruled paper. :P Nah, just a few quick paragraphs will do. If you want something more solid to look at, try a Strange FATE style write up or the like.

Please wait warmly.

Re Z L

Hmmm...what do you think about TDO's rewrite of Laughing Wounds?

Kiss of the Whip

Cost:  2m; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 4; Type:  Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Crippling, Stackable
Duration:  Instant
Prerequisites:  None

With a predatory smile, the martial artist lashes her foe with vicious exactitude, making him cry out in shocked agony. If an unarmed attack enhanced by this Charm hits its target, it deals no damage. Instead, that character suff ers a Crippling e ffect, increasing the wound penalty he su ffers by -1 for the rest of the scene. Multiple uses of this Charm stack their penalties to a maximum of (Martial Arts).

Sensuous Torment

Cost:  3m; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 2; Type:  Reflexive (Step 9)
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Counterattack
Duration:  One Tick
Prerequisites:  None

The martial artist thrills to the torment that her pitiful enemies fear. This Charm can be activated in response to any attack that hits the martial artist, even if it does not successfully deal damage. She is overwhelmed by a wash of ecstatic essence, numbing her body to all pain. The martial artist gains bashing and lethal Hardness 20 against all attacks for the rest of the tick.

Laughing Wounds Form

Cost:  6m; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 4; Type:  Simple
Keywords:  Form-Type
Duration:  One scene
Prerequisites:  Kiss of the Whip, Sensuous Torment

Even as blood runs down her skin, the martial artist laughs savagely, whirling undaunted through battle like a scarlet-streaked demon. While this Charm is active, any wound penalties the martial artist suff ers are not applied to combat-related actions, unless she attacks or defends with a non-form weapon. Whenever she makes an unarmed attack, she adds the magnitude of any wound penalties suff ered by the attack's target to her raw damage. Finally, she may pay a level of lethal damage in place of a point of Willpower to channel Conviction or Valor. If she su ffers a wound penalty of -4 or greater, she need not expend a channel of the chosen Virtue when doing so.

Instructive Punishment Method

Cost:  4m; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender)
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Emotion
Prerequisites:  Laughing Wounds Form

The proper application of pain swiftly teaches weaklings how to serve. The martial artist may activate this Charm whenever an enemy attempts to attack her, defend against an unarmed attack made by her, or attempts to defend against mental influence exerted by her. With a crack of her whip or a menacing glance, she terrifi es the fool who dares defy her, causing them to suff er a -3 internal penalty on the action.  This is considered to be a wound penalty. If, within the same scene, the martial artist has dealt damage to the penalized character or imposed a Crippling e ffect on them with her unarmed attacks, this penalty is external. A character may pay a point of Willpower to resist all instances of this unnatural mental influence for the rest of their action.

Brand of Obedience

Cost:  3m, 1wp; Mins:  Essence 3, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Reflexive (Step 7)
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Crippling, Obvious
Duration:  Indefinite
Prerequisites:  Instructive Punishment Method

The martial artist truly owns her pathetic disciples, and can mark them as hers if she deems them worthy. If an unarmed attack enhanced by this Charm deals damage or inflicts a Crippling e ffect on the martial artist's foe, she leaves behind a dis figuring scar or an ugly welt. So long as she commits the motes spent on this Crippling e ffect, the wound is enchanted as a symbol of authority, and glimmers with the Old Realm rune for "Mine" if observed with essence sight. If a marked character attempts to attack the martial artist, defend against one of her unarmed attacks, or defend against mental influence exerted by her, she may choose to punish them for their disobedience by paying a single mote. The mark glows red and burns their skin, dealing (Essence) dice of lethal damage to them as a secondary Crippling e ffect. This damage ignores soak and Hardness from armor. Once the martial artist breaks her commitment to this Charm, the magic fades from the scar, though it remains until it is healed naturally.

Insatiable Slave Stamina

Cost:  4m; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Reflexive
Keywords:  Combo-OK
Duration:  One scene
Prerequisites:  Laughing Wounds Form

Grinning as black bruises darken her skin, the martial artist demonstrates an even greater appetite for pain than she expects from her slaves. So long as this Charm remains active, the martial artist does not fall unconscious if reduced to Incapacitated by bashing damage. Instead, she remains fully aware and active, with further levels of bashing damage being converted to lethal normally. Furthermore, she may soak lethal damage with her full Stamina, and adds an amount equal to the magnitude of any wound penalties she suff ers to her bashing and lethal soak.

Ecstatic Tenacity

Cost:  8m; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Reflexive (Step 7)
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Crippling, Obvious
Prerequisites:  Insatiable Slave Stamina

The most terrible wounds mean less than nothing to one who has re fined her tastes for agony. This Charm can be activated in response to any attack, reducing its raw and final damage to zero. However, this Charm does not prevent the martial artist from su ffering, instead converting the damage to a Crippling eff ect that increases the wound penalties she su ffers by -1 for the rest of the scene. Multiple uses of this Charm stack their penalties. This drawback is considered to be a unique Flaw of Invulnerability.

Rapture in Chains

Cost:  3m, 1wp; Mins:  Essence 2, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Supplemental
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Emotion
Duration:  Until released
Prerequisites:  Laughing Wounds Style

Victims restrained by the martial artist find themselves unwilling to break free.  If an unarmed clinch attack enhanced by this Charm succeeds, the martial artist's whip or chains seem to come alive as they twine around her foe, slipping into impossible knots of painful tightness. Whenever the grappled enemy rolls to establish control of the clinch, any wound penalties that apply to his roll are converted to external penalties. In addition, each time the martial artist would successfully deal damage to a clinched opponent by crushing him, she may instead cause him to lose a point of Willpower as an Emotion eff ect. If a character is reduced to zero Willpower while clinched, he gains an Intimacy of submissive lust towards the martial artist.

Groveling Penitence Prana

Cost:  7m, 1wp; Mins:  Essence 3, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Reflexive
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Compulsion
Prerequisites:  Rapture in Chains

Daring to oppose the mistress's will is like begging for humiliation. The martial artist may activate this Charm whenever she holds a clinched enemy, rolling (Charisma or Manipulation + Martial Arts) as a reflexive social attack against his Dodge MDV. If the martial artist's roll succeeds, her foe falls to his knees in submission. He is incapable of acting for the rest of the scene as if he were clinched, even if the martial artist releases him from her clutches. This unnatural mental influence can be resisted for a cost of three Willpower.

Ravishing the Unworthy Heart

Cost:  10m, 1wp; Mins:  Essence 4, Martial Arts 5; Type:  Supplemental
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Obvious, Servitude
Prerequisites:  Brand of Obedience, Ecstatic Tenacity, Groveling Penitence Prana

Shaping her lips into a kiss, the martial artist reaches forward to stroke her foe's chest. Then, with a grinning snarl, she plunges her hand through his ribs to rip out his heart. An unarmed attack supplemented by this Charm deals aggravated damage, leaving behind smoldering welts or bloody scars. In addition, if the martial artist's target su ffers a wound penalty that exceeds their (Valor), then the attack is unblockable and undodgeable. If the penalty exceeds their (Valor + 3), it is also unexpected. Characters that have no temporary Willpower always su ffer from an attack that is unblockable, undodgeable, and unexpected. If an attack enhanced by this Charm would slay the martial artist's enemy, she is faced with a choice. If she wishes, she may execute him, pulling out his heart with her bare hands or the tip of her whip in a gruesome fatality. A more merciful mistress, however, may choose to cancel all damage past her foe's Incapacitated health level in order to impose a Servitude e ffect on her victim. The victim's Motivation is replaced with a new Motivation of obeying the martial artist. Characters enslaved by this Charm may pay two Willpower to resist it for one scene, and are freed once they have spent a total of ten Willpower resisting this unnatural mental influence.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my char, I assume we are using the 2.5 scroll of errata and ink monkeys stuff is okay in general and assume in start anyway we can get dots in Infamy background (introduced in Broken-Winged Crane), works similar like Liege background for abyssals. I need however some people (or just one if able dual roleplay) my two allies; Whitefeather (my char's lunar mate) and Evony (brainwashed solar zenith, formerly prude but now hardcore nympho/sensualist with connections to Cult of Illuminated). As 3th dot ally each they are equivalent of starting chars (like us), anything less would been had 'nerfed' char gen. Also used flaws to get +6 BP points (flavorful weaknesses which could be bought overtime).

Damiel, Shadowclad Armando

Name: Damiel      Caste: FiendUrge (Adorjan): Remake anything that offends your aesthetic sensibilities or destroy them.

Motivation: Become free of all shackles binding him and become self-made god king of the worldFlaw: Pervert to fault (beautiful women are his weakness/distraction)

Attributes

Strength:        2 Charisma:        3 Intelligence:   
Dexterity:        5 Manipulation:  5 Wits:              5
Stamina:        3 Appearance:    5 Perception:      2

Abilities

Archery:        0
*Martial Arts:       
Melee:   
Thrown:   
War:   

Craft:        0
Investigation:       
Lore:   
Medicine:   
*Occult:   

Athletics:        1
Awareness:       
*Dodge:    5(8) 
Larceny:   
Stealth:   
---

Integrity:        5
*Performance:     
*Presence:   
Resistance:   
Survival:   

*Bureaucracy:        1
*Linguistics:       
*Ride:   
*Sail:   
*Socialize:   

Presence: Seduction       
Ride: Demonic transportations   
Dodge: Unarmored   
MA: Unarmed 

Virtues

Compassion:  (3)3Temperance:  (1)1
Conviction:  (5)5Valor:  (5)5

Willpower: (10)10
MDV:    8(+3 vs manipulation)

Artifact [V.O Hearthstone Bracer]    2
    Ally [Whitefeather]    3
    Ally [Lambent Spark Dancer]    3
    Backing [Ebon Dragon]    1
    Infamy    4
    Influence [Ebon Dragon Minions]    1
    Cult    1
    Coadjutor [Neomah]    5
    Manse [Shadowglass Valley]   4
    Demonic Familiar [Agatae]    5

Flaws&Merits: #       
    (Use FATE trouble instead)    +?pts

Intimacies:
    Mara (positive/love)   
    Malfeas (positive/home)   
    Yozis (negative/annoying overlords)   
    Whitefeather (positive/affection)   
    Lambent Spark Dancer (positive/trophy) 
    Gods (negative/neglecting assholes)   
    Underdogs (positive/entertaining)   
    Heaven (negative/stuck up folks)   
    Dragon-Blooded Women (positive/fetish)   
    Solars (negative/spoiled blessed assholes)   
    Cult of Illuminated (positive/amusing religion, lots to exploit) 
    FREE SLOT 
    FREE SLOT 

Combat

DDV:  10   PDV:  6   Soak:  6B/6L/3A   Hardness:  3B/3L/3A
---

Punch  144B+23MN
Kick     107B-22MN
Clinch  104B-1MN,C,P

Health
-0 ( ) 
-1 ( )( ) 
-2 ( )( )( )( )( )( )
-2 ( )( )( )( )( )
-4 ( )( )( )( ) 
inc ( ) 
Dying ( )( )( ) 

Essence Pools
Personal:  19/19
Peripheral:  41/45
Committed:  4/4

CHARMS

Malfeas
Hardened Devil Bodyx3 (free)
By Pain Reforged, 1hl
Scar-Writ Saga Shieldx2, permanent

Ebon Dragon
First Excellency, 1m (free)
Shadow Spite Curse, 3m (free)x2
Witness to Darkness, permanent
Cornered Titan Desperation, permanent
Loom-Snarling Deception, 7m
Eldricth Secrets Mastery, permanent
Life-Blighting Emptiness Attack, 3m
Nemesis Self Imagined Anew, 1m
Soul Crack Exploitation, 1m
Cracked Cell Circumvention, 2m
Brooding Resentment Technique, 5m(+1-5wp)
Bloodless Murk Evasion, 8m

Black Claw (CMA)
Open Palm Caress, 4m
Torn Lotus Defense, 2m
Flexing the Emerald Claw, 3m(4m)
Black Claw Form, 5m
Storm-Calming Embrace, 3m
Doe Eyes Defense, 3m
Table Turning Reversal, 6m
Outrage-Kindling Cry, 10m+1wp

BONUS POINTS 25/25
(12) Increase Abilities +4 Socialize, +3 dodge, +3 Integrity, +1 Larceny, +1 Resistance
(3) Purchase Specialties +6 dots worth to favored ones
(5) Willpower Increase +5
(5) Raise Virtues +2 Compassion, +3 Valor

XP 175/000
-24 Attributes; +2 Charisma, +1 Intelligence, Perception&Strength
-6 Increase Abilities; +1 Lore, +2 Occult
-57 Increase/Purchase Backgrounds; +2 Artifact, +4 Coadjutor, +4 Manse, +5 Demonic Familiar, +4 Infamy
-88 Master 8/9 Black Claw charms, Brooding Resentment Technique, Bloodless Murk Evasion

Shadowglass Valley (manse in creation, deep south)

Name: Shadowglass Valley
Creation Points: 8 base + 6pts from flaws and low hearthstone
Hearthstone: Alluring Deception (allows use manipulation in place of charisma for social rolls)
Maintenance: 0
Fragility: 1
Habitability: 2
Features: Magical Conveniences, Minor Tricks and Traps, Well-Flavored Aspect, Hidden Passage, Puzzle Manse, Ultra-Deadly Traps, Greater Veil of Shadow, Outside Fate
Description: Deep in the south in no-where there is a special valley in middle of the desert which appears ordinary dune to any observer. A unimportant, nothing significant and absolutely nothing special about it.

However if some quirk of faith someone walks into that dune....they soon discover instead feverish burning heat of noon day or cool night they enter to mesmerizing twilight illumination and notice they stand in middle of hard rock grounded valley where stands numerous tall dark black glass pillars which have dark reflective glimmering surface.

The Shadowglass Valley is a manse devoted to Ebon Dragon which is five mile radius, a safe haven for one most cunning fiends in his service; Damiel. Originally a valley with crystal glass and having potent solar aspected demesne thanks naturally created glass pillars storing solar energy in them, Damiel twisted the demesne for more Ebon Dragon's image. At first he got fervid smiths work on the glass pillars and use his various contacts to create numerous illusions, wards and cunning magic entire valley which supports no building but would allow camping or other such transported luxurious base if so wished.

Then after all that work he erased memories of the workers by memory eels and those which he could not force loose memory he oathbound to never speak about Shadowglass Valley or even acknowledge it's existence.

The manse provides some luxuries to the attuned people in there (besides giving weak hearthstone which allows deceivers to charm people), the temperature is always set to pleasant inside the valley. Secondly it allows control shadows and illusions to create whatever imaginary attuned person wishes, including sound but it never creates any loud sounds nor bright colors. Thirdly it allows attuned people navigate through the manse flawlessly and know where it's located even while outside from it (which is invaluable as otherwise they would never know where it is even if they had visited it once). Last but not least is that manse suppress any light source which essence rating is less than manse rating (meaning solars of 3th essence do not glow much when going iconic), this feature can be turned on or off by attuned people in even specific areas in the valley.

Also as manse was build by demons and other beings outside of fate the manse does not register in heaven despite it uses primordial essence and any blasphemy charms used inside manse radius do not show up at all. Nor any astrology locate people who are inside the manse and even most extreme case just mislead pursuer away from the manse once person enters it.

The another potent ability is it's ability hide in plain sight, as mentioned before to anyone outside manse the manse looks nondescript dune. Even to essence sight or other means. Only perfect awareness contested with roll against manse rating vs user's essence would allow them see the valley with glass pillars cloaked in shadows even on noon.

However even if manse is quite fragile to break it's not without defenses or cunning traps. First is that any person not attuned who enters immediately looses sight upon their companions if they loose gaze from one another even for a second. Thanks the illusion clouding the valley they could not hear each other even if they stand adjacent to one another. Only accidental physical contact breaks this simple trick. Then most deadly trap is that if unattuned person walks by glass pillars and looks on their reflection, their reflection leaps out and clinches them! Person needs feat of strength 15 to break free from the grip while shadowy reflection doppleganger drags them towards glass pillar which spawned it. If person does not break free in ten ticks from the doppleganger, they get sucked inside the dark glass pillar and remain imprisoned in shadow dimension (TED's own plane which counts same as being elsewhere) until hearthstone owner comes release them or manse is destroyed.

Also another cunning feature is that those who enter the manse have hard time leaving it out, as illusions, sounds and other geomantic factors make navigating inside the valley by unattuned person very difficult. Resulting them run in circles. With Intelligence+Larceny roll with difficulty 4 they can figure out how illusions deceive them and thus start see the signs when manse attempts deceive them to other direction and thus no longer fall to the trick. However as manse has no rooms and is vast space basically it means they can only use dices for this check which is equal to number of scenes spend in the valley or number of days. Meaning figuring out the trickery is slow and long process even expert cunning minded individuals.

Also manse provides some minor but useful benefits for those attuned to the manse. First is that manse provides minor boon on those who use manse provided shadowy illusion powers (well-flavored aspect) and also provides hidden passages in form of walking into shadow of specific glass pillars which hold dimensional door which allows rapid traveling inside the valley, ambush intruders or allows even exit for it. However to spot said secret doors is perception + [Awareness or Investigation] difficulty 4 if not specifically looking or otherwise 2. However because subtle nature of the manse the doors appear nothing more than unmoving 'deeper and darker' shadows besides glass pillars so intruders may not know significance of it at all without stepping on said shadow and teleported unintentionally it's other end.

Background

Damiel's story as mortal is pitiful case scenario. He was born ugly in east where his parents raised bog pigs, supposedly their shit is top class fertilizer in various nations across Thousand Kingdoms but it did not change the fact his entire life resolved around mucking shovels of shit from hippo sized pigs. Local population was heavily inbred and thus inbred marriages were common, despite his desires to break free from the lifestyle and going adventuring (see the world and become someone) he was bullied by his parents and discredited by his friends who always made jokes on his freakish appearance.

However his parents wanted him settle down (and forget any dreams of grandeur) and they married him second ugliest person in entire community...a marriage which he did not agree to but was forced to endure the ceremony. However ceremony was interrupted by raiders who slew his wife (he had chance save her or get her run with him but he did not do either as he was too scared). Raiders slew his parents but he felt only joy than sorrow from that, including slaying his friends and his wife.

However, as raiders eventually found him he was not killed....he was raped by them (they considered him a freak and they wanted 'play' with survivor) and made suffer torture on their amusement so they got to see 'a human pig to squeal!'. Squeaking he did while begging to be killed.....but instead was left alive broken laying in bile of shit and blood by raiders who did not want even honor him with a merciful death. Leaving him further crippled, scarred and certain to die without having functional limbs left in his body.

By this point neomah approached, most gorgeous being he had ever laid eyes on offered him chance to become great....reshaped, re-sculpted to perfection and made anew. A chance for revenge on the unjust world which had not heard his plea and which had made him suffer so much and being broken and written awful fate....as there was other broken beings who knew what defeat and being broken feels like; yozis. Damiel embraced the offer and thus he was remade anew, forsaking entirely his past life and past life and taking moniker of Damiel as he embraced his new life; becoming most handsome seductive devil as there is. A chosen of Ebon Dragon, yozi of lies and deception.

Albeit chosen as a fiend he dislikes being bossed around, in truth he seeks freedom in his services to reclamation but he haven't found one yet. In itself his goal mimics very closely his patron's to point he is more than eager to betray him.....which no doubt Ebon Dragon would take great delight in knowing his own minion thinks so much alike him and one reason why he gets surprisingly well along with Damiel. Also surprisingly Damiel gets along with third and second circle Ebon Dragon demons than Ebon Dragon itself. Most remarkable case is with Mara herself, which became soon his mentor who taught him martial arts and how to fight gracefully and educated bit on embracing his Ebon Dragon charms effectively. In truth in tutolage he fell in love with Mara; she was all around perfect girl for him.

However, he does not know one reason why Mara so eagerly taught was because she serves as last resort security mechanism as Ebon Dragon knows Damiel plans betray him and amongst first ones to learn it is likely his only loved one; Mara. Once his plan is known and how stop it, Mara's task is to slay Damiel with the ultimate technique of Black Claw, a technique which she haven't taught yet to Damiel. However her attraction to Damiel is not just business but pleasure; as he already in name of Reclamation has caused hefty chaos amongst Icewalkers (which amongst he seduced his lunar mate; Whitefeather) and then later got brainwashed by zealous solar Lambent Spark Dancer but he broke free from her compulsion charms and turned same game against her and turned her from prude purist into shameless nymphomaniac and sensualist (and his lover and have in spirit forsaken Cult of Illuminated but still 'acts' as believer of said cult). So he is man who is bringing misfortune and ruin to others, and that if anything else draws and excites Mara.

Coadjutor

The neomah who bonded with Damiel is called Szurai, she is unique amongst neomah's even before merging with Damiel. She is neomah who broke boundaries of her own form in self-performing flesh-crafting charm what neomah's had! It broke no laws back in her time, however such knowlegde approached self-granted ascension beyond her status as serf so Cecelyne made a law that point that neomah's cannot target themselves or other demons with said charm nor research how to do it (so that's forbidden knowledge in itself). However only punishment from her mishap was erasing memory of how she did it. She became elevated serf (a citizen and close to second circle demons over time as she build influence and contacts), fellow neomah adored and worshiped her as kind motherly figure. However, then her reign of celebrity ended as she was assigned to be coadjutor of green sun prince.....and at first she thought it was cleverly pulled ploy by some jealous citizen but then she delighted on finding Damiel and working his ugly misshapen form into anew much handsome form.

Since then she had coerced, encouraged and educated Damiel to be charming, social savy and popular as possible in hell's politics and social circles. In return she asks only regularly have pleasure with someone, in sex, food and so on as Szurai was sensualist in life and enjoyed procreating life even if she does so now through urgings with Damiel (and give sort mental fetish kick for dragon-blood women).

Wildris (agatae familiar)

Wildris was Damiel's assigned mount, escort and bodyguard in Malfeas in his first years in Malfeas where he learned the ropes being green sun prince. He grew fond of Wildris (she was beautiful creature and charming company) and they bonded together in the numerous times he rided on her through Malfeas and just enjoy the flight. Such simple, honest passion bonded them together to point Wildris connected with his exaltation in deeper level and had become even part to point jealously covet for Damiel's time and attention.

Details: Standard agatae expect following changes; +1 to Appearance and Wits. She also has these two charms known; Blessed Air Body (can confer it's benefit to rider as well so long rider is riding agata), Shatter (a 40 yard radius sonic boom which is undodgegable and needs parry DV 10 to avoid and does 14B which cannot be soaked by armor). Only works if agata has lost rider or it's rider is hurt by someone or when agata decides jealously perform it part of jealous temper tantrum.

RSGAlex

It'll be a little bit before I can say too much about Wounds Style (need to reference stuff because of numbers changes, et. al) but do want to chime in with this reminder. Flaws are being done FATE-ish, so you have one and it grants good stuff when it occurs.

But while I'm looking up stuff, what do people want to see more, the five closest islands or the city-state of the North closest by?

Please wait warmly.

Empyrean

Having an idea of where we're starting is good. I vote the five closest islands and the city-state nearest to them in the North. :)