News:

Main Menu

PETA has a new idea...

Started by Jag, January 09, 2009, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

I love caviar...

Well, considering my current budget, I actually love fish roe, but it's much of a muchness...

Roilvn

I want Fish so bad right now...

Tachi

Sort of a good idea but it doesn't really work out for them. People will see fish as fish, not sea-kittens.

Serephino

Peta doesn't have to worry about me eating fish.  I hate fish.  But I love beef, chicken, and pork  :-)  We are animals and we need protein.  I don't like beans and tofu either.  I'm more of a burger and fries kind of guy.  And now I want a burger. 

Paradox

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/heroic_peta_commandos_kill_49_save?utm_source=most_pop_dugg

I live three miles from PETA's headquarters; though filled with hyberbole, this portrayal is not entirely inaccurate.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Serephino

Here's a thought....  Why don't these PETA people exterminate themselves?  The portrayal may not be entirely accurate, but that's their mentality.  I read an article a while back where a woman said she had herself sterilized because breeding a purebred human would be vanity...  So... we're supposed to breed with horses?  Oh well, it's probably a good thing that woman won't be reproducing. 

I'm all for animal rights, but when you go to extremes like that you make yourself worse than what you're protesting against.  And I hate to burst their bubble, but animals born and raised in captivity can't survive in the wild.  They don't know how.  There are a few exceptions to the rule, but most of those are predators like dogs, cats, and snakes.  I had a pet rat that wasn't afraid of my cat because she had no reason to be.  She'd never seen one until my boyfriend brought me home a kitten.

Oniya

Could someone tell me what a purebred human would look like?  All the ones I've met seem to be mutts.  Half this, a quarter that, another quarter some other bloody thing...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Rhapsody

Quote from: Oniya on June 23, 2009, 10:15:37 PM
Could someone tell me what a purebred human would look like?  All the ones I've met seem to be mutts.  Half this, a quarter that, another quarter some other bloody thing...

I'd say take a look in the mirror, because I highly doubt that one of your parents was of another species. :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Trieste

I think she was referring to ethnicity...

Oniya

I was actually being facetious, which is about the only way I can react to someone claiming that 'breeding a purebred human would be vanity'.  And it's easy enough to ensure your children are of mixed ancestry - just don't date anyone on your own family tree.   ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zakharra

Quote from: Oniya on June 25, 2009, 08:15:30 PM
I was actually being facetious, which is about the only way I can react to someone claiming that 'breeding a purebred human would be vanity'.  And it's easy enough to ensure your children are of mixed ancestry - just don't date anyone on your own family tree.   ;D

Pureblood: The nobility, uppercrust of the social strata of society. ie. the nobilbity and royalty of European and many Asian countries, some political and/or wealthy families/clans in the Western nations. The Kennedy, Rockefeller, Bush and Clinton families among some.  Those who think they are morally, culturally and financially superior to those below them.

Oniya

The likelihood of Jane Doe on the street having those as her only options for marriage is so small as to be a ludicrous reason to justify sterilization to avoid 'breeding a purebred human'.  Heck, the nobility of Europe were also famous for their by-blows after going out 'slumming'.  Even the Kennedys aren't 'purebred', as their family tree includes a simple German bodybuilder and actor at this point, and we can't forget Charles and his two wives - both Diana and Camilla were women of the 'common folk'.

Doomsday

Oh my god, what would I give for some nice grilled sea kitten, with some lemon and a baked potato on the side.

Quote from: Paradox on June 23, 2009, 09:45:11 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/heroic_peta_commandos_kill_49_save?utm_source=most_pop_dugg

I live three miles from PETA's headquarters; though filled with hyberbole, this portrayal is not entirely inaccurate.

ROFL

"Look at his nose!"

"Those who survived with only severed limbs got off too easily. They were probably putting itchy-powder in Flopsy's big, beautiful eyes."

Zakharra

Quote from: Oniya on June 25, 2009, 10:24:12 PM
The likelihood of Jane Doe on the street having those as her only options for marriage is so small as to be a ludicrous reason to justify sterilization to avoid 'breeding a purebred human'.  Heck, the nobility of Europe were also famous for their by-blows after going out 'slumming'.  Even the Kennedys aren't 'purebred', as their family tree includes a simple German bodybuilder and actor at this point, and we can't forget Charles and his two wives - both Diana and Camilla were women of the 'common folk'.

True, but the nobility and uppercrust of the world espouse their breeding and wealth as the reasons theat they -are- better than the commonfolk.

Oniya

*backs up several steps in the discussion*

The woman in question got herself sterilized so she wouldn't engage in the 'vanity' of creating a 'purebred human'.

Even assuming that the uppercrust and nobility are considered to be 'purebred humans', sterilization is a pretty drastic way of preventing herself from having a child with the uppercrust and nobility - i.e., creating a 'purebred human'.  There are plenty of people outside that group that would be far more likely for her to meet, much less have a child with.

Now, if she'd said she didn't want children because she didn't want to add to the overpopulation problem, increase her carbon footprint, or just plain didn't want any, that would have been a completely different situation. 

Genetically, a purebreed is an organism that produces offspring like itself - like red roses or cocker spaniels.  If you mate two cocker spaniels with each other, you get a cocker spaniel, which has certain breed characteristics, not a cockapoo (which would involve a poodle in there).  Anything else, from 'tea roses' to most of the vegetables in the supermarket, to the couple down the street that has a blue-eyed daughter and a brown-eyed son is a hybrid.

Satnslillgrl

That was the scariest thread I've ever read. Sea Kittens, and "Buckets of Blood", and sterilization, and the upper-crust of society. Any normal person reading that would think we're all on drugs. But! I did get to make my own little Mahi Mahi kitten (Which happens to be my third favorite fish to consume)

Who's a pretty little sea kitten? You are. Yes, you are!
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Paradox

Quote from: Satanslillgirl on June 26, 2009, 04:24:21 PM

Pardon me while I pollute the ocean with vomit.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Oniya

That's 'chum', Para. 

*Sharks Sea tigers start circling.*

Sho

Quote from: Oniya on June 26, 2009, 08:45:10 PM
That's 'chum', Para. 

*Sharks Sea tigers start circling.*

HA. HAHAHHAA. That's fantastic.

Speaking of sea kittens, I had some wonderful sea kitten for lunch today, all wrapped in rice and seaweed. It was delightful.

As far as PETA throwing crap on people's coats...they threw fake buckets of blood onto two women going into an Opera where I live. If that happened to me, I would stuff a lawsuit so far up them that they would choke. -cough-

I think they're a ridiculous organization sullying their cause.

Plus, I'll eat all the sea kittens I want. Fish are gross。

Satnslillgrl

Quote from: Paradox on June 26, 2009, 07:50:41 PM
Pardon me while I pollute the ocean with vomit.

I take it you don't approve of my precious little Fifi?
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Revolverman

PETA ideas are clearly bad ideas.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Satanslillgirl on June 26, 2009, 04:24:21 PM

</Snark> Who forgot about Gills? Peta Did! *Watches the Fish Asphyxiate* </Snark>

consortium11

Quote from: Revolverman on July 02, 2009, 11:49:25 AM
PETA ideas are clearly bad ideas.

It's the lack of meat I tells ya!  ;)

Paradox

Quote from: Sel Nar on July 02, 2009, 01:23:23 PM
</Snark> Who forgot about Gills? Peta Did! *Watches the Fish Asphyxiate* </Snark>

PETA didn't forget the gills; they're probably just covered by the those ungodly flotation-aids.