Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Pink Professional

scribus1000

OH A CASSIE!!

Nice. :)

While this means I have to cross another chick off my list of "I'd-wanna-make-this" characters, I'm super happy to see her being made.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Laughing Hyena

Cassie Cage cheeks out easily enough. She should be in if I have any sway in the decisions. ^_^

Pumpkin Seeds

scribus1000

If Cassie is accepted, I honestly would wanna set something up with that character. Not even gonna lie.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 20, 2015, 09:53:43 PM
I will try to get my character done over the weekend.

Take your time! I can't wait to see what everyone will bring to this game.

Quote from: Fenrir on June 20, 2015, 09:55:15 PM
*snip*

WHOA! League characters are surging in now. I better finish up Vi and reserve her....then again, now I'm thinking of Lux solely for the sake of torturing Legion with her laugh...

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 20, 2015, 09:53:43 PM
I will try to get my character done over the weekend.
Exciting!

Can't wait!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Draven the Glorious Executioner

Other Draven Outfits

Gladiator Draven
Primetime Draven

Current Occupation: Executioner, Regular Badass, and Showman

Home World Information: Runeterra: particularly the Noxian Capital.  Noxus was Draven's original faction but once he joined the League of Legends none of that particularly mattered.  He was regularly put with and against people from all over Runeterra and he is currently stuck without much of his general home world information.

Appearance/Style Description: Draven has a very unique style that never really stood out on the Rift considering everyone had their own distinct looks that varied greatly.  He has strong shoulders and a hard jawline, with two red lines tattooed down the left side of his face.  He has short, usually crazy looking hair that typically matches a crazy looking smile when he's in battle but when he's outside a fight his smile can be very cha2rming.  He stands at a mighty 6'2 and has an even mightier mustache that was the source of several jokes among others along the Rift but he wore it like a champ. Draven's been known to change his outfit for various reasons for how he's feeling and the crowd just eats it up.

Sexuality: Heterosexual/Dominant Type

Personality: Draven is a confident mother-fucker to say the least, and he never lets anything keep him down for very long.  He loves a lot of things, but nothing as much as he loves himself and he's 100% sure 99.7% of people love him and he'll put that .3% in their place soon enough.  Draven is wild and does whatever he wants whenever he wants and it all come naturally to him- be it killing, fucking, sleeping, or hell he even likes to dance sometimes.  He has a wicked, sarcastic since of humor that lands him in trouble pretty regularly but he can be surprisingly charming when the situation calls for it.  At the core of his being he's two things: a killer and a showman.  He knows how to get people going and get them cheering- all the while managing super-cool, death-defying stunts.  Draven will likely say strange stuff that even people from the Runeterra might not understand, unless they're also still stuck in Rift Mode but he never cares if people understand or not and hardly takes the time to explain.

History: Draven spent his early life as an Executioner and found an talent for getting a crowd going that inflated his already large ego.  It became a show, something people would flock to to watch people try and escape their doom- but none ever managed.  He was nothing, if not thorough in his kills.  He was full of flash, changing his outfit regularly and dramatizing something that should have been a sad, depressing sight.  Soon though it was not enough for him, he wanted more.  He was always center stage in Noxus but he wanted more so he joined the League- a place where he could display his talents to the entire world.

Since then Draven understands two ways of life, being on the Rift and being off of it.  Outside the Rift he has a brother that he gets along with relatively well, he might even like him more than anyone else but he probably would not admit that to anyone else since Darius is probably his only competition.  But once he was on the Rift the rules seemed to change of their own accord: it never mattered who was on what side... who was killing who and everyone seemed to come back again and again until a Nexus was taken.  It was hard to remember anything outside of farming creeps, getting first blood, and watching out for ganks... hell it was hard for him to remember anything other than the bottom lane most of the time.  But even the battle seemed to reset itself time and time again, and he could never quite remember how the others had gone... but again it never seemed to matter.

Draven was in the Rift when something went wrong: it had started out normally- well, almost normally.  He was against that bitch with the accent that had more range with her gun than him with his axes.  She was out farming him and had managed to zone him and his support relatively easy.  The top-hatted wench had even managed to get that precious first blood putting him even further behind.  While Draven typically built damage first he felt it imperative to plan a bit so he went with his armor items first, beginning with a Chain Vest to build into a Guardian Angel.  It would give him an easy chance to catch up, Draven always caught up after all.  Damage could wait, he would out play her until then.

It didn't take long for her to make a terrible mistake, or maybe it was her support but in the end he had managed to kill them both.  It was so satisfying when she flashed just out of the reach of his expertly bouncing axes just for him to use his ultimate to tear her, and her support down from long range.  That gal with the long hair and looked like sunshine managed to get her slow and ult off as well but it was too late!  Draven had won the exchange and he took the time to laugh just outside of tower range at their fallen bodies.  Of course, that and his slowed state made it impossible to get away from the jungler- even his support couldn't save him.  He knew it and he used his Stand Aside to ensure his support could still get away since they were closer to their own tower and took the death as gracefully as Draven could... "Worth"

During his death he took the time to look at items... debating between finishing up his Guardian Angel or if he had made enough to warrant finishing up the Big Fucking Sword.  He probably could have finished the Jungler off, if he had been able to respawn with the GA finished so hell... it couldn't hurt.  He was almost caught up in farm anyway.  There was some sort of strange... inexplicable thing happened as bought the item and closed out the shop.  It was his turn to spawn but when he did, he wasn't on the Rift.

Current Situation: Draven doesn't have the slightest clue what happened or where he is: he's stuck in Rift Mode and subconsciously still thinks he's in the Rift and it effects his actions greatly.  Someone will need to explain some things to him- and he's definitely going to blame the strange occurrence on finishing a GA first- what ADC does that?  What was he thinking?

Weapon: Draven has two axes and would never trade them for another weapon- because they're obviously the best and he knows how to use them the best.  It's unclear if it is the design of the weapons or if it is because they're not of this plane: but they have the uncanny ability to be anywhere he needs them to be all at once.  He does not need to have the weapons in hand to activate each particular skill that may need them (i.e. he can still be spinning/catching his axes while using a different damaging skill with them- without loosing his chain of bouncing axes).  They have two modes: one bladed for normal thrown attacks and double bladed when he's spinning or bouncing them off enemies.  In theory they can be used for melee but Draven's never seen a reason or need to try them out that way.

Draven's Axes

Stats

Strength - 4
Agility - 2
Stamina - 1
Power - 1
Reputation - 0

Special Powers:
Spinning Axes: Draven's next attack will deal Double Damage: this attack will ricochet off the target high up into the air. If Draven catches it, he automatically readies another Spinning Axe.  Draven can have two Spinning Axes at once and can use his other skills while bouncing them against targets.
Blood Rush: Draven gains increased Movement Speed and Attack Speed. The Movement Speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration. Catching a Spinning Axe will refresh the cool down of Blood Rush.
Stand Aside:  Draven throws his axes, dealing physical damage to targets hit and knocking them aside. Targets hit are slowed.
Whirling Death:  Draven hurls two massive axes- in a straight line from his current direction- to deal physical damage to each unit struck. Whirling Death slowly reverses direction and returns to him and if his direction changes so does the path of the axes. The range on this skill is massive- reaching almost all the way across the Rift- but Draven may also activate this ability while the axes are in flight to cause it to return early. Deals less damage for each unit hit and resets when the axes reverse direction.
Active Defense Mechanisms:
-Read, uncontrolled skills only activated near death: and don't 'scale' like Draven's other skills. (also willing to let GM determine when they occur)
-Flash (summoner skill):  suddenly moving up typically 10ft away from previous position, includes the ability to move through objects (and can be longer than 10ft ONLY if it is through wall or object)
-Barrier (summoner skill):  a magical barrier of light that appears around Draven that absorbs a significant amount of damage
-Revive (Guardian Angel (also provides Draven with a little bit more defense)): revives Draven from death, with 30% health, after 4 seconds of stasis

Strengths:
'Welcome to the League of Draven' -- Draven is stuck in 'Rift Mode' and gives him access to summoner skills  and it also to the only item he had when he was taken from the Rift: Guardian Angel.  He has no idea how to activate his summoner skills and is unaware that they'll happen on their own without his control, whenever he does figure it out- he'll most certainly keep that tidbit to himself.  Being in Rift Mode also gives him a thirst for death, destruction, and blood and he rarely does anything other than look for battle- and is really good at goading people to fight him.
'League of Draven' -- Due to Draven's vast experience in showmanship and getting people to notice and love him, he earns Reputation over time.
'Too Easy' -- Draven is not a quick mover as far as dodging attacks, but he has had years and years of practices at catching his axes and sometimes having to move a bit quicker to do so.  He's able to catch almost anything with ease- even in the midst of battle.
'Who wants some Draven?' -- Though Draven is stuck in Rift Mode, he's definitely at home with the ladies and can be surprisingly persuasive and charming when he's not being a complete conceited ass in the field.

Weaknesses:
'Welcome to the League of Draven' -- Draven is stuck in 'Rift Mode' and therefore has no concept of death- he is under the distinct impression that he will respawn like he normally does when he's on the Rift.  He also will have an instant dislike to any League character- that was on the opposing team at the time of disruption and will go out of his way to try and kill them (whether or not they feel the same way).  Also, Draven will have an affinity towards whoever his support when he was transferred (I'm leaving this open in case someone wants to fill it specifically) and he will always aim to ensure they are working/fighting together (going against any rules or regulations that are set by whoever might be 'in charge').  Also, if he finds out his support is on the opposing side- he will switch sides without question- and will go to great lengths to try to protect them if he is able.
'Man, I'm good' -- Also known as overconfidence: Draven is most certainly very full of himself and can be reckless in his attempts to get kills all the while ensure that he looks hella-cool.
'Subtle?  I don't do subtle' -- Also known as being an ADC: Draven is meant to deal damage and does so very well- all his stats will likely go to Power and Strength leaving him very, very squishy.
'Not Draven, Draaaaaven' -- Draven doesn't understand how to use other character's weaknesses/lore against them he's completely convinced that all can be solved with pure strength and axes- his strength and axes to be exact.  His never needed it before and he's not going to be convinced he needs it now.

EDIT: Stats- it was pointed out by another player that Draven's axe skills would not be effected by power.  So I took two points from Power and put one in strength and one in Agility.

First off - super excited that you're interesting in joining us!

A few notes: Currently he has a few too many powers. If you could narrow it down to three - that would be excellent!

Also, what's the status of his life ever since the Legion came in? Is he part of the Protagonist community already? Just basically how does he currently fit within the world.

Laughing Hyena

League of Draven' -- Due to Draven's vast experience in showmanship and getting people to notice and love him, he earns Reputation over time.

> Thats way too potent. It basically is free stat points without the sacrifice and investment required. Best to remove this from the equation as it's very very potent.

Saric

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 20, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
League of Draven' -- Due to Draven's vast experience in showmanship and getting people to notice and love him, he earns Reputation over time.

> Thats way too potent. It basically is free stat points without the sacrifice and investment required. Best to remove this from the equation as it's very very potent.

That depends, Reputation isn't really a combat stat and whether or not it's broken would be determined by the rate of increase. One point every two months isn't that bad, one every week is ungodly. I think it just needs to be negotiated and set down.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Saric on June 21, 2015, 12:18:15 AM
That depends, Reputation isn't really a combat stat and whether or not it's broken would be determined by the rate of increase. One point every two months isn't that bad, one every week is ungodly. I think it just needs to be negotiated and set down.

Reputation does come into play during combat situations and it's currently being worked on right now to implement into GM posts.

Personally, gaining stats as a power or stat is usually frowned on, because stats are given out (most of the time) over time frame.

Blue Nova

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 20, 2015, 10:36:45 AM
Gwyndolin
Dark Sun Gwyndolin

Current Occupation: Drifter

Home World Information: Dark Souls - Lordran

Appearance/Style Description: Of average height with pale white hair that shimmers like moonlight on still water, Gwyndolin changes his appearance as often as he pleases with his powerful illusions, though he usually disguises himself inconspicuously as a young blind woman in street clothes.

Sexuality: Pansexual. Gwyndolin is attracted to the clever, the strong and the bold.

Personality: Dark Sun Gwyndolin is a trickster of the first order, able to change his face and his personality to suit his needs. Gwyndolin respects strength of will and cunning in equal
measure, and while he normally prefers nonviolent means to achieve his aims the Dark Sun has vowed to never again be insulted or pushed aside by anyone and to reclaim the kingdom that is rightfully his and prove that he is the greatest of the gods.

History: Shunned and raised as a girl for his affinity with Moon Sorcery rather than sunlight-based miracles, The Dark Sun was the last true deity remaining in Anor Londo after Lord Gwyn sacrificed himself to link the fires and prolong the Age of Fire.

Gwyndolin faithfully watched over Anor Londo for countless millennia to honor the father whose praise and affection he could never earn, but eventually a chosen undead undid the grand illusion he'd created to keep a grasp on the image of majesty in Anor Londo, and Gwyndolins deception was undone.

The Dark Sun nearly fell into despair then. He didn't know how long he'd languished there in the twilight of the abandoned city of the gods, the voice of his long-departed father taunting him for his failure, but eventually something inside Gwyndolin snapped and he finally understood that it was not he who had failed Gwyn. It was Gwyn who had failed him and all of his people.

That was when he departed Anor Londo in search of a way to restore its glory and while moving between worlds he discovered that his world would eventually be overtaken anyway once the Legion appeared, and so Gwyndolin wove one last illusion, sending a complex simulacrum to approach the Legion and expending much of his power in doing so while he searched for a way to end the Legions threat permanently.

Current Situation: In New York, watching and waiting

Weapon: Tin Darkmoon Catalyst - Gwyndolins sorcery catalyst, powered by Faith rather than Intelligence. Can also serve as a melee weapon in a pinch.

Stats
Strength - 1.
Agility - 2.
Stamina - 1.
Power - 4.
Reputation - 0.

Special Powers: Moon Sorcery. Gwyndolin is a skilled and powerful soul sorcerer, tutored by Seath the Scaleless himself. Gwyndolin has expended much of his sorcerous knowledge and power creating the illusion of himself currently working with the Legion. He still knows the following spells.
-
Soul Arrow
"Elementary sorcery. Fire a soul arrow.
Soul arrows inflict magic damage, making them effective against iron armor, tough scales, and other physically resilient materials."
Hidden Body 3/Scene
-"Ancient sorcery of the lost land of Oolacile. Turns body nearly invisible.
Although perfect invisibility is unachievable due to the risk of dissipation, the caster need only stand still for a moment to blend in to environs with astounding camouflage."

Moon Illusions. Gwyndolin has the unique ability to weave quasi-real illusions from souls, even duplicating specific people perfectly if he has met them personally. This is a natural ability separate from his sorceries and relies on the power of Gwyndolins own soul to give them strength, though the illusions are never as strong as the real thing. Grander illusions require more and more powerful souls.

Strengths: Expert con artist and skilled at mundane sleight of hand. Gwyndolin is very charismatic and a master manipulator and strategist, having been a god and controlled three covenants simultaneously for millennia. In combat he relies on trickery and evasion to avoid harm while pelting his enemies with Soul Sorceries and hindering them with illusions.

Weaknesses: Gwyndolin is mortal. His divine power is mostly expended, and in melee he is no more resilient than anyone else. Also, his Soul Sorceries require a catalyst to be used.

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 20, 2015, 07:13:01 PM
Cassie Cage
Cassie Cage

Current Occupation: None. This version of New York is a mystery, but hey: Cassie’ll bounce back and get a job…Maybe as a bartender or something.

Home World Information: The world of Mortal Kombat is a mirror of the mundane world, but with a clear twist. Much like the world of Street Fighter, Martial Artists are able to gain extreme forms of power in this universe, and inside the Mortal Kombat world is a set of other worlds: The Netherrealm, Outworld, and others would dare to lay siege to the Earthrealm. Because of this, a unique set of defenders; more powerful than any mere human, must keep the realm safe by participating in one-on-one duels, often to the death, known as Mortal Kombat.

Appearance/Style Description: Cassandra ‘Cassie’ Cage appears much as she does in her game: sporting either a casual set of gym equipment, complete with her own name branded on the thigh, or a form-fitting synthetic uniform with holsters for her various weapons. While the armour may look like the idea of a sex-crazed gimp general, it actually covers up a layer of Kevlar reinforced under armour, designed to make her just a little bit more durable than your average piece of crap human.

Sexuality: Bisexual – Cassie is a creature driven as much by instinct and impulse than by anything else. She does what she wants, when she wants and that often translates to who she wants.

Personality: Witty, charming, funny, and seemingly hyper-confident, Cassie is a force to be reckoned with and a person that seems to attract attention in all the right, and wrong, ways. While she seems like the most perfect-est of rounded, well-developed only children; complete with brash over-confidence, and an inability to know fear or shame. In truth, Cassie is nursing more than a few parental issues. She is constantly striving to prove herself against the legends of her heritage, and that sometimes results in her taking risks that she should not. She strives to be the best, if only to prove everyone wrong, and prove that she is Cassie Cage, Kick-ass defender of Earthrealm; not Cassandra Cage, Sonya and Johnny’s daughter.

History: Cassie Cage, having recently managed to stomp her $500 boot print into Shinnok’s pasty white butt cheek, was starting to enjoy some of the perks of being one of Earthrealm’s premier defenders. She was being trusted with duties by the Thunder God, Raiden, and she was taking steps towards finding a master who could help her develop the Glow. A war was brewing between Earthrealm and Outworld, and Cassie was poised to lead the charge against the Khan and his forces.

Yet things changed when she was contacted by an otherworldly force.

At first, she thought it was the Elder Gods. It seemed natural that they would contact her, after her role in defeating the fallen Elder god. But she was told of something beyond her realms, beyond the minor conflict between Earthrealm and Outworld. She was warned about the Legion, and how it would consume Earthrealm inevitably, unless the Protagonists could stop it. Cassie accepted the call, partly because of the thrill, and partly because these Protagonists had chosen her, and not her father or mother. They had made her the champion of Earthrealm, so how could she say no?

Current Situation: Recently joined the Protagonists, is looking for a chance to show off her skills.

Weapon: Pistol – A run of the mill pistol with run of the mill bullets. It serves a purpose in either distracting, damaging or deleting the baddies, depending on their scale of Legion douche-baggery.

Baton – A metal, extendable baton which serves the purpose of beating down baddies into a messy, bloody pulp. The force of the baton has proven to be extreme in Cassie’s hand, dislodging the jaws of men, monsters and even the occasional fallen-god.

Stun Knife – A simple enough upgrade to a normal knife, the Stun knife is a sharp, short bladed weapon that can emit a powerful, non-lethal shock in the right circumstances. It emits the shock from the back side of the actual knife, so it is best used when someone either deflects the knife’s attack, or when you stab someone. It was made famous by renowned Foxhound member, Solid Snake.

Stats - We have 5 different stats in the game. We do not roll for hitting, or use it to track health. The purpose of these stats is only to help the GMs during the free-form fights. We have a better gauge of how strong you are, versus how strong another character is. And vice versa. New characters will start with 4 points to spend. Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Power will all start at 1. Reputation starts at 0. If you have an issue - please contact any of the GMs or post in one of our OOC threads - and one of our players will help you out!

Strength –3: Above average in strength, Cassie is able to break bones, ligaments and balls with her blows…So don’t get handsy!
Agility – 2: Cassie’s fighting style revolves around overwhelming opponents with hand-to-hand blows. She hits fast and hard, so watch out.
Stamina - 2: As far as humans go, Cassie is peak in terms of physical conditioning. She can take punches, be frozen, be set on fire and be stabbed, and avoid being outright killed. Kicking ass sometimes requires getting your ass a little kicked, y’know.
Power – 1:  Untempered and uncontrolled, Cassie has some access to the power her father affectionate names: ‘the glow’. It is something to do with some crazy war-monks from a thousand years ago, or something, but when she does access it (normally in times of extreme emotional stress), she is a freakin’ juggernaut!
Reputation – 0: In this new Protagonist legion, Cassie is an unknown entity, and she has made every attempt to keep it that way. People don’t know Cassie, and more importantly, they don’t know Mommy or Daddy. She wants to keep it that way…at least that last part. Bitch, she wants all the fan clubs, later.

Special Powers: Combat Expert – Having thought Gods, Khans, Heroes, and Villians for a good decade or something now, Cassie is a butt kicking machine. She fights mainly with her hand to hand skills, and as such can fight people who wield weapons without them. She is quick, strong, and fierce without her kit…With it? She’ll kick all sorts of butt.

The Glow – A long time ago, some crazy Mediterranean cult began to selectively breed and train warriors, who could fight for and against the gods. At some point, this cult got frisky or something, because the Cage lineage seems to possess an undeniably potent version of this power, known pretty much exclusively as ‘The Glow’. The Glow is an untapped power for Cassie, but in times of emotion she can use the power to augment her strength, agility, and stamina. If she can train and control this power, the possibilities are far more exciting.

Strengths: Kicking ass and taking names – Pretty self-explanatory, Cassie is a natural born butt-kicker. She likes it, she likes looking good while doing it, and she likes getting better at it. Cassie is gifted at fighting, to be sure, but she is even more gifted at learning how to fight. She picks things up really quickly, and adapts them to her own style even quicker.

Adaptable – Cassie is able to quickly adjust to a situation, both inside combat and outside of it. That means that she handles pressure and surprises better than most. Does a team need a leader? Cassie’s got you covered. Does the group need a pilot, or a shooter? Cassie’ll do it. Does the group need some quick money? Eh, Cassie could do a bit of stripping.

Weaknesses: Human after all – Cassie, while a hell of a strong human, is only a human. She might have some fancy powers, but if you shoot her enough times, she’ll die. She can’t fly, she can’t breathe in space or under water, she can’t heal that quickly either. She is thoroughly mortal.

Poor diplomat – Cassie doesn’t have any particular golden tongue, when it comes to diplomatic things at least. The last time she tried to play that particular role, she nearly started a war with another realm. On a personal level? Sure, Cassie is a funny, fun person. Diplomacy though? Shudders

Both these characters are approved and can be moved over to the Character Sheets thread.

Draven

Draven the Glorious Executioner

Other Draven Outfits

Gladiator Draven
Primetime Draven

Current Occupation: Executioner, Regular Badass, and Showman

Home World Information: Runeterra: particularly the Noxian Capital.  Noxus was Draven's original faction but once he joined the League of Legends none of that particularly mattered.  He was regularly put with and against people from all over Runeterra and he is currently stuck without much of his general home world information.

Appearance/Style Description: Draven has a very unique style that never really stood out on the Rift considering everyone had their own distinct looks that varied greatly.  He has strong shoulders and a hard jawline, with two red lines tattooed down the left side of his face.  He has short, usually crazy looking hair that typically matches a crazy looking smile when he's in battle but when he's outside a fight his smile can be very charming.  He stands at a mighty 6'2 and has an even mightier mustache that was the source of several jokes among others along the Rift but he wore it like a champ. Draven's been known to change his outfit for various reasons for how he's feeling and the crowd just eats it up.

Sexuality: Heterosexual/Dominant Type

Personality: Draven is a confident mother-fucker to say the least, and he never lets anything keep him down for very long.  He loves a lot of things, but nothing as much as he loves himself and he's 100% sure 99.7% of people love him and he'll put that .3% in their place soon enough.  Draven is wild and does whatever he wants whenever he wants and it all come naturally to him- be it killing, fucking, sleeping, or hell he even likes to dance sometimes.  He has a wicked, sarcastic since of humor that lands him in trouble pretty regularly but he can be surprisingly charming when the situation calls for it.  At the core of his being he's two things: a killer and a showman.  He knows how to get people going and get them cheering- all the while managing super-cool, death-defying stunts.  Draven will likely say strange stuff that even people from the Runeterra might not understand, unless they're also still stuck in Rift Mode but he never cares if people understand or not and hardly takes the time to explain.

History: Draven spent his early life as an Executioner and found an talent for getting a crowd going that inflated his already large ego.  It became a show, something people would flock to to watch people try and escape their doom- but none ever managed.  He was nothing, if not thorough in his kills.  He was full of flash, changing his outfit regularly and dramatizing something that should have been a sad, depressing sight.  Soon though it was not enough for him, he wanted more.  He was always center stage in Noxus but he wanted more so he joined the League- a place where he could display his talents to the entire world.

Since then Draven understands two ways of life, being on the Rift and being off of it.  Outside the Rift he has a brother that he gets along with relatively well, he might even like him more than anyone else but he probably would not admit that to anyone else since Darius is probably his only competition.  But once he was on the Rift the rules seemed to change of their own accord: it never mattered who was on what side... who was killing who and everyone seemed to come back again and again until a Nexus was taken.  It was hard to remember anything outside of farming creeps, getting first blood, and watching out for ganks... hell it was hard for him to remember anything other than the bottom lane most of the time.  But even the battle seemed to reset itself time and time again, and he could never quite remember how the others had gone... but again it never seemed to matter.

Draven was in the Rift when something went wrong: it had started out normally- well, almost normally.  He was against that bitch with the accent that had more range with her gun than him with his axes.  She was out farming him and had managed to zone him and his support relatively easy.  The top-hatted wench had even managed to get that precious first blood putting him even further behind.  While Draven typically built damage first he felt it imperative to plan a bit so he went with his armor items first, beginning with a Chain Vest to build into a Guardian Angel.  It would give him an easy chance to catch up, Draven always caught up after all.  Damage could wait, he would out play her until then.

It didn't take long for her to make a terrible mistake, or maybe it was her support but in the end he had managed to kill them both.  It was so satisfying when she flashed just out of the reach of his expertly bouncing axes just for him to use his ultimate to tear her, and her support down from long range.  That gal with the long hair and looked like sunshine managed to get her slow and ult off as well but it was too late!  Draven had won the exchange and he took the time to laugh just outside of tower range at their fallen bodies.  Of course, that and his slowed state made it impossible to get away from the jungler- even his support couldn't save him.  He knew it and he used his Stand Aside to ensure his support could still get away since they were closer to their own tower and took the death as gracefully as Draven could... "Worth"

During his death he took the time to look at items... debating between finishing up his Guardian Angel or if he had made enough to warrant finishing up the Big Fucking Sword.  He probably could have finished the Jungler off, if he had been able to respawn with the GA finished so hell... it couldn't hurt.  He was almost caught up in farm anyway.  There was some sort of strange... inexplicable thing happened as bought the item and closed out the shop.  It was his turn to spawn but when he did, he wasn't on the Rift.

Current Situation: Draven doesn't have the slightest clue what happened or where he is: he's stuck in Rift Mode and subconsciously still thinks he's in the Rift and it effects his actions greatly.  Someone will need to explain some things to him- and he's definitely going to blame the strange occurrence on finishing a GA first- what ADC does that?  What was he thinking?

Weapon: Draven has two axes and would never trade them for another weapon- because they're obviously the best and he knows how to use them the best.  It's unclear if it is the design of the weapons or if it is because they're not of this plane: but they have the uncanny ability to be anywhere he needs them to be all at once.  He does not need to have the weapons in hand to activate each particular skill that may need them (i.e. he can still be spinning/catching his axes while using a different damaging skill with them- without loosing his chain of bouncing axes).  They have two modes: one bladed for normal thrown attacks and double bladed when he's spinning or bouncing them off enemies.  In theory they can be used for melee but Draven's never seen a reason or need to try them out that way.

Draven's Axes

Stats

Strength - 4
Agility - 2
Stamina - 1
Power - 1
Reputation - 0

Special Powers:
Spinning Axes: Draven's next attack will deal Double Damage: this attack will ricochet off the target high up into the air. If Draven catches it, he automatically readies another Spinning Axe.  Draven can have two Spinning Axes at once and can use his other skills while bouncing them against targets.
Blood Rush: Draven gains increased Movement Speed and Attack Speed. The Movement Speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration. Catching a Spinning Axe will refresh the cool down of Blood Rush.
Stand Aside:  Draven throws his axes, dealing physical damage to targets hit and knocking them aside. Targets hit are slowed.
Whirling Death:  Draven hurls two massive axes- in a straight line from his current direction- to deal physical damage to each unit struck. Whirling Death slowly reverses direction and returns to him and if his direction changes so does the path of the axes. The range on this skill is massive- reaching almost all the way across the Rift- but Draven may also activate this ability while the axes are in flight to cause it to return early. Deals less damage for each unit hit and resets when the axes reverse direction.
Active Defense Mechanisms:
-Read, uncontrolled skills only activated near death: and don't 'scale' like Draven's other skills. (also willing to let GM determine when they occur)
-Flash (summoner skill):  suddenly moving up typically 10ft away from previous position, includes the ability to move through objects (and can be longer than 10ft ONLY if it is through wall or object)
-Barrier (summoner skill):  a magical barrier of light that appears around Draven that absorbs a significant amount of damage
-Revive (Guardian Angel (also provides Draven with a little bit more defense)): revives Draven from death, with 30% health, after 4 seconds of stasis

Strengths:
'Welcome to the League of Draven' -- Draven is stuck in 'Rift Mode' and gives him access to summoner skills  and it also to the only item he had when he was taken from the Rift: Guardian Angel.  He has no idea how to activate his summoner skills and is unaware that they'll happen on their own without his control, whenever he does figure it out- he'll most certainly keep that tidbit to himself.  Being in Rift Mode also gives him a thirst for death, destruction, and blood and he rarely does anything other than look for battle- and is really good at goading people to fight him.
'League of Draven' -- Due to Draven's vast experience in showmanship and getting people to notice and love him, he earns Reputation over time.
'Too Easy' -- Draven is not a quick mover as far as dodging attacks, but he has had years and years of practices at catching his axes and sometimes having to move a bit quicker to do so.  He's able to catch almost anything with ease- even in the midst of battle.
'Who wants some Draven?' -- Though Draven is stuck in Rift Mode, he's definitely at home with the ladies and can be surprisingly persuasive and charming when he's not being a complete conceited ass in the field.

Weaknesses:
'Welcome to the League of Draven' -- Draven is stuck in 'Rift Mode' and therefore has no concept of death- he is under the distinct impression that he will respawn like he normally does when he's on the Rift.  He also will have an instant dislike to any League character- that was on the opposing team at the time of disruption and will go out of his way to try and kill them (whether or not they feel the same way).  Also, Draven will have an affinity towards whoever his support when he was transferred (I'm leaving this open in case someone wants to fill it specifically) and he will always aim to ensure they are working/fighting together (going against any rules or regulations that are set by whoever might be 'in charge').  Also, if he finds out his support is on the opposing side- he will switch sides without question- and will go to great lengths to try to protect them if he is able.
'Man, I'm good' -- Also known as overconfidence: Draven is most certainly very full of himself and can be reckless in his attempts to get kills all the while ensure that he looks hella-cool.
'Subtle?  I don't do subtle' -- Also known as being an ADC: Draven is meant to deal damage and does so very well- all his stats will likely go to Power and Strength leaving him very, very squishy.
'Not Draven, Draaaaaven' -- Draven doesn't understand how to use other character's weaknesses/lore against them he's completely convinced that all can be solved with pure strength and axes- his strength and axes to be exact.  His never needed it before and he's not going to be convinced he needs it now.

EDIT: Stats- it was pointed out by another player that Draven's axe skills would not be effected by power.  So I took two points from Power and put one in strength and one in Agility.

I love Draven so much, but Rel Mayer is right about the powers technically. Try not to spell out what League of Legends says, and become more vague with the powers. Instead of saying "Doubles his speed" just say "Greatly increases". Also, try to make the character your own. What would Draven be like if he left the League and was around all kinds of other characters for decades.

Darwishi

Color me interested. 

Does one have to be familiar with the video game in order to play?  I know the characters can be different, I'm more concerned about knowing the worlds they're from.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 11:10:14 AM
Color me interested. 

Does one have to be familiar with the video game in order to play?  I know the characters can be different, I'm more concerned about knowing the worlds they're from.

Excellent!

And you don't have to be familiar with all video games to play. Really, we've made a lot of changes with our characters that don't really follow the lore sometimes. I'd just pick a character that you know fairly well or that you don't mind taking liberties in changing.

Darwishi

So many characters to choose from... Ms. Marvel, Samus Aran, Lara Croft, Madison Paige, Sophitia, Tifa, Ghost... not even to mention all of the original characters.  *ponders*

Pumpkin Seeds

Slowly working on a Lara Croft if I am able to.  Just kind of piecing things together.

Fenrir

Would it be more appropriate to put my thoughts/questions here about Draven or address them through PM?

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Fenrir on June 21, 2015, 11:38:47 AM
Would it be more appropriate to put my thoughts/questions here about Draven or address them through PM?
Whatever you prefer. Just sent it to both me and Blue Nova.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 21, 2015, 11:31:22 AM
Slowly working on a Lara Croft if I am able to.  Just kind of piecing things together.

Ping me if you want help!
Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 11:24:27 AM
So many characters to choose from... Ms. Marvel, Samus Aran, Lara Croft, Madison Paige, Sophitia, Tifa, Ghost... not even to mention all of the original characters.  *ponders*

I think Pumpkin wants to play Lara, if that's alright. The others should be fine. We had a Samus, so you would have to just be notified of a bit of her history before she went inactive - if you do go the Samus route.

Vaulera

Ah! Dar! If you want to talk characters, you can PM me! Excited to see you in the works for this game!

Darwishi

Rel Mayer

Laughing Hyena

Darwishi

Angie

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 02:54:02 PM
Eh heh, I still have to create a character sheet. XDD

You're one of us whether you like it or not. :D
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

scribus1000

Darwishi

Aw. Thanks!  Why do some characters have more points to distribute than others? o.O