D&D 3.5 Xcrawl game.

Started by Kakihara, September 09, 2006, 12:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

Would anyone be interested in a Xcrawl game that is heavy on the XXX?  Xcrawl is a game that is sorta mixing the standard dungeon crawl with American Gladiators and WWE.  We would be using basic 3.5 rules with the addition of the Book of Erotic Fantasy rules to add onto it.  Would also be using a modified alignment rule from the Monte Cook products, but I would supply all the info needed for characters not listed in either the core books or the Book of Erotic Fantasy.  The basic setting is a modern America where it is ruled by the reminants of the Roman Empire.  for some more info on the setting you can read this review that goes over the basic premise.

http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_7654.html

There would be a mix of consensual and non consensual sex and a number of puzzles and obsticles in the dungeon levels that would require the use of sex to solve them.  Also, there would be down time in the break rooms where others could comingle and even more rompus could happen.  Just seeing if anyone would be interested.

Mia Saisyu

I, as Mia, would be completely interested. ^^;

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Also be interested in this.  Like the idea and premise of the game.

indarkestknight

Kakihara

Well, what I'm thinking is we'd either have everyone as one team or, perhaps, two teams depending on the response.  There would probably be some combat but most of it will be or result in some misbehavor.  Now, it would be a non-sanctioned Xcrawl, I'm thinking like in Brazil or such, but it is a most anticipated pay per view event that could launch the career of any low level Xcrawler.  As unsanctioned, some of the normal rules of the game, like no demons and such, would not apply.  I'm leaning towards everyone starting at level 5.

Seems like we definatly have enough interested though to start a game.

WarDragon

Interested.  When you say "basic" D&D 3.5, does that mean SRD-only?

Cosmo_ac

i might also be interested, though i admit i'm not too experienced at AD&D though i fortionatly have the 3.5 books.  If you would be able to give us more details about how much rolling there will need to be, and if you'd be willing to be patient with the new players who probably have a lot of questions, i think i'd be interested.

Kakihara

Well, by basic I mean just need to have the two core books.  Don't need to have the Xcrawl book or the Monte Cook books as I will give players that info for character creation.  And also, I mean, although it's set in a more modern world it isn't using d20 modern books.

Well, I figure there will be a decent amount of rolling but as a DM... well, DJ in this case... I have a tendency to favor roleplaying and not rollplaying so it's not like I'm going to make you roll dice for every little thing.  I am always patient with new players.  This will be my first Xcrawl so have no reason not to be patient.

Cosmo_ac

ok, if you started the game up and gave me a chance to look things over i'd probably be interested in giving it a shot.  I think i have some old charactor sheets hanging around and might use one of those for my char.

Mindhazingsquid

So, that means just the base classes?  Barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, fighter, paladin ranger, rogue, sorcerer, wizard?

WarDragon

Let me rephrase my question; are we allowed to use material from other D&D books if we have them?  I can work with just the SRD, but I've played with other sources (the Races of... series, the Complete series, etc.) so much that it feels limiting...

Kakihara

Oh, sorry, wasn't clear.  I will consider other base classes and prestige classes, though remember that we are in a semi-modern world and with a roman flavor in america.  There are no pda, no laptops and the like.  Nothing from any of the world specific books would be allowed like Eberron or Forgotten Realms or the like unless you can justify it.  I have most of the books though on pdf so as long as I have access to the book I'm willing to consider it.

WarDragon

That's fine.  Anything you don't have that I want to use, I'd be willing to send you (except for Warlock, or the Tome of Battle classes, which require the whole book).  I read the article you linked, and really like the setting...

Mia Saisyu

May I suggest the http://www.netbook-of-uck.net/index.htm GUCK? It has pretty good mechanics for naughty stuff..

Kakihara

Quote from: Mia Saisyu on September 09, 2006, 09:39:58 PM
May I suggest the http://www.netbook-of-uck.net/index.htm GUCK? It has pretty good mechanics for naughty stuff..

I've actually used this one in the past and know it but it lacks a little refinement is my only issue, that and it looks like the people who were doing it abandoned it a few years ago. I would actually be using some of the things from it but was leaning towards the BoEF for the most part. 

Also, not big on some of their mechanic but it's worked in the past.  Anyone else have a preference for GUCK?

Mindhazingsquid

Erm, would a Warlock be okay, or a tiefling?  Uh, or both together?

Kakihara

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on September 09, 2006, 10:55:56 PM
Erm, would a Warlock be okay, or a tiefling?  Uh, or both together?

I don't know the Warlock class, what book is that from.  I'd like to look it over first but probably shouldn't be a problem, just need to see it.  Tiefling?  I love them, often play them when doing the PC thing but they wouldn't work for this venture.  I'd have to give that a no.  sorry, I do love them just don't think they'd fit well into this game.

indarkestknight

Do you have Tome of Battle? A warblade would be ideal for a gladiatorial style scenario...

Kakihara

The new Tome of Battle?  The book of nine swords?  Haven't gotten that one yet so havent' seen it yet.

Ok, a board has been set up so we can continue discussion for those interested in the game.  It's under the NC: Exotic Systems board.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=272.0

OCC and character creation info will be under the Child board.

Mindhazingsquid

Warlocks are in Complete Arcane.

I totally understand about Tieflings, but the same could be said about most of the PC races since most of them are are celtic/nordic in origin... well, I suppose romans did interact with the celts...

Kakihara

Well, I was meaning more on the planetouched idea not so much doesn't fit in with the roman cosmology.  There are other cultures in the world so not all is wrapped up in roman mythology.

Oh, and looking up the Warlock class, would be fine.  Though he'd most likely have to be a Heel in the League.

Lirliel

I'd be going for the straight forward Female Human Fighter though, so no bothers here.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Muse

Quote from: kakihara on September 09, 2006, 10:01:11 PM
I've actually used this one in the past and know it but it lacks a little refinement is my only issue, that and it looks like the people who were doing it abandoned it a few years ago. I would actually be using some of the things from it but was leaning towards the BoEF for the most part. 

Also, not big on some of their mechanic but it's worked in the past.  Anyone else have a preference for GUCK?

::Raises hand.:: 

Shortly after I stopped working on the 3rd edition Netbook of UCK on the Grey Archive someone moved it somewhere and it eventualy got posted in that format.  Too my way of thinking the finished product focuses too much on new mechanic and not enough on spells, magic items and plot tricks.  I favor the Book of Erotic Fantasy. 

The whole Wild Thing system from UCK isn't nessecary in the detail they spread it out too except for in a, "sexual combat," situation, and all that material more or less got nixed when it passed off of the Grey Archive. 

Oh, and the Tantrist, an awesome class in Book of Erotic Fantasy, Was Tanelin and my idea! 

That said, they made it work. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)