News:

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Dizzi, January 28, 2011, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klamity

Quote from: Shjade on February 04, 2011, 03:36:42 AM
My. Extravagant.

I've gotten bored with little projects. I remember the first project I really did was I raised an island out of the water and build a small city on it with 3 districts: Catherdral, Residential and Harbour.

Shjade

Is that project on a server or offline? I've only just started a server world myself. I wish there were more obvious tutorials on how the various commands work for out-of-game stuff, like how to fix bad chunks, change map generation variables for biome variety, restart the server world from scratch, etc. It's more tedious trying to find the information I want than it is to clear out a bare rock cave.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

klamity

I don't mess around with servers so I wouldn't be able to tell you much, sorry.

Yorubi

Well I did finally play it (found out my brother had an account and played it). I must say its interesting but I don't know how well I'd be off in terms of building stuff. Seems like a pain to get just what you want to use. I kind of worry about what its like playing online since people can be jerks and destroy your stuff.

Still its kinda cool. If I wasn't so poor and needing every dollar I earn, I'd probably go for it.

Dizzi

Hint: Spiders spawn in trees.  I've made that mistake before haha

Shjade

Quote from: Dizzi on February 04, 2011, 01:21:11 PM
Hint: Spiders spawn in trees.  I've made that mistake before haha
I'd wager any of the baddies can if it's too dark. I've seen zombies wandering around up in trees before, and saw a skeleton leap off the top of one (to his death off a cliff - silly skeleton).
◕/◕'s

Dizzi

I had a place that was well lit.  And then spiders spawned.  I was not happy.  (My current world has a spot where monsters spawn 24/7 :D  so I can go there, hang out in the sun and get some free stuff! :D

Craz

So, a bit of a necro, but there was an update today!

I want to go home and play now...

Shjade

Quote from: Craz on February 22, 2011, 12:54:43 PM
So, a bit of a necro, but there was an update today!

I want to go home and play now...
Yeah, good luck with that. I haven't been able to log in since trying to get it to update. Minecraft servers are gonna get SMASHED for a while, and it'll be longer until any mods you may have been using will work again, etc.
◕/◕'s

Drow Denizen

Whenever I see Minecraft I can't help but think of this strip

http://www.xkcd.com/598/

::)
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

klamity

Dat lighting.

That is all.

Shjade

Turns out they borked things up with this patch so the game won't run single-player at all for OS X pre-Snow Leopard.

Ffffff-
◕/◕'s

klamity

Quote from: Shjade on February 22, 2011, 08:25:20 PM
Turns out they borked things up with this patch so the game won't run single-player at all for OS X pre-Snow Leopard.

Ffffff-

>OS X pre-Snow Leopard
>OS X
>implying mac user
>obligatory 'mac's dont play games'

Shjade

Sorry, what? I couldn't hear you over my Colossi blasting the Zerg. ;p

But yeah. Apparently 10.6+ versions of the OS are still fine, but 10.5.8 and lower can't run single-player anymore. Multi works fine, though. It's weird. Of course, this patch also screwed up the Windows version, too; people just found ways to go around the problem on Windows, whatever it is.
◕/◕'s

klamity

Odd, I haven't encountered any problems. I can also confirm that bleeding obsidian does exist: I have yet to find it, but there texture IS THERE! Open up the minecraft.jar file with winrar or something and open the terrain.png file.

Nadir

That's a nice lighting update. Also, I was just mining towards the sound of water - and come face to face with this;

I choked on my tea. XD

Shjade

Wallsquid is watching you dig. @.@
◕/◕'s

klamity

Quote from: Eden on February 23, 2011, 12:57:51 AM
That's a nice lighting update. Also, I was just mining towards the sound of water - and come face to face with this;

I choked on my tea. XD

Oh my lord O_O

Who's in favour that Eden builds a monument to wall squid?

Shjade

I can't decide if it's disappointing or reassuring that the Minecraft community, despite having several talented modders and in-game builders in its population, seems to be made up mostly of jackasses and dumbs like every other online community.

I'm leaning toward "disappointing" at the moment.
◕/◕'s

Dizzi

For epicness.

in the seed, type:
Glacier

OR

10110101  turn 180 and walk straight

Shjade

Actually started a Glacier seed not long ago. Setting up camp on one of the smaller floating islands by swimming up the waterfall to get onto it. I'll bridge all of them together with glass eventually. Floating island wizard city! :D

However:
Quote from: Dizzi on February 24, 2011, 12:09:11 AM
10110101  turn 180 and walk straight
This is not so helpful since your spawn location is random. Press F3 and find the coordinates of the thing you want to point out rather than just saying "look this direction" since, well, I probably won't spawn where you did so I'll be seeing something completely different.
◕/◕'s

Dizzi

alright >_<  That's what I was told to do and it worked for me haha.

the co-ordinates are (Approx)

X: 42
Y:  73
Z: 127

you may have to change your render distance.  but you will DEFINATLEY see it.  VERY large.

Another, is 404 which, after some walking, you will find some gravel.  Dig at it an WOW

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=190157 <--- more info on 404

Shjade

Quote from: Dizzi on February 24, 2011, 01:21:04 AMAnother, is 404 which, after some walking, you will find some gravel.  Dig at it an WOW

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=190157 <--- more info on 404
*posted attempt results in that thread earlier!*
◕/◕'s

Dizzi

ooohhh!  Is your username the same?

I may post my attempts....

Nadir

... I've been trying to get to the Nethers, got some obsidian, made a gate (4x4 - I realise now that's the wrong size) and tried to spark it... lit myself on fire... *siiiigh*