News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Zeus popup alert.

Started by Blinkin, May 24, 2019, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

I'll admit up front that I'm virtually illerate when it comes to doing much more than the basics on this thing. However, both my wife's computer and mine got popups for the zeus virus tonight and while Malwarebytes and AVG both failed to find anything, I am concerned that there may be something on my computer or browser. The claims were beyond silly... if I closed this window, my ISP will forward charges to the appropriate authorities and charges will be filed... for what? and call this number to remove the virus over the phone and so on.

Is there something to worry about and if so, how do I find and remove the damned thing? I'm running Windows 7 and my wife is running Windows 10. I'm using IE 11 and she flips back and forth between Edge and Chrome. I'm not sure which browser got the popup, but... help?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Despairs

The Zeus pop up alert is a scam sir. Don't call any number that they give you. It's nothing to worry about. Have you tried using Microsoft's built in antivirus program? It's known as windows defender in windows 10. If you're still worried, you could do that as well as run AVG again on your computer. Here is a thread that I found about the alert. Are both computer's currently operational? If the pop-up occurs again, let me know via a post here or by private message.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Blinkin

Both computers are functioning normally after the hard shutdown and restart. My wife did get the popup twice, but after clearing the chase, hasn't had any other issues. we've done multiple scans with both malwarebytes and AVG with no returns for infections. Windows Defender is turned off and a couple of people have told me to leave it off with AVG active, so I haven't tried it. If two antiviris scanners come up clean, I'm apt to pay attention to them. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to do anything else.

On a sidenote that perhaps you could help with, Farmville won't run on chrome, firefox and barely functions in edge. We thought that it may be flshplayer, but as best a we can tell it's active in all 3 browsers. Any ideas why it won't load in two browsers and only runs extremely slowly/marginally on a third?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Despairs

Concerning your second problem, have you tried updating adobe flash player? Doing that might fix your problem. Here is the link to the latest version of flash player. The latest version number is 32.0.0.192.  If you are playing it on FB(Facebook) I suggest you disable  any add-ons you have in your browser and see if it fixes the problem.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.