News:

Main Menu

Horns

Started by Anteros Vox, October 06, 2014, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anteros Vox

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So I just saw this movie this weekend I thought it was great I was really surprised by the story thinking it was going to be lame but wow. I kept wondering who the hell did it not putting it past any of them. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I liked it. It had alot of fatansy elements with the horns and the sins around everyone I was laughing a lot as well as feeling like whoa this was a deep plot very cool and thought out. It was kinda weird in the end but hey what ever right. If you like harry potter well this is not anything close to that. He's a really good actor and I can see past the potter, I was still thinking Potter when I saw the Woman in Black but this one yeah I think I finally can see past his past work in Harry Potter. A good movie.

wander

Haven't seen it yet, though if it's like the book... I think it should be a pretty stand-up film. I'm going to be interested how they get round the revelations at the end of how our guy got his horns, but as you said it's a little confusing... It'd be a tough thing to explain on film anyway. I'm going to wait for more reviews as I'm likely to not be going to the cinema anytime soon, but I would like to see this... I'll likely be adding it to my 'to buy' list of DVDs.

Beorning

I might actually be interested in seeing this movie... or, at least, reading the book. Not too long ago, I read Joe Hill's Locke & Key and was positively amazed...

bubby

I can't wait to see it! I read the book, was totally giddy when I found out they were making a movie, and I'm pleased to know that it's being well received!!

Mathim

I just wish Harry didn't have to use that fake-ass American accent. It doesn't suit him. Not like Wolverine.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Anteros Vox

LOL Yeah I could tell it was fake it sounded really forced, but otherwise his acting was pretty good, I never saw him as a dark kind of character until this movie. Its not a happy ending type of story cause they tell you from the start she's dead, its more of a who done it meets evil deeds and confessions. I may have to go pick up this books, since books are much better about getting the story across. The actors were all good and who ever the girl is she's pretty sexy when they do the flash backs of her.

bubby

GET THE BOOKS. Seriously. It's been a very long time since I read a horror author I could get behind, and his books rawk.