News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Crypt of the Everflame (5E) - Interest Check

Started by Siereis, October 04, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siereis

You are a young villager within the rustic town of Kassen, a logging village set deep within the remote forest of Fangwood.  For as long as you can recall, village life has been quiet...and rather dull, with most folk going about their daily chores and paying little mind to rumors from the outside world.  Yet once every five years some small amount of excitement can be found during the autumn celebrations.  Whereas most villages might hold a festival with parties in celebration of the end of the summer harvest, the village of Kassen is different.  Instead, once every five years the autumn festival is used as a sort of 'coming of age' trial for the village's young ones, a way to welcome the youth into adulthood.  Every citizen of Kassen has gone through the trial since the town's founding and while few speak about any details they went through, every adult of the small woodland community holds a sense of pride in themselves upon reflection of their own quest.

Today is no different as another group of young ones assemble in the village square to undergo their own coming of age quest.  The bells atop the Temple of Erastil toll their midday song, echoing throughout the quiet town of Kassen. As the peals begin to fade, you see the first of the townsfolk make their way into the square, dressed in black, as if attending a funeral. They slowly fill the small town square just before the town's only inn, moving quietly across the cold, hard ground, their eyes downcast and mournful. After a few moments, a murmur passes through the crowd as it slowly parts to let Mayor Uptal through. He leads the way with a tarnished silver lantern, no flame within. Behind him, an old pony drags a cart laden with backpacks and supplies. Once he reaches the center of the crowd, Mayor Uptal stops and calls out to the assembled townsfolk. “Once again the winter winds blow through the Fangwood, marking the end of another harvest. There are wolves in the woods, howling at our walls, and serpents in our shadows, waiting to strike. Just as it was one hundred and seventy-five years ago, when Kassen himself left these walls to protect us, so it is today. Where are the heroes? Where are the brave young folk that will venture out to Kassen’s tomb and retrieve the flame to keep this community safe for another winter?  Come young ones, you are called to serve your village and prove you are worthy of being citizens of Kassen."

Hello all.  This is an interest check for a a game of DnD 5E.  As a DM in the 'real world' with a lack of time lately to commit to multi-hour long sessions, I'd like to try out running a game here, on Elliquiy.  This will be somewhat of a learning curve for me to run a game via forum, so I will be keeping it relatively simple in scope to start with.

What you can expect from me as a DM:
- DnD 5E game running from level 1 - 3 with potential to go further depending on how the first 'module' goes.
- Light sexual content.  There won't be any monsters looking to mate with adventurers, nor overly lewd content.  You can expect other themes such as potential wardrobe malfunctions, nude enemies, compromising situations for the young adventurers, and potentially sexualized outfits ...but the enemies will not be raping any of the player characters (unfortunately).  Romance or sexual content between characters is encouraged, but I'd request the act of sex itself be taken into a 1-on-1 post just so the RP itself is not slowed down too much.
- Daily posts.  Regardless of if all players post or not, I am looking to provide DM responses on a daily frequency so as to keep the pace going.
- The actual adventure will feature a healthy combination of exploration, combat and social interactions.
- Combat will be tactical - meaning I plan to provide a grid map for each encounter and players will choose where their characters go.  The grid will be updated per DM post.  This is something I've wanted to try out, but if I come to find it is too burdensome, we will devolve the combat to 'theater of the mind'.

What I would expect from players:

- Players are to interact with one another, not only the DM.  Obviously your first priority should be write your characters actions within the plot related to the plot...but at the same time, I'd prefer if players interact with one another and not only with the NPCs.
- Players should be able to post relatively frequently, ideally no less than twice a week, though daily is preferred.  Posts should be within the paragraph size (or more) for most situations, unless there is truly not a lot to describe (such as in combat).

If you are interested in playing, please provide the following:
- Basic character concept with picture, bio, and class choice.  All player characters should be young villagers (about the age of 18 - 22) and relatively green when it comes to adventuring (level 1 in other words).  No stats are needed at the moment.
- Due to size limitations, I'll only be able to run the game for 4 - 6 players.  Ideally I'd be looking to start the adventure next week.
- Ability scores will be 27 point buy as described in the 5E handbook.  Described here.
- Any official source material for character builds will be acceptable, including some Unearthed Arcana publications at DM review.

In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions or provide your interest.

Chulanowa

I'm going to take a wild guess that you're mainly looking for fairly "normal" races? Like just core book stuff? If not, I've got a goblin barbarian who needs a home, but uh, plenty of other ideas if that's a no-go  ;D

keyotess

I am most definitely interested in playing.  I can post most days, except for Fridays when I will be busy.

Character: I am thinking half elf.  Either a Druid or Ranger, depending on party need. Age: 20

Name: Langwen,  family lives in the forest outside of Kassen and come into Kassen for trading of herbs for other supplies.  Her father was a human from Kassen and she has extended family in Kassen.  Father, human: Stan of Kassen  Mother: female: Langdis.  Stan and Langdis met during Stan's coming of age ceremony.  Langdis is a "young" elf, she is older than the town in actually years and has stayed around Kassen to be with Stan.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

RedPhoenix

edit: Interest withdrawn.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

ZincStandard

Hmm, possibly interested.  A few questions: is this set in Golarion, or is Erastil just borrowed?  If the latter, how high-magic is the setting?  The idea I have is for a girl who grew up shunned because she was thought to be bad luck, who's recently been learning a bit about magic from a witch who lives nearby; the concept works if magic is rare and mistrusted, at least in rural parts like Kassen, but if there are other spellcasters about the village who are accepted, or people deal with magic frequently in non-hostile ways, it doesn't really fit.

Siereis

1.  I'm actually OK if people wanted to use odd races such as goblins.  They would still need to have the background of a villager and be welcome among the general population.  With that said, definitely no more than half of the party should be anything too exotic.

2.  The world setting is Golarian, so any lore you want to use from the Pathfinder setting would be welcome.  Same applies for magic.  Since the players all grew up in a remote village, magic is certainly not a super commonplace feature, but is common enough that most folk are comfortable with simple spells.  Some magics are shunned, so if your idea was to have your character learn magic from a witch and be sort of a black sheep in the village, we can make that work.

ZincStandard

Thanks, but I don't feel like my idea really works in that case, and anyway, I'm not a fan of Golarion.  Have a good game, everybody :-)

Brittlby

I’d be interested in submitting a character for this! Let me put something together.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Athem

I'd be interested in submitting a character.

A. A human or half-elf sorceress or wizard, the daughter of the local lord who's competing in the trials alongside the villagers. She's competent enough in her class, but has no experience of the practicalities or hardships of adventuring. Fond of impractical silk robes.

B. A human or elf barbarian, a tribal envoy who's competing as a gesture to improve relations. Inspiration for the human would be Invictus by Boris Vallejo; the elf would be a wild elf. In either case, oblivious to the reaction that her attire has on the locals.

C. Something else...

Ampere

I'm also interested in this:

Hannah O'Donohue Human Barbarian

Loves nature, animals, brawling, brawling with animals and rage!

Dislikes townies, too much talk, intellek... intillectu... intelic... people who think too much!

Hannah started hunting when she was old enough to hold a spear, joining her mother's tribe until they moved on to new hunting grounds. She spends the majority of her time away from the village and her father's civilised influence, either hunting or 'playing' with the local wildlife.

[Just noticed I might be treading on Achmed's toes with this one - so I'll withdraw the suggestion]
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

CeruleanSerenity

I'm interested, but I don't know much about Golarion... is it important for players to have any knowledge of the setting? If so, is there anywhere I could get a good overview of it?

I don't have many character ideas yet, but I'll think it over... one is to recycle a character I never quite got to use from a game with a similar small village start. She was an orphan tiefling rogue with a playful and flirtatious streak and a bit of a reputation as a troublemaker, who never quite fit in and didn't stay close to anyone for too long for fear of her true nature getting out.

But I'll see what else I can think up, too.

Siereis

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on October 04, 2018, 05:52:58 PM
I'm interested, but I don't know much about Golarion... is it important for players to have any knowledge of the setting? If so, is there anywhere I could get a good overview of it?
No prior knowledge is needed.  Since its sort of a coming of age story, the characters would not start off knowing much of the outside world anyway.  As we progress, I'll give the needed details as the characters explore the world outside their small home.

Siereis

So far the character concepts are looking great.  I'd like to get at least 2 of each gender in the game, and won't be making any decisions until probably Sunday or Monday.

Brittlby

I was actually going to go Goblin fighter but Chul already called it. Perhaps an Orc monk?

Oh! "Red-foot" Mazz Merrytongue - Halfling Moon Druid. Vintner family by trade, she tends to the grape from cradle to grave, vine to bottle! Also gives me an excuse to have a wee character that can eventually morph into an attack bear.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Siereis

Don't worry about adding too much detail, even to background at this point.  Really I just want to get a good feel for the interest level and what sort of classes and roles people are looking to play.  So far I like everyone's stuff...enough so that its already making me think of just including as many as I can.

We still need some males though.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Brittlby on October 04, 2018, 07:13:01 PM
I was actually going to go Goblin fighter but Chul already called it. Perhaps an Orc monk?

Oh! "Red-foot" Mazz Merrytongue - Halfling Moon Druid. Vintner family by trade, she tends to the grape from cradle to grave, vine to bottle! Also gives me an excuse to have a wee character that can eventually morph into an attack bear.

Smols are best!

I'll have time ot think over what i'm doing tomorrow! So many options, oi vey.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Valerus Merenda
Race/Class: Human Paladin 1
Concept: Valerus has wanted to be hero early childhood, his mother working in the sole tavern as barmaid and she slept with a knight who departed to grand crusade by name of Iomedae (albeit to most think/treat his mother as local harlot who sleeps with anyone with coin and story of knight is just lie Valerus). Valerus is not wise or smart, but he has heart right place and he has trained by himself entire life how to wield sword and armor (starting toy swords and kitchen wear as armor). Out sort desperation mother send him study to local smith and for time there was hope for him as he eagerly took his studies...but when his artisan work for graduation was self-made armor and sword, there was no way shift his focus on any serious job in the village and was still dead set to become a crusading knight!

Soon after followed the adulthood ceremony and it's mother's last hope get her son straight and settle down, instead running off and get himself killed for sake of story she weaved from one night stand with a mercenary, who did pay sleep with her but had nice huge dick as well and she did enjoy herself. Perhaps sake of that enjoyment she carried pregnancy through with faint hope mercenary had returned back to her (as he promised), but most likely had died on field of battle.

OOC GOAL: Play Int/Wis 8 paladin, overall try aim 'dumb but charming/handsome' hero idolizer approach.

Athem

Quote from: Achmed the Mad on October 04, 2018, 01:41:28 PM
I'd be interested in submitting a character.

A. A human or half-elf sorceress or wizard, the daughter of the local lord who's competing in the trials alongside the villagers. She's competent enough in her class, but has no experience of the practicalities or hardships of adventuring. Fond of impractical silk robes.
Expanding on that idea:
Name: Chammady Krupt
Race: Half-elf
Class: Sorceress (wild magic)
Background: Noble

Chammady is a Chelaxian and her birth was something of a scandal, since both her parents are apparently human. She's simply a throwback: both her parents had some elven ancestry. But that didn't stop the rumors flying.

Chammady wasn't exactly cloistered, but she was a bit over-protected as she grew up. That was, in part, because of her natural talent for wild magic: her parents didn't want anyone getting hurt. But Chammady grew annoyed at this, and when she came of age she demanded her right to take part in the trials.

Goal: Determined to prove she can stand on her own two feet, despite being woefully inexperienced at the practicalities of adventuring.

OOC goal: Have fun watching Chammady lurching between successes and embarrassing failures, and slowly learning.

Attributes:
STR 10    2
DEX 15+1  9
CON 12    4
INT 13+1  5
WIS  8    0
CHA 14+2  7

Vergil1989

Despite being a long time fan of the Forgotten Realms area of D&D, I know nothing about this world of Golarian.   :-[  Having said that, the reason why I'm joining this is that I have very little experience with D&D outside of watching Critical Role and a few scattered games back during 3.5.  Chul's group game is the most recent I've joined anywhere, but I'm always up for more.  :D

And hey Brit!  Fancy seeing you here.  :P

Name:  Valtyra
Race:  Aasimar (Fallen)  ((Yasha for the WIN!))
Class:  Bard  (eventually College of Lore.)  ((Scanlan Shorthalt for the WIN!)

Despite being found as a babe by a kindly family in the little village, and the fact she was unusually pale, Valtyra had a happy childhood all told.  One question always lingered in the back of her mind growing up even when she was entertaining the youngest of the village's children with her innate talent for music and song, who was she?  Where had she come from?  The one and only time she'd gotten so afraid that someone was going to end up dead when goblins attacked the village, Valtyra had sprouted skeletal wings, the lights had all gone out around her, and she had literally scared the would be attackers so badly that they had ran right back where they'd come from.  Everyone else had been cautious at first, but once it was clear she was alright, and she was still in her right mind, she was celebrated as a local hero.  Attention she didn't wish, but she's done her best to push past, especially since her time to see the world is fast approaching.

Goal:  To figure out where she came from, and why her wings are skeletal as they are.  (Thus she plans to become a traveling bard, learning everything she can to unravel the mystery of just who, or what, she is and why she was left behind.)

OOC goal:  Learn to play D&D and just have fun.  Also ale.  :P  But no, just having a good time with fellow D&D nerds/friends/etc is good enough.  :D

EDIT:  What do I need to know about Golarian though?  I can start reading the wiki, but I just thought I'd ask and see what you guys said before I got lost in there.  Also, I hope my overall concept is okay, but if I need to edit anything, or cut it down at all, just let me know.

And how are we doing character sheets?  I don't mean for just our characters, I mean the actual character stats and such?

Anyway, just wanted to ask while I was thinking about it.  Take care and here's hoping this goes well.  :D

https://youtu.be/N6UTl7CcCLw
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

keyotess

@Vergil1989:  Woohhoo another fan of Critical Role!  And Yasha for the win!  I hope we get to see more of her soon!
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Vergil1989

Lol but of course.  Critical Role is awesome, no question.  I can't watch the live shows unfortunately with this computer or my connection or something, but thankfully Youtube and the like works just fine.  :D  So instead of it 'Is it Thursday yet?', it's always 'Is it Monday yet?' for me.  That aside, thanks for the welcome Key.

RiseUndaunted or whatever their name is has two other fan pieces for both Fjord and Caleb, all of which were pretty amazing.  There's a LOT of good stuff out there for both Campaigns though, but anyway, my actual question involves what I should be looking up to understand this new world we're playing in.  Gods, common races, history, anything of particular note I should be aware of now?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Chulanowa

I'll be going for the critical role (hah hah haaaaaah I'm so funny) of Sorcerer / Warlock / Wizard. Just gotta find an image i like  :-\

Vergil1989

What race are you going for Chul?  And male or female?  I might be able to send a few pics your way if you'd like.  :D

Snake

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 06, 2018, 09:08:32 PM
What race are you going for Chul?  And male or female?  I might be able to send a few pics your way if you'd like.  :D

That's a very good question!

Siereis

Quote from: Snake on October 06, 2018, 09:36:06 PM
Is there still room to join?
Yep - still looking for players.  I'll pick the six players/characters that I think will fit best (at least 6).

Snake

I have a base idea. A half-elf shadow sorcerer with a criminal or charlatan background.

Vergil1989

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 06, 2018, 09:41:18 PM
That's a very good question!

Well that's a lot of help.  :P

Joking aside, thanks for putting this together at all Siereis.  :D

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 06, 2018, 10:13:33 PM
Well that's a lot of help.  :P

Joking aside, thanks for putting this together at all Siereis.  :D

It's the hell I endure  ;D

I'm kinda leaning male with the current cast; race is trickier. The big thing is I'm looking for the "young adventurer from a podunk town in the woods" vibe, and not "Max level JRPG badass"

Vergil1989

Can't go wrong with tiefling, just saying.  ;D

Even if it's something as simple as a family of wine makers that might've had someone in their line way back make a deal with a demon, thus explaining the tainted blood in your guy, it'd be easy to explain why there's a friendly neighborhood tiefling around.  :P

But seriously, hmm, every race has its advantages as most of us know, but from a roleplay standpoint it's so much more awesome, or at least it can be.  Really what would you find the most enjoyable to play?  If you're going with a spell caster type, maybe something dragonblooded?  I've seen too many dragonborn characters, but with the recent reveal of Calianna was it?, I'd love it if something like her popped up.  Shit, I should've thought of that sooner....

Chulanowa

Changed mind.

Firbolg Druid. Or maaaaybe Fey Pact Warlock / weirdo sorcerer. All that nature-y, magic-y stuff going on, y'know?

basic outline: His tribe lives in the deep forest, but maintains peaceful if not exactly cordial relations with Kassen; in order to maybe bring the two communities closer together, this character (have yet to get name / image down) has been offered up to participate in the town's celebration and ritual.

...could also go goblin barmaid, in a pinch, I guess.

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

CeruleanSerenity

After thinking on it, my current concept is a tiefling bard who had traveled from town to town since she was young, until finally settling down in Kassen - the first place that really accepted her. She's used to being shunned due to her heritage, so she developed a habit of showing off and trying to draw attention to herself; she likes to play the hero, even if she's not much of one yet, and has a small but growing urge to head back into the world and seek out adventure.

If that would be all right, I'll just need to find a picture and write up a proper bio for her... otherwise, I can adjust her to fit.

Vergil1989

I might change my concept and stuff to something more dragonblooded related if you're doing a bard since my first idea was to do a Fallen Aasimar bard just trying to figure out who and what she was.  :D  I'll give it some thought and see if I can't find a picture today to maybe draw inspiration from, but I might go Sorcerer or something, don't know yet, and again it depends if you plan to stick with Bard there Cerulean.  If you do it's cool, was batting around ideas for something different regardless.

CeruleanSerenity

Bard is my top choice at the moment, but I don't mind if you play one too. It seems like one of the most flexible classes, so even if we're both accepted, we could end up with very different characters.

If our GM wants me to play someone who was born and raised in the village, though, I might switch classes... I could go with my old rogue idea, or there are a couple of more martial ideas I could pull up.

Brittlby

O/O

Vergil1989

Myself and Cerulean want to play a bard, but I'm willing to jump to a tiefling sorceress with a draconic bloodline if she wants to play a bard.  I DO like my bard gal I drew up, but I can likely come up with another idea easily enough.  Hope that clears things up for ya Brit.

Brittlby

I only ask because your Tiefling makes 3 sorcerers.

O/O

Vergil1989

Oh....yeah nevermind, no sorcerer for me then lol.  Thanks for catching that for me Brit.

keyotess

I am either going Druid or Ranger, depending on which is needed more.  Although it is looking like Ranger, since we only have one fighter class in the group so far. :)

@Siereis:  How do you feel about the Revised Ranger over the book Ranger.  I prefer the Revised Ranger because the 1st level features aren't so specific that the wrong choice just invalidates your choice.
ie: I am a forest ranger, but the first couple of adventures are underground! :)

Siereis

Quote from: keyotess on October 07, 2018, 07:00:23 PM
@Siereis:  How do you feel about the Revised Ranger over the book Ranger.  I prefer the Revised Ranger because the 1st level features aren't so specific that the wrong choice just invalidates your choice.
ie: I am a forest ranger, but the first couple of adventures are underground! :)

Actually, I'd prefer you to use the Unearthed Arcana ranger anyway.  The default released ranger was always sorta underwhelming and whenever I've played in 'real world', my group always uses the UA version.

Vergil1989

I had an old cleric character I might actually try to put together for this that would work well since we 1: only have one dedicated fighter that I could see, and 2: we don't have a lot of healing at the moment, at least again none that I saw.  That way Cerulean can play her Bard, and we have a role filled we actually need filled if no one else wants to play a cleric.  :D  The only problem is that my 3.5e cleric had some other stuff added into her beyond the usual healing spells, i.e., I got my hands on The Book of Erotic Fantasy when it was new and I was a BIG Firefly fan.  I still am, but my point being that my cleric gal was meant to be a mystical version of a Companion, essentially, taking her cues from Inara Serra lol.  Well, her personality and such was loosely based on that empathy and compassion for people in general that Inara presented, but my problem is that I'm not sure what Sieress would think about having anything related to the Book of Erotic Fantasy thrown into this.

I CAN just have my cleric's Sacred Prostitute related stuff simply be more for flavor than any mechanical related stuff, that way we stick to much more normal cleric related powers and such, but the only other problem is simply trying to think of how to best introduce her to this group since she normally has a friend with her.  A ranger gal I created around the same time, years ago now, but my mild obsession with 'ahem', Drizzt Do'Urden related stories from R.A. Salvatore was normally paired with my cleric as more a friend and protector than an actual lover, although I had considered it a few times lol.  That and my cleric was typically a higher level than usual, due to them both being fairly experienced, which makes me wonder if having her have severe amnesia wouldn't be a bad idea?

That actually might work, have my cleric kinda stumble into the village, bereft of her memories, save for a battered, burnt journal or something, detailing, at least in part, some of her life before waking up in a strange village some months ago.  That way she's back at level 1, and she has to figure out who and what she is now by accompanying the rest of the villagers to this crypt.  What do you think Sieress?  Would it be cool if I used my cleric, even if she's just using the SP stuff as more flavor and such for roleplay interactions?

Brittlby

I’m afraid I’m out too. Thank you for consideration.

O/O

keyotess

Quote from: Siereis on October 07, 2018, 07:45:57 PM
Actually, I'd prefer you to use the Unearthed Arcana ranger anyway.  The default released ranger was always sorta underwhelming and whenever I've played in 'real world', my group always uses the UA version.

Awesome, I agree completely about the Ranger. :)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Brittlby on October 07, 2018, 11:18:57 PM
I’m afraid I’m out too. Thank you for consideration.

oh, shoot Brittlby, I had completely forgotten you were going to go Druid! If you're set on that, I can totally swap off, no problem at all  :-) I have like, a billion character ideas, so really, if you want the druid, by all means!

Brittlby

O/O

Jezabelle

Vehk

Class: Fighter, Two Weapon Fighting Style
Bio:
Vehk has always been a bit of an airhead, following his heart rather than listening to reason.  Enamored with blades and fire from a young age he was considered a serial troublemaker.  He honed his skill with blades through play, then practice, then dedication.  Operating off the Vehkian logic that two is always better than one he practiced using two blades at once.  Loyal to his friends, as quick to forgive as he is to anger, and generally off-the-wall Vehk looks forward to the ceremony with some trepidation.  Will this set him free?  Or make him more like everyone else?

Str: 10
Dex: 16 (Var Human'd)
Con: 16 (Var Human'd)
Int: 8
Wis: 8
Cha: 14

If Vergil would prefer not to go Cleric, I'm happy to fill the role.  I'm big into being healers!

Aldon

Aldon
Bio:  A sickly boy, from a young age Aldo was interested in healing and religion.  Fascinated by the forces of life and death he sought answers and solace in religion, becoming an apt pupil in the ways of the Cleric.  He hopes to continue his studies beyond the village, and yearns to learn the greatest healing powers possible.
Class: Cleric

CeruleanSerenity

How long do we have to submit our characters? I'm struggling to find appropriate art for the one I had in mind, so I might go with an easier concept if I need to...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I still stick on my concept :). Also still willing and not backing off.

Concept
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 05, 2018, 05:03:15 AM
Name: Valerus Merenda
Race/Class: Human Paladin 1
Concept: Valerus has wanted to be hero early childhood, his mother working in the sole tavern as barmaid and she slept with a knight who departed to grand crusade by name of Iomedae (albeit to most think/treat his mother as local harlot who sleeps with anyone with coin and story of knight is just lie Valerus). Valerus is not wise or smart, but he has heart right place and he has trained by himself entire life how to wield sword and armor (starting toy swords and kitchen wear as armor). Out sort desperation mother send him study to local smith and for time there was hope for him as he eagerly took his studies...but when his artisan work for graduation was self-made armor and sword, there was no way shift his focus on any serious job in the village and was still dead set to become a crusading knight!

Soon after followed the adulthood ceremony and it's mother's last hope get her son straight and settle down, instead running off and get himself killed for sake of story she weaved from one night stand with a mercenary, who did pay sleep with her but had nice huge dick as well and she did enjoy herself. Perhaps sake of that enjoyment she carried pregnancy through with faint hope mercenary had returned back to her (as he promised), but most likely had died on field of battle.

OOC GOAL: Play Int/Wis 8 paladin, overall try aim 'dumb but charming/handsome' hero idolizer approach.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on October 09, 2018, 02:37:01 AM
How long do we have to submit our characters? I'm struggling to find appropriate art for the one I had in mind, so I might go with an easier concept if I need to...

Tiefling Bards

Rolled a 1 on Performance

So it's looking like...

Zaer - Male Human Paladin
Jezabelle - Male human Fighter / Male human cleric
Keyotess - Female Half-Elf Ranger
Achmed - Female Half-Elf Sorcerer
Ampere - Female Human barbarian (?)
Cerulean - Female Tiefling bard (?)
Vergil - ...???
Chulanowa - LULIDUNNO

Vergil1989

Name:  Neria
Race:  Wood elf
Class:  Cleric  Life Domain  (Corellon Larathain and Sune)

No one really knows where Neria came from, only that she was found on the edge of the village after a thunderstorm.  On the edge of death, her full suit of beautiful elven chainmail rent and shredded by the claws of some powerful beast, she was healed, but her memory was completely lost.  The only clues as to her identity was the fact she had a journal, badly burnt and nearly illegible from the rain that night, that had her name written in its front page, but no last name could be read even through magical aid.  A lot of what was inside of its pages was also lost, but she knows she wasn't alone.  She had a friend, someone by the name of Giselle, but she hasn't been able to look for her since the village elders, understanding that she was a trained warrior at some point as well as a naturally gifted healer, asked her to stay to protect their homes and to heal their wounded.  A task that she agreed to without a second thought, both because she felt indebted to those that have taken care of her for so long since waking up on the edge of town, but mostly because she felt naturally inclined to offer her assistance in exchange for only small donations to keep her in food and some small comfort.  Whatever her life before, despite having an increasingly deep need to figure out who she once was, Neria is, for now, content to remain in the village that has taken her in.

Goal:  To figure out where she came from, who she was, and why she lost her memory.

OOC goal:  Learn to play D&D and just have fun.  Also ale.  :P  But no, just having a good time with fellow D&D nerds/friends/etc is good enough.  :D

Snake

My interest is still here! I've just been having a heck of a time getting online and doing a proper profile from my phone is a bitch. But Im working on a human male warlock or male human rogue.

Chulanowa

I'll figure out a female rogue or wizard/warlock, then. Split the difference with Snake  ;D

Sieries, Maybe this could be a two parallel groups thing?

Snake

I don't have a pic atm but I'll get one when I'm not on phone.

Name: Therion Hanali
Race: Half-elf male
Class: Sorcerer

Bio: Therion doesnt remember much of his early childhood. Just floating in a vat of magically infused liquid, periodically seeing an elderly human male in the robes of a wizard or Sage. His memories start when he woke up in a side alley of Kassen, hungry and alone, wearing ragged set of robes. He spent most of his life scrounging for food on the edges of Kassen until he was singled out and tormented by older kids from "loving" families. Things for worse when he was 13, during a brawl over a few coins spilled out into the street, Therion erupted into Intense he flames as he hurled a bolt of fire at his escaping opponent. His skin burning away painlessly to show bright scarlet dragon scales on his body. Shouts of "monster!" and thrown rocks ensured his status as an outcast for years.

With the call to explore the Everflame, he'd take it up to prove that he's not just some monster hurting flame at everyone. He's a citizen too!

Chulanowa

I'm actually going to go ahead and opt out. i just can't pull togehter something i'm liking. Have fun guys!

Snake

Awe. Bummer Chul!  Hope you find something fun!

Vergil1989

I doubt this is gonna be a thing anyway at this rate, so I'm gonna go ahead and pull my interest as well I'm sorry to say.   :-(