Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

"Your missing the point. It's not that this place is heaven, its just the location that inspires the idea of it," the Doctor replied whilst bending down and picking up a stone that lay at his feet. He moved it between his fingers before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a very large magnifying glass that seemed far too big to fit in his coat pocket. "If this place is the same place from the old stories, then inside it will be a heroes reward. Secrets, treasures, peace, perhaps even eternal life. The list of possibilities is endless."

The Doctor smiled as he turned the rock in his hand and gazed at it through the thick glass lens, "Amazing, even the rock is made from super dense Silverite, one of the most expensive rocks in the galaxy. Even the ground is legendary. This really could be the place... the realm that the Norse revered as Valhalla."

He blinked and looked up from the rock as Robin's words finally sunk in and turned towards her, "Wait Robin, hold on a second, what did you say about the beeping getting loud- WAIT, ROBIN!" The Doctor yelled and dropped the tools as he watched Robin sail through the air and land in a heap.

"You crazy girl! You could have been killed!" The Doctor yelled as he swooped to her side and checked her over, letting out a sigh of relief when he realised that she hadn't been seriously hurt. "Interesting...non-lethal security system. That's a big change from the death ray the Dalek's encountered," he said before helping her to her feet, all whilst staring at the flames with interest.

"I wonder..." he whispered before marching towards the flames and extending his hands. They pressed against the fires and for a moment the Doctor flinched as the flames consumed him, curling around his body and sweeping through his clothes.

He felt no pain, but he was glad when the fires died down and vanished into the ground before the doors ahead of them slowly opened with a loud creak.

fireandblood

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she said, wincing as the Doctor helped her up. Luckily, nothing was hurt more than her pride. "I'm insane. I wish you would have stopped me a little sooner. What use are you?" She ran her hands over her body, making sure she had no embarrassing rips or tears in her clothes. Everything seemed fine, and she smiled when she looked down and saw she was still barefoot.

"Maybe there will be some shoes in there for the weary adventurer," she said, before shouting as the Doctor walked toward the flames. "Are you crazy? You saw what-" she was cut off, however, as the flames harmlessly licked over him, before vanishing. The huge doors began to open slowly, creaking. Robin's mouth dropped open.

"Of course," she said, flinging her hands in the air. "The Doctor is the only one who can get through the super-advanced security system. Why didn't I know?"

Villain

"Don't be like that. I had no idea if that would work or not. It was just a hunch," the Doctor said with curiosity as he examined his body, as if checking if any part of his body had been set ablaze. "If anything you should be glad that it only worked for me. Chances are it's a terrible thing that it did and it's going to bite me in the neck later on."

The sudden scent of peppermint and crispy cool air made the Doctor look up and face the open doorway with interest. His mouth hung open a little at the sight that the iron doors had revealed. In the doorway was a great open area with immaculately clean white walls and markings of pure gold lining every single one of them. In the centre of the area was a large replica of a golden mountain, complete with a running lake of crystal water and lush green trees. The air shimmered slightly with an array of colors, almost as if the air itself were a prism of refracted light.

But what made the Doctor stare was not this scene of luscious beauty, but the company that it kept.

Moving towards them at a calm and steady pace, was an ancient looking man with long grey hair and a bushy beard, dressed in the garbs of a Scottish warrior with a sword laying across his lap. He was seated in a wheel chair, which was being pushed along by a white humanoid robot with a spherical head and large plushy hands.

"That's impossible..." the Doctor breathed as he took a step towards the old man being wheeled towards him. "You're dead. You died," he whispered before reaching out slowly.

The man in the wheelchair didn't move or make any sign of registering the Doctor. His eyes were milky and expression vacant, it seemed that he was far too old to understand what was going on around him, but the Doctor didn't let that stop him from walking over to him and kneeling in front of him before taking his hands.

"Jamie..." the Doctor whispered, trying to keep his voice level. He had a torn look on his face, as if he were unsure of whether to be happy or sad to see the person in front of him. "Jamie McCrimmon. I can't believe it."

fireandblood

"Well, next time we encounter a random wall of swirling flame, I'll make sure to let you touch it first," Robin mumbled before being struck silent by the view afforded when the doors opened. It was magnificent - a huge, golden mountain, teeming with plant life so immaculate it seemed impossible. The air was a shimmering spectacle of light, making it so that any way you turned your head, a different view awaited you. Brooks and streams murmured to each other as they ran. Gold lined the the spectacular white walls.

As the Doctor spoke, her gaze was drawn toward the immensely old Scot and the strange robot who guided him. The man looked like an old-fashioned Scottish warrior, with sword and all. The robot seemed far more interesting to Robin. It was white, with its head a spherical shape and its body fashioned after that of a human. Its hands seemed to be made of a different material, but  Robin was distracted again as the Doctor spoke to the man in the wheelchair.

Memories surfaced in her mind again... Memories of a courteous younger man dressed in the same sort of attire. So this must have been another one of the Doctor's former companions... Robin walked forward and knelt beside the Doctor, looking up at Jamie.

"What is he doing here?" she whispered.

Villain

"I have no idea, Jamie died a long time ago when he destroyed the Worldshaper and saved the universe from the Vord who were-" The Doctor stopped when he realised that he was rambling and none of this would make sense to Robin. He gave her a weak smile and shook his head with a low chuckle. "He saved the universe and died a hero," the Doctor spoke before looking at Jamie and smiling. "What are you doing here Jamie? Don't take this the wrong way, but why aren't you dead?"

The Robot behind Jamie lifted one of it's over sized hands and placed it on Jamie's shoulder. It spoke to the Doctor with a friendly musical voice, "Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Come on Doctor, you know that nothing can kill a McCrimmon."

The Doctor threw back his head and howled with laughter before leaning forward and carefully wrapping his arms around the old man. "Oh my word, Jamie McCrimmon, I don't care that you look like a boiled prune, it is so good to see you!" The Doctor exclaimed, his eyes watering a little as he embraced the old Scott.

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'We have a lot to chat about Doctor. Follow me, we'll talk about it all over a print. Bring your lass too!" The robot spoke, trying it's best to imitate Jamie's thick accent. It turned Jamie towards the entrance to the base again and pushed him forwards gently.

The Doctor grinned at Robin, wiping his cheeks of the tears of joy that had fell.

"Sorry, the last time I saw him..." His voice trailed off and he swallowed a hard lump that formed in his throat. "I've lost so many good people. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to know that one of them managed to survive."

fireandblood

Robin smiled sadly at the Doctor's story of the man in front of them. It seemed that everyone he met was willing to risk their lives for him, on the hope that what they were doing would save the universe. Then Robin found herself wondering exactly how many times the universe had been in danger... Shaking her head, she laughed along as the robot gave Jamie's answer.

"I am not his lass," Robin said stubbornly, not looking at the Doctor. But something in his voice made her turn to him, and she saw with a shock that he was crying. Her heart went out to him; she wondered how many people he had watched die in his long, long life. Silently, she took his hand and smiled.

"Shall we?" she asked, gesturing after Jamie and the robot.

Villain

"Just try and stop me," the Doctor replied before looping his arm in Robin's and walking her into the base after Jamie.

The doors closed behind them with a clang and at once soothing music began to fill the air. Jamie's robot companion raised one of its arms in the direction of a wall and let out a series of beeps as the wall slid away to reveal another gold an white room, even more vast than the previous one and filled to the brim with treasures.

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'You should really try some of the grub they serve here, Doctor. Almost every statue in this place is edible," Jamie's robot said cheerfully whilst wheeling him past a set of sculptures of famous land marks on Earth. The Doctor looked at a metre high replica of Big Ben with curiosity, before pulling off one of it's clock handles and popping it into his mouth.

"Wow...a chocolate replica of Big Ben. Very mad sciencey, but not exactly the type of thing you would expect in heaven," the Doctor said before looking at Jamie. "Where are we Jamie? What is this place?"

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Just look out the window Doctor, you'll get it the moment you see it."

The Doctor turned to look out the long glass window that stared out into a vast indoor forest with a built in clearing that was littered with picnic tables and barbeque equipment. Standing in the clearing were two beefy men, accompanied by the same robot companion as Jamie. They too were old, but perhaps not as withered as him, and were dressed in warrior garments. One was a British soldier in a green military uniform, while the other appeared to be an American. In their hands they held swords and shields which they used to bash and slash at each other with savage ferocity.

"Hold up...are those members of UNIT?" The Doctor asked with disbelief.

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Correct, Corporal Higgins and Lieutenant Myers. They both helped to defend the Earth from an invading force of mind controlling spores and track down their source. They saved six billion lives, but that wasn't the only tale of their heroics. They've got a list of achievements that could rival you or me."

"I heard of them. Never got the pleasure of meeting them. They vanished mysteriously in two thousand and-" the Doctor paused before turning to look at Jamie and then turning back to the old men, fighting away with big smiles on their wizened faces. "Wait...I think I'm starting to get this."

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Told you so'"

"You died, yet here you are. There are heroes fighting in this place that seems to be built to cater to their every whim, even if the whim is something silly like chocolate clock towers," the Doctor turned on the spot and began to pace back and fourth, building momentum as he pieced it all together. "The Dalek's are gathering warriors who are viewed as heroes. They abduct an old injured warrior in the hopes that he'll be able to get into here, because he's the type of person this place is built for. Old warriors."

The Doctor let out a chuckle before turning to Robin. "Do you get it Robin? This isn't Valhalla or Heaven or Elysium," he said before smirking. "It's a retirement home."

fireandblood

Robin was again shocked into silence as they walked into the second room. It was grand and beautiful and idyllic, with music softly playing in the background and tiny little birds chirping musically over their heads. Things were heaped in piles around the place: gold and silver pieces, chalices, statues, beautiful things only conjured up in the greatest of imaginations.

When she heard Jamie (well, the robot) say that the statues were edible, she broke off a piece of the Eiffel Tower to her right and placed it on her tongue. It was a rich, dark chocolate, better than anything you could find on Earth. Part of her wished she could stay here forever... But she knew this particular journey would be over faster than she hoped.

As they looked outside, she was astonished to see that there were two old men going at each other with swords. They seemed far too aged to be as agile as they were, but they looked like great warriors. Then, the Doctor pulled away from her and began pacing, his pace growing quicker with each loop. He seemed to be piecing something together in his mind... Something that obviously was escaping Robin.

Then, he made his revelation. Robin's mouth slowly split in a wide grin, and she started to giggle like a little girl.

"So, does that mean," she said, unable to stifle her laughter, "That this place knows you're secretly an old crotchety man, and you need to hurry up and get it over with already?"

Villain

"Oi, don't be cheeky! I'll have you know that one thousand and ninety is the new seven hundred and five," the Doctor pouted, waggling his finger at Robin for a moment before looking around the room once more. "But...that does make a little sense. That must be why I was able to open the door. We've both done heroic things but you're much much much much much much much much younger than me. This is a senior citizen only location."

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'This castle was built by some unknown beings from the future for one reason; 'To give old warriors a heroes fair well.' The... how do they say it? The, Telepathic Matrix is used to reach out to heroes from all over the galaxy and bring them to this place. You see, the Gaia Tree that grows here only sprouts an acorn once every thousand years, but the technology that this castle provides allows us to speed up the process by gradually draining our life force."

"What?" The Doctor exclaimed, looking at Jamie with horror. "Jamie, that's barbaric!"

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Not at all Doctor. In a way its a mercy. The warriors they bring here are always on the verge of death. While its drain our life force not only do we feel not feel any pain, but our life span is increased by just a little due to the technology that sustains us." Jamie was turned to face the Doctor as he explained. His expression remained the same, but his resolve could be heard in the translation. "When I was brought here, I had aged too much and was pretty much on the brink of death, I thought that I had nothing left to savor, but then I was given this chance to help a dead planet rebuild itself. Not a bad way to die if you ask me."

"You're a good man Jamie McCrimmon," the Doctor spoke. "Impossible and still as thick headed as you were back when you traveled with me, but you're a good man." An impish grin spread over his face before he knealt down in front of him again. "I met you're descendant a while ago. Right before I regenerated for the tenth time. Heather McCrimmon. She came with me on a few adventures, just as incredible as her ancestor."

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'No way? My whee ones are still fighting the good fight? Doctor, we have to celebrate!"

"And we will Jamie, but we have to deal with this problem first," the Doctor said before standing up and walking over to the other side of the room, where a television screen lay dangling between two pieces of artwork. The Doctor pulled out his screwdriver and began to fiddle with the screen, which flickered and buzzed before forming a picture.

"You will open the gate!" The harsh voice of a Dalek barked. On the screen was the scene of a long line of viking warriors, standing before a great door, similar to the one that the Doctor and Robin had encountered earlier. Six Daleks stood next to them, guns pointing at each of them

"I can't! If it didn't open for Dustin then it won't open for me!" The young warrior at the front of the lie protested before yelping as one of the Dalek's shot at his feet.

"You will open the GATE! You will OBEY!"

"Please...it's not going to work!" The man cried helplessly.

"If you refuse you will be EXTERMINATED!"

The young warrior sniffled before slowly edging forwards and pressing his hands into the flames. Just like Robin, he flew back and crashed into the line of warriors, knocking them over like dominos.

"You have FAILED!" One of the Dalek's growled, turning its eyestalk to gaze at the fallen warrior. "EXTERMINATE him!"

"Wait! Hold on!" The warrior yelled before the screen filled with light as all six Dalek's fired their weapons. Multiple screams echoed from the television as the beams struck not only the young warrior, but any unfortunate to be caught in the crossfire.

fireandblood

"Well, at least you recognize the fact that a facility inside a giant tree knows you for what you really are: a senior citizen," Robin said, sticking out her tongue at the Doctor. But his words stuck with her. One thousand and ninety... Could he really be that old? She looked at him again, wondering at how he was even possible. Shaking her head, she started to walk around the large room, still able to hear the conversation between Jamie and the Doctor.

She looked at the treasures lining the room. About halfway along the right wall, she stooped and picked up a beautifully simple silver tiara. It was small and dainty, but amazingly intricate. Thin lines of silver wove in and out of each other, making an almost vine-like appearance. Small diamonds studded the lines, appearing at about half-inch intervals. Running a finger along its side, Robin smiled. Someone very special must have worn that crown. Setting it down gently, she moved on.

A painting caught her eye next. It was beautifully done, and looked like a Van Gogh... But not any she had seen before. It was a portrait of sunflowers, resplendent in a vase, and on the left side of the vase were the words "For Amy, Vincent." She wondered who Amy was before moving on to a miniature of the Statue of Liberty. Smiling, she broke off a piece and ate it. It was cinnamon, and quite delicious.

Then, she noticed the Doctor fiddling with a TV, and walked back over to join him. She gasped as the Daleks and warriors appeared on the screen. And when they began to kill, she cried out in sadness and clutched the Doctor's arm.

"We have to stop them," she said. "What do we do?"

Villain

"We figure out what they could possibly want from a retirement home," the Doctor aid before glancing about the room. "Although the technology available here could possibly be incredibly advanced, I can hardly see what the point would be in stealing care giving robots and devices that make edible sculptures and golden furniture."

The Doctor switched off the screen and turned back to face Jamie, "What else is here Jamie? What do the Dalek's want?"

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Perhaps they want to destroy the Gaia tree and the heroes that feed it. Without us the Gaia Tree wouldn't be able to produce half as many acorns and that would leave many world barren and lifeless,'" Jamie offered in the robots polite and chirpy voice.

"That's an idea, but sounds something that the Daleks would do to kill time. They wouldn't try this hard to get into this place unless there was something worthwhile inside," the Doctor said whilst scratching his chin. He looked hard at Jamie before walking towards him and perching on a sculpture of the White House, his arms crossed over his chest. "What aren't you telling me Jamie?"

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Didn't think you would believe that, you best follow me Doctor'" the robot spoke before steering Jamie towards a set of circular double doors which opened for them as they approached. Behind the doors lay a mirrored room, similar to the compartment of an elevator, with a clean white carpet and golden buttons.

"Come along Robin. It sounds like we're going to be surprised again," the Doctor said before taking Robin's hand and leading her over to the elevator, snatching up a cake in the shape of the empire state building as they walked and taking a bite out of it. "Mmmm, double layer fudge cake. You have to admit, for a retirement home, this place is pretty swell."

He watched Robin whilst taking another big bite out of the cake. "How's the beeping?" he asked, his mouth stuffed with the delight. The elevator doors closed and the whole compartment began to slowly make its way down. "I had a theory that your strange little brain was picking up relay from the Time Distortions. How does it sound now that we're further away from the Daleks?"

fireandblood

Robin listened as Jamie and the Doctor conversed. She wondered what all they had been through together; if the Doctor had really seen him die, this must have been a great shock for him. As he took her arm, Robin smiled gently. She grabbed a piece of the cake and popped it into her mouth, closing her eyes at the wonderful taste.

"Yeah, now you know where to come if you decide to turn in your sonic screwdriver," she teased, elbowing him softly in his side. At his mention of the beeping, she listened for a moment. It was fainter - not nearly as frantic as earlier, that was for sure - but it was still there, pounding a rhythm into her head. Not wanting the Doctor to worry, though, she told a small lie.

"I think you're right," she said, smiling at him. "It's gone now. Thank goodness... It was really starting to get old."

Villain

"Missy, if you don't stop teasing me I'm going to dump you on one of the most boring planets in the universe when this is all over," the Doctor warned her before smirking. "It's called Nazelha and it's full of emotionless creatures that do nothing but spend every moment of every day playing dominoes. I'll strand you there for a week."

He winked at her and began humming along to the elevator music (which sounded an awful lot like Flight of the Valkyries) while they descended lower and lower.

Eventually, the doors opened to reveal a huge dark space, the size of three basketball courts. The walls and floor were all made from wood and the smell of oak was fresh and pungent in the air. In the centre of the wooden room lay a huge black machine that resembled a giant beaker with cables running out of it into the wood.

"Oh, now that's interesting..." the Doctor said before walking up to the machine and circling it, eying each part with curiosity. "This must be the life feeder, the machine that stores all the life force that the occupants of Valhalla give."

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'This is the heart of the beast Doctor. If the Dalek's get a hold of it then they'll probably be able to turn this into some sort of weapon," Jamie spoke through the robot as he was pushed into the giant room. "You still haven't told me about the Dalek's Doctor. Why are they so blue?"

"They were spawned from a new Dalek Paradigm. I had them on the ropes long ago, but then some events were set in motion that allowed them to become an Empire of millions once more," the Doctor spoke as he took out his sonic screwdriver and began to scan over the machine. "One big, bright, multicolored army of Daleks-"

The Doctor paused at one of the parts of the machine. His brow creased in confusion before he stepped back and gazed around the room.

"Robin....can you hear that?" The Doctor asked before glancing at the machine. "That little whisper...this machine is emitting something, possibly a psychic message, can you hear it?" The Doctor stepped back again and held up his hands for silence as he listened.

Sure enough, there was a small whisper echoing through the room. Emanating from the machine.

"Come to me Daleks. Let us spread destruction....Come to me.... Let us rid the universe of all life."

fireandblood

"You would never do that," Robin replied, sticking her tongue out at the Doctor. "I'm too much fun to be around." The teasing did stop, however, as the elevator opened and revealed a big, dark room. For some reason, Robin felt a sinister sort of presence as soon as she stepped into the chamber. A shiver ran down her spine (though the room was pleasantly warm) as they walked.

Approaching the giant machine, she felt herself grow more and more anxious, and the beeping increased in intensity again. Her light grip on the Doctor's arm turned tight, and she was almost squeezing it by the time he started scanning it with the sonic screwdriver. And then she heard it. The soft, nearly silent whisper echoing through her head.

Come to me. We will rid the universe of life. Come, Daleks, come to me. Another shiver racked her entire body as she listened.

"I hear it, Doctor," she said softly, her eyes wide with fright. "Why is it calling the Daleks? Why would it want to get rid of all life in the universe? I thought this tree was supposed to bring life... Not take it away."

Villain

"You're exactly right, but yet, from some reason, this machine is signalling them on their telepathic frequency. To us it's just a whisper, but to them it will feel like someones shouting inside their brains," the Doctor spoke his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at the machine with an nervous look on his face, "It may even be strong enough to control the Daleks, but... that shouldn't be possible."

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'Doctor, every hero in this place knows about this room. Are you suggesting that someone who lives here altered the machine to contact the Daleks?'" The robot asked

"I'm not sure. I would be able to tell if I could make out more of this message," the Doctor said before placing one hand on the machine and rubbing its cold surface. "But, whoever could do that must be a genius. I don't know anyone who has such an incredible understanding of the Dalek's brain waves..." the Doctor paused for a moment, his brow furrowed as the look on his face changed from confusion to concentration. "...I don't know anyone... except...."

The Doctor's eyes widened before he spun on his heel, yanking out his sonic screwdriver and laser spanner from his pockets as he turned. A bolt of electricity hit him squarte in the chest as he held them high above his head and sent him tumbling back into the machine.

"Sir, Jamie McCrimmon says; 'You are really are a pathetic fool, Doctor,'" the robot voice chirped, before his voice crackled and disolved into static as the robot short circuited and released Jamie's chair before exploding in a shower of sparks.

Jamie rolled forwards, his frail, limp left hand raising a fragile finger in the Doctor's direction. An evil smile was plastered on his ancient face as he pressed something on the sword in his lap. The image of Jamie McCrimmon turned to a slime like substance that slithered down the body that lay beneath and retreated into the wheel chair, which became instantly replaced by a device that resembled a black chariot covered in silver globes.

Sitting in the device, chuckling maniacally with a grin of black rotten teeth, was an ugly bald man with leathery wrinkled skin. He had no eyes in his sockets, but did have a disturbing glowing blue eye in his forehead. His left arm was metalic and clawed, his body was covered by a black military like uniform and sprouting out of the back of his head were wires that connected to the ominous chair.

"Y-You..." the Doctor growled, clutching his chest as he staggered to his feet. "How dare you...how dare you massacrade as Jamie," he hissed through gritted teeth as he attempted to balance on his feet, which shook under him uneasily.

"You and your sentimentality Doctor. It was almost embarassing how it blinded you," the man croaked, his voice sounded artificial, as if his vocal chords had been replaced by electronic speakers. He turned his glowing blue forehead towards Robin, licking his dry cracked lips as he looked at her, as if savoring the unspeakable horror of the situation.

"Hello my dear, I am Davros, Lord and Creator of the Dalek race."

fireandblood

Robin was listening in silent horror to the whispering coming from the hulking black machine. It was sinister and evil... And yet she couldn't stop listening to it. There was something almost familiar about it, though she knew she'd never heard it before. The conversation between the Doctor and the old man was lost on her, and so it shocked her completely when an electric blast sent her friend flying backward.

A short, choked scream came from Robin's throat as the Doctor made impact, but she stopped when the old man began to... change. The robot exploded suddenly, making her jump, and then Jamie's body started to melt. This caused a brief flashback to the Slitheen, watching them disintegrate into green sludge... The old Scot's change was different, though, as it turned into quite a different form... Which was definitely more horrifying than any Slitheen.

His eyeless sockets stared ahead, unseeing, and the glowing blue orb in the thing's forehead was disconcerting to say the least. The teeth were disgusting, and he looked almost to be more robot than... whatever he really was. And then the thing spoke to her, which caused the blonde to jump again, wishing she could be anywhere but where she was. Despite her fear, however, she stood her ground and spoke clearly.

"Yeah? Well I'm Robin, slightly psychic human," the girl said, her scar red and angry across her face, "and I am certainly not your dear."

Villain

Davros cackled at Robin, his laughter foul and maniacal. He wheeled about the room in his chariot, gliding over the ground effortlessly with the same low hum as the Dalek's. It was almost as if someone had taken a burnt corpse and fused it with the lower half of a Dalek. Even though he had no eyes, his sockets and brow twisted into a look of delight as he watched Robin and the Doctor, taking pleasure in his fury and pain as he struggled to remain standing.

"Oh my how vicious. Have you turned this one into a soldier yet, Doctor, or has it not been long enough for her to embrace her role as a sacrificial lamb?" Davros asked mockingly whilst the Doctor panted and snarled at him. "I see she has been scarred, a memory extractor I take it? Do you so delight in driving these poor misguided fools through your war zones and graveyards?"

"H-How are you able to be here? This place is for heroes," the Doctor asked between pants, stepping forward and bracing himself against the machine with one arm. "How are you controlling the Daleks, why are you posing as Jamie and how are you still alive!"

"Listen to him," Davros chuckled, turning his ugly head towards Robin. "He asks for answers but the only real question he wants to be answered is about my survival? Did he tell you about how he left me to die? Right after committing genocide on an entire species. Or has he led you to believe that he is somehow a saint?"

fireandblood

Robin slowly walked to the Doctor, putting an arm around his shoulders as Davros spoke, looking at the hideous creature with an accusatory stare. But as the Dalek spoke, her face seemed to change, and the stare was turned to the man at her side.

"Trust me," she whispered softly into his ear, just before stepping away from him, keeping that same slightly hateful look trained on her friend. She kept walking backward, carrying herself farther and farther from the man with the blue box. When she was several feet away from him, she turned toward Davros, trying to keep the look of revulsion off her face.

"You're right," she said softly, hoping the Doctor would catch the hint and do something while the Dalek was distracted. His seemed like a proud and haughty race, ready to condemn everyone else... Why not find out? "I've seen it, in his memories. Just... wiping out entire species... Entire planets... Even his own. What kind of man could destroy his own people? I wish I could just forget... I thought he was this amazing, good man, but... He isn't. I see why you hate him so much."

Villain

"Oh? You have not yet gotten your claws into your new companion just yet it seems," Davros spoke with interest focusing on Robin for a moment. "I have never found much worth for girls, but perhaps you will intelligent enough to leave the Doctor to his fate and run as fast as you can away from me and my children....unless of course you want to be a slave of mine. I am sure that experimenting on a girl with your intriguing mind would be quite fascinating."

The Doctor struck as Davros's attention was turned. He picked up his glowing red laser spanner and flung himself at Davros, grabbing hold of the side of his chariot before bringing the tool down on the side of it. The spanner should have cut through the chariot and disabled Davros's movement, but before it could so much as dent the device a black wire wrapped around the Doctor's hand and began to pull him backwards.

"Did you really think me a fool? Did you think a mind like mine could be distracted by such petty things?" Davros said with relish. The sinister device that lay in the middle of the room had now sprouted wires tentacles that snapped around the Doctor's limbs and dragged him towards the device.

Davros pointed at Robin and immediately another set of tentacles lashed out and wrapped around one of her arms with a snap.

"Oh this is just too much," Davros chuckled with glee before turning back to the Doctor. "I thought it was a stroke of bad luck when the emergency temporal shift I used to escape the Crucible malfunctioned and stranded me in this revolting place," he said with disgust before spitting in revulsion. "A person with my interests was almost killed on sight by this castles security system. I only survived by generating a guise from DNA which I had gathered from that idiotic companion of yours. Just think, in order to masquerade as that simpleton I had to actually clone his personality from his DNA and wear it like clothing for the last year and a half, all whilst trying my best to avoid having my life force sapped by that over grown weed. If it hadn't been for my experiments I would have long done mad."

"You didn't need any help with that," the Doctor said whilst trying to shake off the wires. "Let Robin go now!"

"Oh no Doctor, I won't let any of you go," Davros said with delight as he moved closer to the two of them. "Soon my Dalek's will break through the security system and come find me after exterminating every last decrepit hero in this awful place. Then, we shall join you here and delight in your pain as the Gaia Tree sucks the life force from your bodies."

"Let, Robin, go," the Doctor growled again, the fire returning to his eyes as he glared down the mad man.

"And why would I do that?" Davros asked curiously. "Both of you are vital to my scheme. Once you are absorbed into the Gaia Tree, my experiment can begin and me and my beloved Daleks will transform this abomination into a wonderful world destroying weapon. Instead of plants the acorns will become bombs that shall drain the life from ever planet they come into contact with. It will be glorious!"

fireandblood

Robin's face fell as the Doctor was trapped by Davros. She had really hoped that her idea would work... But then again, she didn't have much experience in distracting Daleks. A yelp came from her as the wire snapped around her arm, and she found herself being  pulled toward the horrible Davros against her will. The creature smelled like death and radiated a feeling of hatred so strong Robin could hardly stand it.

His plan, it seemed, was going through without a hitch: Robin and the Doctor were trapped, the Daleks were currently outside, getting closer and closer to breaking through the security... Robin could only pray that her companion could think of something to get them out of this situation.

"What do I have to do with this plan?" she asked, trying to stall him if even for a few more moments. "I understand why you need the Doctor, but why do I matter? You could just kill me."

Villain

"My dear, what exactly do you think is going to happen to you?" Davros asked humorlessly. "You're going to die. You will be the first to be absorbed into the Gaia Tree. When the machine reaches maximum capacity it will immediately take two hundred years off your life cycle. You will be reduced to rot in a matter of seconds, where as the Doctor will hang on for so much longer," Davros reached forwards and tilted the Doctor's head up to look at him with the tip of his metal claw. "And once again, he will know the despair of leading another poor soul to their demise."

"Why are the Daleks coming for you?" The Doctor asked, keeping his voice level as he glared up at Davros. "The Daleks know that you are useful to them, but rescue operations certainly aren't there style. They don't care if you live or die, why would they try this hard to save you?"

"They needed a little...encouragement," Davros sneered. "The psychic beacon I placed in the Gaia Tree sent a message to a large part of the Dalek empire and influenced them into coming here."

"So you brain washed them?" The Doctor laughed loudly, turning to Robin and grinning at her. "Did you hear that Robin? He introduces himself as their Lord and creator and shares such fondness for the evil things, but yet he doesn't trust that they'll leave him alive!" The Doctor let out another howl of laughter before smirking up into the blue eye of Davros. "Just, how many times have you almost been exterminated Davros? How many times have they considered you an inconvenience?"

"Your prattling is becoming irritating Doctor," Davros spoke before extending his metal claw and tapping a few buttons on the sinister machine before pulling out a large chunk of it. The two of them became encased in green light that seemed to weigh down their every muscle. "I have no interest in humoring you anymore. I have my creations to greet."

He turned in the direction of the elevator once more before gliding across the floor and taking his place inside of it. "While you wait for your execution how about you tell your dear accomplice about how you let down all the others that came before her?" He asked cruelly before the doors shut behind him.

The Doctor glared at him with bile and disgust as he watched the psychopath exit the room, but the moment the doors shut behind him a grin lit up his face and he turned to Robin before winking at her.

"You're incredible," he said warmly and lifted his hand to hold hers. "We're going to stop them. And it's all because of you."

fireandblood

Robin didn't really understand most of the conversation; her fear at Davros's first statements caused her to tune out a lot of what the two were saying. The fragile human could only stand there, waiting to die, with the knowledge that her life would be slowly leeched from her to feed the fuel of the Daleks' hatred. It seemed a sick sort of joke, that she had survived much already and was now to be killed inside a tree that was meant for bringing life to so many planets.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the green light descended over her and the Doctor, and she felt as though she weighed a hundred pounds more than normal. This is it, the girl thought, panic bubbling in her throat. But then, Davros was leaving, and the Doctor was... smiling? Congratulating her?

"I don't understand," she said weakly, looking at their linked hands. "I mean, thank you, but... I didn't really do anything."

Villain

"Robin, you did everything. You made him drop his guard," the Doctor said before pointing to himself with his thumb. "Look at me Robin. Do I look like a fighter to you?" He asked, his eyebrow raised in amusement. "Do I look like a Time Lord who would try to knock out the bad guy with a power tool? Don't I more look like the sort of Time Lord who would take advantage of his enemies ego and take a vital part from his dumb looking wheel chair while he was too busy gloating?"

With that, the Doctor held up his hand and revealed a small green microchip that he shuffled between his knuckles. His eyes glinted with excitement as he watched the chip, before he tossed into the air and caught it in the palm of his hands. "Remember when I said I would take you with me because I thought you would be a fantastic sidekick?" He asked before smiling genuinely at Robin. "Best decision I've made in years."

fireandblood

Robin felt a strange stirring of pride. Though she had thought he would try to do something physical, the fact that her attempts hadn't been in vain was very relieving. As long as she could be of some help to the fantastic Doctor... Well, she thought that was all right. Something bad may happen to her, but if she died knowing she'd helped save even some lives, it was worth it.

"And to think, you were saying you were going to take me home. Well, you're welcome," she said with a smile. "But... What is that?"

Villain

"A moment of insanity, I assure you," the Doctor said before wrapping his arm around her shoulder, doing his best to avoid getting his restraints tangled in hers. "Robin return to Florida? The universe would collapse," he said before pocketing the green micro chip and waggling his finger. "But, just because I'm proud of you doesn't mean you get to see my party trick just yet. I want that to be a surprise."

"Now," the Doctor said as he looked down at their restraints. "Taking one look at these I can already tell that the moment I use any of my tools they'll probably zap me with a thousand volts of electricity or make me burst into flame or something equally unpleasant," he said before glancing up at the machine. "I think I could probably get us out of these restraints, but in order to do that I would need to spend time carefully hacking at the machine central cortex system to make sure that I can reverse the polarity of its-"

The Doctor paused as the elevator doors opened and two men stepped out of it. Both of them were old, both were dressed in green military uniforms, both of them were wielding swords and both of them looked as if they had seen countless battles in their time.

"Hey, Corporal Higgins and Lieutenant Myers!" The Doctor called to the figures as they marched over towards the two of them. "My names the Doctor and this is Robin-"

"We know who you are Doctor," spoke Corporal Higgins, his voice hard but polite. "We've heard no end of stories about you and the aliens that are currently wrecking up our home."

"The minute we saw the tin can bastards our first thoughts of were of this place," Myers said in his heavy Texan accent before swinging the sword he was carrying and severing the bonds that tied Robin and the Doctor down. "Come on Doctor, lets go kill some aliens," he said before pausing as he noticed Robin. He flashed her a pearly grin and gave her a two fingered salute. "Well hello there Mam, its been a while since I saw a face as pretty as yours down here."

"Oh for the love of-" the Doctor sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. "Myers, impending doom here!" He exclaimed before getting to his feet and hoisting Robin off the floor.

"See, told you that you would break hearts," the Doctor whispered to her slyly. "Nothing gets a heroes motor running more than a hot blonde in a dangerous place," he said before ruffling his own blonde head of hair. "I should know. They fall for me all the time."