Sense8 - themed game (interest)

Started by Yarnover, April 20, 2016, 09:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarnover

Sense8 is a great new Netflix original about a group of psychically-bound people who can experience each other's senses and help one another out with their unique skills no matter what distance separates them.

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in starting up a game in the setting? I'm willing to GM or co-GM. I was thinking the characters could all be in another cluster separate from the main characters from the show - and since the second birth a new experience for everyone you do not need to be familiar with the show to join.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Yarnover

We would need a total of 8 players. If we had 6 or 7 I could fill in the missing characters.

The GM(s) would also run the NPCs, canon characters and villains (such as BPO) though I suspect there would be room for a PC villain along the way.

Each of the 8 in the main cluster we would be following in the story the others are in. Although they wouldn't be physically present, they could experience what the other's do and be present in spirit, helping out with their own unique skills. We would need a separate game thread for the physical storyline of each character and as GM I would cycle through everyone's threads and build a larger story that connects them together through events.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."