Culture Shock: mixing modern day and fantasy world (still looking for players)

Started by Elf, December 05, 2010, 11:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

This is about a small town form some where in the US mid west some how being transported to a fantasy world. It is not just the people, but the entire town. Actually a perfect circle of land with a 10 mile diameter exchanges places with an equal sized piece land from a fantasy world.

This will be the story of that town and how the inhabitants deal with the change. The entire focus will be on the town not what happens back in the US.

I am hoping for from 5 to 8 players to play either humans from the US (locals or travelers caught in the exchange) or any of the types of mortal characters from the fantasy world. Virtually any type of fantasy races are available as long as they can be killed with relative ease. It will not be based on any game system or already established world. Pretty much it will like an AD&D world, if is possible in AD&D it will be possible here.

I will be running someone from the town and an elf from the fantasy world. Players will be welcome to play as many characters as he or she can handle.

The town people speak American English which is completely alien to the fantasy world as is the fantasy languages unlike anything the Americans have ever heard.

OK OOC is up Culture Shock OOC
Story is now up Culture Shock
Characters

lorcan

Hmm i would be interested in this. I would like to play someone from the Fantasy World.

Narianna

TheVillain

I really shouldn't, but this is an interesting idea.

Name: Oren

Bio: A native of the fantasy world, Oren is the hybrid son of an elf and a satyr. Inspired by the persecution his parents faced in his hometown Oren would strike out into the world as an adventurer. He dedicated himself to righting wrongs and fighting oppression and while at the moment not a man of great individual power he does have a fair amount of experience adventuring. Being of the bardic tradition he's not a great figure in any individual field but he can produce feats of skill in a wide variety of fields from swordplay, to trade, to music, to magicks both arcane and divine. His reputation is known for two things- his genuine desire to help people and his volcanic sex drive. Fortunately, being a hybrid elf and satyr, he seems to be sterile and his magic neutralizes diseases rather effectively.

Wandering the roads in search of adventure, he came across the strange town of humans quite by accident- but recognizes a scared and confused populace when he sees it. He'll stay for now. His motivation two-fold and the first being a genuine desire to help these people at least adjust to their new home if not get back to their own plane of origin. The other however is to bed as many of the town's women as he can- within moral reason. He will not force himself on them, but there's very little he won't do otherwise.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Elf

Lorcan, thank you for your interest.

Naria, I'm glad you are still interested in this and am really looking forward to seeing where it goes on this new unlimited forum.

Villian, thank you for your interest. Your character looks interesting. You have to forgive me, but all my experience RPing has been on sites for all ages and therefore nothing beyond a PG-13 rating. Sex will not be the focus of this, but it also will not be out of bounds.

One thing I forgot to mention is a language barrier. The town's people will speak English which is completely foreign to the natives, as theirs is to the town's people. However the use of magic to temporarily solve the problem is acceptable.

TheVillain

Wasn't planning on making it an all-fucking focus, but I can see where you can think that so no problem.

But Oren is the Handsome Lech- and lulz will be had.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Narianna

hehe "lulz"

E, will you be posting an OOC thread? Do you want me to put my profile(s) here or there? I'm definitely playing the human again. I may or may not be playing the other char. Still deciding. heh I agree, I'm incredibly excited about this unlimited RPing format!

Elf

I think I will give a bit longer to what interest this generates. I will then create the OOC, probably tomorrow or the next day. You can then post your BIO or BIOs there. I will put my BIOs up there along with more detailed information about the story.

Narianna

lorcan

Elf

Yes, this will be free form. As it is the only kind of RP I have done so far, I think it best to stick with what I am familiar with for this.

lorcan

Thats cool with me just wanted to know while i was getting my ideas for my character also will humans from the fantasy world not be able to communicate with those from the modern world?

Elf

I'm afraid, that is correct. Human (trade or common) language and English have little to nothing in common. This is just one of the things I wanted to be part of the complications between the two worlds. I expect as the story evolves natives will learn English and the town's people will begin to learn the local languages, but it will take time.  But as I said before, magic can and will be used as a short term solution.

lorcan

TheVillain

I'd like to see more women show up to this.

And I think we can agree that any fantasy characters should be such that someone with a modern gun can take 'em. At the most, it should be a fair fight.

Elf

Narianna

We could maybe ask some more women by using that ons and offs feature to search by likes of fantasy realms? I've never used it before but that's what you do with it, isn't it?

It works! Go to "Players" and put in "Earth: Fantastical" and select "Like or want to try" and you can private message any of the women that come up... I hafta go run some errands or I would take on the task myself. If it still needs to be done when I get home tonight, I will do so.

TheVillain

That's one use, yes. We should keep in mind a lot of our potential playmates are in school.

Elf

Thank you, Naria.
That is wonderful idea. If you could please do that, I would appreciate it very much. I would do it myself but I have some errands to run as well before going into work.

Kate

happy to join much prefer domiante roles (to me the more perverse the better).

if im the type your thinking of sort of need to know if you want me as from the fantasy world or modern one.

i feel that the former makes more sense but pm me your thoughts on what you think works and i will have a think-see :)

Elf

Kate, thank you and welcome. I don't see (as of yet anyway) why you would not be the type I'm looking.

I don't have a specific number fantasy or modern characters, you are free to play whatever type of character you wish to play. The story is as much about how the locals respond to the town and its people, as they respond to their new world.

Kate

How about a demoness who is a hermaphrodite who can perform rituals to change peoples bodies for perverted reasons.

These are rituals though - she can't cast things like fireballs.

A shot from a gun hurts her as much as it would others.

Narianna

Hi Kate!  :-)

I ended up being out much later than I'd planned and had to go to a surprise wedding on top of it. lol But I will see if I can drum up more interest now...

MarcothTalos

Well it seems Narianna has recruited me for some odd reason, might I ask why and also perhaps what all is allowed on this group rp?
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

insaneplots

This would be interesting I don't know if I would play a magic user from the fantasy world or a person from the town. I have plenty of experience playing magic users in an AD&D type setting. I presume listing known spells would be ideal though that would mean a fairly large list. The character I have in mind isn't some apprentice he's fairly well established. (even has a tower in the area.)