World of Warcraft Interest Check

Started by Cardwolf, May 10, 2010, 06:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardwolf

Alright, so from the boards I've been reading I've seen a number of people who were or still are World of Warcraft players.  I was wondering just how many people would be interested in doing a WoW rp?  I've got a story in the works, but I would rather like to know how many people I could depend on for this before I posted it up in vain.

Wolfy

sinoraa

Im interested, aslong as it has nothing to do with cataclysm. Or as i like to call it, the genocide of lore.

Cardwolf

It's Post BC..but really has nothing to do with that aside from Background.

sinoraa

Alright, count me in. Any specific side?

Cardwolf

Depending on the amount of players I'm hoping for both

Cardwolf

Alright just to let anyone joining know I'll be playing a Undead Priest, mage or Warlock when we get started.

Lycan Queen

I'm game. Troll Shaman be ready for business, mon!

Ironwolf85

never played WOW actually, but color me interisted, I'm either going to play a Turian hunter (cuz I found out he gets guns!) for horde
or a Wogen paladin (found them in the expansion) for alliance
depending on what you need
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

RampantDesires

I'd probably be up for a WoW group.  I'm pretty hardcore Alliance.  Have room for a rather arrogant NightElf druid or Dranei paladin in your mix?

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

elfguy

Always up for fantasy, I've played WoW extensively. If I had to pick I would go with a female human warlock.
----

desert ashes

Possibly interested depending on how the story set up and whatnot ends up being.  Would be playing a female Draenei or Blood Elf (Tauren Druid is iffy, but possible), preferably a Priest (Disc/Holy), or a male Tauren Druid.

To note,

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on May 11, 2010, 10:35:24 AM
never played WOW actually, but color me interisted, I'm either going to play a Turian hunter (cuz I found out he gets guns!) for horde
or a Wogen paladin (found them in the expansion) for alliance
depending on what you need

So you're aware, Ironwolf85, the Worgen wouldn't be accepted if the story is staying (hopefully) far from Cataclysm as they aren't released as a player class until then. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Cardwolf

Before we continue on with anymore speculation on the game.  Lets have a vote.  Who here would like to see Non Player Classes from WoW playable?  Aside from that I'll go ahead and say that both Alliance and Horde characters will be available and possibly will create a competition between the two sides.

Lycan Queen

Yeah, in game classes would work best, as it would cause the least amount of drama. Also: I've always thought an idea where the Horde and Alliance are forced to not kill each other and work together would be awesomely fun, but that's just me.

Travaius

I'd love to play a Warrior Tauren.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

LIAR

I'm very interested! Bookmarked to keep tabs on =]

Cardwolf

I was planning something more globally based Chuukun where separate stories could evolve.  Meaning I'd like to put this into a Big Group if possible.  Seeing as we've got several players, I'll begin making the finer adjustments to the plot.

Cardwolf

The clouds shift lazily about the Dark Portal as it opened with a thunderclap and demons rushed out in hordes.  The combined power of the Horde and the Alliance pushed the front back, but now tensions are on the rise again. As the old rivalries make the blood of Orcs, Trolls, Humans and Night Elves alike boil.  The advent of the Blood Elves into the horde and the Dranei into the Alliance has made matters worse as well.  Blood Elves having tapped into the vast magical energies of the Dranei on their arrival have begun their own experimentation on the race much to the disgust of the Alliance while the Horde takes a stance of neutrality.  Only the Goblins remain fully neutral in this affair.  Now giving into the differences of the races once more; the two factions ready themselves for war on three fronts.  Between themselves, Illidan’s armies and the demonic horde.  Tensions are high between every faction now with the demons coming one step closer to conquering every day and Illidan the only thing keeping them at bay.  Desperate for a way to destroy Illidan and hold back the demons; Undercity scientists, Quel’Thalas mages and Thunder Bluff Druids crafted a device through magical means which can distort the very fabric of the dimensions and close of portals which demons pour through.  There is only one major problem with the device, it requires more mana than the Horde can supply on it’s own with exhausting it’s war effort.  Their eyes turned onto the Alliance and soon committed monstrosities against nature as they drained creatures completely dry of magic thereby killing them to power the machine.  On the day the machine was about to reach it’s full charge, a large army of Allied forces stormed the gates of the Undercity and obliterated the machine along with demolishing and burning the collected research that had been gathered.  Inspired by the assault the Horde has redoubled it’s war efforts and has called for full out warfare against the Alliance.  Azeroth and Outlands alike has become a full blown battle field for the two factions who are now out to prove not only that they are more powerful, but they can conquer anything on their own.  Which side do you stand on and how long can you keep this battle up, before someone or something gets the drop on you?

Illidan’s eyes shift back and forth over the foolish factions and shakes his head shifting into the shadows as the thought of another war breaking out worries him.  Especially with Arthas awakening in the icy peaks and something far more sinister lurks beneath it all. 

Here's a brief synopsis what do you think?

Travaius

LOVE IT!! It looks awesome, a reason for the Horde and Alliance to hate each other and work with each other...sort of. But I have to ask, are Taurens not going to be in this?
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Cardwolf

All races are in it.  Note it says Thunder Bluff Druids which is a reference to Tauren Druids.  The only thing I forgot to put into it was that the Orcs and Trolls funded the project.

Travaius

It still looks amazing to play in my opinion...

Cardwolf

I'm going to take a guess and place it into Extreme.

Travaius

Probably best, noone knows how this will play out with so many different races.

Ironwolf85

agreed... it could get messed up, or dangerious. depending on the people involved
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.