Soul Society: Life in the Gotei 13 - Seeking Shinigami

Started by Kendre, December 17, 2012, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendre

Renji was a special case, solely due to his motivations and the influence of Ichigo. If you remember, Ichigo literally leaked Spirit Pressure to the point that he imbued Orihima, Chad, his sisters, and a few others with spiritual powers over time. Renji's Bankai already existed before he fought Ichigo if memory serves, but that's only due to his extreme motivation to defeat Byakuya. He gained properly control and ability with it after spending time with Mr. Powerpants Kurosaki. The only Lieutenant who'll be potentially permitted a Bankai is the Squad 1 Liuetenant, as they're supposed to be about Captain Level, since the Captain-Commander is superior to Captain-Level.

HOWEVER, there is no reason you can't have the Squad 7 Captaincy, if you want it.

Also, love the character. Good story, good quirks! *thumsup*

PrestaDGTation

^_^  Glad you like her!  I'd be happy to have her be a captain!  Wow, the thought of an entire squad devoted to Armory..  Hehe, this is going to be fun!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Kendre

Something to note, this is an ORIGINAL Soul Society story. Thus any Squads that HAVEN'T been titled can be customised to fit a particular niche. NO OVERLAPPING. If Squad 12 is Research and Development, we don't need a kinda-sciency-but-not-as-much-as-12 squad. A squad devoted solely to, for example, reading Spiritual Pressure would be an excellent synergy unit in combination with 2, 4, or 11. Things like that. I'll leave the deciding of being specific or generic up to the respective captain.

Squads 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, and 12 have been given a specific purpose.
Squads 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 13 have not been given a specific purpose, yet.

BruceTheCat

No problem Snorkle! Just excited to have more people interested.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Kendre

I'm thinking we can start it with the amount of people we currently have, if you guys are particularly eager. I'm fine with people playing an extra character until more interest shows. Just keep in mind, that if you're playing both a Captain and a VC and someone wants a slot in that Squad, one of them will have to go. I can easily incorporate some plot twist to make it happen. Just a fair warning. Lemme know if you all are interested in starting sooner rather than later.

xPeachyPuff

I don't mind waiting for a bit longer if I'm honest, but it depends on everyone else (:

-xSRx

BruceTheCat

Personally I would like to get started! But I don't mind waiting either, obviously since we are still here.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Also, is PrestaDGTation bankai a secret as well? I didn't really get much information from her profile explanation, though I might have overlooked something.
- scribus1000

Kendre

I think she's keeping it one, but before she can get started, I'll need it messaged to me in detail, to be okay'd

PrestaDGTation

Already done!  I've made it so that Kendre's Character will have the knowledge of what she can actually do, and how good she actually is at doing it, as well as providing the in-character reasons why she doesn't want to let anyone know. 
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Wolfy

Well...I was going to play Twin characters that were Vizard Lieutenants..but I'll have to re-think that.

BruceTheCat

Since there is sufficent interest may I head up making a Arrancar thread Kendre?
- scribus1000

Togashi

Might as well try my luck.

Player: Togashi
Name: Togashi Satsu
Division: 5th Division
Appearance:

Strengths:
Strategic Genius: Satsu has a keen mind, able to look upon any situation and note up to fifteen ways it will come out, and how to make each scenario come out the way he desires, using his intellect to defeat someone. Someone once said: "He doesn't learn from his mistakes, he learns from the mistakes you make."

Kidou Grand Master: Satsu has mastered more Kidou than any other two captains combined.

Mystic Swordsman: Satsu's mastery of his Zanpakto and Kidou drew him to create a style of swordsmanship similar to Shunko. While Shunko allows the user to channel Kidou through their limbs, Satsu's personal "Falling Leaf Style" allows him to channel Kidou through his Zanpakuto.

Overwhelming Spiritual Pressure: Satsu's Spiritual Pressure has been compared to members of Squad Zero, though he has never once been apart of them.

Weaknesses:
Apathetic: Satsu is not interested in most things(that don't concern pretty girls) and often must be 'tricked' into thinking he's playing a game of some kind, least he get bored and simply wander off. The worst part is that the 'game' must keep his interest, least he simply 'stop playing.'

Pervert: Satsu is very much a pervert, and will go to great lengths to cop a feel or oogle a lovely young lady. Though he's more than ready to get serious when the time calls for it.

Heavy Drinker: Satsu often will fall into the bottle, though nobody knows why he does so. On one particular day every year he 'takes vacation' shirking his duties, even going so far as to go to the Human world to get away from everything, and simply drink himself into a stupor.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Hazuki

Shikai: The constant form of Satsu's Zanpakto, Hazuki is a crystal bladed katana, the weapon glowing a soft pale blue.
Ability: Wind Cutting Sword - With the weapon drawn, wind swirls around the blade as if waiting for his commands, even giving the illusion that the blade is moving with the wind. When the blade comes into contact with something physical the wind vanishes, though if nothing is struck when the attack is cast, the winds form a trio of blades lancing out toward their target.

Bankai: When Bankai is released, Hazuki's blade turns pitch black, the winds around it turning black as well, hiding the blade.
Ability: Shadow Cutting Sword - When an opponent's Shadow is struck by black wind blades, or by the blade itself, any damage that would have been done to the shadow is done to the target. It's been said that if he envelops himself in his mist he can vanish into a shadow and come out of his opponent's!

History:
Satsu's past is shrouded in mystery. Nobody knows anything about him personally, though there are some records of him from ancient times. Long before the current Captain-Commander was born, Togashi Satsu was a member of Squad Five partnered with the sword "Hazuki". Records are not as detailed as most would like but he appeared to be from a family that died out around the time he vanished. The only details on the vanishing act revolved around an arrancar attacking the Seireitei. This Arrancar's Spiritual Pressure rose with every Shinigami he cut down. It wasn't until the use of a powerful Kidou was authorized that the Arrancar was defeated. When the dust settled the Arrancar was nowhere to be seen, nor was Satsu.

In modern day, Togashi Satsu appeared in the outlaying areas around the Soul Society. He made his way into the Rukon district and to the Seireitei. He was watched carefully, forced to prove he was who he was. A former captain, now an old woman, was brought in to identify him. As the former captain that he'd served she vouched for him, though his spiritual pressure was much stronger than it had been before.

When asked how he had gotten stronger over the years, Satsu's response is often: "I don't know. One moment I was fighting an arrancar, the next I was just standing in a field."

Since retuning to duty, Satsu has been seen drinking in his spare time, and even while working. He has also been seen womanizing in various bars all over the Soul Society, even shirking his duty to do so.

Kendre

You app looks quite nice, and pretty well balanced. For the Kido thing, I've gotten an App prior to this character via msg asking for commander of the Kido Corps. As such, he/she will likely be a bit stronger in Kido and Hado than Togashi. Just a fair warning. Also, I will permit you to VC the Kido Corps, if you prefer, or remain captain of Squad 5. Up to you.

Togashi

Not to harp on anything but I'd prefer to see the other character before I choose. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind being VC, but still I'd rather look at who I'd be under before choosing. Along with the Kidou thing, if you exclude the Kidou Corps captain he would still probably know more than they would

Kendre

Hey, that's perfectly fine, and considering age and whatnot, you might know more. That'll be between you two, if they choose to keep that character design. You're also free to keep Squad 5 captain, and I have you listed there at present, so your slot is reserved.

Kendre

I've spoken with PrestaDGTation, and we got her Bankai sorted out. Honestly, if everyone is ready, we've enough people to start, and we can bring in more as we go.

Togashi

I'm ready any time everyone else is.

PrestaDGTation

I'm good t' go like Taco Bell!

..OH GOD, TACO BELL!!

Uhmm.. I'm good to go in, uhm.. 15 minutes! 

Kendre

Presta, I like you already. Though I had chinese food... <333333

Marie Reynolds

Togashi still putting the character together for the Kidou Corps Captain, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me. Sorry for the late response

krakenknight

Throwing my hat in if its OK

Player: Krakenknight

Name: Hirata Katsura of house Katsura

Division: 8th Division

Appearance: Hirata looks quite young and by Shinigami standards is very much a fresh face, He was not a tall man but he had enough commanding presence to order younger members of the squad around. Hirata is a man of many worries in his youth he has short neatly kept brown hair and a look of long suffering compliance.  He is not an impatient man but is certainly a hard worker, doing his duties without complaint or aggression. Hirata is seldom seen without the sigil of his family on his robe, a small orange monkey on a field of white and his nails are uneven from frequent biting.

Strengths:

Born in bureaucracy:  Hirata is a good administrator and thrives under pressure doing paperwork to standards most shinigami wouldn’t bother.

Strong Kido: Being of one of the noble families, Hirata is highly skilled and tutored in the use of Kido for effective purposes. While not perfect in his technique he can easily handle multiple enemies without drawing his zanpaktou. Just the way he wants it.

Dutiful: Hirata is very eager to do his duty for soul society and will often place himself in high danger for a good cause. Hirata does however understand withdrawal and will not hesitate to abandon a lost fight.

Kikage the bodyguard: Bound to serve and protect him all her days, much to his annoyance and dismay. Short lean and lithe Kikage Kisame serves as a daily subtle deterrent to anyone who would try to kill him.

Weaknesses:
Hopeless romantic: Hirata is very eager to find his ideal wife and idolises taller women, often neglecting faults or problems.

Uneven Reiatsu: Hirata is powerful at first but his stamina is inhibited by an odd medical condition. After about 10 minutes his power drops from captain levels to below the average seated officer, hence he prefers kido and distance based attacks, much to the distain of his Zanpakto.

Family problems: As heir to the Katsura family Hirata faces more opposition from within than from without. His own relatives frequently try to poison, behead or otherwise end his life. Were his bodyguard Kikage not an exceptionally skilled woman, he’d have died years ago.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Quetzelcoatl

Shikai: In Shikai form Hirata tries to make her a shaman’s rod for Kido focus much to her resistance as her native form is a large angular claymore that acts more like a club bludgeoning people with raw power than the scalpel like focus he wants. It is the main contention between them as he prefers range she prefers drawn out battles of life and death

History:  Hirata is the son of the head of the Katsura family, second richest among the minor nobility. They are rich because of a history of grave robbing other nobles in their funeral business. The Katsuras on the whole are unpleasant uncouth thugs who wear their titles with undeserved pride. Hirata has determined that he does not want to emulate his relatives in any way, unfortunately as the heir he has spent the majority of his life dodging ambitious relatives trying to off him to move up in succession.
Hirata’s sole true companion is his bodyguard Kikage, only a few years older than him, Kikage is like an elder sister to him and the two form an effective unit.

BruceTheCat

I wanted to make a note for your character Kraken. If you are going out for the position of Lieutenant you won't have a Bankai. However I think you might have just posted your Rank incorrectly? Because you also mention later having a 'Captain levels'
- scribus1000

krakenknight

No, I want him as an Lt. I thought a little like Renji or Ikkaku, he has bankai he just doesn't want to use it or admit he can.
Take out the Bankai stuff if its a problem.