Any BSG fans? Interest Check for possible Battlestar Galactica Group RP

Started by Robelwell202, August 17, 2012, 10:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triggvi

I will go with the Marine officer that is cross training to be a Viper pilot.

Knowing that the fleets first line of defense is the damn Viper fighter and understanding that there will need to be replacement pilots he volunteered to under go the condensed pilot training program.

He is a veteran marine officer will lots of time in grade. He is trained is a colonial space marine, he is trained to fight almost anyway you can get a human to survive in or out of a spacesuit. He was an officer that had hit the pinnacle of his career as a major. The colonial military was a peace time military and had no real use for front line soldiers and they were getting ready to put him out to pasture when the Cylons attacked.

orderNchaos

If you have a suggested Character sheet, maybe you should post it on here so we can start working out the character ideas.

kckolbe

Well, sorry, but I'm not really interested in playing this freeform.  ECO is Electronic Combat Officer.  It's what the other person in the Raptor does.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Robelwell202

Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

JinxedMinx

Quote from: Robelwell202 on August 20, 2012, 09:54:16 AM
Well, that was...  abrupt.

Anyone else want to bail?

I'm in.   
I'd just like to know how much initial character detail you'd like for the doctor.

Triggvi

I have never done freform rolplaying. I may need pointers on it if we decide to make it freeform.

orderNchaos

Freeform is nothing more than story line and character interactions without rolls for skills and attacks.

Question Mark

Dude.  Dude.  You are starting a BSG game.  On Elliquiy.

I don't believe you understand the magnitude of this undertaking.  The seriousness of your endeavor.  The utmost import with which you must handle this charge!

I am in.  Totally in.  All the way in.  As far in as the stick up an XO's ass.  Preliminary ruminations have led to me wanting to be a civilian of some sort, likely a scientist caught onboard the Battlestar when everything went to hell.  Probably would be a weapons engineer, maybe preparing a prototype railgun, or somesuch weapon, on a Viper.  After the attack, he volunteers to become part of the flight team while still working on developing and repairing weaponry.

Question: do you have a name for the Battlestar yet?  Also, which colony does it represent, or does it exist outside of that convention?  If you're going for the unique route, I'd like to volunteer the Battlestar Hyperion.  I apologize if this has already been brought up, as I've only just skimmed the thread (such was my exhilaration).

Robelwell202

Final Roll Call:

Myself (RE202)
orderNchaos
JinxedMinx
Aribeth
Triggvi
Question Mark

Did I miss anyone?

At this time, the invitation is now closed, as I think we have enough people for the game.  Thank you for all that showed ineterest!

I'm going to start the OOC/Character thread a bit later, today.  Once it's  up, I'll post the link here, and we can get started.

All I think we'll need for a 'character sheet' would be a name, 'callsign' if applicable, rank, and position on the ship.  After that, a small bio would work.

As for the ship's name, I've decided on a Mercury-class Battlestar (Ala Pegasus), with the name Ares.

How's that, folks?

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Triggvi

Major Marcus (Marc) Callium
Call Sign: Pappy
Current Assignment: Viper Pilot

Major Marcus Calluim, handsome, dashing marine officer. Height 5’11”, Weight 175 lbs., Sea Blue Eyes and Brown Hair  His is 35 years old.
I had a promising career in the colonial Marines up until 6 months ago. Now I am rookie Viper pilot with a history of drug addiction. Quite the change from the guy destined to have Stars on his shoulders to begging the ships commander to allow him to be useful.
It all began about 18 months ago when during my tenure as The Company Commander of the Colonial Marine contingent aboard the Battle Star Ares. I did something stupid and hurt my back. Me being the tough guy I decided to tough it out until I go back to the colonies. I personal pride said that it would look bad if I had to give up my command for 45 days to get the back injury corrected. So, I started taking a few meds here and there. Meds are an insidious thing, you take them for a while and they work great and then they slowly stop working so well until they aren’t doing anything for you and you need something stronger. That is how I slowly got hooked on them, until I was taking the hard meds from less than honest sources. That was when I got caught in a colonial security sting.
I guess I was fortunate that the Commander of the ship was will to cut a deal with me over the charges. No Brig time, I would have to resign my command, get the back surgery and do the whole drug rehab thing. If I did this I would get to honorable resign my commission when we got home. Keep my rank and privileges and medical benefits and stuff. It took me almost 2 months to complete what the commander asked. I must say the hardest part was resigning my command, compared to that the rest was a piece of cake. I was not looking forward to being out of uniform but that was better than the alternative.
That was before the Cylons attacked the colonies. Here I am without a command ready to be discharged and that was the last thing I wanted to do. I showered shaved put on my dress uniform and marched my but up to the Ship Commanders office. It took 2 hour before he was willing to see me, but it was worth every second. I held my head up high and I walked into his Office.
“Sir, I know we had a deal concerning me resigning my commission. I no longer have a home to be resigned to. I respectfully request a new duty assignment. I realize I can’t be put back in command of the Marines, but I humbly ask you to make use of me. I don’t care if you only have me flying shuttle or taking out the trash, this is no time to be taken out of the fight when what is left of humanity is fighting for there lives”
The commander responded “Slow down Major, I have in intention of drumming you out of the military right now. I need every able bodied warriors I can find. Despite your recent transgressions you are still one of the finest officers in the fleet. However like you said, I can’t put you back in command of the Marine company, but what I do need right now is replacement viper pilots. After our last battle we are short pilots. That is all I have for you right now. You can volunteer for Viper duty or I may take you up on your offer and have you empty the trash on your way out. It is your call major”

That was 1 month ago and what feels like a life time ago. I have finally qualified for the Viper Pilot.

AribethAmkiir

Still here and interested.  Need to know if the CAG position is taken.  If it is, I'll figure out what else I want.

orderNchaos

I had planned on the CAG position.  My access to internet will be a bit limited for the next day or so. Ill throw up a character soon.

AribethAmkiir

Robelwell202

I could use an XO...  anyone interested?

Also, OOC/Character thread's up,with a preliminary starting point suggestion. Let me know what you think.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=149802.msg6796731#msg6796731

O/O
A/A
Ideas

AribethAmkiir

Robelwell202

Ares, the newest Battlestar in the Colonial Fleet, needs YOU!!

Are you a Viper Pilot?  Or, do you know how to drive a Raptor?

Maybe you're a civilian who's barely living inside the wreckage of the Scorpion Shipyards?

Contact your local Colonial Recruiter's Office (AKA:  PM me.)  and see if you qualify!

Battlestar Ares needs a few more players, folks, so if you're interested, please let us know!  And if you've shown interest previously, PLEASE, Jump in!  The Character/OOC thread's up, as well as the IC story thread!

Come on in, and enjoy it with us!

O/O
A/A
Ideas