The Fallen Knight - Explore Gotham post-Batman! (Still Seeking!) (LGBTQA+)

Started by Doomsday, January 22, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

Another note for everyone, Don't be afraid to change a character's history to your liking. For example, If I were playing Stephanie Brown (I heart Steph), I would skip over a few  very particular things, her pregnancy, her "death", and her trip to Africa to name a few. This is to be noted because, sometimes, DC writers do create folly. As well as all writers. Play the characters that you want to write, and one that with a history that fits best to your liking. The idea is not to change the root of the character, of course.

Loves to all.

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Ron Don Volante

BTW should the images include real pictures (actresses/cosplayers) or drawn art for our CS?
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Amarlo

I think I'm going to wait and see a few additional approved character sheets before I decide to whip up one myself. I'm still on the fence about joining and hoping for divine inspiration for an OC xD I have a general idea of what I'd like her to be like, I'm just not sure how well she'd fit into this roleplay.. Especially when I can be stupidly shy about approaching other people for connections and plottage xD

With that said! I am pm friendly if anyone wants to plot or chit chat, maybe even help my muse juices flow! (giggitynotgiggity)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Diesel Heart

Quote from: RedEve on January 24, 2016, 08:01:00 AM
Has anyone claimed Kathy Kane/Batwoman yet?

I have, but as the GM's have said a few times,  that doesn't guarantee that I am approved to play her.  Feel free to submit your own Character Sheet for her.  I'm submitting another one as a back-up just in case so you may get to play her.  :-)

RedEve

Thanks for the heads up, I'll reconsider and figure out if I want to throw my hat in the ring or not.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Doomsday

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on January 24, 2016, 07:36:19 AM
BTW should the images include real pictures (actresses/cosplayers) or drawn art for our CS?

I don't know if it matters too much in the end. It's always nice to see a real person on the face claim but sometimes it's hard to find the right model for your character.

Quote from: Amarlo on January 24, 2016, 08:15:20 AM
I think I'm going to wait and see a few additional approved character sheets before I decide to whip up one myself. I'm still on the fence about joining and hoping for divine inspiration for an OC xD I have a general idea of what I'd like her to be like, I'm just not sure how well she'd fit into this roleplay.. Especially when I can be stupidly shy about approaching other people for connections and plottage xD

With that said! I am pm friendly if anyone wants to plot or chit chat, maybe even help my muse juices flow! (giggitynotgiggity)

Feel free to PM me if you want ::)

wander

Gonna do a character sheet presently. I'm using a mix of comic pics and RL pics for Arsenal. I'm not going with his Arrow actor as the guy looks nothing like Roy in the comics and is a bit too fake-tan pouty-lips for my taste. The guy I got is a great match for him in the comics. :)

JamesSureWould

Hi there everybody, yet another gm with yet another character creation tip!

I've seen afew people talk about how they want to go with an oc because they aren't sure they could a cannon character 'justice'. And that's fine, but I would point out one thing; these canon characters have been around for years, some of them decades.  They've each been written by dozens of writers, each of whom wrote the characters differently.  You'd just be one more writer making theur own interpretation of the character.

In short, if there's a character you like, but you're not sure you could write them well, take the chance!

Orange Marmalade

Amarlo

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on January 24, 2016, 01:11:40 PM
Hoping to have one sent off today!

Heeey Marma Llama! :3 Good to see you here too! Maybe we can plot once I get my character down on paper? <3

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Amarlo on January 24, 2016, 01:18:42 PM
Heeey Marma Llama! :3 Good to see you here too! Maybe we can plot once I get my character down on paper? <3

Of course! :)

wander

Doomsday

Voice of the GMs!

Gotten several apps so far, lots of great ideas brewing! Right now we're waiting until Tuesday to start greenlighting applicants. We will still be accepting apps after that, of course, and we will likely never close applications, so if you're seeing this thread in the 90+ responses and are hesitant, don't worry! We still want you! If you have any questions, holler at myself, JamesSureWould or Alias, we're here to help you ::)

Darwishi

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Doomsday

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on January 24, 2016, 09:26:18 PM
*sighs*

Alright. What's taken so far?

At the moment, nothing ::) We won't be approving applications until Tuesday, so go wild.

MasterOfMyFate

So from my first impression, you're basically keeping the old continuity (pre-new 52 where everything happened in 5 years) which involved Batman INC all the while taking the Endgame storyline.

Dibs on Damian Wayne.
Master ON/OFF

Doomsday

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on January 24, 2016, 09:33:42 PM
So from my first impression, you're basically keeping the old continuity (pre-new 52 where everything happened in 5 years) which involved Batman INC all the while taking the Endgame storyline.

Dibs on Damian Wayne.

I'd say it doesn't adhere to any distinct continuity, we use a lot of New 52 stuff and a lot of pre-Flashpoint too.

Also there is no real dibbing, we're allowing multiple people to apply for characters and choosing the best fit. So if you want Damian, make up a sheet :P You're at the very least going against Orange Marmalade ::)

JamesSureWould

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on January 24, 2016, 09:33:42 PM
not exactly. Well, first, new52 also had everything happening in about five years, and also had Batman inc. But more importantly, it's a combination of basically all the continuities. that way propel can use the version of the character they find the most appealing.

Dibs on Damian Wayne.
ain't no dibs until you submit a sheet and get accepted

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 24, 2016, 09:35:52 PM
ain't no dibs until you submit a sheet and get accepted

Party pooper.

So I'm sending a message to aid in making my character. Since he is going to be older (about 18ish), I want to work some kinks in terms of story. Mostly involving him becoming Robin, the Heretic storyline (recently watched Bad Blood), and him becoming something else after Robin.
Master ON/OFF

Darwishi

All I have left are history and personality.  Probably the two longest portions of writing a profile. XDD

Alias

Quote from: Darwishi on January 24, 2016, 10:37:57 PM
All I have left are history and personality.  Probably the two longest portions of writing a profile. XDD

History yes, personality, it varies. I wish the best of luck! see everyone tomorrow. I need to sleep, I've been losing it all weekend.

Orange Marmalade