Under Siege (Captured City Fantasy Freeform, LGBTQ and Hetero Friendly)

Started by Deamonbane, January 11, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

I was thinking about a soldier, but your solicitations got me thinking and am seriously considering an ice sorcerer now.

Deathnote

I'm considering making a sadistic and depraved member of the Barbarian Army.  Maybe a master torturer or interrogator or something like that.

The face claim for that character would be this guy:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kendra

Quote from: Deathnote on January 16, 2015, 01:46:15 PM
I'm considering making a sadistic and depraved member of the Barbarian Army.  Maybe a master torturer or interrogator or something like that.

The face claim for that character would be this guy:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

he's awesome!
have been watching him lately in the Misfit reruns until GoT comes back lol

nice character concept :P
stay away from my blacksmith lol

are there other races that haven't been used yet?

Deamonbane

I don't think I've seen any Orc or Full-blooded dwarf characters....
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Elzith

Oh wow, was meant to be trying to follow this thread to make a character, but seems to of exploded :O

Madame Professor

Quote from: Elzith on January 16, 2015, 01:56:27 PM
Oh wow, was meant to be trying to follow this thread to make a character, but seems to of exploded :O

-whispers- One of us, one of us!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Kendra

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 16, 2015, 01:51:18 PM
I don't think I've seen any Orc or Full-blooded dwarf characters....

hmmm I have a half dwarf
and definitely don't think I could pull off an orc lmao

I have a vague idea of something for these two but want to play around with it in my head a while longer first
so just claiming these just in cases
claiming for possible character/s

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Deathnote

Quote from: Kendra on January 16, 2015, 01:50:36 PM
stay away from my blacksmith lol

Aw... but think of all the fun they could have... well, all the fun he could have, anyway...  :p

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 16, 2015, 02:07:21 PM
Oh god...not Ramsay Snow *cries*
XD

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Kendra

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 16, 2015, 02:10:36 PM
Looks like a Fae... Or maybe a half fae/half elf...

lol i guess but will see

For some reason in the character sheets, my user / playername doesn't show with my character.

After reading the sheets more carefully, the church details that are in one are very detailed and great. As you guys approved the sheet, it's fair to say ye also approved this church being all over the continent etc. I'm just curious and fascinated by the different hierarchies mentioned there. Is it possible for this to be another writing hook/ tool for other characters?

Quote from: Deathnote on January 16, 2015, 02:10:12 PM
Aw... but think of all the fun they could have... well, all the fun he could have, anyway...  :p
XD

She puts up a helluva fight 😝

Lynnette

Quote from: Kendra on January 16, 2015, 03:19:21 PM
lol i guess but will see

For some reason in the character sheets, my user / playername doesn't show with my character.

After reading the sheets more carefully, the church details that are in one are very detailed and great. As you guys approved the sheet, it's fair to say ye also approved this church being all over the continent etc. I'm just curious and fascinated by the different hierarchies mentioned there. Is it possible for this to be another writing hook/ tool for other characters?

Well, as the one that wrote up that part, I feel qualified to answer :P Of course, I'm not making something to reserve it only for myself. I'll elaborate on that section of it and any other sections of it you might desire to know more of :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Kendra

I loved it. It was wonderful to read.
I'd love to know more about the different hierarchies within the church. Your character is a bladesword, so does that mean all bladeswords are part of the church or just specific ones?
Is there a deity that they believe in, religious txts etc.

I was considering having my character/s ( new ones) be believers but would need to know more about the religion in ordee to do that. I could make up my own but felt yours was already approved and deeply entrenched on the continent so it might make more sense to use it.
If you don't mind that is 😋

vatovie

I sent a draft of a character sheet for the current primary orc leader to Viper. She should send it your way at some point.  :) 

Kendra

Welcome to the game Vatovie
Looking forward to reading your cs 👍

vatovie

Thanks I'll probably fix the draft a bit and post it here somewhere soon.  :)

Euron Greyjoy

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 16, 2015, 11:46:22 AM
Everyone okay with music from Two Steps from Hell and Audiomachine?
I never heard of them, but I'm down for whatever. I mean you're the one who has to come up with the mix, for all the characters making sure the music fits them, so no pressure.......  :P

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 16, 2015, 11:54:17 AM
sorry for the double post but... damn. This guy is awesome.
Senpai sama......You noticed me...... :-[

Thank you  8-) I just  hope that I can do him proper justice when it comes time to actually write as him.

Quote from: Kendra on January 16, 2015, 01:07:27 PM
He is. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
My character might actually have a drinking buddy 😂

You just may. I'm undecided if Valtýr will avoid drinking in fear of losing control or be in his cups as a coping mechanism.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Lynnette

Quote from: Kendra on January 16, 2015, 03:40:35 PM
I loved it. It was wonderful to read.
I'd love to know more about the different hierarchies within the church. Your character is a bladesword, so does that mean all bladeswords are part of the church or just specific ones?
Is there a deity that they believe in, religious txts etc.

I was considering having my character/s ( new ones) be believers but would need to know more about the religion in ordee to do that. I could make up my own but felt yours was already approved and deeply entrenched on the continent so it might make more sense to use it.
If you don't mind that is 😋

Thank you, you flatter me <3
My character's title as blademaster is separate from the church, and it was under the Cydillan yearly election (See Cydilla) that she attained the rank. Within the church, her title of Battle Maiden is what establishes her rank within the church, with the title of blademaster having nothing to say for it, it only establishes rank in Cydilla, as well as influence. It has not been discussed if there's a necessary connection between the church and the blademasters, but it could be brought up to the GMs if it should be seen as a necessity for your character.

The religion focuses on the human (etc.) superiority, and puts them as the most worthy one. The High Bishop is said to be elected by Lady Vysarene (The establisher), but it doesn't go further than that. It's not incomparable with Atheism. What is considered to be the holy texts would be the old lore that has been passed down from the point of which the church was established, but there are no obligations to read or have read them. They are normally read from each Thursday, with priests/Priestesses (More commonly the latter) available for extra readings outside of the normal schedules. There are two days of celebrations throughout the year, the 19th of March which was the date Lady Vysarene passed away, and the 23rd of August, which marked the date the initial cult was formed.

As far as the hierarchy goes, note that everything here might be subject to change.

High Bishop
Cardinal
Archbishops
Battle Maidens
High priestess/high priests
Bishops
Priestess/priestess.
Guardsmen/women

The High Bishop and the Cardinals rarely leave the Cathedral that the church has its main headquarters however. Archbishops are normally positioned in central cities. Battle Maidens are scattered around in different provinces and normally act as protectors of the church operators, with more than one normally being present in every church. They are however not locked to one specific location, but it is a necessity to have at least one present in every established church, two in cities without an established guard. A High Priestess would normally be located in every city with a church big enough to consider it necessary, it goes by the size of the church and the populace of the city. Bishops are normally scattered around in the bigger cities and act as a connection to the archbishops. Priests/priestesses operate the churches as per usual. In churches with high priestesses/priests, they act as vergers.
Normally women are considered more qualified for the various roles, but not to the point of which the other gender is hard to find. The High Bishop is always to be female however. Battle Maidens are also only female, going by the belief that the only one who would be able to pick up on Lady Vysarene's desires would be another woman. It's normally a title attained after proving one's capability in the normal guard, most don't reach the title before an age of around 35/40, and have to pass an exam involving beating an already elected Battle Maiden. the challenger would only get one chance to do so. The exam used to consist of killing a set amount of orcs or performing an established raid singlehandedly, but it was changed when the church became more passive. Guardsmen/women are normally considered the lowest in most cases and only work as crowd-control and are present as the first layer of defense towards the priests/priestesses.

I hope this answers your question! If you wish to establish some specific rank, do tell me and I'll add it in :)

... This turned out far longer than I planned it to... Sorry for that...
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Madame Professor

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on January 16, 2015, 04:09:35 PM
I just  hope that I can do him proper justice when it comes time to actually write as him.

I have no doubts you are more than capable! I am interested in seeing the final product!

Also, this picture is just fantastic.

Love the detail, Reaper!

Viper

Okay Everyone, sorry for the wait! Has been a busy day and a half but I will be getting to ALL PM's and applications in order in which I received them I believe that starts with Vatovie, but don't quote me. Thank you all for your patience, I am on Mumble if you need me as well.

-Viper

*cracks out to music and gets to work*

Lynnette

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

la dame en noir

My fingers are aching for thissss

for some reason...this doesn't want to work in my signature.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused}