[Interest Check] oWoD - Werewolf: the Apocalypse [MUL]

Started by Rhapsody, May 14, 2009, 04:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

EDITED TO SAY
Hell, I love this setting.  Even if the below game doesn't interest you, but Werewolf itself does, I can run a game based in the canon Final Nights.  I also own the supplements to Dark Ages and Wild West, though I'm not as familiar with them as I am with the core setting by any means.

This is a highly custom game I ran tabletop as a solo game for a brief time, that enjoyed modest success.  While it uses mostly WtA rules, I borrowed liberally from other sources and setting within the oWoD continuity, as well as using elements from completely unrelated universes (such as the idea of the Phoenix Gate from the Gargoyles universe).  I enjoyed the concept and theme of the game enough to offer it here, if there's sufficient interest.  So, in that vein, I present:

TIMEDANCER

The Wyrm won.
Two hundred years into the future, Earth is dying, a bloated almost-corpse on the verge of implosion and self-destruction.  Cities have swelled to cover nearly the entire face of the planet, dark cancerous sores that ooze toxic smoke and churn out radioactive sludge that polite what little land remains untouched. No longer bound by pesky things like laws and compassion, humanity is at its worst: unchecked overpopulation, unchecked pollution, unchecked violence and cruelty.  Social decay is at a critical mass and it's only a matter of time before the last vestiges of kindness and honor are sucked away, leaving only vicious predator and huddling prey in their place.

The Veil is gone, shattered forever.  Humanity knows what lies in the shadows now, and how could they not?  Such horrors freely roam their streets, taking where and what they please for whatever twisted desire they want to fulfill.  Pits and Hives open baleful sores in every community, and only the eerie calls of Whippoorwill lend warning to what comes pouring out of the flickering, sickly green depths. 

Gaia gasps her last shuddering breaths, and those few souls left who feel connected to her know that the end of all things is nigh...

The Last Caern
And yet... and yet... All is not completely lost, for so long as the Fera remain, there is a small, dimly flickering hope that all can be set right once again.  The Wyrm has not quite stamped them all out, though their numbers dwindle further with each season that passes, lost in equal numbers to daring battle and suicidal despair.  There are fewer spirits every day, but still, in this very last place of life and hope, Gaia gives what she can to the last surviving members of her children.

The Last Caern, located deep in the warming Antarctic where Wyrm forces have not yet pressed, represents the hopes and dreams of all the Gaian forces left alive on the face of the diseased planet, though those hopes and dreams are very precariously placed.  The Wyrm knows of its existence, but has been unable to locate it.  With nothing else left to protect, the Changing Breeds have fallen back to this caern, this last caern, old hatreds and prejudices put aside in the face of total extinction.  Some of them, such as Memory-of-Ages, the ancient Mokole called Elder by the caern, are the very last of their kind.  It is the last place where wild animals can be found, the last place pure Kinfolk and untainted humans dwell. 

It is the last place... and it will soon be no more.

Phoenix Sings
From the lost depths of the Umbra, those legendary Realms now closed off to the Changing Breeds, comes Phoenix, the Harbinger of Prophecy, the Light, the Dream, carrying in his fiery talons one final task for the Garou: stop the Apocalypse from ever occurring.  As wildly unrealistic as this sounds, he has a gift, a legendary fetish long since lost to myth and the Umbra: the Phoenix Gate, which will take them where they need to go.  The only problem is, no one remembers what caused the Apocalypse in the first place...

Ideally, I'd like five players for this, one of each Garou auspice, to form a Silver Pack.  However, beggars can't be choosers, especially in the post-Apocalypse world, and even Phoenix has to take what he can when things are so abysmal.  Therefore, I'll open it to 3-5 players, preferably Garou, created using the Werewolf: the Apocalypse ruleset. 

Things To Remember
Tribes? Non-existent (though I still want you to pick one). 
The Silver Record?  Even more fragmentary than ever. 
The Litany?  Useless in a post-apocalyptic world. 
The Changing Breeds?  Allies and friends, always. 
The Penumbra?  It's called Malfeas. 
The Umbra?  We've heard stories and legends.
Spirits? Rare and precious.

Things To Expect
Time travel, spanning the length and breadth of the Werewolf timeline
An impossible battle against history and the Wyrm where'er it dwells.
The chance to influence practically every major event in the Werewolf continuity (and some that aren't), and rediscover things that have once been lost.

Restrictions:
No Tribal Gifts At Character Creation - While this may sound strange, given that I'm allowing tribes to be chosen, the totems that allowed such Gifts to be possible in the first place have either been destroyed, locked away, or have fallen to corruption.  All Garou have effectively become tribeless, though varying levels of Pure Breed still exist.   I don't intend to remove a Gift from character generation, however: in lieu of a Tribe Gift, players can select an additional Breed or Auspice Gift.

Lupus Characters - Ideally, none.  Wild wolves are damned rare, even within the tenuous sanctuary of the Last Caern.  However, I'm going to allow one lupus spot if there's interest for it. 

Backgrounds - Mostly unrestricted, but use common sense.  Pure Breed is not likely to be strong, but hey, who knows what twisted experiments Spirals have been running with Kinfolk and captured Garou, right?  There are sometimes more fetishes than there are warriors to weild them.  And what few ancestors can reach through can still reach their descendants only have a few Garou left who can hear them.   Such things as Resources, Contacts, Allies and Influence are not likely at character creation, more as a consequence of the world itself than any real mechanical restriction.

I'll leave the thread open for awhile, to see how much interest it garners.  If you have questions, characters or requests for more details, feel free to ask them below, or PM me. Whatever suits your fancy.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Doktor Sleepless

I might be interested. :P I want a Werewolf game, and while I'd prefer canon, I'm still interested.

Rhapsody

Edited initial post, after thinking about it some more.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Doktor Sleepless

Like I said, canon would be better. Regular times, Final Nights, or Wild West. Any of them suit me like a glove.