Exalted 2ed: The West [NC-H/E]: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS

Started by Blaze, April 15, 2009, 11:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

I thought Muse was doing a Changing Moon...though I haven't seen him in awhile either.

Krule

Hmm.. he was considering a Lunar, but hasn't said anything about caste..

Pumpkin Seeds

So how do all the characters know each other?  Make less work for Blaze and all.

Krule

Well.. not sure how you would have met Dream Shadow.. but we could also know each other and feel some familiarity due to our previous incarnations... 

Thinking it over, with Dream Shadow, your best bet is to have met him out on the ocean.. or with some links to the Emissaries of Perfect Water (DB 84 - 85).. or having found his deep underwater manse.. which is most possible for Lunars with water breathing forms.. or Water aspects

Muse

The changing moon I'm working on is a southern gal, a sort of grave robber and scavanger lady with twin kopesh who came this way to be with Paladin's charecter.  Favored abilities focused on Social and Detertiy, and some gift charms. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rhapsody

Quote from: Asku on April 20, 2009, 05:38:01 AM
So how do all the characters know each other?  Make less work for Blaze and all.

Kohl has been stalking the Fisher King for awhile, since she knows him on sight as her mate.  We're working out in PMs exactly how and when who approached whom.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Blaze

Quote from: Krule on April 20, 2009, 01:03:03 AM
Back to the Dragon Blooded.. why not a Sidereal?  That would give this group a certain.. guidance, and some ability to influence and guide a group likly to end up ruling the west.

A offered a Sidereal, but nobody wanted. They are hard to play (given the mechanics).

Quote from: Krule on April 20, 2009, 01:03:03 AM
(Yes, I think this group can and will end up ruling over some part of the west.. this many celestials together?  It's almost a certainty.. and going to be a night mare for any wild hunt, especially if we can build up forces.. and breed our own dragon blooded *winks*)

Don't let me prove you wrong  ;)
But with your current number you are a very strong group.
Why breed dragon blooded - you can mace an army much easier if you enlighten mortals. But don't let me give you such ideas! 

Quote from: Krule on April 20, 2009, 01:18:16 AM
Yes, I know.. but there are emotional bonds, after all, and they can go both ways.

Yes, but they are not magical, and have much less power, as history shows.

Quote from: Krule on April 20, 2009, 03:20:21 AM

Something to consider, for Lunars, we lack the changing moon caste

My favorite caste!  ;D

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 20, 2009, 03:33:40 AM
Bottomline, your Creation is obviously not my Creation, but since we are both playing in Blaze's Creation, we should just ask the GM.

Solars ARE NOT saints by default! Every one is entitled to an opinion, mine is that creeps like Desus are far from sainthood. That is my opinion, nobody has to agree with it, but in my game your characters will have to earn being saints.
Thus, the GM has spoken!

Quote from: Asku on April 20, 2009, 05:38:01 AM

Thank you for that!

We will start as a group but you can decide how/when you met or I'll decide that for you. It will be nice if you tell me what are your relationships, just so I'll know.

Quote from: Muse on April 20, 2009, 10:45:54 AM
The changing moon I'm working on is a southern gal, a sort of grave robber and scavanger lady with twin kopesh who came this way to be with Paladin's charecter.  Favored abilities focused on Social and Detertiy, and some gift charms.

And what will be your motivation? Just out of curiosity  ;)

Now, some inso:
I have an exam in cytology tomorrow so I had less time this weekend. But I'm planing to post the OOC thread Wednesday and the IC threat will follow till the end of the week.
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Blaze on April 20, 2009, 12:44:59 PM
A offered a Sidereal, but nobody wanted. They are hard to play (given the mechanics).

I was having a look over them last night, and yeah, they do seem tricky.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Krule on April 20, 2009, 05:10:29 AM
Fair enough.

To change the subject.. mostly... I wonder if we can persuade someone to play a Changing Moon.. a spy, assassin or thief would fit really well with my Night.
You can partner without someone being your Lunar mate, you know ;)?
And all Lunars make good spies, assassins or thiefs. You sneak past the guards! I'm an ordinary bird. I'm going to fly past them ;D!

Quote from: Muse on April 20, 2009, 10:45:54 AM
You can take an extra set of arms for your warform.
That way, you'll be able to wield four Khopeshes at once! And with Paladin's double-wielder, we're going to use you as a meat-grinder :P.
Not to mention extra-action charms... ;D

And here is the epic tale/fail of my character meeting his Solar mate :P!

I saw her. I felt immediately attracted to her, and somehow knew it wasn't just the appearance - although she looked nice, indeed. I idly wondered how she would look without clothes, but something was telling me she could be more than the eye shows. Call it a Lunar's insinct.
So I approached her and offered to buy her a drink with the money from a successful smuggling operation. My feelings were screaming she is more, she is destined to be my mate...
Then she looked me in the eyes and addressed me with the most unusual first words a Solar has ever told to her Lunar mate.
"And who in the name of Sol Invictus are you, prettyboy?"
It worked better later on. But still, an epically bad beginning.
I also introduced her to another interesting character. He was a smuggler, although most people knew him as a performer...
Granted, the guy can be a problem. I had to warn him that if he tries to get in my pants, I'm going to rip his heart off and spit poison in the hole before putting it back! But as a business associate, he's been fine - so far.

The Great Triangle, the last sentences are about your character, if you want. If not, I have other contacts across the smugglers, so it's just about another smuggler using the same trick as you. But it would explain how we got together as a fleet ;).
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Voichin

Just to mention the obvious - there is no need all of our characters to be in the same place. From strategical point of view it is almost never optimal.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

The Great Triangle

From a story point of view it keeps the game from spiraling into fractal complexity with an increasing number of seperate stories going on.  If we're going to split the party, we need more STs.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Rhapsody

No, because the onus should be on the players to keep track of their individual stories/threads, and remind the ST when something they've needed/wanted is coming up as a priority in the story.  It's not really up to the ST to ride herd on all of us; that's as much our job as creating the overall story arc and forward-driving plot points is for Blaze.  In my opinion as both a player and a Storyteller, anyway. 

If the group was smaller, it would be far easier for that much responsibility to rest in the hands of the Storyteller.  But since it's a fairly large group, we're going to have to be more responsible for ourselves and our stories than if there were only three or four of us.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

It is my experience that big groups tend to wither into a compact group half their size. I'm not saying it will happen, it's just my experience.
Having that in mind, I prefer if you start as one group. You will be on 2, maximum 3 ships - a "trading fleet". In these waters, it's safer to travel in groups.
If I feel the need to split you up, I will consider the option of 1-2 co-GMs.
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Thufir Hawat

We'd be less like a trading fleet, more like a pirate fleet, or a smuggling fleet. In these waters, you never know which is which ;).
I suggest a moto for the fleet to be "For Fun And Profit!"
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Voichin

The Sea serpent will have a personal one - "We take only what we need. We don't really need prisoners at the moment."
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Voichin on April 20, 2009, 04:29:53 PM
The Sea serpent will have a personal one - "We take only what we need. We don't really need prisoners at the moment."
Unless they bring a nice ransom, I suppose.
By the way, who else are you going to invite on the Sea Serpent, if anyone? It's up to you to decide.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Krule

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 20, 2009, 01:10:16 PM
You can partner without someone being your Lunar mate, you know ;)?
And all Lunars make good spies, assassins or thiefs. You sneak past the guards! I'm an ordinary bird. I'm going to fly past them ;D!

Your absolutely correct, I can.. actually, in some ways, it's better for the lunar that I do, no magical bond, so it's a clear partnership, friendship or simple necessity for us to work together, rather then some magical tie between us.  Actually, the chances that Dream Shadow has encountered one of the other lunars is higher then that he's encountered one of the other solars. 

No, my main reason for thinking about his lunar mate.. is that one of his intimacies is on hold for them.. but then.. perhaps better to level her as a potential NPC for Blaze.. might be a elder lunar after all, could even be Blessed Moon over Water's Mentor, which could give him a reason to know her and Nemesis..

So, who wants to have met Dream Shadow?  *winks*  I like everyone's characters so far.

Quote from: Blaze on April 20, 2009, 04:12:17 PM
It is my experience that big groups tend to wither into a compact group half their size. I'm not saying it will happen, it's just my experience.
Having that in mind, I prefer if you start as one group. You will be on 2, maximum 3 ships - a "trading fleet". In these waters, it's safer to travel in groups.
If I feel the need to split you up, I will consider the option of 1-2 co-GMs.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I've seen it...  hopefully everyone remains enthusiastic about their involvement in this game.  As to splitting up, there may come a moment or two that it's better to work in small groups for a single goal, then all together. 

Quote from: Blaze on April 20, 2009, 12:44:59 PM
Don't let me prove you wrong  ;)
But with your current number you are a very strong group.
Why breed dragon blooded - you can mace an army much easier if you enlighten mortals. But don't let me give you such ideas! 

Because the Dragon Blooded live longer.. and they make excellent warriors.. they were created to serve us after all.  *winks*   Of course, it's clear now, that one needs to keep a closer eye on them, or they usurp rights that properly belong to us.

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 20, 2009, 04:03:32 PM
No, because the onus should be on the players to keep track of their individual stories/threads, and remind the ST when something they've needed/wanted is coming up as a priority in the story.  It's not really up to the ST to ride herd on all of us; that's as much our job as creating the overall story arc and forward-driving plot points is for Blaze.  In my opinion as both a player and a Storyteller, anyway. 

If the group was smaller, it would be far easier for that much responsibility to rest in the hands of the Storyteller.  But since it's a fairly large group, we're going to have to be more responsible for ourselves and our stories than if there were only three or four of us.

I agree with this completely... though it can sometimes be harder to keep things going then it seems.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Krule on April 20, 2009, 06:39:01 PM
So, who wants to have met Dream Shadow?  *winks*  I like everyone's characters so far.
Why not, you could know my character pretty easily. After all, you're a Night caste, and I already mentioned that my character is into smuggling and various less-than-lawful activities. They might have worked together already - look at my Intimacies and tell me what they are likely to think of each other at a personal level.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Krule

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 20, 2009, 07:33:39 PM
Why not, you could know my character pretty easily. After all, you're a Night caste, and I already mentioned that my character is into smuggling and various less-than-lawful activities. They might have worked together already - look at my Intimacies and tell me what they are likely to think of each other at a personal level.

Hmm... Dream Shadow has reason to dislike pirates, so they'll get along there.. the litha are yozi worshipers, and can be considered a corrupting influence on the seas, so his motivation can mesh with your characters fairly easily.. even though his greater concern tends to be the western fair folk.  Your character has considerable valor, another bonus in his favor.  He's the bonded mate of one of his circlemates (or soon to be so), so he'll get along with you on that level. 

Oh.. and one more thing.. *chuckles* you like women, and Dream Shadow can chose to be female, if it suits her.

Thufir Hawat

I think that the part about Yozi cultists is not general knowledge, or Lintha would have been wiped out centuries ago ;). But you're right about the rest, mostly.
Good enough for me, so we can assume they would at least have a decent opinion on each other.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Rhapsody

The Lintha are Demon-Blooded, that's known.  It's also known that they worship demons in some circles.  Their chief protection is in both Kimbery's protection, and Bluehaven, a Primordial-made behemoth which never stays in the one place and has a virtually unnavigable (to those who don't know the trick) marsh of seaweed around it.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 20, 2009, 08:02:37 PM
The Lintha are Demon-Blooded, that's known.  It's also known that they worship demons in some circles.  Their chief protection is in both Kimbery's protection, and Bluehaven, a Primordial-made behemoth which never stays in the one place and has a virtually unnavigable (to those who don't know the trick) marsh of seaweed around it.
Maybe I should recheck the Lintha, then, and maybe even alter my Motivation to include Yozi-cults instead of Lintha. I believed only Realm's savants and Lunar elders would remember them as Yozi-cultists.
And for some reason, nobody in Creation is going to tell you all he or she knows, while many people would accuse an enemy of being a Yozi cultist ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Corinthi

Just a note, The Fisher King does accept surrender. But accepting surrender and enforcing the terms of that surrender with his Anima effect, we can build up a very nice army/navy. I do need to think up good surrender terms, however.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 20, 2009, 08:20:25 PM
Maybe I should recheck the Lintha, then, and maybe even alter my Motivation to include Yozi-cults instead of Lintha. I believed only Realm's savants and Lunar elders would remember them as Yozi-cultists.
And for some reason, nobody in Creation is going to tell you all he or she knows, while many people would accuse an enemy of being a Yozi cultist ;).

The Deliberative knew what they were and who they served.  They were protected by one Solar in particular, who swore allegiance to him (but sneakily enough, said allegiance wouldn't supercede their oaths to Kimbery -- not that the Solar knew that).
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Krule

Protected, and he also kept the Deliberative in the dark about their existence.  Actually, this was not uncommon, there were a great many of things that only individual Solars knew.. things that no one else knew... that they kept secret even from their fellow solars, even from their bonded lunar mates.  It's more or less known that the Lintha are demon worshipers.. fewer folks know that they are directly decended from one of the primordials.. and even fewer know which primordial.. still fewer know how to reach their hidden and protected base.. and so on..