[MUL] Stori's Ideas (Updated 9/18!)

Started by Storiwyr, May 05, 2008, 01:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storiwyr

I'm a glutton for punishment. I have a good number of stories going, but a few ideas that just won't leave me alone. So here goes. I'm going to be pretty picky, just because I love these ideas, and have tried them before, only to have them end in disappointing failure. Feel free to toss me a PM if you're interested in either of them. I'd love to see an RP sample post from you of the way you envision your role. :)

If the title is in strike-through, that means I'm in negotiations with someone for the plot, or else have already started. I'll keep adding ideas as I have them, though. :) I've also included links to the threads where they're taking place if anyone wishes to read them.

Sins of the Fathers

There are plenty of things a cop can expect to see in an Inner City park. Especially in the middle of the night, and few of them are legal. The park is thus a popular place to patrol, and this night was no different. A young officer is wandering the sidewalks, checking in bushes and behind trees for illegal acts. He doesn't expect to find a lost woman. But that's precisely what he finds tonight. A woman--barely more than a girl, she can hardly be more than 19 or so--standing under a tree in a white shift that looks more like a nightgown than anything else. The woman is barefoot on a cold night in late fall, and she looks terrified--even more so when the man addresses her.

---

I don't want to say terribly much more about the plot for this one. I would like someone to play the young officer in question, and I would very much like his relationship with her to stay consensual. While a D/s relationship would be fine--my character is extremely submissive--I want a knight in a shining armor for this one.

Also, I would like someone who is into the idea of treating it like a mystery novel of sorts. I know this story inside and out, as this is one of my most beloved characters. I know every tiny little detail of her history and what she's been through. I don't, however, want you to know any quicker than your character would. If you're at a standstill and don't know where to go next, I'm happy to toss some hints out. So I need someone who would ENJOY the investigation rather than being annoyed with it. That said, while the relationship between the two characters should be one that is protective and not abusive/Non-con ... the subject matter is very, very dark.

Also, I should warn--much as I don't want to give even that much away--that if you are someone who is sensitive to religious themes, this is not a good RP for you. That said, this is an RP about evil people. Not about an 'evil' religion.

Incorrigible [NC-E]

Blood Elves are not supposed to be Druids. But Enaid was born with a natural gift for shapeshifting, and so a Druid she was. Coming from a long line of mages, it should be no surprise that her family was not amused with this turn of events. Eventually she was exiled from Silvermoon City for being a bad seed, and refusing to give up her shifting ways.

So we find Enaid living in Stranglethorn Vale. She spends the majority of her time in animal form, mostly as a big cat, hunting and living like one of the animals. But she doesn't quite fit in there either. Whether it's unavoidable or the result of her vanity, all of Enaid's animal forms are pure white with rather unnatural black markings--usually in the form of swirls or other unlikely shapes. It doesn't bother her to be alone, she rather likes it in fact. But her markings make her noticeable, and eventually she is just that--noticed--by an Alliance hunter who is gathering pelts to trade. Thinking that she is just a really strange looking tiger, he captures her, intending to sell her alive--either as a pet or to be butchered for her pelt. He gets more than he bargained for, but upon realizing what she really is--an extremely haughty and attractive Blood Elf--he decides to keep her himself. But Enaid does not WANT to be kept.

---

This storyline is based on World of Warcraft. I do play, but I have very little knowledge about the mythology of the game, so my partner should not expect that of me, nor will I expect it of them. A basic understanding of the game (races, professions, alliance vs. horde, classes and general areas) is completely sufficient.

I've done a bit of tweaking myself. Enaid can transform into any animal within reason. For example, she won't be turning into an Elekk or a mouse due to the size proportion issue. A hawk yes, or possibly a small pony. Nothing big enough to ride or small enough to be difficult to keep penned up. I replace mana with exhaustion ... if she shifts too much in a short period, she gets tired.

As for what I'm looking for--I have played this game out before, and was very much enjoying it til my partner disappeared. Basically he played an arrogant and cruel human who fashioned a magical collar that would not allow her to go further from him than 20 ft or so. If she tried, it would tighten around her neck and start to choke her. We also had a blast with working up a bunch of sexual tension. It was very much non-consensual, but neither I nor my partner were particularly interested in bestiality. As a result, she held off his advances by shifting to animal form. I am not entirely opposed to allowing arousing events with my character in animal form, since she is a sentient being. i.e. being stroked in animal form, etc. I'm just not sure how I feel about going 'all the way' so to speak, though I could be convinced to give it a shot.

I also am not opposed to her captor eventually winning her over. We'll see how it plays out.

Indebted [BON]

It's winter in the city, and food is hard to find for those unlucky enough to be without homes. Seren is one of these unlucky, 17 or 18 years old now, and on the street for longer than she cares to admit. She's a survivor, dumpster diving for food and sleeping in the least favored places so as to avoid conflict with other vagrants and street gangs. Only now Seren has a problem. Her usual food source is all but gone, as one after another the businesses she frequents in the dark hours of the night begin to bleach their dumpsters to make day-olds inedible.

Seren hates to steal. She doesn't like police, doesn't like the exposure, and even has a niggling bit of conscience about it. Still, possible capture and guilt are outweighed by the possibility of going another night without food. The car with the easily picked lock and the wallet sitting on the front seat was too much of a temptation.

The owner of the car is not really a bad guy. He's just prickly with an anger management problem. He tends to yell first and ask questions later. It's already been a hard day for him, and he's stressed, already rather angry and tired. Returning to his car, he sees Seren in the process of picking the passenger side lock with a coathanger. He yells, and Seren runs. At his breaking point, the car owner leaps into his car and gives chase, finally cornering Seren in an alley. When he sees she's sick and terrified, he offers her a choice--he'll call the police ... or she can come home with him and work off her debt.

---

When I say work off her debt, I'm actually not necessarily foreseeing it to be him expecting sex. I played it that way the first few times and it went okay til my partners kapoofed. But the time I enjoyed it the most, the car owner just wanted her to clean for him, and a relationship developed from there. I would really like shades of D/s to this one, with Seren as a very unwilling sub. But this doesn't have to be stated at all in the story, at least not til a relationship does develop. More like she's very stubborn, and quick to take offense. For example, she does a hell of a job cleaning just because it infuriates her that he assumes she's a lazy thief and not just a starving homeless woman. I'd love to keep that sort of interaction between them, but if someone wants to do it non-con instead, or coerced at least, I'd be willing to try that too.

Yesterday Upon The Stair, I Met A Girl Who Wasn't There

Currently underway with Cherri Tart: Click here

She didn't seem any different from anyone else. At least, in terms of her solidity and presence in the world. He found her in the park when he was out on a jog, and there was something strange in her manner that drew him to speak to her. She was an eccentric thing, skittish and sometimes incoherent. She seemed frightened, and so he offered to take her out for coffee or a meal or something, just because he was curious and trying to figure out what was wrong. She agreed, and they walked down to a nearby cafe.

And that's when the trouble started. Grown men aren't supposed to have imaginary friends, and the man who seated them seemed a little spooked when his patron kept speaking to someone who didn't seem to be there. And so it goes. The girl is invisible to everyone but the man. Is he insane? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

---

Just a weird idea that won't leave me alone. I'll be playing the 'imaginary' woman. You'll play the poor sucker who is the only one who can see her. Setting is modern.

Clearly, sexual content will be a little hard, since she's questionably present. We can talk about it. However, she does actually exist elsewhere, and I'm thinking a quest sort of plot as he first becomes convinced she really exists, and second goes to try and find her. With lots of building sexual/romantic tension.

Facing Demons

Currently underway with jisko888, still a possibility for someone to play Cassidhe for guest appearances: Click here

Once, there was magic, and this magic resided in eight magical objects and these objects were given--for safekeeping and proper administration--to eight families, each representing a certain clan. The intention was to distribute this power evenly, to a wise family that would use it to care for those under their jurisdiction. And it worked ... for a while. But absolute power corrupts absolutely. It was not long before the magically endowed objects fell to the hands of descendants of the eight families who had less than good intentions for their use. And so the old pattern reasserted itself. The rich--the eight families--grew richer, while the poor--everyone else--grew poorer. Slavery and misuse of power was rampant among the eight families.

Then, a boy came into the world, born the lowest of the low--enslaved and abused. But there was something different about him. There was an uncanny wisdom to him, and through his mistreatment, he discovered an ability--a magic not held in an object, that only he possessed. In times of extreme pain or distress, he was able to open a portal into another world--seemingly uninhabited by humans--and step through, thus escaping danger. He quickly learned to control this ability, and bring it to bear whenever he wished. With this power, the boy built a resistance of discontented slaves and laborers. Using his ability, he and his army slowly stole the items of power--one by one--and hid them away in the Other World.

And so, magic left the world, and the boy--once his work was complete--left with it. Time passed, and--as the saying goes--history became legend, and legend became myth, and myth was largely forgotten. The eight High Families retained their wealth--for a time. But like most old money, it reached a point where there was more 'old' than there was 'money.' And into this, an heir of the D'ary fortune-that-wasn't was born. He was raised to crave power, and to be all too aware of the dwindling wealth and influence to his name. In the midst of his discontent, Cassidhe D'ary found an ancient scroll, detailing the story of the eight magical objects and the boy who spirited them away. Cassidhe made a connection in his head--intense pain and emotional distress, and the expression of innate but buried magical abilities. But of course, he wasn't about to torture himself. And so, Cassidhe built his menagerie, collecting hapless victims through various means and using a variety of tortures and mental abuse--trying to drive one of them into opening a portal into the other world, through which he could reclaim the eight objects of power and monopolize them. Among his menagerie, Cassidhe had a favorite--one Keres Cadwyn, a daughter of another High Family in even more dire financial conditions than D'ary himself. He obtained her by pretending interest in marrying her, and immediately enslaved her and began his experiments.

And he succeeded, but not exactly as he'd expected. Keres wakes one morning to find the wall of her prison gone, her bed torn to pieces, and deep scratches on her arms and face. Not one to look a gift horse--or demon? dragon?--in the mouth, Keres fled into the early morning. Unused to freedom, rain, cold, or strenuous exercise--and injured by the strange circumstances of her escape, as well as Cassidhe's ill treatment--Keres makes it only as far as the first dirt road through the countryside. There she loses consciousness, and there she is found by a traveler.

The man is a mercenary, a dual-wielder of swords, and--most of all--a loner. He has a tragic past of his own to deal with. His tribe had been at war with another, and during a midnight raid, the man--then only a child--watched his mother and sister murdered before his young eyes. But after it was too late, and when the boy stood in the blood of his family, his anger called a demon, and the child made a quick deal. The demon would give him the strength to avenge his mother and sister, and in return, the boy would house the demon in his mind and feed it with the blood of his enemies. And so, the man now lives with a demon in his head, whispering bloody sweet nothings in his ear constantly. He has learned to control his bloodlust--most of the time--but he doesn't trust himself with anyone else, so he travels alone.

Until he finds a young woman passed out and injured in the road.

---

The setting is a medieval sort of fantasy setting, minus magic of any kind, beyond the traveler's demon and Keres's brush with the supernatural.

My character would be Keres. Yours would be the traveler. I'd like for him to be the gruff, distant type, rather bitter about his past and not a big fan of people in general. I'd also like him to be--as flawed as he is with his bloodlust demon--a good man, and one who will come to care about and want to help Keres. But this is flexible. As detailed as this plot synopsis is, I'm not in the habit of telling people how to play a character. Even the backstory for him is very, very changeable.

Lots of potential in this one for a quest-like plot--if, for example, Keres and the traveler decide to try and reclaim the eight objects before Cassidhe can.

There'd also potentially be a space available for someone to play Cassidhe as a guest appearance now and then.

Beauty and the Beast

Currently underway with Krule: Click here

This is a dangerous world for the different. There is no magic here, not really, just starving peasants under the thumb of wealthy nobleman who did nothing to earn what they have--other than be born to the right family. The people, oppressed and struggling to survive day to day, needed something to believe in. And so they cling to superstitions of a God and a Devil ... demons and angels ... heaven and hell. Which is fine, as long as no innocent is caught in the crossfire. But where the supernatural is missing, desperate minds can create what is not there.

And so we have a town much like any other of the time period, populated by a few wealthy families, and a lot of poor ones. Not far from the borders of the town, there's a castle on a hill. It's old and crumbling--but not uninhabited. It is the dwelling of the Beast, though of course, no one would call him that--especially not to his face. Not that anyone's seen his face for more than a fleeting moment in years. He's a solitary man, bitter and angry due to some slight that no one remembers but himself. For the most part, he keeps to the ruins of his castle, spending very little of his fortune, and venturing to town only when he must. He keeps only one servant, an aging coachman whose personality died many years prior if he ever had one at all. And so the Beast lurks in his dark and progressively more filthy castle, brooding, hating and seething against humanity as a whole. A handsome enough man physically, his soul is deformed by years of self-imposed isolation.

For a story to occur, we must rely on a coincidence to start us off. And so, on one miserably stormy night, we find a woman--barely a woman, really, seventeen years of age--running for her life. In pursuit is an angry mob, waving guttering torches and carrying stones in their fists. She's been running for some time, her dress--an expensive gown of dark blue--spattered by mud. She might be bleeding. It's hard to tell in the driving rain. She doesn't know where she's running to, only that if she stops, they'll kill her. She finds herself at the gates of the Beast's dwelling. He is not one for locks or heavy gates. After all, no one would be fool enough to disturb him. But our Beauty knows nothing of the Beast. She knows only that the mob stops when they reach the gate, leaving her to flee across a courtyard of slowly disintegrating gargoyles and push her way through the imposing front door and into the dark castle.

---

Your character would be the Beast. Completely up to you what you want to do with him. Completely up to you to decide why he's secluded himself, what he's so angry about, and how he handles the sudden appearance of a soaked, injured and baffled Beauty in his castle.

My character will be Beauty. Though her name is actually Winter.

To me, this is less a plot, and more of a starting point. I would like it to include a D/s dynamic between Beauty and the Beast. This dynamic will likely at least start out abusive, given Beast's personality. It may, if you wish, include aspects of non-consensual sexual interaction. That's completely up to you. However, be aware that I love stories of redemption. It is my fond hope that Beast will come to care for Beauty, much like in the original story, and thus be 'transformed.' However, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Be true to the character you design, and I'd like to take a good long while to get to that point, if it ever does. There's also all sorts of lovely subtext as far as "Who is the real beast?" based upon Winter's backstory, and how she came to be fleeing an angry mob bent on stoning her.

The Whistle

Currently underway with Jeremiahh: Click here

The eccentric man had been a surgeon. One of the best neurosurgeons in the country, in fact. As such, his work had been in high demand, allowing him to pay off his school debt, build his dream house, bank a rather sizable fortune, and still retire at a relatively early age. And a good thing, too. If he hadn't retired when he did, the surgeon would have gotten very little use out of his retirement. At age 55, he is found dead--a massive coronary taking him right on the 18th hole of a rather successful day of golf.

The surgeon hadn't been much for family. Or for anyone, really, other than himself and his money. As a result, he left everything he owned to the only living relative he had that he knew of, a nephew that he saw so seldom that he'd not had a chance to learn to hate him yet. A large sum of money, as well as the surgeon's home, came into the hands of this rather shocked nephew. Not to be unseated from his title of 'eccentric,' there were some strange instructions and stipulations listed in the will. First of all, to lay claim to the full sum of money, the nephew had to live in the house for a period no less than one month. Second of all, the nephew was given a strange whistle, wrapped in a piece of paper that gave instructions to blow into the whistle upon entering the house for the first time.

And perhaps 'house' was putting it lightly. 'Manor' would likely fit better. The surgeon's home--designed and built to his exacting specifications--was huge. An imposing monstrosity modeled to look like an ancient manor house, the interior decorated to look just as old. The result was a hulking edifice of stone that looked like it'd been there since the dawn of time, when it was really only slightly more than a decade in age. The surgeon had kept the home with the help of a maid who came in several times a week to dust and clean as needed. Beyond that, the old man lived alone. Or, at least, everyone thought he had.

When the nephew arrives at the Manor a week or so after the surgeon's death, he'll be finding out otherwise. He'll discover that his uncle had a secret, and her name is Caethes.

---

Your character will be the nephew. His personality is completely up to you. The setting is modern, though if you'd like to play him as a werewolf or vampire, that's fine with me.

My character will be Caethes, the girl that the surgeon kept captive in his home.

I'd love for this one to have elements of D/s to it. Beyond that I'm really open to whatever, as long as it doesn't break my limits. :)
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Krule

Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairy tails, based on your discription, it would be a non magicial version, which is fine, and I love redemption stories myself..  The Whistle is also rather interesting.

jisko888

I'm greatly interested in the Whistle story, if nothing else than I like stories where regular people get thrown into weird situations.

Storiwyr

Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

zebratomahawk

just posting to say how much I like your first concept. a great idea.

Storiwyr

Thank you. :) And it's taken now. More ideas later, I'm sure. XD

Shexayxx

Hey,
I love your story ideas, I'll be very interested in reading them!
Ar lan y môr mae rhosys cochion
Ar lan y môr mae lilis gwynion
Ar lan y môr mae \'nghariad inne
Yn cysgu\'r nos a chodi\'r bore. - A Welsh love song...the best kind of love song there is ;)

Sugarman (hal)

I think we have like minds, but all your ideas have a line running through them. This indicates... taken games?
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Storiwyr

Yes, but I'm open for accepting more games if people have suggestions, or want to work with me on a plot. :) I also have another idea that I just haven't finalized yet in my head.

Shexayxx

Just a random question but are you from wales by any chance?

As your name in welsh means "storytellers" ! Sorry that was very random!
Yn cysgu\'r nos a chodi\'r bore. - A Welsh love song...the best kind of love song there is ;)

Storiwyr

*laughs*

No, I'm not from Wales. I just studied the language in school and fell in love with it. I kind of had a natural flair for it, and got to be quite good. Of course, given the utter lack of anyone to practice with in the States ... I'm pretty rusty now.

And yes. That's how I chose my name. :) I just liked the sound/look of storiwyr over storiwr. And figured most people wouldn't know the difference, let alone what either of them meant. ;)

Shexayxx

Wow that's great :D

It's always fantastic to know people use the language and enjoy it...in Wales it's a constant battle to keep it alive :)

Enw hyfryd ;)

Storiwyr

Neroon

The "Incorrigible" scenario seems very interesting, especially with the notes you have left about how you have played it in the past.  I'd love to give it a go if you're willing.

Best,

N.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Storiwyr

Glutton for punishment that I am ... one more added. XD