News:

Main Menu

Your favorite Teas?

Started by LilySnape, September 02, 2011, 09:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySnape

Well, I'm part British, and I'm afraid I match the stereotype: I love tea and ketchup to death!  Two things I cannot live without, besides potatoes (I'm also Irish, go figure).
So, what is your favorite tea/teas?  Mine are mainly herbals, mint, and peach.  Peach tea is something I will never get over.  <3 I had a lovely tea from Peet's too...I think it was a White...Leopard tea?  I don't know, but it was delicious.[color]
I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensare the senses.
~ Severus Snape

undisclosedtoyou

Mmm, Peach Ginger is my favorite!  It's so sweet and delicious that you don't even need to add sugar.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LilySnape

Ohh that sounds good!  I love peach in seemingly everything but the actual fruit.  Tea, pie, jello, candy... ( :
~ Severus Snape

undisclosedtoyou

It's definitely one of those 'goes with everything' fruits!  It's a gateway Fruit!  :o
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Reagan

Strong tea you can stand a spoon in, PG Tips or Yorkshire.

I also like jasmine scented green tea and peppermint with liquorice.

Peach would no doubt be far too sweet for me but ginger sounds good.

Tschel23

My favorite tea is Stash's Double Bergamot Earl Grey...Soooo goood!
'Oh, just to be in the warm glow of all this testosterone.' Farscape: Aeryn Sun Episode: Family Ties

Lilias

I use the word 'tea' loosely, as a lot of my favourite infusions are just fruit or herbal blends, without actual tea. I have them all the same way, though - hot and neat, with the single exception of chai, which demands generosity with the milk.

In rough order of preference:

Twinings Chai
Good Earth Organic White Tea with Sweet Citrus
Twinings Morning Detox
Any blend from the Twinings Mixed Berry Selection
Lipton Cinnamon Apple
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

undisclosedtoyou

The green tea mentioned by Lilias reminds me that I love ice cold green tea drinks with caramel sauce blended in.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

LilySnape

Ohh Pomegranate tea is delicious.  That Blackberry White tea sounds good too. :D Do you order them online?
~ Severus Snape

Jag

I live near a TeaCo store, so I don't have to wait for shipments. ^__^

gaggedLouise

Berry and spice scented teas: ginger, blackberry, blackcurrant, bergamot, orange and the like (single or in various mixtures). And Chai Assam, Jasmine and Earl Grey. Nothing like feeling the soft, enticing taste of tea.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

LilySnape

@Michi: Ohh lucky!! O: The closest place for me is Peet's; they actually sell some nice tea.  I never go to Starbucks for anything, Peet's is the best!
~ Severus Snape

Keelan

Hm... I drink my fair share of tea... might as well mention what I drink too! :3

Irish Breakfast Tea (Typically Twinnings, taken with milk)
Charleston Breakfast Tea (Taken with milk too)
Twinnings Lady Grey (Taken with - guess what? - Milk!)
Island Green Mint Tea (Drink it as is; quite good!)
Celesital Lemon Zinger Herbal 'Tea' (Typically add lemon juice)

And, because of where I was raised, I also boil Lipton tea to make sweet tea the consistency of syrup, because that's how it's supposed to be made! ^.^

Beyond that, I'm still looking for a good infusion or herbal 'tea' as more of a 'dessert' tea... any suggestions?

setphaserstofun

There's a British stereotype around ketchup? I never knew this.. Although you can't have a bacon sarnie without. Mm..

For my birthday I had a box of various Green Tea bought for me and I had a lovely Green tea with Apples and Pears one day and an even better Green Tea with Orange and Lotus Flower the day before..

Although you still can't beat English Breakfast tea =D

Martee

I grew up a coffee drinker, and didn't find a taste for tea until well into my twenties. I find I prefer teas with strong flavor - the mild ones just don't do it for me. Unfortunately, I have to limit my caffeine intake (what a curse), so most of my daily tea drinking is limited to fruit-infusions. Cranberry apple is my staple, but I do love a piping cup of lemon tea every so often.

Earl Grey is good, although I prefer the stronger citrus notes of Lady Grey. And my absolute favorite is Wuyi Oolong from the Republic of Tea.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

LilySnape

Quote from: russ on September 04, 2011, 07:52:32 AM
There's a British stereotype around ketchup? I never knew this.. Although you can't have a bacon sarnie without. Mm..

I suppose it's not really a stereotype that people joke about as much, but we definitetly use it a lot.  You know, on sausages, mashed potatoes, you can always find it on the table.  I can literally have it with almost anything. (:
~ Severus Snape

undisclosedtoyou

How do you know what types of tea would taste good with milk?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jag

I've noticed most people pair milk with black tea and rooibos. Black tea because it's very coffee like in some ways and rooibos, *shrugs*, cause they do.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 04, 2011, 04:57:07 PM
I've noticed most people pair milk with black tea and rooibos. Black tea because it's very coffee like in some ways and rooibos, *shrugs*, cause they do.

Now...if a black tea is also fruity, can you still add milk?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jag

I think it's a personal taste thing. Try it. If you don't like it, then don't do it again. ^__^

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 04, 2011, 05:11:45 PM
I think it's a personal taste thing. Try it. If you don't like it, then don't do it again. ^__^

Hahahahaa yeah this made me giggle.  But yeah, you're right.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kuroneko

Rooibos
Jasmine (black and green)
English Breakfast
Irish Breakfast
Her Majesty's Blend (which I'm out of and can't seem to find anywhere anymore, not even directly from Ridgeways :( )
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

LilySnape

I hardly ever have milk with my tea, I just prefer the flavor un-messed with.  I do however love Bubble milk tea, a variation of Boba tea.  It's a Asian drink that combines flavored teas with varying sizes of tapioca balls in the bottom.  You suck them up with a large straw.  I absolutely love the Black milk tea: Black tea with milk and boba added (the tapioca). :)
~ Severus Snape

Raven11

Super Dieters Tea (dunno why, just love how it taste lol), green tea, sweet tea, herbal tea, peppermint tea.
We're all fucked up in some way, we all could use some help, so follow me