Interest check ONLY: Fate/stay Night "sequel" [UN] (Modern mythological fantasy)

Started by Karma, November 01, 2009, 07:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuukun

Alright, the following is a list I put together to illustrate what people I could envision as Servants. The names in the bracers is what I thought up as possible Noble Phantasms or how they could fight). Some could be summoned as another class as well, like, say, Leonidas or Musashi could also be Sabers, for example.

Saber
Jeanne d'Arc
Siegfried (Sword Gram)
Hua Mulan
Beowulf
Hyppolyta (Belt of Ares)

Rider
Alexander the Great
Icarus (Wings of Icarus)
Buffalo Bill
Genghis Khan
Davy Jones

Archer
Robin Hood
William Tell
Cleopatra (including a horse-carriage)

Berserker
Headless Horseman, Dullahan
Enkidu
Samson

Caster
Vlad the Impaler (Necromancer+Blood)
Remus
Prometheus (God's fire)
Faust (Warlock)

Assassin
Miyamoto Musashi
Laertes (from Hamlet)
Sindbad
Zorro

Lancer
Leonidas
Achilles
Guan Yu

I'd like to note here that I would really much like to play Jeanne d'Arc as a Saber.

Incidentally though, going by the rules of summoning, you could pretty much summon ANY fictional character. Meaning you could probably summon Batman or Superman to fight for you. But then again, that would be kind of silly, right?

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Professor Loki Caprion

Oddly enough... I may actually want to play a Servant in this! Yes, I know the setting relatively well and I'm more of a Dom, but Servants can just do cooler crap!

Especially if I can be an Archer-Class Doc Holiday or Billy the Kid!
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Chuukun

Hmm, I'm not saying it is impossible, but if I recall correctly, the class Archer was desribed as:

Quote"Archer. Master of the bow."

So I'm not sure if a gun or revolver would qualify =D

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Chuukun on November 02, 2009, 02:55:01 PM
Hmm, I'm not saying it is impossible, but if I recall correctly, the class Archer was desribed as:

"Archer. Master of the bow."

So I'm not sure if a gun or revolver would qualify =D

True, but didn't archer in the series use almost everything but a bow? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Chuukun

Hmm, actually, you have a very good point there. But Archer was noted to be very Archer-unlike. Yet Gilgamesh was also only classified as an Archer because he fired his weapons out of his vault. Forgot that.

Okay, so I'd say revolvers are valid, although admittedly a bit of a game breaker. After all, who would bring a gun to a swordfight? ^^

As I said before, if anyone is interested in reading the novel, PM me and I'll arrange it. ^_^

Niki315

Well, if you have something set up to read the novel I'd be happy to try it.  I just haven't gotten it to work so far.
Also, I planned to use Che Guevara as an Archer in my game and he used a rifle. ^^  I figured that the intense powers of the ether were enough to increase the powers of the servants by enough to make bullets non-game-breaking.  Also, Archer could throw his weapons like Gilgamesh, and I believe he does have a bow and arrow he uses in one of the story lines.
I'll look up my notes from the Fate/Stay Rp I was working on and see about sending them to you tomorrow.  You might like it ^^

Chuukun

Well, don't know if anyone read this, but in Fate/Zero, the prequel to Fate/Stay Night, the battles of the fourth Grail War were detailed. It included a servant who could make anything he touched into a noble phantasm. And yes, he used that on submachine guns and a F15J fighter jet.

Cassiopeia

Sweet!  Hyppolyta was one I already had in mind ^_^  If no one has any objections I'd love to play her!

Zadaris

Dullahan! The perfect specimen for a servant. Another that I think would make a good Rider Class would be El Sid.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Niki315

So it's looking like I'm going to be a Magus.  ^^ I'll start designing a concept and linking myself to one of the servants...

Transgirlenstein

I think I might play Elizabeth Bathory..not sure what type she will be yet

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Transgirlenstein

I will be the servant Elizabeth Bathory who is an assasain using charm abilities.  Better to charm people into her blood bath  >:)

Oni Kirin

So, wait...we have to RP as an actual pre-made Servant? I thought we got to make them up...

Chuukun

That's what we're doing, aren't we? The list I posted earlier were what I thought would make good Servants, as a suggestion to others.

By the way, when do you think this game can start, RiderKarma?

Niki315

I think once the Servants are determined, it'll be easier to make tie a Magus to each of them.  A Magus that summons a Servant is usually tied, in some way, to the Servant, so we'd have to come up with those eventually.
My suggestion:  Servants should start working out characters right away and specify what sort of master or player they would like to work with.  From there, the Masters can be made and then the game can start.  Otherwise, making all Servants or all Masters would work a little faster...

DeviantMunster

I'd also be interested in making a character, though I see Jeanne's been called already! I was thinking maybe playing as either an Archer character (Lady Mary Killingrew) or a Saber servant (Brynhildr).

Welcome, Deviant! Yes, you do get to choose your Servant. I would strongly prefer you choose real (or close to) historical figures, and if not, create enough of a history that you can back it up in any situation. Again, I don't want multiple of one class as that would be confusing for obvious reasons. Niki's right that it would be helpful for the Servants to be ready first, as the magi can be adapted to them far more easily than the reverse.

As for starting time, I'm not sure. It can probably start sooner if I set up some co-GMs, since I have things going on in my personal life that won't let me focus on this as much as I'd like to GM alone.

I've just finished reading Heaven's Feel, so I'm as familiar with the setting now as I can reasonably be, and I'd like a co-GM to be on that sort of level with me. Hit me up in PMs if you think you're up to it! :)

TheWriter

I'm interested if there's still room, either as a master or servant.  If Karma's intent on keeping it in the Nasuverse, I've got an interesting idea for a Caster who, depending on how much rulebending Karma can tolerate, could work equally well as a Berserker.  If not, I'm a Sanguo and Feudal fanatic; I'll find someone.

DeviantMunster

I'm unsure what classes have been chosen yet, precisely. Or what are left! As for historical... there aren't exactly an amazing amount of females in history, and considering Hercules, Arthur, the greek magician (can't recall her name at the moment!), and a completely non-history related character (Archer) were present in the series, I don't see why Brynhildr couldn't be present! If you have any other suggestions though, please tell ! My mind isn't as creative as I'd like.

Let's get a rundown of confirmed characters so we can fix any multiples now. I'm not dead set on Zhuge Liang as Caster, since that was just a passing concept for me as I watched Red Cliff. I know Trip is using Bathory/Assassin, so who else has chosen?