rose's garden [ not currently seeking partners ]

Started by roseliaaureate, August 12, 2018, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roseliaaureate

family emergency took me away for a while, but i've returned.

hello everyone, and welcome to the new and (hopefully) improved rose garden! i'm your, ah, host? sure, let's go with that - roselie aureate! it's great to be here, and i hope you find something that interests you.

(yes, i went and spelled my user name wrong. i'm hoping to get that fixed, but i don't like to bother people for something so small. hngh.)

first things first, have a look through my o/os the link to my o/os don't work any longer, but that's okay, i've posted a version of them below, so go ahead and look through them and make sure we'll jive. otherwise, feel free to browse. if anything catches your interest, or if you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me.

let's go on to concepts and ideas i've had.

roseliaaureate

i generally focus on nebulous concepts rather than straight up plots, or character types, i want to play, or i want to have played for me. i think not knowing about your character before hand is more interesting, as character development is really what drives a story and roleplay for me. if i know everything beforehand, where else is there left to go?

let it be known that i generally play very normal women however. not models, not goddesses. normal people in extraordinary circumstances is way more interesting to me. i describe - i don't use pictures.

or shortstacks. some times, i also play very tall, very muscular women - big buff babes. it depends on the story and what inspires me. but i just love to play me some normal women in fantastical situations.

also, i like to play women with cake. otherwise known as women who are thicc. just as an fyi - none of my characters will be skinny.

all plots, unless stated otherwise, are made with polyandrous relationships in mind, though of course that's not absolutely required. in that case, i am more than happy to play (at least) one of the men (if the relationship becomes more than two men) as well as the woman. standard mf relationship is next of interest to me. i will rarely if ever do mm or ff.

i do not do super serious or dark rps, either. i like things to be fun and comedic sometimes.
i don't really bother with whether i play 'submissive' or 'dominant'. my characters may be shy or outgoing, but in the moment they will act how they will act, and i find putting labels like submissive or dominant on anyone really constrains things.
plot over smut. i understand and am absolutely fine - even looking forward to - writing the sexual relationship, but for me, smut is not the end-all, be-all point of finding a writing partner.

search status: not currently looking for partners
craving: selkie x sailor(s) ; light in the darkness
[/s]

sorry there's not a lot here right now, but i'm more of a nebulous concept person.

Stand By You

medieval fantasy OR modern/historical fantasy (could meld the two, see note at end)
my role: the powerful companion
your role:the 'master' (note: not master as in a dom/sub/bdsm relationship)
(to more easily describe the concept, i am going to write it as if it were medieval fantasy, however it could take place in any type of fantasy setting. in the same vein, i describe the 'master' character as a marauder, but this does NOT have to be your character type. again, this is just to describe the concept more easily.)
to be perfectly honest, his men only tolerate him because his (completely unearned) reputation makes him more successful than most. it's poor villages they raid, so they never come against anyone too powerful, and he keeps his men fed. that's enough, for now.
all true up until they raided that -one- village - the village -she- was protecting. a hellcat of the highest order, she gave their boss a walloping that would have shamed others. but he and his men don't play fair, and when it was one vs twenty, well... she backed down. she had to.
he was amused by her. said he wouldn't raid the village if they'd give him food. she made a counter offer - take her on and leave the village alone. he accepted.
to the group's chagrin, she became his 'right hand man' very quickly, given that she could beat two or three of them at a time.
it's during this time - getting to know the leader of this band of outlaws - that she comes to find a strange respect for him despite his ways and his lack of physical power. oh, his men whisper around camp about what happens when the lanterns are low and she's brought to his tent - but it's never what they think, at least not in the beginning.
(whether the 'master' knows he's weak is up to you. as for how this could happen in multiple times, this idea is actually just a generalization of an old shaman king plot i used to want to rp. for those that don't know, shaman king is an rp where certain people in the 'modern' world can attune with historical spirits and gain powers through them. 'what does this have to do with anything', you're asking?
consider: as the relationship develops and the two begin to love and trust one another, becoming truly devoted to one another, another powerful figure enters the scene - a do-gooder wanting to put a stop to this bandit's ways. this hero is truly powerful as well - but for whatever reason, the bandit goes to meet them, and is summarily cut down. desiring revenge, his protector goes after this 'hero' - and in an intense battle, ends them, but is left with a fatal wound herself.
the end? not at all - for the moment they step into the bright light, the master and his stalwart protector - and maybe the misguided hero as well - either wake up as spirits, bound to certain people in the modern world, or are simply reincarnated in the modern world, and have to find each other again.)

Stand By You: RE:mix

medieval fantasy
my role: the hero/'master' (note: not master as in a dom/sub/bdsm relationship)
your role: the antagonist (think mini-villain instead of actual villain)
(to more easily describe the concept, i am going to write it as if it were medieval fantasy, however it could take place in any type of fantasy setting. in the same vein, i describe the 'antagonist' character as a marauder, but this does NOT have to be your character type. again, this is just to describe the concept more easily.)
it's on the road to greatness that the two meet - the hero, the do-gooder, on their way to power and riches, fame and fortune, and the bandit who thought it'd be a good idea to set up a toll bridge.
well, it's not such a good idea when the bridge has broken under the bandit's feet and now he's clinging to the cliff face, very close to meeting his maker.
and what's the hero doing? why, trying to get him back up on solid ground, of course. and when they've successfully managed to pull him up, well - nothing to it but to become the hero's bodyguard and most stalwart of companion. after all, they could have let him die.
(plot stolen shamelessly from dq11 and yangus' backstory. cor blimey!
bonus points if my character/the hero is masquerading as a male, for whatever reason, and your character doesn't find out for some time.)

Silence

medieval fantasy
my role: either songbird or owner, opposite of what you choose
your role: either owner or songbird. if other roles are of interest, please let me know! this is a fairly open setting/idea.
long ago and far away this bustling city was the home of a famous bard college. many people came and went to learn the mastering of music and magic, and eventually there rose to power a king steeped in such. alas, the king, during his rule, wanted more and more power, more and more subjects - more and more slaves. so in a fit of insanity, he used his powers to manipulate people into doing his every bidding, and before he was struck down, was slowly taking over the countryside outside his city piece by piece, with a view of taking over the world.
the city recovered - somewhat. years after his rule, and after much consideration, they decided something like that should never happen again. such magic - specifically the magic tied to music and thus to men's hearts - and those that wielded it could not be allowed to roam free.
so they took the bards in town, and they watched carefully all newborns and people that came to town for a sign of ability in both magic and music - and they made special implements. manacles made to hamper a bard's arms fully, so that they could neither make motions nor play an instrument. and they perfected collars that humanely inhibited a bard's charming, manipulative speech. and for the most talented, the most dangerous, beautifully carved masks in the shape of birds - so that not even a look can sway or steal a heart.
in the city of silence, bards are kept, but as dangerous songbirds, their mere presence and sight meant to speak a warning to all: such magic that can pull at men's hearts and minds as only a bard's music can will not be tolerated.

Light in the Darkness

medieval fantasy OR modern fantasy
my role: the 'light' - the heroine
your role: the 'darkness' - the villain
the overarching idea is that the villain is brought back to the side of good by the heroine's efforts (and potentially her love). the surrounding plot, however, is ripe for creativity. are they childhood friends or rivals? does she meet him after his plans have failed and he is imprisoned, awaiting judgement? perhaps he's caught her, taking her on a long journey to some place of power for some nefarious purpose - but on the way, she is subtly changing him for the better. these are just a few of the ideas i've had and none need be used if you've idea(s) of your own.

Seraph and Sin Sandwich Shoppe

medieval fantasy OR modern fantasy
my role: the mortal
your role: the angel and/or demon
inspired by a writing prompt seen a while back - 'while putting your favorite condiment on a sandwich, you accidentally make a magical occult symbol and summon a demon'. someone went into greater detail and talked about how more and more demons came for these delicious sandwiches, but angels were called in to check out the sudden demonic influx. the sandwich-maker declared the area a neutral zone, no fighting, and in so doing, brought some angels and demons together. the plot is essentially that - a shop-owner accidentally summons an angel or demon and they continue to return for the food and the company. this is a good plot for an mmf relationship and i likely won't take much interest if only an mf relationship with one or the other is considered.

Cleaning House

modern fantasy; think something like 'what we do in the shadows'; could be done medieval fantasy
my role: the hired human maid
your role: the werewolf(ves). the vampire(s). the ghost(s), or frankenstein(s) - whatever type of monster you think would be most interesting. could even be something more medieval fantasy monster; or non-'american mythology'.

Pairings

bolded = my role
if neither is bolded, i will play either role.

thief x victim (modern fantasy or medieval fantasy)
thief x guard (medieval fantasy)
servant x royalty (medieval fantasy)
selkie x sailor (modern fantasy or medieval fantasy)
carnival (modern fantasy or medieval fantasy ; NOT dark ; cute clowns accepted - i ain't want nothin' to do with your pennywises or creepy shit like that)
god(dess) x believer
woodcarver/cutter x dryad (medieval fantasy) (based on this SFW imgur album)
royal x fool/jester (medieval fantasy)
thief x royal (medieval fantasy)

all pairings could be made into an mmf pairing with the addition of a secondary character - say a second thief, sailor, or whatever.

Fandoms

indicate interest with number, 5 being highest, 1 being lowest.
world of warcraft - no canons really preferred, though yes, i do have characters i love. i don't have a currently active sub but i love the world and lore. i generally play horde side, and i love cross-faction. make love, not warcraft~
final fantasy 14 - same as above, but i do have an active sub. and lots, i mean -lots- of alts.

here is a list of canon characters i like from both mmos. this is NOT a list so people can play them for me, i don't require that - i don't really play female canons, so i don't ask people to play male canons for me, it's unfair and i realize that. c: this list is ONLY for informational purposes - so you can see what kind of characters i like.
just because a character of a certain race isn't listed doesn't mean i don't like that race.

world of warcraft - velen (i like old goats and i cannot lie) ; illidan ; malfurion ; xavius ; oculeth ; runas ; gallywix (no bulli) ; gazlowe ; genn ; varian ; anduin ; grommash ; gul'dan ; saurfang ; blackhand ; garrosh ; rexxar ; chen stormstout ; zul'jin ; vol'jin ; zekhan

final fantasy 14 - alphinaud and alisae (I LIKE THEM AS SWEET CHARACTERS, obviously i do not lust after 16 year olds, if anything WERE to involve them they would be 18+) ; thancred ; urianger ; louisoix ; aymeric ; merlwyb ; raubahn ; cid ; emet-selch ; gaius ; grynewaht (NO BULLI) ; fordola ; buscarron ; momodi ; sokzagyl ; baderon ; eynzahr ; carvallain ; alka zolka ; curious gorge ; ilberd ; hien ; gosetsu ; tansui ; magni ; hildibrand ; titan ; garuda ; ramuh

Creatures

just a list of fantasy races and creatures and such i wouldn't mind seeing in RP. bolded means creatures i would also enjoy playing. sentient (able to communicate in some way) animals are also acceptable, or humanoid versions of the more animalistic creatures.
this is by no means an exhaustive list. always feel free to ask!
kirin ; jackalope ; peryton ; kelpie ; selkie/merpeople ; griffin ; harpy ; tengu ; minotaur ; oni ; werebeasts ; faun/satyr ; centaur ; hippogriff ; pegasi ; unicorn ; sphinx ; bigfoot ; yeti ; dragon ; lamia/naga ; gorgon ; dullahan ; lich ; nymph ; djinn ; leprechaun ; vampire ; gargoyle ; giant ; ghost ; bugbear ; dwarf ; goblin ; halfling ; hobgoblin ; lizardfolk ; imp ; cyclopi ; (sapient) undead

Character Info

generally, since i don't like to be told specifically who and what to play (you know, name, hair and eye color, personality details, all that), i don't like to do the same to other people. that said, i do have certain tropes that interest me about 99% of the time.
the biggest is someone who is DOWN and OUT - someone who doesn't think much of themselves, someone who has the short end of the stick. someone who needs to be taken care of, in other words. not someone broken, who needs fixing, per say - but i'm a sucker for loving the underdog, that sort of thing. someone who is a knife's edge away from losing all hope, and needs a spark.
call me a gushy, eternal optimist, but i love to play the guiding light for that type of character - the person who engenders hope in them.

roseliaaureate

cultivars ✽ rose's o/os

Introduction

hopefully this post will give everyone looking to write with me a little more insight into my styles and preferences, which is always a good thing, right?

so to start off with, a little introduction. i've been writing, both solo and collaboratively, for a pretty long time. like, aol days. angelfire, geocities. horse and wolf roleplays. neopets. gaia online.

yeah.

don't let my blasé disregard of the shift key scare you off. this is not the way i write when i roleplay; i am fastidious with my grammar and punctuation and all that - well, as much as i can be anyway. we all make mistakes, and i'm not a devil about it. as long as i can understand what you're trying to say, i'll probably be alright with you - though i do appreciate an attempt at "literacy".

to start us off, my writing style. i'll be perfectly honest - it can be all over the place. sometimes i'm very verbose; other days i say exactly what i mean to say and that's it. i wibble-wobble between tenses. but i'm very serious about my writing, and i put as much effort as i possibly can into every bit of it that i do.

i'm not too crazy about setting a limit on paragraphs. there are times when just a sentence or a quick response will do, and works better than paragraphs of details that don't really matter. that said, of course i really dislike putting in a lot of effort, writing those paragraphs, and then only getting back a sentence or two every time. please, don't do that. i'll just assume you have no interest and i'll call the rp there.

i also cannot promise to reply every day. i have creative commitments (tabletops) on wednesdays and saturdays and i will not reply to roleplays on those days, unless those commitments have been canceled. i also suffer from both mental and physical ailments which will sometimes keep me from replying. i apologize for those times, but i request understanding. i of course will not expect a reply every day myself.

ooc communication is a must. we may not become the best of friends, but if i feel i cannot talk to you ooc, then i will be a nervous wreck during the rp, and i just can't do that to myself. i have to have some semblance of the person on the other end of the screen. i'll still probably feel like i'm a constant bother (that's just the type of anxiety-riddled person i am), but it will be easier for me and i won't worry half as much if i feel i can drop you an ooc line should the need arise. i also do love chit-chat with my writing partners, so don't be afraid to start a conversation outside of the rp! with that in mind, i'm happily married. my partner knows what i write and rp and has no problem with it, but i do say that here so intentions will not be misconstrued. i will make dirty jokes, i may use pet names, but i am not looking for a romantic or sexual relationship of any kind.

i prefer roleplay by pms, but i can be coaxed into forum posts as well. just a slight preference.

i will rp just about any type of relationship, though i do have my preferences (which i will talk about in another post). character is above and beyond the thing that drives me in any type of media, whether i'm writing, watching a show or movie, or reading a story. plot is absolutely secondary to me. i will also go more into this later.

i rarely play canon characters, and so for that reason, i rarely ask they be played for me. there are a few rare exceptions, but i just don't feel it's fair otherwise. i may enjoy using a fandom's world, however, as platform for plotting.

Roses (Ons)

now of course, there's more to me than just what i'll post here. but these are the big ones. feel free to ask for more detail, and if it's not listed here (or in my off section), then feel free to ask about it or suggest! worst i can say is no.

mmf/polyandrous relationships. i am more than happy playing one of the men as well as the woman. what most interests me is an -actual working polyandrous relationship- - a loving relationship, not just a train run on a gal (though that's fun too). men willing to test bisexual waters is extra delightful, though not necessarily required. (also not required but delightful - pegging. please let my girl peg your guy.) (i currently have no interest in polygamous (men with multiple women) relationships.)

pregnancy and most that comes with it. fertility, breeding - forced, planned, or not doesn't really matter. it doesn't even have to really lead to anything, just the thought of the potential, or it being said - "i'm going to put a baby in you" or similar - is enough. though i also don't mind lactation and milk-drinking.

"monster" x human. that doesn't mean the monster has to act monstrous, of course. if you prefer - non-humans x human. then again, there are some races i will have to be sold on (elves and half-elves, for instance). non-human penis types are also perfectly fine.

original characters. i don't mean this like people use the term "oc". i mean interesting, engaging characters. subvert tropes. if you have a barbarian orc, for instance, you better have a good reason why he's a barbarian outside of "that's how it's done". it's not, and if you're too scared to write a good guy greenskin (just for example) because of tolkien, then we'll not get along. that said, i don't have many preferences when it comes to what a character looks like. i have odd physical taste. don't give me perfect and beautiful, i've no interest there. race doesn't matter. tall, short. skinny, normal, built, chubby. do you want to play a character with a big shnozz? buck teeth? or what about some kind of deformity? i'll probably be okay with that.

size difference. one of the main realities i tend to ignore in sexual based rp. give me a train, give me a mouse hole. i want to make it work.

audio. 'but rose, how can you list that when things will be text based?' because i love, love, LOVE the description of audio. dirty talk, moaning, tables or desks or beds rattling and creaking, headboards banging, etc. i will describe that sort of thing, but i also expect some description of it from my partner. quiet sex (unless it's trying to keep someone quiet because they're in a public/semi-public place) is no fun.

public/semi-public sex, trying to keep things quiet. yes, i know what i just listed above, but it DOES work. go after my gal while she's on the phone, trying to close a business deal or something, dig?

audiences. i think this speaks for itself. and i don't expect the audience to just be a sea of eyes, but participating in some way - egging on the one(s) being watched and perhaps even participating, if just with a hand. a hidden watcher can also be quite fun as well - not knowing someone's there, but they are, listening and watching and getting off to what's being done.

fantasy. of some type. realistic modern day rp is so boring to me. i live in the normal modern world. if you want things to take place "today", there better be a goblin running a bakery and a centaur post-person, s'all i'm saying.

accents. i just... i dig accents, and i dig harsh, rasping voices. like someone's been smoking three packs for twenty years.

though i don't consider these as "ons", per say, i will state that i do not mind drug use, bestiality/zoophilia or incest in writing. there are probably some other things i could list here, but i can't think of them off the top of my head.

Weeds (Offs)

why no maybes section? because i couldn't really think of anything that fit the bill. my offs are hard ones.

adultery. may seem like an odd first one, but i will not do any rp where adultery, cheating, or cuckolding is a theme. in any relationship with more than two people, everyone knows, everyone is accepting. that is all there is to it. if adultery is mentioned, then the person who perpetrated it better be getting their ass kicked and that's the only reason why it comes up in the rp; though i can and will use it as a starting off point for why my character is single - ie, 'the bastard cheated on me and we're divorced/done', whatever.

odd second one - no characters named russ/russell. that was my father's name and i just can't.

unrequited love, or 'one true love'. this isn't against monogamy - this is against 'well, i had one love, but they don't love me back/they died and i'll never love again'. i find it lazy and uncreative.

scat, bodily waste.

gore and non-sexual and super intense pain. (branding is about the highest i'll go in regards to pain and that's VERY rare occasions.)

vore.

heavy bdsm.

i may update this list later when i think of things - same with above, of course.

for now, we're done! congrats, you made it! i may add more to this post as i see fit.

roseliaaureate

pictures for inspiration
none belong to me unless otherwise stated

as stated, i do description and i don't use art or pictures, but i appreciate how they can be inspiration or help someone get to know better what type of setting or character i'm into
warning: way too many pictures, i'm so sorry for how many there are and how so many of them are so big
NO IMAGES ARE NSFW, though some may include shirtless men

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

roseliaaureate

way too many (sfw, maybe some shirtless guys) added to a pictures section, just so people can have an idea of things/types that spark my interest.

three plots added, slightly more in-depth: stand by you, stand by you:REmix and silence.
a new pairing added: god(dess) x believer
a setting added under pairings: carnival (not dark or creepy. actually nice carnival/circus). too many pairings to work with in such a setting so i've left that open.

off added: no characters named russ/russell. name of my late father. hopefully understandable why i don't want it popping up in relation to sexual antics.

both stand by you and strand by you:REmix were written late at night and need to be rewritten for coherency, but i blame pain meds and insomnia. i swear i write better than that.

expected future updates: writing samples!