Any Attack on Titan fans on here?

Started by Cherri, August 16, 2013, 12:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri

Recently got extremely hooked on this anime >.< I love everything about it!!

Just wanting to see if anyone else on here has seen it or is a fan :D

Sabby

fireisntaghost

I haven't watched anime in near on ten years, but Attack on Titan is incredible. Even none anime fans I know are starting to get obsessed with it. It's one of those once in a generation animes I think that goes above and beyond what you would expect.

Moraline

Is season 2 out? I loved the first season.

Sabby

DominantPoet

I love it, but I am sad that there's only 25 eppys and an OVA being done. It makes sense since by the time 25 comes out, they'll be catching up to the manga, but even so.

They're not going to be able to give the story any kind of actual resolution or anything, especially given where they are most likely to end the series. I imagine they're either going to change it to have an actual conclusion, which would probably ruin it like with Full Metal Alchemist, or they're going to leave it open like so many others (DearS comes to mind as one of the more infuriating ones, and especially Guyver)

At least the manga shall continue!

Relius

Quote from: DominantPoet on September 01, 2013, 11:20:39 AM
I love it, but I am sad that there's only 25 eppys and an OVA being done

They're also making a live action film, so you also have that to look forward too

DominantPoet

Quote from: Relius on September 01, 2013, 02:06:58 PM
They're also making a live action film, so you also have that to look forward too

True, but Japan is generally not the greatest at the live action adaptations of anime. Rurouni Kenshin is about the only one I've seen they did really well on. That's just my outlook on it though :)

Relius

Quote from: DominantPoet on September 01, 2013, 03:02:32 PM
True, but Japan is generally not the greatest at the live action adaptations of anime. Rurouni Kenshin is about the only one I've seen they did really well on. That's just my outlook on it though :)

Ah, I've only seen the Rurouni Kenshin film in terms of live action adaptations, so I have no idea :P

Moraline

Quote from: DominantPoet on September 01, 2013, 03:02:32 PM
I enjoyed Space Battleship Yamato.

They would do better though if they turned them into trilogies instead of one offs that don't have enough time to tell the full story of an anime. A short movie loses the depth of character and plot.

DominantPoet

Quote from: Relius on September 01, 2013, 03:10:24 PM
Ah, I've only seen the Rurouni Kenshin film in terms of live action adaptations, so I have no idea :P

One of the more prominent ones that should have easily been done was Initial D. It was a horrible, horrible mess. Blood wasn't too bad, but strayed from the original story and was nowhere near the level of the original OVA. Death Note was fairly blah, Shinobi, which was an adaptation of Basilisk, was laughable with how badly it messed the story up. The fight scenes were pretty good, but past that....

Cutie Honey was one of the more hilarious live action ones as well, just with how ridiculous everything ended up looking :)

One of the few anime characters I've seen pulled off well in Live Action, ironically enough, is the NA version of Guyver, but not the first movie, the second one. The suit they made in that for Guyver was amazing. Plus, lots of people love it since Sho is played by David Hayter, aka Solid Snake.