Looking for... (M/F, M/M, F/F)

Started by Ghostphoenix713, January 14, 2013, 11:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostphoenix713

...Just about anything. I'm really just trying to get the ball rolling. I'd love to use some of my original characters listed in my Ons and Offs (link found in my signature). I'm open to any and all scene ideas, I love to plot with others. I'm looking mostly for original story rather than canon unless you can really interest me. I'll add more to this when I have a few great scenes in mind, though one I have in mind is below. Also, if anyone has read Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines, I'd love to play an OC in that universe. Let me know what interests you either through comments here or PMs. I prefer to RP on here since I'll be able to update at work as well, though I'll do e-mail and possibly MSN as well. I favor a multi-paragraph style with great dialogue, but if you can pull off great detail in five lines that works for me as well. Anyway, onto the scene I was thinking of.

UPDATE!!
I am currently not looking for any more games. Unless you and I are still planning one, I will not be looking to start anything new. I'll update this when I start looking again.

The Heist

Felix was a thief, a damn good one if you asked him. It helped that he could just step into a shadow and be wherever he wanted. He'd walked out of the most secure vaults and buildings in Europe without a trace of evidence, earning him the moniker "Der Geist der Berlin" or "The Ghost of Berlin." One heist, though, was giving him trouble. It seemed someone had found out what his trick was and decided to try and counteract him by lighting the vault up like the noonday sun. Felix would have none of this and vowed that he would steal whatever it was that warranted such security measures. As far as he knew, none of the people he liked to steal from knew of his abilities, so what gave this mark an edge?

The plan was simple, he'd knock out the electricity at the local power plant and, while the emergency backup took its sweet time kicking on, he'd simply stroll into the vault and stroll out with whatever his prize might be.

Opportunities for partners could be:
The owner of the vault, waiting for Felix to arrive and planning an ambush. Can be either male or female.
Security, stumbling on Felix when they go to secure the vault during the black out. Could also be male or female.
A rival thief, trying to steal the same thing, albeit by much more mundane means. Preferably female.
Anything else that might make sense in the scene.

Another idea that's been floating around is in the Libriomancer universe. If this interests you at all and you aren't familiar with the book, PM me or comment on this thread and I will be happy to tell you about it to get you up to speed. The character is still under development, I'll add him to my roster on my O/O thread later on when I've got a definite feel for him. Basically, he's a 20-something with access to the magic known as Libriomancy. Anyway, here's the prompt (which is subject to change).

Libriomancer
While working for a publishing house had always been a dream for Ivan, working as a copy editor had not been part of that dream. It was truly appalling how bad some established authors' grammar and spelling was. He knew that his work as a Porter was important, flagging new books before they hit the shelves for potential problems down the road, getting the really serious ones put on the back burner until enough edits could be made to make it so it wouldn't be a danger to humanity as a whole. He shook his head and removed his glasses to rub at his eyes. He'd just finished his second read through of a manuscript for an up and coming author that hadn't been that bad as far as grammar and spelling went, but he was really over descriptive. The next time through would be marking in red all the spots where improvements could be made, but for the moment Ivan was content taking a little break.

He pulled a battered paperback from his pocket and flipped to a dog eared page. He'd read the book so many times he could nearly recite it from memory, but that was the point of libriomancy, the magic that allowed him to reach into a book and pull something from that fictional world into reality. In this case, he wanted a particular pocket watch from Simon R. Green's "Nightside" series. He took a deep breath and plunged his hand into the book. It was a strange sensation, he lost all sense of his hand, but he could feel when his fingers closed around the watch and pulled it free from the book. He opened his eyes and looked down, delighted to see a perfectly ordinary looking gold pocket watch sitting in his palm. Now it was time to test if it would work the way it was supposed to. He clicked the button on top, thinking where he wanted to go and eagerly anticipated the result, but nothing happened. He clicked it and clicked it, but still nothing happened. He huffed and shoved the watch back into the book, brooding sullenly. He'd always wanted to play with that watch, but it appeared the metaphysics wouldn't operate outside of the book's reality.

There was a scratch on his desk and he looked down fondly on the only living thing he'd successfully pulled from a book. Normally, sentient creatures went insane when pulled from a book, but this one he'd pulled out as an egg, so it hatched in reality and was sane and sentient. "Coast's clear, buddy," Ivan whispered. The phoenix cooed and took to his wings to get on top of Ivan's desk. He was a beautiful bird, bright red, orange, and yellow feathers all over and a curved black beak. There were a few feathers that plumed up from the top of his head when he got nervous or excited. They were down for the moment, which was a good sign. Ivan tickled under his beak and marveled at the phoenix once again. He'd had him for a few weeks, but had never gotten around to naming him. He was just thinking of what a good name could be when the plumes on the bird's head shot up and flame crackled all around him. He squawked and Ivan whipped his head to the door as something crashed in the lobby of his office. No one was supposed to be there except for him.

The phoenix would not have been alarmed if there hadn't been imminent danger to Ivan's life, of that he was certain, so Ivan responded appropriately. He grabbed an old favorite Star Trek novel and opened it to where he needed and reached in for a phaser. What could have found him here of all places?

I realize it's a bit long, but the role play don't necessarily have to be as long. This is just setting the scene. Like I said, this may be subject to change later on, but for now this is the opening for the scene. Possible opportunities for scene partners could be:
A fellow libriomancer showing up to help Ivan.
The bad guy, whoever or whatever that may be.
A coworker who gets roped in and Ivan has to protect.
Anything else that you think of that might fit the scene.

I had another idea inspired by a role play I have going on here at the moment, but I want to do this one as well. It's not very fleshed out and ideas would be appreciated. This is canon adjacent, more set in a canonical world like Libriomancer above. This one, though, is set in the World of Warcraft universe. I'd like to have it set either during Wrath of the Lich King or Cataclysm, though if you have a better idea, I'm open to suggestions. Below are a few of my current characters I'd like to play. If they're stricken through, I'm using that particular character at the moment in a game on here. If they're in bold, I'm craving a scene with that character. Everything else is negotiable.

World of Warcraft

Most of my characters are Horde, though I do have a few Alliance toons and I'll organize them by Horde and Alliance below. Before that, though, I want to put out there what I'm looking for in this sort of scene. I'm craving a Horde/Alliance forbidden friendship or romance. As I've said before, I've always been a plot first person, so even if romance is involved it won't be the main focus of the role play. I'm already playing an Ebon Blade/Argent Crusade angle, so I'm not really wanting to involve that right now. Anyway, that's the main thing that I'm looking for. I'm also interested in a Burning Crusades scene, kind of a "Through the Dark Portal" sort of thing. A first foray into Outland for a pair of friends or enemies determined to conquer for their respective factions. As I said, I am open to more ideas. PM or comment with anything you have or are interested in.

Horde Toons

Weiryn- Blood elf paladin with the Argent Crusade. A noble warrior with a deceptively soft side, especially for a member of the Horde. He's already broken the Legion and is out for blood on a campaign to bring an end to the terror that is Arthas, The Lich King. - Taken

Siodhachan- Tauren druid with the Cenarion Circle. A patient and kind young tauren, Siodhachan joined the Circle to help bring life back to Desolace. He got in over his head with the Horde and has since been rethinking his commitment to them. Since then, he's devoted himself to the Circle and the rejuvenation of Desolace and, more recently, the Dead Scar.

Kemnebi- Troll hunter. An adventurous troll that always keeps his pet raptor, Bruiser, nearby along with a wind serpent he recently acquired named Brightstar. He mostly just travels around adventuring, determined to stay away from his home tribe and the destiny that awaits him there. (I want him to be next in line to lead the tribe and wanting to get away from it. Could change later on.)

Wakahiso- Pandaren monk. A recent recruit to the Horde, Wakahiso is just learning his way and making alliances within the Horde. He's not entirely certain he should stick around and is seriously rethinking the choice he made that put him in this difficult situation. (This would be perfect for an Alliance/Horde friendship, perhaps another pandaren he grew up with that chose the Alliance and wants to get Wakahiso to defect and join them).

Alliance Toons

Alastair- Worgen rogue. A talented thief and pickpocket, Alastair has most recently been taking the more difficult jobs for the Alliance, like spying for them in Horde camps in disguise and discreet assassinations, but this newest job he's taken seems to be a set up. Why would the Alliance want him to spy on one of their own most trusted generals?

Iali- Night elf mage. Not much backtory on Iali, she's a mystery. She travels around, fighting for the Alliance and helping where she can, but keeps her past a secret. Could she be who the night elves have been waiting for? Could she be the one to deliver them from the Emerald Nightmare? (I know this is a bit outdated, but I really like this toon and want to use her.)

Gin- Human warrior. Gin has always lived by his own personal moral code and has been considered to be one of the greatest warriors of the Alliance, but lately suspicion has been planted in the mind of Varian Wryn that Gin cannot be trusted. What else could have driven Wryn to sending Gin on an impossible mission to try and forge a peace treaty with none other than Hellscream himself?

Like I said, these are all up for discussion and I'll probably add to it later.
Ons and Offs

Looking for role play thread

My A/A thread

"If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky, doubting you.” - Welcome to Night Vale

Ghostphoenix713

Updated! World of Warcraft selection added. Libriomancer added a few days ago as well.
Ons and Offs

My A/A thread

"If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky, doubting you.” - Welcome to Night Vale

Ghostphoenix713

Ons and Offs

My A/A thread