Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Trump delays Russia probe documents; allies voiced concerns

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-allies-concerned-declassifying-russia-papers-043229446--politics.html

I mean, I too would be reluctant to have documents that incriminate me released to the public.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Missy

Quote from: Oniya on September 19, 2018, 02:50:49 PM
I was hoping this headline was fake, when I came across it in the Sun, but here's the link to the Guardian's article on the topic.

Spanish foreign minister Josep Borrell says Trump advised building a wall across the Sahara.

Because walls work so well.

Well I mean, that Trump feller sure is a smart guy, we ought to follow his example and ignore the advice of smart people.

Hades

Not related to anything in particular, but I came across this and I couldn't help but think this is what some of the 2020 presidential debates are going to sound like:

Orval Wintermute

It's like the story of the two politicians at the debate. The first one interrupts the other and says "You're lying!" The second one replies "Yeah, but let me finish."

Orval Wintermute

Oniya

Trump gets laughed at by the UN.  He started his speech (clip linked below) with 'In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country'.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/25/trump-un-general-assembly-reaction-speech-nr-vpx.cnn
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on September 25, 2018, 10:22:19 AM
Trump gets laughed at by the UN.  He started his speech (clip linked below) with 'In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country'.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/25/trump-un-general-assembly-reaction-speech-nr-vpx.cnn

Clearly they're all just jealous of his awesome bigness.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on September 25, 2018, 10:22:19 AM

As out of place and touch as his speech in the same vein at the Boy Scouts Jamboree. :) Doesn't he realize he is sounding like a dumb tinpot dictator?

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Hades

I heard about this on the radio during the drive home from work (yay for being to find an NPR station) and then came home and found the video to watch it for myself.  It seems to me that he isn't aware that the other world leaders are laughing at him and not with him when he delivered that line.   Which wouldn't surprise me in the least, since the rubes on the campaign trail lap it up every time he repeats it.  Hell, at this point it may be the case of repeating a lie so often that he genuinely believes it now.

Either way, it's not a surprise that Trump would be a laughing stock on the world stage but it's still a sad reminder of how low the country has fallen in such a short time.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Hades on September 25, 2018, 04:49:35 PM
I heard about this on the radio during the drive home from work (yay for being to find an NPR station) and then came home and found the video to watch it for myself.  It seems to me that he isn't aware that the other world leaders are laughing at him and not with him when he delivered that line.   Which wouldn't surprise me in the least, since the rubes on the campaign trail lap it up every time he repeats it.  Hell, at this point it may be the case of repeating a lie so often that he genuinely believes it now.

Either way, it's not a surprise that Trump would be a laughing stock on the world stage but it's still a sad reminder of how low the country has fallen in such a short time.

Totally agree, by the looks on his face I am sure he thinks they are laughing with him not at him.

Deamonbane

He stopped and was all awkward saying that he wasn't expecting that kind of reaction.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Various

When the world openly and rightly mocked Putin's puppet, he said "Didn’t expect that reaction, but that’s OK."

When speaking to reporters about it, the small-handed vulgarian tried to save face: “Oh, it was great. That was meant to get some laughter, but it was great.”

"In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country." was the set opener then.

I'm not going to spend time refuting the most glaringly obvious conman to ever walk the Earth. That it's a bald-faced lie is axiomatic. I will point out that Republicans spent eight years screaming about how an actual president, President Obama, had diminished our standing in the world. This is once again proof positive that the orange-faced charlatan has truly done that. It is also proof positive that the cultists will ignore.

[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Hades

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 25, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
He stopped and was all awkward saying that he wasn't expecting that kind of reaction.

There is that, true.  It's probably the first time he's had a negative reaction to that applause-line and it short-circuited the hamster wheel for a moment.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Hades on September 25, 2018, 04:49:35 PM

Some people are firm in their admiration though, such as this Dallas pastor and radio/tv evangelist:

https://twitter.com/robertjeffress/status/1044608785900277760

:-X

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lilias

I don't have a screenshot, but someone on Twitter mentioned how trumphotels.com is doing business alright, but no one thought of spending $8 to buy the trumphotels.org domain, so he had, and... well, this is the most glorious ownage I've seen so far.

http://www.trumphotels.org/
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

TheGlyphstone

This Trump news conference is painful to listen to. "People are being hurt but they don't care, because they know Im doing the right thing." Direct quote.

Roleplay Frog

New plan: See how many kids I can convince that Troll dolls were designed after Trump, who also inspired the term 'troll' in general.

lustfulintentions

On some perverse level, I almost appreciate when he does a presser, b/c it's a nice, vivid reminder that the man is a cruel, unhinged lunatic.

MasterMischief

Markus

'We fell in love' over 'beautiful letters'

On a slightly unrelated topic. I guess this means he'll be referring to him as "mi amor" instead of "little rocket man" for the time being. :D

мαякυs's αωσℓ ησтιcε

ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡʙᴏʀɴ ɢᴏ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴛ ɪs ᴠᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ.

Various

So House wants a closed door meeting with Comey about 2016 election. Comey said basically "Trump took away my security clearance, so there's nothing you can POSSIBLY ask me that is classified, so it ought to be public."
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Sara Nilsson

Remember when they said Trump was a friend of the gay community? Yeah you know the ones that claimed it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45722400

He keeps up his attack on the LBGT+community.

QuoteThe US has announced it will deny diplomatic visas to same-sex partners of foreign diplomats and United Nations employees.

Claiming it is for ...

QuoteA State Department spokesperson told NBC News that the government’s intention was “to help ensure and promote equal treatment” between straight and same-sex couples.
from https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/10/02/donald-trump-gay-forces-partners-un-staff-marry-leave/

Sure it is. Considering how many countries where it is still illegal and sometimes with harsh penalties to be gay that rings really hollow.

Mithlomwen

https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-female-reporter-never-thinks-cecilia-vega/

In a nutshell, Trump called on Cecilia Vega so she could ask her question(s).  And then said this:

QuoteAs the mic was being passed to Vega, Trump remarked, “She’s shocked that I picked her. She’s like in a state of shock.”

Hearing that, Vega told Trump, “I’m not, thank you, Mr. President.” But he was insistent, mocking her by saying, “That’s okay. I know you’re not thinking. You never do.”

Later, when the official White House transcript was released, they changed what the President said, saying that he said, "I know you're not thanking, you never do." 

When they have him on video saying 'She never thinks."
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...