The Road from Potidaea | FxF Search Thread

Started by Alcandre, June 20, 2016, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcandre

Welcome to “The Road from Potidaea”! This is my search thread that list info about me and what I’m looking for in a RP! If you want to RP with me, message me and we will see what we can do.  I'm a new writer to E and it took me a while to post this search thread. Again, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Note: Please do not post in the thread! Message me instead!

Introduction || The Writer || The Partner || Sample || Fandoms/Settings || Current Roleplays || Updates || Reserved

Alcandre

The Writer

My O/Os

I have been writing for about 15 years now; fanfiction, original fiction, and role plays. The internet was so very new when I started and everything is so different now.

My strongest writing consist of a good amount of dialogue and a fair amount of description. I don’t tend to spend too much time on description mainly because I want the reader to interpret it for themselves, since when I am a reader, I tend to skip over copious amounts of descriptions. I always inject some sort of humor into my writing. I have a sarcastic personality and it shines through my writing a lot. My characters are usually sarcastic or quick-witted.

Introduction || The Writer || The Partner || Sample || Fandoms/Settings || Current Roleplays || Updates || Reserved

Alcandre

The partner

I would prefer to write with Ladies and Leiges but I can, if I find one I connect with, write with a lord. I've done FxF RP with males before but I tend to be pretty selective. I also want a writing partner that is all about give and take. I don’t want to do all the work but on the other hand, I don’t want my partner to leave me with nothing to do. You have a character (and side characters) that you know about. Write about them. I don’t know them. And that goes both ways. Don’t write what my character will say or do. Simple enough.

I usually try to write at least 5 paragraphs a post. At least. I expect the same from my partner. Not to say it has to be that long or else but I need more than a few sentences to go with. Again, give and take.

I also want someone I can talk to. Someone who gets the subject and setting. And isn’t afraid to ask questions if you have them. Or answer them if I have them. I’m a nice person. I promise. And I don’t bite…unless you want me to.

Alcandre

A Sample of my Writing

From “Long Lost”, a Xena: Warrior Princess story

The village looked like any other village they had been to in the past five years they had been traveling together. Gabrielle wasn’t really interested in much else besides the inn and maybe the dry goods store right across from said inn. She was tired, cold, hungry, and in desperate need of a bath. And she was starting to feel a little irritated as well.

For the past few days, Xena had been quiet. And not just normal Warrior Princess quiet but abnormally quiet. No matter what the blonde said or asked, Xena would always respond with one or two word answers or just a grunt. The one that got to Gabrielle the most was the answer she gave last night.

“Not tonight.”

Gods, how frustrating. Of course, Gabrielle wasn’t going to bother mentioning that she had propositioned the warrior just out of curiosity. She had wanted to see her partner’s response. They hadn’t made love in…gods, in so long. In fact, it seemed to Gabrielle that a distance was rapidly making itself known between them. And it was breaking her heart even more than the events before their deaths did.

She looked over at Xena, who was staring ahead, her eyes set on the inn. ‘I can’t take much more of this silence,’ the leather clad blonde thought. ‘I need some time to myself.’

“Xena, I’m going to the dry goods store across from the inn. We need supplies.”

All she got was a nod. Not even a flicker of a gaze in her direction. Not even a grunt. And the blonde’s heart broke a little more.

She watched her partner lead Argo toward the inn. ‘Maybe it’s me,’ she thought grimly. ‘Maybe she’s finally sick of me.’

She sighed and walked into the dry goods store, knowing that her self-pity needed to be put aside so she could concentrate on buying the goods they needed. “Besides,’ she thought. ‘Xena will need some supplies when she finally tells me to leave her alone.’

She was so lost in thought that she didn’t notice the little girl until small arms were wrapped around her legs and a soft blonde head was resting on her thigh.

Gabrielle started and looked down at the child attached to her leg. “Um, hello.” She said softly.

The blonde head moved and a little face was soon turned up, sea green eyes staring into her own.

“HI!” the girl said with a grin.

Alcandre

Fandoms/Settings

Xena – Xena/Gabrielle
Dragon Age – (F)Warden/Leliana, (F)Hawke/Isabela, (F)Hawke/Merrill, (F)Inquisitor/Sera, (F)Inquisitor/Josephine
Mass Effect – (F)Shepard/Liara
Doctor Who – (F)Doctor/(F)Companion
Sailor Moon – Moon/Mars, Neptune/Uranus, Mercury/Jupiter, Mars/Venus
Harry Potter – (F)Hufflepuff/(F)Slytherin

Sci-fi fantasy
Space Opera
Medieval Europe
Modern
Apocalyptic
High fantasy
Victorian Europe
Revolutionary America
Civil War America
1920s America
World War II America

Alcandre

Current Roleplays

Make Love, Not War w/whimsy

Alcandre

Updates

June 20th, 2016 | Search thread open! Actively looking!

Alcandre

Reserved

Alcandre

Alcandre