Scourge of Worlds - A Pathfinder Adventure

Started by Laughing Hyena, April 19, 2011, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Not quite. It uses pathfinder rules but is set in the world of Greyhawk. This adventure is based off of an independent "Find Your Fate" DVD of similar name. However the characters that partake are not the iconics from 3.5 but your characters. This adventure is for a group of four to five heroes of level 5. You will generate your ability scores using a 2d6+6 method and roll six times and you are issued standard gold for your level to spend as you seem fit.

I will point out immediately that this is a straight adventure and there will be no sexual encounters or nudity of any sort. This might not be what people are looking for but we shall see if one welcomes a change of pace from the norm that elliquiy is known for.

Hired by the temple of Pholtus within Greyhawk, your party has been sent to capture Barathion. A high ranking priest of their temple who has stolen a map from their vaults. It is unknown why he has stolen it as the map was never peered upon by the elders of the temple. One of you has a history with the good priest giving proper incentive to see him brought back alive. You eventually catch up with Barathion somewhere nearby Darkhaven.

Little do you realize that you are being drawn into something much bigger then you could possibly imagine...

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. interesting... a bounty hunt.. could be fun.

Senti

hello there, I know Dnd and sort of Pathfinder. Might need some help here i dont know too much about greyhawk

Am pleased for no knicker dropping.....

I was thinking an elf druid that chews on too too many mushrooms and smokes too much.

Laughing Hyena

So far this is working out quite well to be sure.

Sabriel

Hihi

I am interested in this too  :-)

Are you going to be using the classes from the advanced players guide ?

I had an idea for a character which I thought would work well as an Inquisitor of Pholtus who was formally a wayward orphan child taken in by Barathion,  I think it could be interesting to have her deeply respect and feel she owes a lot to him which she probably does. She perhaps may even have insisted on being the one to bring him in because she fears for his safety, so she might struggle with her past and way of life a bit in bringing him in.

It could easily work as another class of course the concept I can make work easily with the standards.

Laughing Hyena

Excellent! And yes I shall allow advanced classes if that is okay but do be warned now this means I get to use them too.

:-) Oh what the hell I can't lie. I was gonna use them anyway. Your backstory is fine and well suited.

Crovonovin

Just what I was looking for--a Pathfinder game without the clutter of sex! 

I've been curious in trying out the Alchemist class for quite awhile now, and this seems like as good an opportunity as ever.  Perhaps he could even be the man who was good friends with the missing priest?  For the record, he wouldn't be the "Jekyll and Hyde" build, but a potion tosser.

Laughing Hyena

Nah Sabriel has something good in mind and I wanna go along with it. And SHihong, so long as i expect the players that are interested to stick with this through and through then I shall gladly let them play. :-)

Senti

i might need some help with character creation as sually i am a white wolf whore

Crovonovin

Alright then, that's off the table!

Is it assumed that the rest of the party are essentially freelancers that the man/woman who knows the priest hires?

Laughing Hyena

Perhaps but they could also be traveling companions that have went on other adventures as well.

Crovonovin

That could work as well!  If anyone would like to co-develop characters who may have traveled together for awhile, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message.  ;)

Sabriel

I think it would be neat if most if not all of our characters where already acquainted it can be awkward sometimes if nobody knows one another.  I can easily think of reasons why my character would probably know others too, she could of been involved in the resolution of some issue or "adventured" with them before etc. 

I think she could easily be acquainted with an Alchemist too since she dabbles in the craft herself, maybe she might of learned or studied with them or she may just have traded with them in the past.  Perhaps there her go to person now for Alchemical supplies. 

Some of our characters could of course grown up together or around one another so we might be familiar that way hehe.

Senti ill be happy to help you if I can with your character, just poke me about it next time you see me on :)

Crovonovin

I agree wholeheartedly!  One of the biggest brick walls for any online game like this is putting all the characters in their own isolated bubble without any clear reason to work together.  I think it'd be great if my Alchemist was acquainted with everyone in some way or another.  I'm still fleshing out the fluffy details (having basically finished the mechanical side of things), but he's definitely a bit of a wanderer.

Probably because he moonlights as a Snake Oil salesman, and often needs to get the heck out of Dodge when the pitchwork-wielding townsfolk come a-callin'!

Ebb

Shihong, would you consider a partner in crime for your Snake Oil salesman? I was thinking about a bard, using the 'Street Performer' archetype. Someone to draw in and work the crowd, act as a shill, and then cover your retreat when it's time to get out of town by providing a distraction. In the meantime if a couple of purses get cut, well, they probably had it coming.

Crovonovin

That would actually work perfectly!  Perfectly, because my Alchemist has Charisma as a dump stat and couldn't work the crowd to save his life--which he may very well have to do!

He makes the product, your character loosens the purse strings a bit to get the unwitting crowd on his side, and then they beat a hasty retreat before anyone gets wise!

Ebb

Sounds great. I'm flipping through the rules, and leaning toward halfling as a race. I'll ping you back when I have more down. I'll probably need a review and some pointers from those with more Pathfinder experience, but I'll take an initial shot at it first.

That is assuming the concept seems workable to you, Hyena.

Callie Del Noire

I'd offer to play Onyx but she's already in a game. Sooo.. I'll have to find another fighter type to think up.

Ebb

Okay, here's my bard, Jojel:
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8506]
[url]http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8506
[/url]

Still needs:
- equipment
- a picture

Shihong, if you're willing we could each chip in money toward a wagon and some horses for the traveling snake oil conman show. I'm thinking some kind of big gypsy caravan wagon, with room for the alchemist workbench inside, and maybe a small fold-out stage. It'll give Laughing Hyena something to blow up in the first encounter.

Also, if someone wants to join the operation, possibly as muscle, then it could be that Sabriel's character reaches out to the whole troupe at once when she's in need of help.

Sabriel

It would be neat if the group was already connected with one another, I can easily thing of reasons why my character would probably know such an outfit and even why she might be involved with them.  She might of perhaps offered "legal" support to them in the past and bailed them out of trouble, maybe she might of come to an agreement with them that she would help them with such things if they allow her to travel with her and ask no questions of her job nor speak of her. She would probably pass herself of as a simple barrister and follower of Pholtus who had decided to see the world and seek understanding of other cultures and spread the word.

I am sure it would be easy to think of reasons to create a little traveling troupe with the concept.

Crovonovin

Excellent idea, Ebb!  I have about 200 leftover gold to pitch in for buying a proper wagon and a horse or two to pull it.  Assuming Laughing Hyena doesn't blow it up right out of the gate, it would make an excellent mobile base of operations once the adventure begins and we set off into the greater world.

I would also like to mention that my alchemist is not merely in this for gold (He ultimately ends up spending just about all of it making more potions), and actually does do his best to help those who are truly sick and in need of a cure of some sort.  I'll send you a message soon as to why this is Ebb, since as his long-time business partner I'd think he would have brought it up at least once.

It's just that he also has few qualms over conning a gullible drunkard out of his coin when all that ails him is sobriety and his nagging wife. 

Sabriel

I figured that the people you be conning would likely not be undeserving of it or well could afford to pay for there lack of wisdom, I also suspected you may be putting some real cures and such out there also. My character could provide some services to draw people in also perhaps, she is skilled in some areas that would be useful and she has a leeching kit hehe.  She could always offer up free clean water too which may draw people in, although she might insist that you donate some of the profits to the church occasionally  ;)

So anyway this is my character so far she is pretty much done sheet wise I think, she has a bit of cash spare too, I might consider if there is anything else she needs but some spending money is always good to have.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8505

Ebb

I think having a bit of difference in our outlooks is good. Lucrece could serve as a good conscience for the group, pulling us back on the straight and narrow if Jojel strays a little too far over the line. I also think that healing services and fresh water would be excellent business opportunities.

Looking at your sheet, Sabriel, I had one question. And I'm a relative newcomer to Pathfinder, so possibly I'm off base. It looks like you've spent a lot less on equipment than I did. The only magic item I see is the Haversack (plus potions and such). What number did you use for starting gold? I used 10,500, which I got off of the SRD somewhere, I think, but I don't have it in front of me.

Crovonovin

Alright Ebb, I think I'll take the bulk of the costs and get both the wagon and one horse, if you want to purchase the other?

Sabriel

Really ? odd that is the number I used as well.

She has a few magical items, the bag, the quiver, and some items which are quite expensive (masterwork weapons, special armor). My math could be off but well if it is it will be that i have under spent which I can live with :P

I did list all the costs and use a calculator but I did sort of stop and come back to it so I might have made an error.

Ebb

It's probably fine, then. I trust your calculator a lot more than I trust my quick eyeballing of the equipment list. The quiver didn't even jump out to me as a magic item. So no worries. Mostly I wanted to make sure that I hadn't picked a wrong number and gone grossly overboard or anything.

Shihong, I'll pitch in for the second horse, sure. And I call dibs on the top bunk. Are you human, by the way?

Ebb

Jojel's sheet updated: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8506
"Bucky" is our second draft horse. "Matilda" is my pony; she's too good to pull the carriage.

Shihong, looks like your sheet is locked.

Crovonovin

Ebb

Looks great, Shihong. Alchemists also look really complicated, to this uninitiated eye. I have a 3rd level one in another game, but it's almost too many options for me to keep track of.

Laughing Hyena, how many players would you like in order to get going? Senti or Callie, still interested in joining? Anybody feel like being a big wall of muscle for us cowards to hide behind?

Crovonovin

Alchemists only really seem complicated from the outset.  They can either be a devastating brawler with mutagens, or a bomber who focuses on debilitating status effects.  Either way you have access to a number of wizard-like spells in the form of extracts, which can eventually be given to others with the right discovery for some pretty great combos.  Their focus is slightly more narrow than a wizard, but they're great at controlling the battlefield and supporting the party both in and out of battle.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Ebb on April 21, 2011, 10:43:34 AM
Looks great, Shihong. Alchemists also look really complicated, to this uninitiated eye. I have a 3rd level one in another game, but it's almost too many options for me to keep track of.

Laughing Hyena, how many players would you like in order to get going? Senti or Callie, still interested in joining? Anybody feel like being a big wall of muscle for us cowards to hide behind?

Four to five people as stated in the opening post.

Kate

im happy to be a fighter woman.

I would prefer to write up her background and choose her pic if another is keen on fleshing out her details for the system mechanics stuff.

Laughing Hyena

Kate

Background

Grace Orea is the daughter of a shamed general which took disciplinary measures on his own troups too far. Far enough that they themselves disposed of him, something their own king agreed with.  His tactics were perfect, his lack of understanding of morale however was his downfall.

His legacy included daughters, one of which already married well before the family name of Orea fell leaving Grace in a situation none would envy. Instead of bowing to the shame her family represented Grace decided that her father was correct and it was a sign of weakness of the army for being needy of being fathered for small things they should know, and decided to try and prove her strange theory in practice... by becoming a warrior herself.

What resources her family had left she used to commission armor made of mithril. Then Grace saw to her training in the only way she believed ... by going through the books her father wrote on warfare.

It soon became obvious her father had an affection for those that were fully armored using a great sword held in both hands and often preached about tactics that only such a warrior could manage. Although women had been warriors before most choose the bow or weapons of speed, but something about using a great sword had a pride and magnificence that to her overshadowed everything.

Some in his army that were sympathetic to her situation choose to train her as best they could. She was naturally fast and had superb balance, that helped. More importantly she was determined to be great, that was better.

She demanded her trainers push her as hard as possible, they did.  Even practicing with wooden sword made welts as common as sneezes.... day after day in the war camp that ironically flourished green that had birds chirping love songs, Grace's skill in tactics and swordplay began to show signs of matching her drive....

Personality

• Proud
  • Pushy
  • Demanding
  • Arrogant
  • Commanding
  • Impatient
  • Overbearing

Stats

str : 14 (+2)
dex : 18 (+4)
int : 16 (+3)
wis : 13 (+1)
con : 14 (+2)
char: 13 (+1)

Fort: 4 + 2 (con) = +6
Ref: 1 + 4 (dex) + 2 (improved reflexes) = +7
will: 1 + 1 (will) + 1 (bravery 1) = +3

AC: 10 + 9 (plate) + 4 (Dex) + 1 dodge = +24
Touch: +15
CMB: +12
CMD: +16
FLAT: +19 +4 (Mobility) = +23
FCMD:??
Speed 30

Skills

Climb (2 Str) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = +6
Swim (2 Str) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = +6
Handle Animal (1 Cha) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = +5
Intimidate (1 Cha) + 3 (Class) + 5 rank = +9
Knowledge (dungeoneering) (3 Int) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = 7
Knowledge (engineering) (3 Int) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = 7
Ride (4 Dex) + 3 (Class) +  5 rank = +12
Survival (1 Wis) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = +5
Profession (soldier) (1 Wis) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = +5
Craft weapons (3 Int) + 3 (Class) + 1 rank = +7
Stealth (4 Dex) + 2 ranks  - 3 (Armour check pen) = +3
Acrobatics (4 Dex) + 5 ranks - 3 (armour check pen) = +6

BAB: +5 + 2 = +7 + 1 (weapon focus) +1 (weapon training 1) = +9
Initiative = 4 (Dex) = +4
Damage Bonus = + 3 (1.5 x +2(str)) + 1 (weapon training 1) = + 4

Mithril full plate Armour check penalty = -3 (not masterworked only mithril)
Mithril full plate Max dex bonus = +3 + armour training 1 = +4

Feats

weapon focus (+ 1 to attack)
dodge = (+ 1 ac)
combat expertise (trade attack bonus for ac bonus)
Spring attack (can move before and after attacking)
Mobility (+4 ac against attacks of opportunity)
Whirlwind attack (strike out at every foe within reach)
Improved reflexes (+2 reflex saves)

bravery 1 (will saves +1)
armor training 1 (+1 permitted dex bonus, armor check penalty lessens by + 1)
weapon training 1 (+1 attack and damage)

Stuff:

Mithril Full Plate (1,500 + 9000 gp (mithril))
Thick velvet over-robe: 10 gp
Greatsword

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. well fighter is filled I'm guessing. So I need to figure up something else. (Tucks away Human fighter with focus on Dwarven Waraxe/Shield)

Callie Del Noire

How about.. Duyven Thundersbrew, Dwarven Alchemist. :D

DUYVEN THUNDERSBREW   CR 4
Male Dwarf Alchemist 5
NG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +10
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
hp 52 (5d8+20)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3
Defensive Abilities Defensive Training; Resist Poison Resistance +4; SR 10
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 20 ft.
Melee Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
Ranged Bomb +6 (3d6+4 Fire) and
. . Frost Bomb +6 (3d6+4 Cold) and
. . Shock Bomb +6 (3d6+4 Elec.)
Special Attacks Bomb 3d6+4 (9/day) (DC 16), Frost Bomb, Shock Bomb
Alchemist Spells Known (CL 5, 4 melee touch, 5 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Cure Moderate Wounds (DC 16), Alchemical Allocation (DC 16), Fire Breath (DC 16)
1 (5/day) Shield, Shield, Cure Light Wounds (DC 15), Cure Light Wounds (DC 15), Jump
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 18, Wis 15, Cha 10
Base Atk +3; CMB +4; CMD 16
Feats Brew Potion, Extra Discovery, Splash Weapon Mastery, Throw Anything, Toughness +5
Traits Focused Mind, Resilient
Skills Appraise +10, Craft: Alchemy +12, Heal +9, Knowledge: Arcana +10, Knowledge: Dungeoneering +7, Knowledge: History +5, Knowledge: Nature +10, Perception +10, Profession: Brewer +8, Profession: Merchant +7, Sleight of Hand +8, Spellcraft +12, Use Magic Device +8 Modifiers Alchemy +5
Languages Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon
SQ Fast Poisoning (Move Action) (Ex), Greed, Hatred, Mutagen (DC 16) (Su), Poison Use, Precise Bombs (4 squares) (Su), Slow and Steady, Stability, Stonecunning +2, Swift Alchemy (Ex)
Other Gear Backpack (empty)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Alchemy +5 (Su) +5 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Bomb 3d6+4 (9/day) (DC 16) (Su) Thrown Splash Weapon deals 3d6+4 fire damage.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Defensive Training +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the Giant type.
Fast Poisoning (Move Action) (Ex) Apply poison to a weapon as a move action.
Focused Mind +2 to Concentration checks
Frost Bomb (Su) When the alchemist creates a bomb, he can choose to have it inflict cold damage. Creatures that take a direct hit from a frost bomb are staggered on their next turn unless they succeed on a Fortitude save.
Greed +2 to Appraise checks to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
Hatred +1 racial bonus to attacks against Orcs and Goblinoids.
Mutagen (DC 16) (Su) Mutagen adds +4 to a Physical attribute, -2 to a mental attribute, and +2 natural armor for 10 minutes/level.
Poison Resistance +4 (Ex) +4 to save vs. Poison.
Poison Use You don't accidentally poison yourself with blades.
Precise Bombs (4 squares) (Su) Whenever the alchemist throws a bomb, he can select a number of squares equal to his Intelligence modifier that are not affected by the splash damage from his bombs.
Shock Bomb (Su) When the alchemist creates a bomb, he can choose to have it inflict electricity damage. Creatures that take a direct hit from a shock bomb are dazzled for 1d4 rounds.
Slow and Steady Your base speed is never modified by encumbrance.
Spell Resistance (10) You have Spell Resistance.
Stability +4 to avoid being bull rushed or tripped while standing.
Stonecunning +2 +2 bonus to Perception vs unusual stonework. Free check within 10 feet.
Swift Alchemy (Ex) You can construct alchemical items in half the normal time.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons.  +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

Crovonovin

Say Callie, since it seems like we're both playing alchemists (both Bombers from the looks of it, though you're focused on different types of explosives than I), perhaps you would like to join my character and Ebb's?  We're essentially playing a couple of snake-oil salesmen and con artists (with a bit of a Robin Hood gray area bent), and a dwarf adds a certain air of authenticity to just about any "legitimate" business!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shihong on April 24, 2011, 04:08:40 PM
Say Callie, since it seems like we're both playing alchemists (both Bombers from the looks of it, though you're focused on different types of explosives than I), perhaps you would like to join my character and Ebb's?  We're essentially playing a couple of snake-oil salesmen and con artists (with a bit of a Robin Hood gray area bent), and a dwarf adds a certain air of authenticity to just about any "legitimate" business!

Oh.. drat.. didn't realize I was stepping on another character.. this is going to be hard. Fighter/Bard/Alchemist down.. got to think of something else then.

And I think of Duyven as a 'Super-Bartender' than 'Snake-Oil' type.

Laughing Hyena

Callie Del Noire

I got a mage/cleric I was making for a mystic theurge. :D

Or I could try out a pure cleric. (Been a while since I tried one)

Crovonovin

Didn't mean to put a damper on your idea, but I can understand if you don't want to overlap.

A cleric would certainly be a great boon for just about any party, and if you're still set on being a dwarf I can't think of a better class for it!

Laughing Hyena

Try not to double up too much or I give fair warning. I will kick your ass.

Crovonovin

Well right now we seem to have:

• An Alchemist,
  • a Bard (Street Performer Archetype),
  • a Fighter,
  • an Inquisitor,
  • and a Cleric(?) or some variant thereof.

Ebb

Quote from: Shihong on April 24, 2011, 04:48:43 PM
Well right now we seem to have:

• An Alchemist,
  • a Bard (Street Performer Archetype),
  • a Fighter,
  • an Inquisitor,
  • and a Cleric(?) or some variant thereof.

And Senti mentioned a druid a little while back, but I'm not sure if she's still interested. Senti?

From my limited experience, fighter isn't that bad of a class to double up on. Most problems are fairly amenable to hitting them with sharp objects.

Also right now we don't have a real rogue; my bard has some of the skills, but is going to be useless for traps and such.

Laughing Hyena

Hmm we have five players already. If we want six I'll have to toughen the encounters up.

Callie Del Noire

Sabriel

Lucrece Bennett

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8505

Basic Background

Life for Lucrece Bennett as she would come to be called did not start out easy nor privileged she was born an illegitimate child, brought into a family of dark and wayward ways she was unwanted and raised only so that she might one day serve. Her mother had fallen in with and was a part of a band of roguish ne'er-do-wells who took to using children in there gang, raising them to serve as spies and distractions occasionally even involving them with thefts.

Lucrece was barely six years old when her life took the change, the gang had become increasingly careless and too big for it's boots, its leader was no longer content with petty crimes and wanted more power and control.

This was to his downfall and led to the capture of the gang, the local law and nobles decided that an example was to be made of them and all who a part of the gang where to be punished or executed for the crimes.

The local church of Pholtus was alarmed by the measures that where to be taken, and sought to intervene and control matters. It was eventually agreed that the orphans of the gang would be taken in by the church and that an appropriate example could be made from those responsible, Bennett was one of the youngest of the orphans and she found a home with the priests and priestesses of Pholtus. 

Most of the other orphans where found homes or where sent to live elsewhere, but Bennett was one of a chosen few to be inducted into the orders lifestyle and raised by it's code.  She was raised by many but none seamed more fatherly or motherly to her than the priest Barathion, he had personally suggested that she remain with the order and be raised by them.

He played a pivotal role in raising and teaching her and laid the path for adult life, when she matured Lucrece begun to believe she would serve in the order just like the priestesses did but others had other plans.

For they had already foreseen and chosen the path Bennett and a few of the other orphans would walk, there service to Pholtus was of a different degree. Soon the Lucrece begun to meet and be introduced to members of the order she had not seen or heard of before and her lessons took a different turn, at first Lucrece was sad and disappointed that she would not be a Priestess she did not understand.  But in time it became a driving goal for her and her prayers to Pholtus seamed to take on more meaning than they ever had before, she had never known before but it was because she lacked the purpose and now she had found her call.

It turned out that Lucrece found the task she was given a rewarding and satisfying one, she could serve the order and Pholtus after all as she was meant to do. She learned about law and order and the teachings of Pholtus , she served as a legal aide and barrister and became quite skilled in interrogating and bringing in witnesses and criminals. She still continued to meet and speak with Barathion until the day when her services parted them and he stopped responding to her letters, she took heart in her duty and spreading the word of Pholtus and hunting those who where a threat to the faith and people. 

-----

Thought id write up a bit of her basic background I can easily add to it or change anything if it works better for the story :)  I thought id just keep it to the basics for now and sort of not go into great detail because I wanted make sure I could still fit her knowing others in there.

Ebb

Jojel Fairhaven

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8506

Basic Background

Jojel was born the sixth of nine children to a very wealthy halfing family. His father was the equivalent of a country squire, needing to do little more than collect the proceeds from his tenant farmers and render the appropriate percentages to the local (human) Baron. Jojel spent his childhood, which lasted long past the age when most halfings would be seeking an honest profession, carousing, singing traditional halfing songs, and spending his family's money. His parents indulged him and his siblings, most of whom were equally worthless to society.

Sadly, four years ago tragedy struck the Fairhaven clan as both of his parents were killed during a raid by a tribe of hobgoblins who had struck well into civilized lands, fleeing devastation in their homeland. Though the humanoids were quickly dealt with by adventurers, it was little consolation to those who had died. Jojel's eldest brother Hapton assumed leadership of the family and ownership of the estate. His first act was to cut off all of the other adult children, giving them a small purse of gold and sending them out into the world to stand on their own feet.

Jojel did not take well to the sudden responsibility, quickly spending his inheritance to the point where he was left destitute on the streets of the city. Eventually he found a way to capitalize on his natural talents, spinning stories and cutting purses to make a living. His career of petty thievery didn't take off, however, until he met Jeremiah Oz, the alchemist. The man was talented and intelligent, but was having a hard time turning his considerable skill into coin. The two were a natural fit; Jojel's easygoing nature and silver tongue complimented the human's more serious side. Jojel took upon himself the roles of barker, shill, wagon driver, illusionist and emergency escape artist tactician.

His needs are few, but despite this he has a great deal of trouble holding onto a coin for long. Jojel has an unfortunate taste for the finer things in life from his youth. If he buys wine, it is the best available. If he commissions a new suit of clothes it must be made from the most expensive silk, and if it becomes stained it might be easier to discard it and get a new one. These tendencies, coupled with the cost of raw materials for Jeremiah's work, mean that the pair is often short on funds despite their considerable talents.

=====================

I'm happy to make changes in order to conform with the group. Particularly, Shihong, if any of this doesn't match your conception of Jeremiah. We should also decide if Grace is part of our troupe, or if she's hired separately by Lucrece.

I really like both Grace's and Lucrece's writeups, by the way.

Crovonovin

No, that works perfectly!  I've added some "public" details to my sheet, though nothing quite so in-depth as a history.

Kate

can we "rent-a-rouge" ?

do we have to have a player dedicated to playing one ?

Crovonovin

Perhaps we could just buy a gaggle of goblins and shove one of them down a hallway whenever we suspect it might be trapped?

Kate

and beg them to try and be creative in opening locks :)

Crovonovin

Kate

which would work wonders for treasure in chests which is fragile :)

Crovonovin

We weren't going to be using that treasure anyway, right?

Maybe while we're off wrangling some goblins to set off traps, we can kidnap a street urchin to pick locks for us!  Is it evil so long we pay him (in food)?

Kate

it would be funny if it was some spaced out stoner chick/dude that we paid in gypsieweed :)

Ebb

Quote from: Kate on April 25, 2011, 11:02:07 AM
it would be funny if it was some spaced out stoner chick/dude that we paid in gypsieweed :)

We can hang a sign on the caravan wagon:

"Ass, Cash, or Grass. Or Willingness to Disarm Traps Through Trial and Error. Apply Within.*

*Also, this is a PG game. So no actual Ass."

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Kate on April 25, 2011, 10:30:19 AM
can we "rent-a-rouge" ?

do we have to have a player dedicated to playing one ?

Need a player dedicated to it.

Callie Del Noire

So.. the druid going to come into play or not?

Laughing Hyena

Yorubi

*Pokes Callie in vengeance for the much more violent pokes she recieved* Nyah! Gotcha! *Blinks* So how is this all going?

Edit: Oh an excuse my randomness and maybe out-of-it-ness but I'm quite sleepy right now though forcing myself to stay awake a bit. ^^;;

Laughing Hyena

Okay so we have everyone with a character that is going to play? five or six of you?

Callie Del Noire

Ebb

It looks like we still need a character sheet from Callie to make it up to five. Right now I see bard, alchemist, fighter and inquisitor.

Laughing Hyena

I think a thief would be better but thats me giving my information as a DM

Yorubi

Well since I'm intruding I'll go. Anyways if you need something for whatever reason just give me a shout out for it. ^^;; Just felt like peeking in since I was fighting the urge to do so before hand on you.

Laughing Hyena

Yorubi

Hmm well I could technically stick around and look pretty. ^^;; That and be a little delirious. Trying to fix myself from waking up at 3 in the morning. >.<

Laughing Hyena

Kate there's an error on your sheet.

I don't see your greatsword anywhere and it would really be nice to have those stats readily available to me.

Sabriel

I have put Kate's sheet on my sheet account thingy and am linking it bellow for her, If there is any errors or anything you want added/edited let me know.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8528

I also had some ideas for how Kate's character may know be acquainted with the group, perhaps she is a soldier my character trusts and has dealings with in the past.  Being that she seams to have no money  :P maybe Bennett might be supporting her and well perhaps paying for her services.  I think it make sense that my character would have such a contact since she likely had to call on soldiers and guards a lot to help in making arrests.  That would certainly make things easier for the group dynamic perhaps ?

I be perfectly willing to buy her some things from my remains of unspent money too, perhaps a horse and a sword  :P

I am not sure about Senti btw, she was interested I know that and she wanted my help making a character but I haven't spoke to her in a few days. I expect she is busy with easter holidays I am sure she would let you know however if she had lost interest. 

I hope that helps.

Kate

omg sab thankyou !

For plot reasons Laughing allowed me to have a mundane greatsword

Sabriel, if your the only one who can edit / save this would you mind maintaining this ?

If its a hassle tell me and I will figure something out.

Certainlly happy with any suggestion i know other characters before the rp starts in earnest

Sabriel

Your welcome and of course I figured id need to maintain it also anyway and I don't mind doing that at all, if it helps then thats a added bonus.

Kate

Crovonovin

I think having a trusted bodyguard would certainly come in handy.  Now Sabriel, am I to assume that your character is aware of the fact that our little swindling duo are not quite so bad as they seem?  If they've had dealings in the past, I would think they must have actually helped her on one occasion or another, even if she doesn't quite agree with their business practices.

Laughing Hyena

@Kate: Perfectly, as long as its reasonable and not abusive. I just don't like the idea of a fighter having no weapon and 20 gold or so is not a steep price. Not to mention you won't have an excuse when the only thing that isn't broken is the armor. ^_^

Well I know that many folks do lose interest and drop out when one lingers for too long or one hits a repeating snag. This is common in a forum RPs downfall.

I will kindly wait on the last person as it will give me more time to flesh out the characters and allow things to go as I wish.

Kate

:) Thanks.

As far as use vs abuse goes ?

two options (whichever sab prefers)

a) I will repay her for whatever she gives me as soon as I have the means to.
b) we could role play that she paid for my services for something pending in advance.

Ebb

I've got extra cash as well, if it would help to outfit Kate's character. Perhaps she's getting outfitted out of a fund made up of 'voluntary tithing' to the church, which Sabriel's character 'encouraged' us to pay after she helped get us out of a recent scrape?

It works better for me character-wise if I'm broke at the start anyway. So if it would help to spend 500gp on a horse or other mundane equipment, you're welcome to it.

I do agree that "Dr. Oz's Traveling Medicinal and Oratorical Showcase" (name subject to review) should have done some odd jobs for the Church in the past, and that Bennett has been our point of contact. We should come off as basically trustworthy and mostly competent, though it's probably wise to at least keep an eye on Jojel when there are valuables around.

Kate

how is this for an idea (anyone can veto it).

the "group" existed before I did, and you all paid for my services in advance (because in short you want me to defend protect whatever you guys want to do - throw myself into whatever it is that is between you lot and harms way even if its not in her own best interests.

So the first "chapter" she is effectively the henchmen for all of you.

Or

She skips any rights to whatever loads of treasure everyone deems appropraite
( and its evenly broken up between whoever else exists)... before we are all on par again
(likely she finds her own reasons for tagging along as an equal in monetary matters)

That way as a group we all start with the right amount of wealth - unevenly distributed, but it would even up after chapter 1 (figuratively speaking)

Sabriel

I think if my character provided you with money she would not expect it back, other than perhaps in service or a donation to the Church.  She is not amazingly interested in wealth other than in the fact it provides some of the means to do her duty.

As for her opinion of the operation of the sales and such I think she would turn a blind eye to most of it providing it did not harm anyone or rob them of money they could not afford to part with. So long as there selling something of course and not just thieving from people, she would probably try to discourage them taking advantage of some people and maybe try suggest that more profit could be had in selling legitimate cures/services etc.  On the whole though her opinion would be tolerant of it so long as it did not harm anyone or interfere with her own work and provided good cover and means to travel.  I don't think she would perceive them as bad people either she does not expect everyone to be perfect or honest all the time.

I think Kate's character being sort of tithed by the church may be a good idea I can certainly see my character associating with a soldier as I said.

Kate

If I was given 1000 gp total (500 from both) I would spend it like this.

Masterworked Greatsword       350gp
Spare greatsword (mundane - on horse)    50 gp
Sling and 100 bullets      1 gp

Weapons Sub Total 401 gp

Warhorse, heavy    400 gp
Military Saddle      20 gp    30 lb.
Bit and bridle       2 gp
Saddlebags       4 gp    8 lb.
Horse Grooming kit    1 gp
Studded leather barding   100 gp
Feed for 10 days    5 sp

Horse Sub Total 528.5 gp

Trail Rations for 10 days   5 gp
Bedroll          .1 gp
WinterBlanket          .5 gp
Map/Scroll Case       1 gp
Crowbar          2 gp
Steel Water Flasks x 3       3 gp
Flint and Steel       1 gp
Bullseye lantern       12 gp
Hemp Rope          1 gp
Artisans tools (weaponsmith)    5 gp
Small steel Mirror      10 gp
Pouch x 3         3 gp
Sack x 3          1 sp
Whetstone (Lots)      .2 gp
Loose Comb and Soap       1 gp
Oil (10 pnts)         1 gp
Cold weather outfit      8 gp
Tent             10 gp

Adventuring Stuff Sub Total    64 gp

Spare coin ...................  9.3 gp

... and owe you coin and/or services of 500 gp each.

Yorubi

*Blinks* Sounds like a lot of limitations on money. ^^;; Anyways still peeking around here just in case your wondering if I was just randomly stopping in last night. If someone drops out or what not I'll probably shift in here to take their place since you got five here. I'm the adaptable/not picky type when it comes to playing different types of characters. ^^

Kate

there wasnt really a limitation imposed by the storyteller

we had 10 500 to spend on stuff and i roooly wanted mithril full plate (so blew it all on my armour)
leaving my fighter well..swordless / horseless etc... others came to my aid (Trying to negotiate it such that its fair on those who parted with their starting wealth to kit me out and hopefully cool by others in the party for that to happen).

Yorubi

Well thats the good part about being in a party. You can always help fun an ally who needs that extra money. :)

Ebb

Quote from: Kate on April 26, 2011, 10:53:23 AM
there wasnt really a limitation imposed by the storyteller

we had 10 500 to spend on stuff and i roooly wanted mithril full plate (so blew it all on my armour)
leaving my fighter well..swordless / horseless etc... others came to my aid (Trying to negotiate it such that its fair on those who parted with their starting wealth to kit me out and hopefully cool by others in the party for that to happen).

All cool with me. I've deducted 500gp from my sheet, and for now I'll assume it's payment to the Church for helping Oz and I with some recent legal difficulties. Hope you got insurance on that armor, Kate.

Kate

Sabriel

Yorubi

Hmm *ponders what would be the best option to start thinking about should she be needed for the RP.*

Kate

oh crap sab i realised i need to have a dagger.

(could you update my sheet such that she buys a dagger?)

really sorry about all of this i will ensure that further changes will be as minimal as possible.

if its annoying tell me and i will try again to register to that place (I did stuggle a bit a few times)

Sabriel

It's no problem I can add that and anything else you need just ask me or send me a pm.

Done  :-)

Kate

Grace Orea

Background

Grace Orea is the daughter of a shamed general which took disciplinary measures on his own troups too far. Far enough that they themselves disposed of him, something their own king agreed with.  His tactics were perfect, his lack of understanding of morale however was his downfall.

His legacy included daughters, one of which already married well before the family name of Orea fell leaving Grace in a situation none would envy. Instead of bowing to the shame her family represented Grace decided that her father was correct and it was a sign of weakness of the army for being needy of being fathered for small things they should know, and decided to try and prove her strange theory in practice... by becoming a warrior herself.

What resources her family had left she used to commission armor made of mithril. Then Grace saw to her training in the only way she believed ... by going through the books her father wrote on warfare.

It soon became obvious her father had an affection for those that were fully armored using a great sword held in both hands and often preached about tactics that only such a warrior could manage. Although women had been warriors before most choose the bow or weapons of speed, but something about using a great sword had a pride and magnificence that to her overshadowed everything.

Some in his army that were sympathetic to her situation choose to train her as best they could. She was naturally fast and had superb balance, that helped. More importantly she was determined to be great, that was better.

She demanded her trainers push her as hard as possible, they did.  Even practicing with wooden sword made welts as common as sneezes.... day after day in the war camp that ironically flourished green that had birds chirping love songs, Grace's skill in tactics and swordplay began to show signs of matching her drive....

Item Depictions

Sabriel

This completely slipped my mind before btw but I thought id ask about it now anyway encase, are we using the trait things ?

I quite like some of them as they can be useful for providing story hooks and inspiration for character backgrounds, links or ties. If we are not using them though then well thats no problem there just fluff really anyway in my mind :P

Laughing Hyena

Sabriel

Neat I have added that to my sheet then I found the prefect ones that I felt fitted and represented her background well.   

Yorubi

Any word if Callie is still planning on making a rogue or no? ^^;;

Sabriel

I was not aware he was planning on making a rogue, he suggested Alchemist, Cleric, Cleric/Wizard, fighter I think but I must of missed or forgotten any mention of rogue if there was one.

Yorubi

Hmm could of sworn he mentioned playing a rogue after his other two ideas got shot down for being taken already. ^^;; I'll double check if so and see what he is doing if he is even planning to still join here.

Edit: Ah I think he was asking if a thief or healer would be better, but never answered back specifically if any would be picked by him. ^^;;

Kate

we could do with one if your keen on making one yorubi

Yorubi

Hmm yeah I'll probably lean on that. I'll make a rogue up now. Worst comes to worst, callie already has one made up and I'll just have a character for another game. ^^

Kate

Sabriel

Well there is four of us so far as I remember that have sort of made characters specifically for the game with Callie suggesting some along the way too, so there is one or two more spots to be had depending if Laughing is open to have six players originally I know he said he wanted five but I remember some talk of that too.

So far (I think) we have a Alchemist,Bard,Fighter and Inquisitor 

A rogue would be useful too, I think the would fit in well with the group too someone who could make and disarm traps might fit in well maybe be more a part of the bounty hunting side of things, perhaps serving as a snitch and undercover type gathering information scouting etc.   

I am happy to help more if I can and well talk more about how characters might know each other previously etc :)

Yorubi

Well I wouldn't want to play the bad girl thief type... you know... more so the one that feels as though "what's yours is mine" and believes that the world is open to anyone who might want to explore. So what the door was locked and it was trapped, that doesn't mean anything when things are meant to be shared among people whether it might be a place to live or some item she might 'require'. It is not breaking and entering if you truly believe you are allowed to enter.  O:)

As a side note: It can be such a pain to find a good character sometimes. ^^;;

Sabriel

Hehe

Yeah that sounds good.

I think that would fit well with my own characters views too, since she would not believe herself restricted by such rules, she believes in laws and such but well has her own code of ethics which is above them and is strongly tied to her religion and not the laws of local governments etc although she will respect them and uphold them even so long as they don't interfere with her duty. For example, if someone she is after for some crime was hiding inside a building, given no other option she might be willing to break into the place to do her job although she would consider it simply going where she was needed. After doing such however she probably explain why she had no other option and perhaps attempt to make amends for the act and any damage even if it was caused by the other party. Basically she thinks of herself as an agent of law and the faith and well as such she is permitted to take certain methods and measures when there necessary. 

Yorubi

Exactly! Sept my character would avoid getting caught, and deny absolutely that she broke in, insisting that the door was open (despite the numerous locks she might of picked or traps disabled) and see no wrong or reason to justify her actions. She would be so bold to break into a friend's home and be found sleeping on their bed "cause there was no where else to sleep" and probably would wave them away innocently and turn over to her side and fall back asleep. ^^;; Pretty much if she ever got in trouble with the law, she would innocently try swatting them away as if she did nothing wrong in a rather cute and a bit playful manor. If she stole something, she was justify her way into doing it. Pretty much she would be playing stupid even though you know full well if you have a clue about her that she is very clever. XD

Ebb

That sounds neat, Yorubi. It's a very Fey sort of outlook.

Sabriel

Yeah that is neat I think that the group is coming along really nicely I am looking forward to seeing what exploits the little "Traveling Caravan" can get up too :)

Yorubi

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Yorubi16/RP%20chars/Ninja_Girl_anime.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Yorubi16/RP%20chars/anime_girl_elf.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Yorubi16/RP%20chars/theThief.jpg

Well i got 3 possible characters now woot! Yeah, if you can't figure, I'm one of those people who can't start on a character till I have a good appearance to work with to further complete the personality of the character. Hmm I could have her potentially being raised by the Fey actually, could be an interesting background. Was thinking of her growing up as an adopted child or something and a Fey could be interesting to use as 'parents' for her, give they work in this RP. :)

Kate

Yorubi

Haha alright. Well stat wise I got invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/26679/ which is pretty good really. Would of been nice to get a little higher on one stat and lower on another, but eh, more saves/skills isn't a bad thing either. Over-all rather nice rolls XD

Sabriel

He I normally work the other way around myself if I use a picture at all, although I can sometimes find myself inspired to create a concept for a picture.

I had several pictures I found for my character a few I thought I could use together but this one I thought was the best id found so far, it captured a few elements of her I felt and well the sort seaming luminescence around her fitted too. Since she like many of the Pholtus faith tends to wander around with some magical light emitting about her, her favored source is one of her magical items I purchased which is basically a ioun stone that simply emits light.  A gift given to her in her childhood (Probably by the man we are sent to find :P ) her first magical treasure and a comfort of her faith.

These are the others I thought inspiring and matching

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Maybe she could be one of the children orphans I mentioned in my background but maybe she wound up in the care of the Fae/Fey somehow instead, there is a nifty little trait for that being raised by magical creatures I mean.

I would agree with Kate also my preference would be for the third one, seams roguish and well I like the drawings style.   

Yorubi

I just feel a picture really does a good job emphasizing a character. Sure you "Can't judge a book by its cover" but at the same time you can tell some things about them and there should be reasonable expectations their behaviors should match their appearance to some degree. It can really inspire to some things you might not otherwise imagine. In the end, I do tend to have some general idea and I just like the picture to more focus in on the idea and give a better shape upon how the character is.

Hmm 3rd picture it is then. Traits I really need to check out myself. Not use to them being included (not that I'm an expert on system RPs to have lots of experience) so I'll probably give it a nice look over. I have made a rogue before though I was more so a throwing weapon rogue, while this time I'll be the good old 'brawler' type of sorts, getting into the action close and personal with a nice rogue touch of finesse behind her. ^^

Sabriel

Neat hehe I can certainly understand pictures being inspiring for things they can help a lot, I have been inspired before by them. I am just quite used to working from scratch and then like finding the picture later and matching it to what id dreamed up for the character.

If you need any help with anything Yorubi feel free to ask :)

Yorubi

Thanks! Was a little curious as to the trait that adopted children might gain from a magical creature you mentioned before... Didn't notice it when scanning through before. ^^;;

Hmm must say its harder to pick out a weapon. Was going for a short sword, but its stats and all seem kinda lack luster, might as well have a long sword and just get over-weight weapon (well if the gm allows it from 3.5 ^^;; ) since feat wise I'm actually pretty good with being human. Hmm I need a slashy-stabby-esque kind of weapon to feel like a happy rogue... just not sure what to pick. ^^

Edit: Wow... http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/sabre-sawtooth yeash that actually seems very good for a rogue to have. >.< 1d8 with 19-20/x2 and with exotic it counts as a light weapon ^^;;

Ebb

Added a picture and some traits. Couldn't find a halfling picture that I really fell in love with, but this one will do.

Sabriel

Here are is a big list of traits Yorubi

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits

and the one I mentioned is "Magical Knack"

QuoteMagical Knack

You were raised, either wholly or in part, by a magical creature, either after it found you abandoned in the woods or because your parents often left you in the care of a magical minion. This constant exposure to magic has made its mysteries easy for you to understand, even when you turn your mind to other devotions and tasks.

Benefit: Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn’t increase your caster level higher than your current Hit Dice.

Ive taken it before even when I intended never to multi class  :P

Yorubi

Haha I see. I saw the traits tree before just didn't see that particular one you were talking about. Well, just to get it over with my Hp roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3000263/ Ouch, looks like its getting back at me for having pretty good stat roles haha XD Well thats a 100% sure for me to apply all my favored class points to HP XD

Anyways so far here is my character so far. Keep in mind she isn't complete yet, its probably going to be about what you see there.
Tailee (Tai/Tay)

As a side note... for some reason my strength modifier hates me and its not working... won't let me modify it either so I'll need to add +3 to the misc tab for str skills or something. >.<

Sabriel

That is odd maybe if you fiddled around reentering and like refreshing the sheet it might update ?

I did have a problem with Kate's sheet at one point where I accidentally put in how much her horse weighed and it fluffed up her AC, but that I managed to fix by removing the weight of the horse which obviously your not going to carry around :P I did have to manually fix the AC though after.

Yorubi

Yeah not sure.... tried saving it a few times and it keeps doing it. Hmm I'll try messing around with some things to see.

Hmm well I used http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm here to find traits associated with Fey and found they don't really have much. >.< Wonder if Low-light vision would work (put it in for now) would count considering she probably would be in conditions being raised by them that she would adapt to it. ^^;; Still need to pick out 1 more trait that matches and is helpful... hmm not sure if any exists though heh ^^;;

Working anyways on weapons and the likes right now to get her nice and ready to go for combat. :) Hmm to get +2 AC (Amulet + Ring) or just go for +2 Strength for more hit...  *ponders*

Laughing Hyena

I have noticed that glitch as well and as for traits i should mention that its the standard practice of two traits without feats to increase it.

Sabriel

I figured that since it is the norm and suggested as did Kate since thats all she asked me to add to her sheet :-)

Yorubi

Yeah I figured it might be. Anyways, how does my character look thus far (granted I might change some things)?

Oh, and above I posted about taking a racial trait from Fey (since they aren't listed under traits at all) from d20 having the Low-light vision using the Adopted trait. Would that be fine?

Sabriel

I don't really think that would count as a trait  :P

Traits are supposed to be minor things not like actual racial abilities, that would get messy.

When it mentions racial traits it means those types of traits in the list, there not the same as race traits like dark vision etc, ability to use a certain weapon etc I believe.

Yorubi

Yeah true. Didn't really know about it so I'll just go grab another trait hehe :)

Edit: RReactionary only made sense since she could find herself in trouble and would react quickly from it. Hmm still debating to go Dirty Fighting since its useful and she probably would logically come to the conclusion to take what she can get if its being offered (in her mind at least) though I still might look through more for traits :) Armor expert seems good (and I can see logically that she would be comfortable in her armor and not have the penalty after being use to it for so long on her own) but eh I still think there are better matching traits.

Kate

Kate

Yorubi

I had an idea for your character.

How about making your dex your hightest state - and intellegence your second highest... then taking weaponfinesse (which uses your dex bonus to determine chances to hit not your strength - if you using light weapons)
choose rapiers - which have a higher chance of criticals - take improved critical later or any feats that extend critical chances...

making you lighter - less weighty - large chance of hurting things via criticals (some high damaging effects with weapon enchantments only happen during criticals)... (which i think rogues can pull off more often anyway).

but heaps of skill points (due to larger intellegence), and dex based skills (eg traps etc) your super good at (due to high dex)... and you still have more skill points left over.

No need to waste a feat learning rapiers as you as being a rouge already have that (no need to take exoitc weapon proficiency for them - or if you like exotic weapons you can use that for things like reapting crossbows or a handcrossbow or something else roguey

Yorubi

Eh I like the idea of a bruiser-esque kinda rogue. With the stats I rolled, getting 14 int really made it that much more in my favor that she would be able to be better at combat. The rapier can't be used according to this for both hands http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/rapier and even if it could, I still would need to take a feat to actually use it (overweight weapons or what not to lower the penalty for using a heavier weapon in offhand). Unless I use a light weapon in off hand, it just wouldn't work to use rapier as a weapon choice in terms of getting an extra feat. While I could get weapon finesse as a rogue talent, I would be cutting out of either weapon training (+1 attack is good considering lower attack rate I feel) or Resilency, which is pretty much +5 HP to my character if I drop below 0 once a day, which considering how I'll be up close and my HP rolls were anything but amazing, I think will be very helpful in more dangerous fights. As a side note, I noticed I forgot the -2 penalty on my weapons thanks haha ^^;;

The Sabre, sawtooth actually give with exotic weapon training the ability to use them and count them as Light weapons, thus lower the penalty to -2 instead of -4. While it has a little less crit chance then rapier, it has up to a d8 roll which I think more then makes up for it. Strength just will boost my characters damage up a lot more and with my dice rolls, it just made sense to me to go with higher strength (started 5 and +2 racial +1 level, it actually was my second highest dice roll not my highest) and skip on the feat for the sake of providing more bang for my buck when I do hit and helping to take out things faster since I'm a rather fragile melee character.

My character still will have pretty high dex in the end. If the game did go on so long, she would probably grab 2 more dex for greater two weapon which would give her +1 more boost. She will still be very good at traps but she will also be good in combat, hopefully having enough bang in her to take out things before they can strike her back, which will make up for her more fragile nature.  Int wise, 14 seems like a great number as the +2 basically gets me enough for 2 more skills, which I have pretty well covered. If I was to take the second highest value, I'd only have 15 int which would mean I would have to invest +1 from my level in int to get the next higher value for additional skills which i believe would only come after level 4. Investing +2 racial to int just didn't seem like a great thing to do. The only real skill I could see using it for is Use Magic Device, which I don't think I'll have any use for at all unless this went into a higher level game. ^^;;

Kate

Yorubi

Haha, trust me though, Rapier was one of the weapons in my mind until I saw the new Sabre, Sawtooth weapon. Must be from a recent pathfinder book cause I don't remember it before. I saw the weapon and what it did in terms of damage/crit and I went (ooo, that looks pretty good) then clicked on it and my jaw dropped seeing just how much better it was. Counting as a light weapon with exotic proficiency? Sign me up!  ;D

I do wonder though how long term of an RP this will be. If it lasts long enough I can't wait to get improved crit/twf and some more fancy rogue feats that can give me even more feats. XD I just hope if we do get plenty of more levels, I don't find myself rolling only 2s and 3s for my HP again. XP

Kate

im itching to get into some action also :)

Yorubi

Quote from: Kate on April 29, 2011, 10:32:03 AM
im itching to get into some action also :)
And for once on this website, that isn't talking about the naughty type of action.  ;D

Laughing Hyena

Okay Im gonna put a character sheet thread up but I do have a question for you people. Where shall I place these threads? In the Light Groups? Or in the Extreme Groups since this is technically capable of some nasty deaths even without sex in it.

Ebb

I think I'd call it "Light". Yes, there will be death, but it's D&D death. Not like torture porn.

Technically it could go into "Non-Adult Roleplays" ("This board is for roleplaying that does not contain explicit sex.")

Crovonovin

It really depends on what kind of non-sexual content you might be including, Laughing.  If you don't predict anything too extreme, then Ebb's suggestion to put it in the Non-Adult would be fine.  We're all adults here, so it's not like a bit of fantasy bloodshed or cursing is going to get anyone up in arms.

Sabriel

Id guess Light perhaps also but I am always a little bit confused by that anyway.

Yorubi

Light I think is more so for sexual encounters that might be on the more innocent side and likely not rampant through the RP. Given no sexual content at all, I would say that non-adult could work or if your concerned light could fit (section is locked). Really though, unless your going for some insanely crazy deaths (not me please!) then I would say you shouldn't really have to worry about it.

Laughing Hyena

Character Deatabase Thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105350.msg4572379#new

Well all I am saying is that there is some pretty vile things out there and not all of them are keen to just eating. Some like playing with their food.

But I promise I wont go nuts. As for the whole sexual stuff there is almost zero. Best you could hope for is exceptionally light fanservice for humors sake.

Yorubi

*Shivers* Why does "play with their food" sound even more creepy knowing that it involves no sexual stuff? O.O lol

Laughing Hyena

Hmm... I can think of one reason but I need someone to help explain this. *Rings up said help*

Jim Carrey Fire Marshall Bill In Hospital

Yorubi

Nyah! >.< Well thinking about it I really should probably write down more of a solid background for her instead of just a character sheet. Then again... so much work! *shifty eyes*

Crovonovin

I think that it's perfectly alright not to have pages and pages of backstory.  It'd good to have a general idea of course, but it can also be fun to go in relatively blind save for a personality and see what comes of it!

Laughing Hyena

Well it looks like we have all the players here so this means I can move onward to the actual fun stuff... ENJOY!

Anyway I'll be posting the opening to the adventure soon enough.

Yorubi

Sabriel

Are we still needing waiting on an extra character btw ?

Callie Del Noire

I *was* interested but a break in linking with my PC back here in Jax last week meant I had no access to the books and told LH to go without me.

Yorubi

So... is Callie sneakily telling us to go and yell at LH? XD

Callie Del Noire

Huh? I didn't say anything of the sort.

Sabriel

Well we haven't started anything yet Callie other than posted character sheets :P

At least I don't think we have unless I am missing something.

Laughing Hyena

And I did not forget about starting this. But nobody likes a crappy post for an opening.

Crovonovin

Indeed, take all the time you need Laughing!  I'm looking forward to the story you're preparing to weave, and I'd hate to feel like we're rushing you.

Sabriel

Yorubi

I agree! Take your time as we sharpen our Shivs... don't worry the longer you take, the sharper we can get them.  >:)

Laughing Hyena

*drumroll* And here is the IC thread! Enjoy the first post of this adventure! And hey don't forget to bookmark this.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105989.msg4602083#new

Crovonovin

Huzzah!  The fun commences, and with a climactic duel right out of the gate!

Yorubi

Hurray! To bad my mind is just fried today for RPing. T.T Oh well I'll hopefully get a post for tomorrow or my mind might somehow get fixed. Is there an OOC thread to post our character sheets on?

Edit: Durr we already did that. *sighs and shakes her head* I'm so useless today i swear.

Edit Edit: My roll... Really... cause I'm all disoriented it decides to grace me with an amazing roll? >.< lol Well I'm going to maybe take a nap and hopefully come back with a clearer head so I don't have to hold people up. At least its more so opening posts right now. ^^;;

Init: 20+5 = 25
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3012354/

Laughing Hyena

Glad you guys liked the first post I made. Took me a while to figure it out and since I had to translate the NPCs into Pathfinder rules this proved very time consuming. I'm glad to see my efforts were not in vain. :-)

Kate

i rolled - 13 in total for my initiative.

I am doing something right riding though i hope

Ride = 9 + take 10 = +19

Laughing Hyena

Please post your roll results and such in the IC room with a small horizontal rule to separate OOC and IC action.

Yorubi

Well my nap is done and I still feel a lil bit out of it, but at the same time motivated! Woot going to work on a post! ^^

Edit: As a side note... woot for the alchemist having a convenient wagon for the carefree rogue to hitch a ride on and nap on. XD

Edit Edit: And a posted. What better reason to go on such a quest for a fey raised child then out of boredom and the ability to hitch a ride on the alchemists wagon when he isn't looking? The RP just started and I'm already loving the personality I have behind Tailee. XD

Sabriel

Eeep surprise postings, Ill get to work on my own post immediately  ;D

Ebb

Great start, everyone.

LH: Do you want to keep this thread open for OOC chatter, or do a separate one? Or just do OOC chatter in spoiler boxes in the posts? I'm fine any way you decide.

Yorubi: I'm fine with our having overlooked the stowaway until now. It's not entirely realistic, but it'll be dramatic to have her appear in the middle of our first battle.

Yorubi

Well talking with Shihong pretty much he did say its fine though he probably ended up noticing her. Basically lets just say she gave a rather sweet look and slung around a few words about poor her and needing a ride and all and got him to give in. :) In terms of everyone else, its up to you if you know that he found her or if you found her yourself. ^^

Sabriel

Ello

I did wonder if we was supposed to see the druid which is why when I mentioned them I tried to skirt the issue, I did not want to ignore Kate's mention of it thougth :P

Anyway thats not quite why I was posting in the OOC

I was curious at all if it would be correct to hazard a guess at what type of creature this could be, since well that could influence my characters actions.  But then I would not wish to assume anything since well I might be a bit more apt than my character at guessing monsters base nature :P

The only reason I ask is because well I figure it might call for a use of her "Bane" ability but well she have to realize it's base nature to do that.

Kate

opps if i misread sorry ...

lets say the druid left and we have our hands full i guess - phps we may stumble upon him later

Laughing Hyena

using this for the OOC thread is fine I guess.

Yorubi

Well someone has to make an OOC thread for us to use one now, wouldn't they? *Playfully nudges Hyena* XD

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Sabriel on May 08, 2011, 06:58:57 AM
Ello

I did wonder if we was supposed to see the druid which is why when I mentioned them I tried to skirt the issue, I did not want to ignore Kate's mention of it thougth :P

Anyway thats not quite why I was posting in the OOC

I was curious at all if it would be correct to hazard a guess at what type of creature this could be, since well that could influence my characters actions.  But then I would not wish to assume anything since well I might be a bit more apt than my character at guessing monsters base nature :P

The only reason I ask is because well I figure it might call for a use of her "Bane" ability but well she have to realize it's base nature to do that.

Tell me what you think it might be and i'll tell you if its right or not.

Sabriel

Id guess that my character would be thinking it is some kind of Elemental creature.

Crovonovin

At the moment Jeremiah doesn't much care what it is, so long as he can keep pelting it with deadly explosives and hope for the best!

Sabriel

Well its only a relevant thing to her at present because if she can guess at its nature she can better fight it with her bane ability, bane is not a very useful ability unless applied to the proper targets of course  :P

Of course given the situation and the danger of perhaps the goals of the mission being compromised she probably be more willing to just hope it was a particular type of creature.

Yorubi

Think it is an elemental just how its described but who knows. I mean... why wouldn't it be... isn't it like one of the few things in pathfinder that can not be sneak attacked? lol XD

Crovonovin

If it looks like it's an artificial being without internal organs, then it's a fairly safe bet that sneak attack damage does not apply. 

Yorubi

Pretty much lol ^^;; Well reading it up, pathfinder made it so sneak attack works on most things no (excluding some exceptions) and elemental is one of those things it pretty much says is likely immune haha. ^^;; Sneak attacks work off weak points though rather internal organs though from what I read so many creatures can actually be hurt by it :)

Sneak Attack (Pathfinder SRD) if your curious and want to see. ^^

Only reason I know is cause I checked it out and know in DDO those damn undead that seem everywhere don't work with sneak attack. T.T

Crovonovin

Oh god, I just looked up the new abilities for the Alchemist in Ultimate Magic.

It...almost makes me wish I was playing a total lunatic instead of a good guy!

Of particular note...

Alchemical Zombie (Su): The alchemist gains the ability to animate a relatively complete corpse as an alchemy-powered zombie. This process takes 1 hour and costs 100 gp in alchemical reagents per HD of the corpse being animated; the dead creature gains the zombie template. Zombies that are created in this manner count as undead created by animate dead for the purposes of determining how many undead the alchemist can control. An alchemist must be at least 8th level before selecting this discovery. The created zombie is a creature, not a supernatural effect.

Doppelganger Simulacrum (Su): The alchemist learns how to create a soulless duplicate of his body, into which he can project his consciousness. As a full-round action, he may shift his consciousness from his current body to any one of his available doppelganger simulacra, which must be on the same plane as the alchemist. If killed in a simulacrum, he transfers to his own body automatically; if killed in his own body, he is dead. Unused simulacra (including his abandoned original body) appear to be lifeless corpses, though they do not decay. Creating a duplicate costs 1,000 gp in alchemical materials and requires 1 week to grow. An alchemist must be at least 10th level and must have the alchemical simulacrum discovery before selecting this discovery. The created simulacrum is a creature, not a supernatural effect.

Mummification (Ex): The alchemist has mastered preserving flesh and applied this knowledge to his own body, turning himself into an undeadlike creature. After learning this discovery, the alchemist must perform a 30-day regimen of a special diet, rigorous exercise, and drinking a mildly poisonous alchemical tea. At the end of this regimen, he falls unconscious for 24 hours, then awakens as a “living mummy.” The alchemist’s type does not change, but he becomes immune to cold, nonlethal damage, paralysis, and sleep. An alchemist must be at least 10th level and must have the preserve organs discovery before selecting this discovery.

Plague Bomb (Su)*: The effects of the smoke created by an alchemist’s bomb duplicates the effects of contagion instead of fog cloud, filling an area equal to twice the bomb’s splash area for 1 round per level. An alchemist must be at least 8th level and must have the smoke bomb discovery before selecting this discovery.

Preserve Organs (Ex): The alchemist learns how to preserve and protect his vital organs, reducing the chance of a mortal wound. When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on the alchemist, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally. This does not stack with similar abilities that negate critical hits and sneak attacks (such as fortification armor). An alchemist can take this discovery up to three times; the effects stack, increasing this chance to 50% and then 75%.

Tentacle (Ex): The alchemist gains a prehensile, arm-length tentacle on his body. The tentacle is fully under his control and cannot be concealed except with magic or bulky clothing. The tentacle does not give the alchemist any extra attacks or actions per round, though he can use it to make a tentacle attack (1d4 damage for a Medium alchemist, 1d3 damage for a Small one) with the grab ability. The tentacle can manipulate or hold items as well as the alchemist’s original arms can (for example, allowing the alchemist to use one hand to wield a weapon, the tentacle to hold a potion, and the third hand to throw a bomb). Unlike an arm, the tentacle has no magic item slots.

Vestigial Arm (Ex): The alchemist gains a new arm (left or right) on his torso. The arm is fully under his control and cannot be concealed except with magic or bulky clothing. The arm does not give the alchemist any extra attacks or actions per round, though the arm can wield a weapon and make attacks as part of the alchemist’s attack routine (using two-weapon fighting). The arm can manipulate or hold items as well as the alchemist’s original arms (for example, allowing the alchemist to use one hand to wield a weapon, another hand to hold a potion, and the third hand to throw a bomb). The arm has its own “hand” and “ring” magic item slots (though the alchemist can still only wear two rings and two hand magic items at a time). An alchemist may take this discovery up to two times.

Parasitic Twin (Ex): The alchemist’s vestigial limbs are part of a parasitic twin on his torso, consisting of a head, a torso, and two arms (from the vestigial limb discovery). Normally, the twin is mostly recessed within the alchemist’s body, with the visible arms acting like the vestigial arm discovery, though the alchemist can manifest or hide the twin as a standard action. The twin is helpless, fully subservient to the alchemist, and cannot be targeted or harmed. Once per day, if the alchemist succumbs to a mental effect that would make him unconscious, helpless, or not in control of his own actions (such as charm person, feeblemind, or hold person), he can reroll his saving throw; success means the twin absorbs the effect and the alchemist can ignore it. Using this ability sickens the alchemist for the duration of the absorbed effect (removing the effect from the twin ends the sickened condition), and he cannot use the twin’s limbs during that time, though passive effects (such as from rings worn on the vestigial limbs) continue normally. The alchemist must have selected the vestigial limb discovery twice before selecting this discovery.

Yorubi

Ooo Psychonaut! *Gets distracted with off topic thoughts of doing an RP inspired by that awesomeness of a game world*

Crovonovin

I saw that as well!  Alchemists got all sorts of wonderful goodies to work with.

The other classes...not so much.  Bards got particularly shafted, though they did snag one hilarious ability:

Effect: You silently mime building an invisible wall, flattening your hands along linear planes to indicate its location and orientation. This “wall” is only real for creatures that see you perform this masterpiece (Will negates); you and your allies may automatically fail your saves if you want to treat the wall as real (for example, if you want to use the wall as a bridge to cross a chasm). For creatures who believe the wall is real, it has hardness 8, 90 hit points, and a break DC of 30 (multiple believing creatures can attack the walls, breaking through it more quickly as if they were all attacking a real wall rather than each attacking separate mental constructs). This is an illusion (phantasm) effect. Because the wall is a mental image, it blocks incorporeal creatures that fail their saves (because they perceive it as a magical barrier that excludes them), though they can still go around the wall or through the floor or ceiling to bypass it. It does not affect objects or creatures immune to mental effects (which can result in situations like an archer firing through the wall but unable to physically cross it).

Sabriel

Crovonovin

Just a heads up, I'm going to be away from Sunday to Tuesday this week.  Heading down to Baltimore to attend my older sister's college graduation!

Laughing Hyena

Guys do decide on what you wish to do with Barathion when ready to proceed with the story. I cannot post anything really until you guys decide on this. The basic choices to sum it up are basically either let him go or apprehend him. Nothing prevents a third option of course.

Crovonovin

I say we join him.  If anything he's said is true, then it seems he had a damn good reason for the theft.  Letting him go would just be irresponsible, and apprehending him could possibly be disastrous.  Presumably he was going somewhere before getting attacked, so why not follow him?

Sabriel

I was hopping we would follow him.

Although I am trying to get everyones ideas ic too that is sort of the decision Lucrece means.

I was going to post in a bit :) I think it is going great so far hehe.

Kate

Yorubi

Character wise, Tailee is pretty much has no opinion on the matter. She pretty much is following them for the sake of finding some 'entertainment'. That and the fact considering her own 'profession', she really wouldn't find any fault with what he did anyways.  ;D

Laughing Hyena

Well it won't matter if you say what you intend to do here. I would like some IC decisions guys! You give me that and I give you what you want!  C:)

Kate

hey all can someone god-mode my character for about 2 days
(little hectic rl issues atm)

Laughing Hyena

Sabriel

I am curious but does nobody want to make an IC decision ? :P

Id hate to see this fail because of awkwardness and well everybody waiting on someone else to decide something or post next.

I won't have Lucrece decide something on her own since she would not do that in such a situation, but well if nobody really wants to put input into the decision then well I will for the sake of the story have her do so. 

:)

Kate

hey I have an idea which is funy for one post anyway.

Someone god-mode my character to make the decision - my character is impatient and bossy and would love makein a snap decision for others :)

Yorubi

I would make a decision myself but well... Tailee isn't exactly the type that would do that considering she is just going with the flow and somewhat just watching and observing them and providing some random aid. Heck, right now as far as the group is concerned, she probably would joke around a bit if she spotted a trap somewhere, likely saying something like "You sure you want to walk through there?" or "I don't know seems like that way can be quite painful." or something along those lines. No offense to anyone in the group, but she really has no attachment with anyone yet so she likely wouldn't be very direct about things and would even shrug it off if they didn't inquire about what she meant and continue on. ^^;;

I know... so bad... but hey, blame her parents for instilling such traits on her with strangers.  ;D

Crovonovin

Well Jeremiah has already made a decision to investigate the matter further, so I'm not sure what's holdin' ya'll back!

Yorubi

Mostly for me I'm just waiting for everyone else. ^^;; I feel silly about posting pretty much nothing constructive for the group, and there are no pockets for my character to randomly steal from someone for her own entertainment purposes... I mean she could steal from a group member, but even a girl like her wouldn't think of doing that to people who would easily notice just where it likely went.  ;D