[NC-H] ExCiv Boarding School <Game Closed>

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 29, 2012, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Grey

I do have some questions about personal items. What would be considered contraband? A clear defining of what is not allowed in a student's room would be easier than telling them what they can have.

I was thinking of letting mori have an old decorative tin of photos and her covering her room in things made from simple paper. Maybe to an extreme level. Just an idea.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Starcry on November 01, 2012, 06:00:55 PM
All I have to say is good luck trying to get near Naida. Hahaha. XD

But I do agree with Ryuka that is would take it to EX if he had barbs... as interesting as that would be.

Ok, so no barbs :P. Curious also personal items. So far I know I can keep pet cat inside my room confined there. But cats in general want explore and hate locked tight spaces so I thought Joshua could had given permission walk the cat on leash during off-class hours. Or is overall all enforcers hating cats or staff in general?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Yeah, the barbs thing isn't just a preference issue, it's an issue of the game's level. If it makes someone uncomfortable to read it at NC level, then it doesn't belong in NC, and even if you only do it in a private thread, there's a reason even solos are split up by Light, Bon, NC, and EX."

"Also, on the topic of putting a cat down, I don't have a taser, a tranquilizer, heavy body armor, and a shotgun full of rocksalt. I'm pretty sure with that kind of gear, and some military training, it wouldn't be that hard to take down a big cat even. C-Level is for people they're afraid might be able to stop a group of at least 4 to 5 trained soldiers, or could dangerously mess with peoples heads, or any number of similar issues. B-Level still covers some pretty heavy-duty targets, that's why their rooms come with a lock-down feature."

"As for Pepper, yeah, this isn't a nice place, and they don't give a shit about his cat. He's lucky he got to keep it at all, and it likely only happened because of the nature of his power and the fact that it could keep him calm. They're just not going to take any chances that the cat becomes a liability. I mean, if he can talk to it, what might he make it do? They can't know, so they're not just going to kill it because they hate it, they have standing orders to kill it."

Quote from: Lady Grey on November 01, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
I do have some questions about personal items. What would be considered contraband? A clear defining of what is not allowed in a student's room would be easier than telling them what they can have.

I was thinking of letting mori have an old decorative tin of photos and her covering her room in things made from simple paper. Maybe to an extreme level. Just an idea.

"It's hard to say specifically, depends on level and the characters power. No obvious weapons, swords and guns, even if they're props. When you get your stuff from home, you have an enforcer look over the list, and an enforcer checks them all when you get them. Since Mori's an A-Level, neither of those things would be an issue. They don't have a problem with you trying to feel at home, they just aren't going to make you feel at home themselves."

"A-Level students can even have a laptop (but it'll be wiped of all data and they won't have a connection to the internet, so anything they install would have to come directly from the school)."

EDIT: "Feel free to ask me anything about the school at any time. It's easier for me to explain if I know your questions directly. However, tonight I'll be out so I won't get back to you guys for at least a few hours yet. I'm going to go post a response to Dashenka and then leave."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Zhu Que

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 01, 2012, 05:57:38 PM
Ok, I edited the above sheet with changes you suggested. he is flexible and able bend a lot (yes, he could in theory lick his own balls :P). But he could not squeeze through narrow gaps in same crazy way like cats do and would need crush his bones or organs able to do it but he could squeeze through lot of stuff as he is naturally thin and slim.

I wait your judgement regarding the heat and are others okay having person who goes couple days horny every three months. Kind part of normal feline behavior cycle.

His scent ability edited. He can through scent smell moods in people but he may not accurately know what they are....at least without long term interaction and study person's scent when they openly show emotion. Some may smell cinnamo when they are angry and other smell acidic example.

I take his cat remains strictly inside his room and has litter box and food and if it wanders alone or is carried by him it's killed? Okay, it's quite harsh as I had hoped he can very least carry it around in his person or hold it on leash for walks.

I edited awa C section part, true that not even one enforcer is needed tackle him down but he has never seriously fought anyone in the school (at best he had fled or hided). If he would ever seriously go berserk he would be very difficult bring down. Have you tried kill adult cat? put it on sack and try drown it? The cats have natural fierce battle instinct and survival and for reason they are told to have nine lives as they are tough to kill in general. But as said Joshua had never been violent so not staff nor enforcers would know what he is capable if he ever decides go violent.

Also wait other folks comment on barbs, it is just on air subject and in basic format Joshua does not have them.

"I'll start off with, I agree with Ryuka, lets just not go there with the barbed cock. I mean, if enough people are for it, okay, but I don't favor it.

As continuance, on the having the cat thing. I could see maybe some Enforcers being not-major-dicks enough to bring his cat with him when they brought him to the school, but say, for example, if Celeste saw it out of his room alone, she might toss it to Sarina for a snack. If he carries it, I guess that depends on who plays Enforcers (since Ryu plays the NPC ones, it is up to him on the if he carries it), but otherwise I don't see a big issue if he carries it.

I don't see a problem with the 'in heat' thing, as long as it is played well. If it isn't a 'sexualized power' and just an affect on his hormones, like emphasizing sex drive through hormones, then I could see it being alright. Like, preening, following, maybe sniffing, hitting on others, stuff like that.... Horny is fine, but outright sexualized is a bit beyond being 'in heat' I think. (Also, just in case some didn't know, yes male cats go into 'heat', sorta.)

Also, about the amount of Enforcers it would take to stop him from being a problem... There is a difference between a human subduing an adult cat and a Extrahuman, powered Enforcer with a shotgun with rocksalt and tasers, plus tranquilizers, versus Joshua going berserk, two totally different settings... Like, again as an example, Joshua versus Celeste, if she really had to, she'd just put him to sleep with her powder, sure she'd probably get scratched up if she goes for a melee touch, but he could scratch her all he wants, she'll be hurt, but her powder will still take it's toll on him. His power/ability allows him feline traits (claws, flexibility, speed/agility, scent, stuff like that) which are mostly neutral or aversion, maybe minorly offensive if he uses his speed/agility to get close to attack, but he doesn't seem like a fighter character from the character sheet.

In my opinion, the claws and speed are what would make him Level-B, but otherwise would be Level-A.

Man, took forever to type...

Also, Starcry, love that little video of the cat, so true, lol."

Lady Grey

Well Mori is level B last I checked. I'm just thinking that with her having been there that long, she'd have enough time to decorate it with what she has. So paper cutouts and origami on the concrete walls. Yeah that'll do. Maybe she passes the time with crafts and books. That'll work. I'm just going through the process of fleshing her out more.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Lady Grey on November 01, 2012, 06:48:07 PM
Well Mori is level B last I checked. I'm just thinking that with her having been there that long, she'd have enough time to decorate it with what she has. So paper cutouts and origami on the concrete walls. Yeah that'll do. Maybe she passes the time with crafts and books. That'll work. I'm just going through the process of fleshing her out more.

"Oh, haha, I forgot, she comes off so mild mannered... She's only B-Level because if she learned to fight... Well, Deadpool, Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike... Even toned down, they'd still be badasses."

"Anyway, yeah, she's probably practically A-Level, so they'd allow her whatever little things, as long as she's not really likely to hurt people with them. Paper's pretty much a non-issue unless you're Readman (Read or Die)."

Zhu Que

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 01, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
Ok, so no barbs :P. Curious also personal items. So far I know I can keep pet cat inside my room confined there. But cats in general want explore and hate locked tight spaces so I thought Joshua could had given permission walk the cat on leash during off-class hours. Or is overall all enforcers hating cats or staff in general?

"Two things on this. Cats in general, don't have a specific thing they do. Cats are picky and have their own style to do thing. I personally have had more cats that are lazy than adventurous, and more cats the like tiny cages (without the door, given) as hidey holes rather than being in the open. It all depends on the individual cat (I've had many many cats throughout my life and have seen a multitude of personalities in them)...

Also, on the 'Enforcers hating cats' thing, it is not so much as them hating, but more of the fact that is would be a law in the prison, based on the chances he could be using his powers with the cat. There are too many possibilities he could use it... or the cat could upset the other students.. like Evangeline and Sarina definitely... Sarina might eat it, and Evangeline could have a reaction to it, thinking it a hallucination or something.... It would be a rule to the Enforcers to 'deal with it' anyway."

Marie Reynolds

So i know that your looking for students but i was wondering if you would be okay with a human Massage therapist/ Morale and creative acitivites person that is their for the staff and class A inmates. I would hope that would be acceptable concept.

Zaer Darkwail

Zhu Que's comment
Quote from: Zhu Que on November 01, 2012, 06:22:57 PM
"I'll start off with, I agree with Ryuka, lets just not go there with the barbed cock. I mean, if enough people are for it, okay, but I don't favor it.

As continuance, on the having the cat thing. I could see maybe some Enforcers being not-major-dicks enough to bring his cat with him when they brought him to the school, but say, for example, if Celeste saw it out of his room alone, she might toss it to Sarina for a snack. If he carries it, I guess that depends on who plays Enforcers (since Ryu plays the NPC ones, it is up to him on the if he carries it), but otherwise I don't see a big issue if he carries it.

I don't see a problem with the 'in heat' thing, as long as it is played well. If it isn't a 'sexualized power' and just an affect on his hormones, like emphasizing sex drive through hormones, then I could see it being alright. Like, preening, following, maybe sniffing, hitting on others, stuff like that.... Horny is fine, but outright sexualized is a bit beyond being 'in heat' I think. (Also, just in case some didn't know, yes male cats go into 'heat', sorta.)

Also, about the amount of Enforcers it would take to stop him from being a problem... There is a difference between a human subduing an adult cat and a Extrahuman, powered Enforcer with a shotgun with rocksalt and tasers, plus tranquilizers, versus Joshua going berserk, two totally different settings... Like, again as an example, Joshua versus Celeste, if she really had to, she'd just put him to sleep with her powder, sure she'd probably get scratched up if she goes for a melee touch, but he could scratch her all he wants, she'll be hurt, but her powder will still take it's toll on him. His power/ability allows him feline traits (claws, flexibility, speed/agility, scent, stuff like that) which are mostly neutral or aversion, maybe minorly offensive if he uses his speed/agility to get close to attack, but he doesn't seem like a fighter character from the character sheet.

In my opinion, the claws and speed are what would make him Level-B, but otherwise would be Level-A.

Ok, I am fine/making sense that if his cat is found alone outside his room it's valid target for extermination (as he can talk to the cat). But I wonder why they would see a house cat any major threat at all even if Joshua could command it? The cat has normal intelligence of a cat. It cannot do kung fu, it cannot hack computers and it is not Monthy Python rabbit either in ferocity. Only best what it could do is deliver messages and to deliver messages it must carry them (as others cannot talk to cats very least). But fine, he likely carries it around or holds in leash while moving off class hours as class time his cat remains in his room. Overall my cats what I have got were wandering sort, but then again I have heard cats can live in apartments just fine so let's assume Pepper is that kind of cat.

Also I did mean with heat that his hormone levels go higher and his behavior goes...well....more friendly towards women and bit more aggressive towards men. It's all emotional level change in behavior but it does not give him extra powers or such.

What comes to Joshua going berserk; true as he is not trained fighter and he can be put down. But I would rule if he goes berserk then enforcer who has no supernatural powers cannot bring him down alone (because in berserk his adrenaline levels would explode and so increase all his physical features at least one category up and even if he feels pain his pain tolerance goes lot higher). So it would require coordinated effort of two enforcers or specific supernatural power which would make enforcer able bring Joshua down easily. Joshua cannot kill (slightly harm maybe) heavily armored targets but anyone who is unarmored may get hospital trip or die even on injuries. But overall discussion him going berserk is moot as it's very unlikely event to occur (only closest what could bring him to that point is that someone tortures and kills his cat front of him).

Dashenka

Sarina (my character) is a wolf. Ever seen what happens if you put a cat and a large dog in the same room? That's what's gonna happen :) Joshua might command his cat but he cannot control Sarina. Plus, some students might be allergic to cats, like I am in real life.

I got a small Jack Russel in real life and when she sees a cat she goes ape and she's a small cute and cuddely dog.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Zhu Que

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 01:42:25 AM
Zhu Que's comment

Ok, I am fine/making sense that if his cat is found alone outside his room it's valid target for extermination (as he can talk to the cat). But I wonder why they would see a house cat any major threat at all even if Joshua could command it? The cat has normal intelligence of a cat. It cannot do kung fu, it cannot hack computers and it is not Monthy Python rabbit either in ferocity. Only best what it could do is deliver messages and to deliver messages it must carry them (as others cannot talk to cats very least). But fine, he likely carries it around or holds in leash while moving off class hours as class time his cat remains in his room. Overall my cats what I have got were wandering sort, but then again I have heard cats can live in apartments just fine so let's assume Pepper is that kind of cat.

Also I did mean with heat that his hormone levels go higher and his behavior goes...well....more friendly towards women and bit more aggressive towards men. It's all emotional level change in behavior but it does not give him extra powers or such.

What comes to Joshua going berserk; true as he is not trained fighter and he can be put down. But I would rule if he goes berserk then enforcer who has no supernatural powers cannot bring him down alone (because in berserk his adrenaline levels would explode and so increase all his physical features at least one category up and even if he feels pain his pain tolerance goes lot higher). So it would require coordinated effort of two enforcers or specific supernatural power which would make enforcer able bring Joshua down easily. Joshua cannot kill (slightly harm maybe) heavily armored targets but anyone who is unarmored may get hospital trip or die even on injuries. But overall discussion him going berserk is moot as it's very unlikely event to occur (only closest what could bring him to that point is that someone tortures and kills his cat front of him).

"Lol, I love that you mentioned the rabbit, hehe. Okay, on with the cat. The point is that there is always a chance that he can use the cat to do a few things that could be problematic. Like if he could see through it's eyes, or it could tell him what it has seen, or he could listen through it's ears. Those could all be an issue for the school if he were to be able to do them. There are more things that can be possible but I am eating so it is hard to think beyond the food in my bowl, lol. But yeah, point is, the school wouldn't want to take chances, and with him carrying it or being with it, that cuts out that possibility that he is using it for something other than just a pet... Yeah, my two inside cats (and one of my outside cats) are not really adventurous, preferring to be in one little area... I think Pepper being like an apartment kitty works, it'd be less likely to try to escape... and it will still have his whole room to play in.

I was just making sure about the hormone thing, I thought I had seen it mentioned, just wanted to confirm it. but yeah like I said, as long as it is more of a behavioral thing then I don't see a problem with it.

About the Enforcers, most have powers, and so far I only really know of one player's Enforcer who isn't an Extrahuman. Also, it is not moot to think about if he were to go berserk, as that is taken into account for placing him in a level. Ryuka, Pyrk, and I talked about this last night, levels are not just based on powers, or personality. There are other things, like potential to be a threat, and how strong of a threat... Like I'll use my two for example. Celeste would have been a Level-B (since some characters have been there long enough to know this), as she has a potential to be a problem, being able to put people to sleep or hamper their ability to fight well by making them dizzy and out of it. Her potential is that she could assist someone, make it easier for them to escape or kill Enforcers and staff... She isn't a huge threat cause she isn't likely to kill someone with her power, and her personality doesn't give much of a reason to be aggressive, as she is really against the idea of Extrahumans being around humans, so escaping isn't an option to her, and she doesn't much care for getting shot or tasered because of fighting.... Now, Evangeline, she is Level-C because she is a major threat. She can harm anyone with earshot of her, or can focus it directly. She doesn't need to rely one someone else to escape or cause a huge problem. Also, added to that, her personality is sorta vicious because of her stunted emotions and inappropriate reactions. She thinks hurting people isn't a problem. She is also capable of handling several people at once if she came of her meds.... Just because Joshua isn't likely to fight, they will still consider it because there is always the chance, and they want to be prepared... Not saying it will ever happen, and I agree that Joshua could hurt people, even on the off chance kill someone, I've seen cats fuck people up enough that bleeding and infection and shock from pain are really bad. I knew a girl who lost use of two fingers because she held a cat wrong and he clawed her, tearing the ligaments/tendons (whichever) in her hand. So it is about his ability and potential, and yes likelihood is counted in, just 'unlikely event' still translates to 'can happen, might happen, must be prepared.'

I'm not trying to fight you on everything about the character. I enjoyed your last character, and I think this one has potential to be interesting, especially the 'in heat' thing. I also would like to see him interact with Evangeline because she would kinda think he's a hallucination, or that she is hallucinating ears on him. I'm just trying to help explain things about how being placed on Levels is done, and help work out the kinks. Not doing it to be mean, just that it will help things run smoother if the kinks are out now, rather than running into something during the game that has to pause a scene to be talked about."

Quote from: Dashenka on November 02, 2012, 03:26:48 AM
Sarina (my character) is a wolf. Ever seen what happens if you put a cat and a large dog in the same room? That's what's gonna happen :) Joshua might command his cat but he cannot control Sarina. Plus, some students might be allergic to cats, like I am in real life.

I got a small Jack Russel in real life and when she sees a cat she goes ape and she's a small cute and cuddely dog.

"There is also that about the cat. If Sarina sees it as a snack, and it is alone, Sarina might decide she is hungry... Even beyond the allergic, since the school probably (<~ Read as 'really') doesn't care, it is more about the potential he can use it in a way they don't want happening.

Also, Dashenka, sorry about you being allergic to cats... Ryuka is too, he has to deal with cat hair on me all the time, luckily my two don't shed too much... and your dog sounds absolutely hilarious when it comes to cats, heh."

Zaer Darkwail

My german shepard crapped my bed because he woke up while my cat was watching it. Also that my dog could not leave the bed (the bed was between solid wall and large solid shelf so it was narrow space). Cat was end of the bed staring him. My dog, unable escape yelped and crapped all over the bed in nervous diarrhea.

But overall my dog was scared of the cat. It's the smaller dogs who have issues with the cats while what larger the dog, that more scared it's about the cat. At least where I am from anyways :P. But overall I have seen also dogs who get along with cats. But considering your wolf, you may consider cat as easy lunch target (as it's not even close in appearance to feral cats what wolf should be wary; like lynx, lion, tiger, lepard etc).

Anyways no problems Zhu, I wanted talk the kinks out so I can understand the limitations why they are in place. So now that we have talked about them can I enter my char into charsheet thread? or are there further issues which need talked about? Anyways I agree it can be funny that someone in school imagines him (or his cat in his lap) as hallucination (or his feline features). Overall my char would not cause problems in school and he has been good 'student' much as possible as he wants avoid/harm abuse in ignoring school rules. But up to staff and co-GM's decide has he been abused or not. He just had entered young age to school and adapted. Only worth to mention was his temper tantrums which are normal for young boys in teenage years. But now he had got no temper tantrums altough he at times can sulk or be depressed at times.

Other times he is during his heat acting bit weird but harmless manner and for hilarity you could throw catmint bag at him ;).

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 01:42:25 AM
Zhu Que's comment

"On the cat thing... They're not going to take any chances. Especially in this school. They don't know if his cat can tell him things, even basic things like 'if I go this way, there's something secret' or 'this is a path through the vents' or some shit. Not to mention, imagine a student with some kind of 'time bomb'-like power, that could attach something to the cat that could be dangerous. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of students in the school, every one with a special power. If the cat isn't treated as a threat, it's a very easy way to fuck with people. Since the school isn't going to waste its time giving him rules on when and where and how he can take care of his cat, it's just one simple rule. See the cat (or any animal) assume it's a threat, tranq it or kill it."

"Part of the issue isn't just that it is a danger, it's that it could be a danger, and they don't care about your cat. So why waste time thinking about how it could be a danger or how to allow you to have it safely, rather than just put it down or kill it on sight. The issue here is, I am trying to be mean. That's the point of the setting, this place sucks, it's a bigoted, awful place. Any overall policy, is always going to be fucked up. That's why every kid gets sterilized."

"Oh hey... Every kid gets sterilized... Including Joshua... Okay, new view on the heat thing... If he's dangerous when in heat, and he could be sterilized in a way that stops him from going into heat... They'd probably do that to him. I'll take the opinions of the peanut gallery on this. What does everyone think about that?"

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on November 02, 2012, 01:22:43 AM
So i know that your looking for students but i was wondering if you would be okay with a human Massage therapist/ Morale and creative acitivites person that is their for the staff and class A inmates. I would hope that would be acceptable concept.

"Now, onto this... I'm going to say, no questions, no... This place is not at all that kind of place, and this is not that kind of game. Staff members cost money, and they aren't paying someone to make the students feel better. Maybe they should, and maybe that will be an issue if/when the revolution story comes up, but no, they're not going to. Honestly, 'Massage Therapist' screams 'overtly sexual' to me, and that's just not the point of this game. I can see why these kids would be having a lot of sex, but I don't want to make the setting about that."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Oh shit, right, about the Josh fighting thing! If he flips out, yes, he'd take out a normal person. However, normal people don't wear heavy duty armor, and carry shotguns full of rocksalt. If someone rocksalts you in the chest, I don't care how much adrenaline you have, you're going to stop. Unless your power gives you some kind of super endurance or pain tolerance, more than just being animal-like. That shit hurts, it's not like a tiny tranq dart. It's like grinding salt into a wound, at extremely high speeds. If you take a rocksalt blast and don't flinch or drop, I'mma call bullshit on you... Unless your power actively protects you. This goes for anyone. There's a reason they use those to punish the worst behaved students."

Zhu Que

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 03:39:12 AM
My german shepard crapped my bed because he woke up while my cat was watching it. Also that my dog could not leave the bed (the bed was between solid wall and large solid shelf so it was narrow space). Cat was end of the bed staring him. My dog, unable escape yelped and crapped all over the bed in nervous diarrhea.

But overall my dog was scared of the cat. It's the smaller dogs who have issues with the cats while what larger the dog, that more scared it's about the cat. At least where I am from anyways :P. But overall I have seen also dogs who get along with cats. But considering your wolf, you may consider cat as easy lunch target (as it's not even close in appearance to feral cats what wolf should be wary; like lynx, lion, tiger, lepard etc).

Anyways no problems Zhu, I wanted talk the kinks out so I can understand the limitations why they are in place. So now that we have talked about them can I enter my char into charsheet thread? or are there further issues which need talked about? Anyways I agree it can be funny that someone in school imagines him (or his cat in his lap) as hallucination (or his feline features). Overall my char would not cause problems in school and he has been good 'student' much as possible as he wants avoid/harm abuse in ignoring school rules. But up to staff and co-GM's decide has he been abused or not. He just had entered young age to school and adapted. Only worth to mention was his temper tantrums which are normal for young boys in teenage years. But now he had got no temper tantrums altough he at times can sulk or be depressed at times.

Other times he is during his heat acting bit weird but harmless manner and for hilarity you could throw catmint bag at him ;).

"Aww, poor dog, sounds like the cat planned on staring him down. Aslo, about size relating to fear of cats, that isn't a thing, it is more about the dog's temperament and personality, as well as general exposure to cats. I have a big (as if crazy big Pitt/Mastiff mix, ask Pyrk, my roommate) dog who thinks he is a cat, and has even defended the cats from other animals... I also live near people with a bunch of chihuahuas, and yeah, smaller dogs tend to be more aggressive to cats because of size issues, they build up a need to feel bigger than something and prove their dominance, cats are easy targets because cats prefer flight to fight usually (sometimes cats will whip the dog's ass, like my girl Priss, she chases anything from the yard, from little dogs, to rodents (and yes I'm saying the rodents are bigger than the little dogs, lol), to big dogs like pitts and rottweilers... and then I've seen big dogs attack cats... I actually lost one of my precious ones because rottweilers came in my yard and I even heard the young cat scream as the rottweiler picked it up and swung it, snapping her spine... the dog just did it to kill her, not even to eat her or protect something (since it was in my yard, not that dog's territory)...

Size isn't the issue, it is all about the temperament and personality of the dog... and I think that Sarina is a feral wolf, so cat would be prey most likely.... also on a side note, feral cats and domestic cats are less frightening that big cats, like lions and leopards and stuff, but I've seen dogs take on big cats like they were kittens that needed a bitch slap.

I see no problem with you posting the character sheet, but the final say is up to Ryuka. I do think the biggest issue will be over the cat, since the school, no matter how it is put, is not a friendly place, and could care less about letting a student have the luxury of a pet, let alone a student with a power that could give them some connection to that pet and allow them to possibly use the pet somehow. Like I said, a lot of it has to do with potential more than likelihood of something."

Inari

I have had cats spayed and neutered before (Owned both male and female) and can vouch that they calm down and don't go into heat. Some of them stay a little hyper because it is just how they are, but they do become more laid back and less likely to start fights. So I agree that with sterilization would stop him going into heat and would stop him even having the desire to fight unless his life felt threatened. (My cat Quicksilver only attacks young kitty Yoshimi when she starts fights and once she submits she leaves her alone.)

As for the cat being a pet, given it's risk and the nature of the school I doubt they'd let him keep it. But that's just me.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 03:39:12 AM

"Huh, so this one snuck up on me. I dunno how I missed it."

"First, you don't add your sheet to the OOC thread, I will when I'm satisfied with it. That's not a challenge or anything, that just a statement of how I'm doing things."

"I'd definitely like to deal with this sterilization vs heat thing, and get other opinions on it, but I'm thinking the heat thing is no go because the sterilization process would end that (even if the normal sterilization process wouldn't, I imagine if they knew he was dangerous in heat, they'd use a process that would stop him from going into heat). If people think that's too severe, I might give leeway."

Quote from: Starcry on November 02, 2012, 04:15:50 AM
As for the cat being a pet, given it's risk and the nature of the school I doubt they'd let him keep it. But that's just me.

"Again, he can have it in his room, that's fine, just no where else. It's his problem and his only. If it's seen leaving the room (there's surveillance everywhere, and enforcers in the B-Level dorm areas at all times), they'll just tranq it and take it to the Doctor to be put down, permanently."

Zaer Darkwail

So you disagree with Zhu regarding Joshua carrying his cat around? Or do you merely say same thing what she did but in different words and press on issues what she mentioned? I thought carrying is ok as he sees/hears same amount if not more than his cat and can also better analyze it. So him carrying a cat is no extra threat. Of course if staff is paranoid and think he can throw his cat like a grenade which explodes then they could force him keep his cat on his room. But I would imagine they have charted his mutated gene thoroughly in 4 years what he has been there and know what his abilities are and what they could possibly be and they likely run interviews and test has he mutated further or have new powers (or did any old powers expanded).

What comes for Joshua being 'neutered' then he can be sterilized but it does not cut his heat. As his heat comes from combination of his human and feline genes. So long he has any capability for sexual activity (simply; is able get his cock hard) he will go into heat (so in that sense his heat differs from a feline one). It also had been researched (both on humans and on him) that removing sexual urge entirely kills him on depression (literally his life systems shuts down and I doubt ExCiv would do purposeful surgery which kills him in slow death). He is not dangerous in heat but to avoid some social or awkward issues with his behavior they use the only medication which works calm down his urges but does not stop all of them occurring. The increased aggression towards males (especially those bothering him when he participates in sexual activity anykind) is level same as someone for having bad day or have been annoyed by something. So 'dangerous' is based on factor of provocation (it is like woman's period and I doubt ExCiv would remove periods just because student gets bitchy once every month and Joshua's case it's once per three months) and as said Joshua had never been in fight in ExCiv, minimum one and it was during his temper tantrum and being more a punch thrown to a student who had annoyed him (and that temper tantrum moment did not occur during his heat).

Edit; I like to Joshua have a cat so he gets some use from his feline communication ability. As I consider it fun and quirk of his characther to talk to his cat and gives me source for RP even when he is 'alone' in his room or when he carries cat around and talks to him and folks hear him meowing about.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 04:26:53 AM
So you disagree with Zhu regarding Joshua carrying his cat around? Or do you merely say same thing what she did but in different words and press on issues what she mentioned? I thought carrying is ok as he sees/hears same amount if not more than his cat and can also better analyze it. So him carrying a cat is no extra threat. Of course if staff is paranoid and think he can throw his cat like a grenade which explodes then they could force him keep his cat on his room. But I would imagine they have charted his mutated gene thoroughly in 4 years what he has been there and know what his abilities are and what they could possibly be and they likely run interviews and test has he mutated further or have new powers (or did any old powers expanded).

What comes for Joshua being 'neutered' then he can be sterilized but it does not cut his heat. As his heat comes from combination of his human and feline genes. So long he has any capability for sexual activity (simply; is able get his cock hard) he will go into heat (so in that sense his heat differs from a feline one). It also had been researched (both on humans and on him) that removing sexual urge entirely kills him on depression (literally his life systems shuts down and I doubt ExCiv would do purposeful surgery which kills him in slow death). He is not dangerous in heat but to avoid some social or awkward issues with his behavior they use the only medication which works calm down his urges but does not stop all of them occurring. The increased aggression towards males (especially those bothering him when he participates in sexual activity anykind) is level same as someone for having bad day or have been annoyed by something. So 'dangerous' is based on factor of provocation (it is like woman's period and I doubt ExCiv would remove periods just because student gets bitchy once every month and Joshua's case it's once per three months) and as said Joshua had never been in fight in ExCiv, minimum one and it was during his temper tantrum and being more a punch thrown to a student who had annoyed him (and that temper tantrum moment did not occur during his heat).

Edit; I like to Joshua have a cat so he gets some use from his feline communication ability. As I consider it fun and quirk of his characther to talk to his cat and gives me source for RP even when he is 'alone' in his room or when he carries cat around and talks to him and folks hear him meowing about.

"I don't like the passive-aggression here. I was willing to debate this, but now I'm not, that kind of stuff bugs the crap out of me. I was trying to be fair by letting you argue it, but now you're fighting needlessly with myself and other players. That's not a good sign, so I'm now ending the argument... However, I'm still a fair GM, so if you'd like to step down, you may, but I am now going to get strict with this character. I am also going to allow other players to have their input. If they would rather not have you here, I'm going to listen to them, and ask you to kindly leave."

"If you start drama over this decision, I will stop asking kindly. I will not have it. This isn't fun, and we didn't come here to have arguments like this. It sucks to get dogpiled on, I get that. However, it doesn't matter, we're not here to appease you. You've chosen to press the issues, despite multiple people telling you they disagree (including the GM and two players who are as close to Co-GMs as this game has)."

"I'm sorry that it has come to that, but antagonism is not my idea of enjoying a game."

Zaer Darkwail

Is this about the heat or cat issue or the both?

So far I noticed some liked the heat idea and Zhu explained it well to me and said it would be okay for Joshua to carry his cat around. But if you disagree he cannot have heat nor the cat (not even in his room)....it would remove two fun factors from my char when it comes interacting with others :/.

Anyways sorry if I sound passive-aggressive. It feels to me your more aggressive towards me than otherway around and it provokes me to respond.

Lady Grey

I agree with the sterilization thing. I think sex would be rampant in a place like this because despite everything they are still people desiring comfort. They will seek out the littlest bit of happiness even if it bodes horribly for them. I think that's the thing Ryuka is trying to get across here. If we get wrapped up in little things that are there more for style than substance, we'll miss the whole point of the story. We are depicting the lives of people in their own living hell, trying to make things work in the midst of overwhelming sadness. At least that's how I picture it. We need to maintain this sort of mood.

The whole heat thing is just a means for you (Zaer) to get your sub-like character into sexual situations. It would not be much work to do that without a biological component driving you towards it.

Zhu Que

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 04:26:53 AM
(it is like woman's period and I doubt ExCiv would remove periods just because student gets bitchy once every month and Joshua's case it's once per three months)

"I would like to point something out about this, given I am a woman and happen to have these damned little monthly annoyances... I don't get bitchy during that time, and I actually can't think of more than maybe six women I've ever met who actually get bitchy.. it is all about personality and how a chick deals with cramps and the hormone fluxes... Point is, periods aren't a good comparison... and actually there are common meds that can either completely remove periods or make them worse, I was on a shot that happened to stop mine for the duration I was receiving the shots... and I totally could see ExCiv doing something about it if they could and it were a real problem."

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2012, 04:46:47 AM
Is this about the heat or cat issue or the both?

So far I noticed some liked the heat idea and Zhu explained it well to me and said it would be okay for Joshua to carry his cat around. But if you disagree he cannot have heat nor the cat (not even in his room)....it would remove two fun factors from my char when it comes interacting with others :/.

Anyways sorry if I sound passive-aggressive. It feels to me your more aggressive towards me than otherway around and it provokes me to respond.

"First thing is it is more about the heat issue, I think... Also, I didn't say it was okay for him to carry around the cat, I just said that wasn't as bad as it wandering by its self... the cat staying in the room was my room, it'll be okay in the room and not have a chance of getting eaten or something, at the same time, not upset the school staff with possibilities... So, cat is allowed, in your room preferably, or there are chances it won't last long.

The heat thing is the issue really... All students are getting sterilized, I forgot about this as I was responding before, because I have a preference in favor of this ideal.... but being sterilized would affect the fact of the hormone changes. The body would not have the reasons for producing the 'sex drive' hormones, in turn, no excessive hormones to trigger 'heat'. I'm trying to do this in a less opinionated, more factual way, so that it is not an attack... simplest put, being sterilized would stunt anyone's sex drive at least somewhat... It is funny actually, as a lot of birth control processes can stunt a females sex drive, since the body feels a bit of a 'shut down' of some hormones due to the extra ones from meds, or from parts of the body being 'cut off' from the flow of hormones... Say a girl gets her tubes tied, her ovaries stop sending signals to the thyroid and brain that request hormones to inspire getting sexual gratification."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"This is about how you've approached it. I've already gotten complaints about it, and as I said, we're not here to appease you. If your 'fun things' aren't fun for other people, or make the setting feel wrong, then you're messing with the game for other people, and that's not okay by me. You respond like you are making statements, rather than debates. Like I should be listening to you, despite being the GM, and having at least two other players argue against you."

"That tells me you're a risk, as a player, of future drama, and I don't want it. Even now, you speak to me like I 'made a suggestion'. I'm not making a suggestion. I haven't had any real complaints about players until you. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you pushed."

"So now, it's not up to you or me. It's up to the other players. They are going to tell me what they think. I won't make a decision like this. So you can't argue with me about it. I'm not making the decision anymore. I'm letting everyone else decide if they want you here, or if I'm being too harsh. If they think so, I'm happy to hear their side of it. The only say you get in this, is if you choose to leave because you no longer wish to play."

"I wish it hadn't gotten like that, but it has."

Quote from: Lady Grey on November 02, 2012, 04:49:54 AM
I agree with the sterilization thing. I think sex would be rampant in a place like this because despite everything they are still people desiring comfort. They will seek out the littlest bit of happiness even if it bodes horribly for them. I think that's the thing Ryuka is trying to get across here. If we get wrapped up in little things that are there more for style than substance, we'll miss the whole point of the story. We are depicting the lives of people in their own living hell, trying to make things work in the midst of overwhelming sadness. At least that's how I picture it. We need to maintain this sort of mood.

The whole heat thing is just a means for you (Zaer) to get your sub-like character into sexual situations. It would not be much work to do that without a biological component driving you towards it.

"Twenty points to Ravenclaw for totally getting it." n.n

"In fact, I'm linking stuff to that post."

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I agree that sterilization occurs to all students to avoid pregnancy or other problems. Also I did mean the heat as driving factor why Joshua would seek company with female students even if it's not allowed or approved by the staff (as said he is trying be 'good student' to avoid trouble and heat drives him get into trouble). His cat Pepper is means for him talk someone and have a 'NPC' friend whom he talks to and is close to. I also thinked he could talk lots with Pepper stuff which they will do once they are out but overtime those talks have turned to be more depressing than cheerful for Joshua.

So, without heat Joshua feels he would be boring char to play as he would be constantly sub and only talk with people and directly avoid getting trouble (in sense; doing sexy stuff what others do for comfort).

Quote from: Zhu Que on November 02, 2012, 04:56:06 AM
"First thing is it is more about the heat issue, I think... Also, I didn't say it was okay for him to carry around the cat, I just said that wasn't as bad as it wandering by its self... the cat staying in the room was my room, it'll be okay in the room and not have a chance of getting eaten or something, at the same time, not upset the school staff with possibilities... So, cat is allowed, in your room preferably, or there are chances it won't last long.

The heat thing is the issue really... All students are getting sterilized, I forgot about this as I was responding before, because I have a preference in favor of this ideal.... but being sterilized would affect the fact of the hormone changes. The body would not have the reasons for producing the 'sex drive' hormones, in turn, no excessive hormones to trigger 'heat'. I'm trying to do this in a less opinionated, more factual way, so that it is not an attack... simplest put, being sterilized would stunt anyone's sex drive at least somewhat... It is funny actually, as a lot of birth control processes can stunt a females sex drive, since the body feels a bit of a 'shut down' of some hormones due to the extra ones from meds, or from parts of the body being 'cut off' from the flow of hormones... Say a girl gets her tubes tied, her ovaries stop sending signals to the thyroid and brain that request hormones to inspire getting sexual gratification."

Hmmm, so sterilization would remove everyone's sexual drive down and so not just Joshua. With that argument I would say Joshua's heat does not occur then. But he then would revert to become a crazy 'cat man' who talks and communes more with his cat than anyone else as his cat gives him compassion and comfort. So it would mean to get Joshua involved with others something tragic should occur to his cat. Something accidental so that it cannot be blamed on anyone (or indeed our shifter woman gets short time loose and manages get jaws on Joshua's cat). It would send him to deeply depressed to near suicidal edge from loosing Pepper.

I am willing RP Joshua loosing his cat and so grow more social towards others to seek comfort now that his seven year old friend died what he had kept for company all these years.