Post-Apocalyptic epicness! SOULED! [3 spots open]

Started by Wargtass, July 28, 2012, 09:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargtass

"Our Eternal Master and God, Apocalypse, decree that all those in possession of a Soul be put to death on sight, lest they threaten the stability of the New World Order."

- found inscribed across the Memorial Wall in former Washington DC

In the last year of the World-As-We-Knew-It, the sky opened to fire as the entity known as Apocalypse stepped through to our world. He took to him four individuals and dubbed them his Horsemen, then he drew from Legend four objects that he gave to them.

Mjölnir, Hammer of Thor - This great weapon was wielded by the Norse god of thunder and could topple mountains and call forth lightning. Apocalypse gifted this fearsome weapon to War for her to wipe out the cities of Earth.

Ruyi Jingu Bang, Staff of the Monkey King - The legendary staff that could change size and bend to the wielder's will. Apocalypse gifted it to Pestilence so that his corruption could reach around the globe.

The Holy Lance, Spear of Longinus - The first weapon that Apocalypse drew forth, taking it from Earth rather than Legend. It can pierce any material. Death was given this weapon so that none could espace his touch.

The Smoking Mirror, Scale of Tezcatlipoca - The only item drawn from Legend that wasn't a weapon, the Smoking Mirror can be used to glean the future and weigh anything, even the deeds of mortals and gods alike. It was given to Famine so that he could ration the Earth.

All of Earth trembled as they came forth, but Apocalypse told the people that they would be spared if they in turn gave up their Souls to him. Those who did was like before, but in their heart there was a void that they filled with decadence, violence and lust. Those who refused were killed by the Four Horsemen in a gruesome display, scaring any doubters to give in to Apocalypse' demands. Once this was done the new Master and God of the World-As-We-Know-It forced the continents together into New Pangea. He then withdrew to the South Pole, leaving the Horsemen to rule in his place.

None know how long its been since that day. But as of this moment Fate is about to bring six individuals together by pure chance and luck. In the future they will be known as the Archangels, but for now they are just ordinary humans. Their adventure begins now.

If you have come this far and find the premise interesting, here's the actual pitch: This will be an RP of epic battles, bombastic villains and post-apocalyptic fun. Are you a fan of Asura's Wrath, Exalted, the Angel cutscenes of Diablo III or any medium which makes you stand up from the couch and pump your fist in the air while yelling "YEAH!!" at the top of your lungs? Superpowers, tense action and a mythological atmosphere is the keywords. Are you leaning towards the screen at this very moment, already imagining what sort of awesome adventures your character (which you of course already have got an idea on) will be going through?

In that case I ask you to calm yourself for a moment and consider this. In a world of debauchery and evil a being of good is occasionally born. In their heart is not a void which must be filled like with the Soulless. Instead they possess a Soul, a driving force which will lead them to great deeds. And while your characters have yet to find out exactly what makes them different, the Master and God of the World-As-We-Know-It, Apocalypse himself, already fear what they might become. Luckily for him you must first face off against his Four Horsemen, wielding the objects of legend, Masters of the Realms, to unlock your potentials. And the odds of a Soul growing to the extent that it can defeat all four of them are near nonexistent.

Or are they?

Still here, are you? Excellent, let me tell you what I am looking for!

- 6 players, five to play Souled and one to play Soulless, all to be heroes.
- Dedicated to the story and used to describing epic level action.
- Uhm yeah, that's about it...

All players will start on a lower level of powers and proceed to become stronger as the story progress. There is no system in mind, just storytelling between the players and the GM. Roleplayer discretion and common sense dictates what is plausible and not.

The world is loosely based upon our own and the players are encouraged to be creative and build the world around them. Only five places are set in stone (the seats of the Horsemen and Apocalypse) and the players may conjure anything they need through creative narrative. If a player needs to find a weapon shop owned by a cajun Soulless, he or she walks down the correct street and finds it, easy as that. Enemies are pretty much just there to die in fantastic ways (unless the GM indicates otherwise) and places pop out as the players see fit.

The template we will be using are as follows:

[b]Name:[/b] Obvious as is.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male, female, transgendered, androgyn, etc.
[b]Age:[/b] Easy enough.
[b]Orientation:[/b] Anything about your character's sexual preferences

[b]Description:[/b] Just a blurb about how you look or and image

[b]Aspect:[/b] A single word which the describes the concept of the character's powers. This is also the keyword that will be followed as your character developes new powers.

[b]Quote:[/b] Something that your character would say that pretty much sums up their personality.

Play with it as you wish, be creative with the layout or just use it as is.

We've already had drop-outs, so three more spots are open. We are looking for two females and a male character!

O/O

Wheresmycow

Going to voice my interest right now.  So are the Soulless without morals, or simply lack fulfillment and do whatever it takes to momentarily distract them: hence violence and decadence?  Because if it's the latter, I'm kind of interested in maybe playing a Soulless who's aspect is something like Void.  Either he takes the emptiness inside him and 'shares' it with the world or tries to fill it up by consuming the world with his power.  Or maybe play a Souled with an aspect of Space or Chaos.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Wargtass

The latter would be more what I have in mind. Even someone with a soul can be without morals. The Soulless lack something within them, so they try to fill it with something.
O/O

orderNchaos

Ok, I have to admit that this has peaked my interest.  I'd be glad to be one of the five.  I'll have to ponder the character, but if Wheresmycow doesn't mind I actually have an interesting idea for the Chaos comment he mentioned.

Wheresmycow

*Thumbs up* My ego gets a little boost when someone wants to use an idea of mind.

Depending on the characters, I'd like to have my Soulless be a brother or good friend to one of the Souled.  He's already tried to fill his heart up, but nothing has worked for him so far, and he's kind of moral in a sort of detached way.  Seeing his Souled sibling/friend however, with a goal and something different about them, makes him want to follow them in order to find what it is that they have that he doesn't.  So I suppose his heroic motivation is to find his own soul.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Isengrad

This looks very good, I think a souled with the aspect of light or creation would be nice, creation would be a good counterpart to Wheresmycow idea of the void. One brother creates, the other consumes and through them is reflected the balance of life and death.

original artwork by karabiner

Wraith

This sounds excellent. The opening pitch is captivating. I don't have any ideas for an Aspect yet, but I'll try to come up with something soon.
Surreal's sweet obsession <3

Wraith's Disappearance Act (A/As)

Humbugearthquake

Hey guys!
First of all I just wanted to "apply" for this, it really looks great!
Color me interested :)

I started to think about the brother thingy and since the story already has taken a quite "old testament"-ish twist I came to think of Cain and Abel. The two brothers that was the sons of Adam and Eve (the creators of the new world).
Cain is said to have killed his brother and then represents the "evil" part of the pair while Abel was a humble and just in general nice guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain_and_Abel

I was thinking in those terms and came up with the character Samson. He was said to have superhuman strength. Then I was thinking a character with simply super human strength and agility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson

Other characters could be based on Mary Magdalaine and perhaps a healer type, refering to how she washed the feet of Jesus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene

You could also do kind of a stealthy char based on Judas. That would make a good soulless char as well as Judas was forever dammed after he betrayed Jesus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot

This is just very brain-stormed (im very bored ;)  ) and im just throwing these ideas out there! Also I kinda wanna make it clear that im not like some crazy christian fanatic, in fact im an atheist, I just find this interesting and know a bit about it :)

PoisonousKitty

Ei will say you decinetely have caught my attention! i would love to get involved with this plot :) on my phone so ill have to throw a cgaracter up tomorrow but you can definetely count me in!

Wheresmycow

To be fair, the Soulless I have in mind doesn't have to have a brother.  It can be a sister, or just a good friend.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Humbugearthquake

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, im just kinda thinking out loud :)

PoisonousKitty

I can play either for you wheresmycow, sister or just good female friend :) cause i wanted to play a female anyway and that kind of anxiety sounds fun :)

Kuroneko

I'm also interested, but it seems you have your six players and I am just about to go on vacation for ten days, lol.  So, color me interested, and let me know if there's room for me with being gone.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Humbugearthquake on July 29, 2012, 05:18:42 PM
Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, im just kinda thinking out loud :)
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not offended or anything.  I was just voicing other possibilities.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

drivebyte

I'll throw my name in the hat as far as interest goes, but I think you guys are full up? Have fun!

Wheresmycow

Quote from: PoisonousKitty on July 29, 2012, 05:19:19 PM
I can play either for you wheresmycow, sister or just good female friend :) cause i wanted to play a female anyway and that kind of anxiety sounds fun :)
Cool, I would look forward to that.  Still haven't figured out his personality: not sure if I'd go for stern/serious or a quirky energetic one.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Humbugearthquake

Name: Aaron Angel
Orientation: Straight

Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Aspect: Balance

Power: Telekinesis, the ability to bend matter after his will.

Quote: "No second chances. I'm that sort of a man."

Short Bio: Aaron grew up in the desolated wasteland that once was New Jersey with his mother. They barely kept alive and Aaron grew up very weak, short and often sick. His father was long gone, most possibly dead. On his eight birth-day Aaron's mother, Mary, died from the extensive food-poisoning she had suffered from for weeks. Dehydration and undernourishment got the best of her.
In an effort to survive Aaron joined a gang of kids roaming the streets and with strength in numbers the most of them managed to survive. As Aaron grew older he more and more introvert and alienated himself from the group. He had never been the center of attention or even close actually but he had always been a part of the group nevertheless. Now he slowly but steadily shifted away from the others and one day he wandered off by himself with just a few words of good-bye. This was ten years after his mothers death  on the day and he has been roaming the east coast ever since.

orderNchaos

Name: Annistia "Tia" Focht
Orientation: Hetro bi curious

Description:

Aspect: Chaos

Quote: "You want to run now!!!"

Powers: Harnesses the chaotic energies surrounding her whether it's matter, energy or metaphysical.  The subconscious mind uses the energy and manifests into an offensive or defensive capability.

Short Bio: Annistia or "Tia" grew up in the slums of New York were the last vestiges of human life in this part of the world huddle for safety and resources.  Constantly corralled and hunted by the Horsemen and their minions, and surrounded by the soulless, Tia avoided a number of purges in her life.  At age of 17 during a the chaos of a particularly devastating purge, Tia accidentally manifested a power which emanated from her body and created an energy shield which hid her from the Horsemen and their minions.  From that point, Tia escaped New York and is constantly on the move, trying to grow her powers and stay one step ahead of the purges.

Wargtass

Quote from: drivebyte on July 29, 2012, 10:10:55 PM
I'll throw my name in the hat as far as interest goes, but I think you guys are full up? Have fun!

As said I am holding this thread open for a week for anyone to submit a character. At the end of the week I pick the characters that best compliment each other in concept and powers.

Quote from: Humbugearthquake on July 30, 2012, 11:28:00 AM
Name: Aaron Goshen

Description:

Aspect: Righteous but cold. A strict follower of utilitarianism.

Quote: "No second chances. I'm that sort of a man."

Powers: Telekinesis, the ability to bend matter after his will.

Short Bio: Aaron grew up very lonely with a single mom in a big city, constantly feeling alienated. He was a small child and bullied at school. Several times he was severely beaten up but he never once fought back. During his later years he read a lot, he kept to himself and after a while people let him be. He never had any trouble in school but he always seemed to be somewhere else than in the school bench. Aaron slowly faded away until people no longer took any notice of him and in that state of fading co-existence he lived.

The Aspect is supposed to be one word that describes the powers that your character possess. I am not sure how telekinesis stems from Righteousness, so perhaps you could explain this? Also the World-As-We-Know-It doesn't have a real school system, seeing as the Soulless are egoistic beings who only tries to fill their own Void, not others'.

Quote from: orderNchaos on July 30, 2012, 01:41:04 PM
Name: Annistia "Tia" Focht
Orientation: Hetro bi curious

Description:

Aspect: Chaos

Quote: "You want to run now!!!"

Powers: Telekinesis, the ability to bend matter after his will.

Short Bio: Annistia or "Tia" grew up in the slums of New York were the last vestiges of human life in this part of the world huddle for safety and resources.  Constantly corralled and hunted by the Horsemen and their minions, and surrounded by the soulless, Tia avoided a number of purges in her life.  At age of 16 during a the chaos of a particularly devastating purge, Tia accidentally manifested a power which emanated from her body and created an energy shield which hid her from the Horsemen and their minions.  From that point, Tia escaped New York and is constantly on the move, trying to grow her powers and stay one step ahead of the purges.

I take it you copied Humbug's template and forgot to edit the telekinesis part?  ;D
O/O

orderNchaos

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!  I wrote it once but my browser crashed and I lost everything.  I guess I forgot to re-write the power!  *palm face*

Wargtass

O/O

Humbugearthquake

There ya go! I kinda modified it, though the Aspect part was to describe his personality ;)

PoisonousKitty

Name: Alexis "Gemini" Jameson
Orientation: Bi

Description:

Aspect:  Greed (I'm not sure if that is what you mean by a one word aspect, but let me know if I need to change it)

Quote: "You say that memories were given to us as a way to be happy, however I say they are a passageway to horror, death and destruction."

Wheresmycow

So before I decide on a name, PoisonousKitty: did you want to be either my character's sister or good friend?

Aside from that...

Name: Taric Ruscitti

Description:

Aspect: Void

Quote: "Oh calm down, I'm just joking.  But seriously..."
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

PoisonousKitty

I think whichever you like i think the good friends would be cool but sister and brother is cool