News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gotham City Stories

Started by Korosa, December 27, 2010, 04:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korosa

Gotham City with the Bat gone. Gotham City with no more expectations. Gotham City hollow and scared.

It has been one year since anyone has seen Billionaire Bruce Wayne, after he went on a skiing trip in the Rockies. It has been one year since anyone has seen Batman, the great defender of Gotham City. The yellow signal lights the sky every night and the people wait. The people pray. Other heroes have stepped up to defend the city and new villains have taken to the streets while old ones have burst out of their prisons and cast off their chains.

There is danger and violence around every corner. Citizens hunker down as the heroes and villains fight out their battles overhead.

Gotham City is a city under siege, a city in a constant state of war, on a precipice between hope and despair.

Maybe you can make the difference.

Players can take the role of any known superhero or supervillain in the DC canon or any OC they like. All OCs will need my approval, but I promise it's pretty easy to get. Two characters per player and no one can have Bruce Wayne. If would like to play someone taking on the mantle of the Bat, either for good or evil, PM me first, please! Let the games begin...

Request Thread

(These are a little out of date, but still probably fine?)
O/Os

A/As

Korosa

Taken Characters

Heroes

Villains
The Joker
Scarecrow

OC Villains
Dreadnaught
Weeping Angel

Application

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias: [/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Current Status:[/b]
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Korosa

Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Korosa

Name: Unknown
Alias: The Joker
Appearance: The green hair sprouting from every angle, the wide eyes, the smile. The big, haunting smile. Add a purple suit with a touch of class and a nice big flower on the breast pocket over the jacket. Green eyes, big green eyes, hey, they match the hair. The smile. It never quite fades.
Personality: Funny. Very funny. Everything is one big joke, everything's a laugh, a gas, a riot. Nothing's funnier than the last joke except the one after it and nothing is funnier than death except those few choking grinning moments right before it, the contortion of facial muscles into a rictus grin of despair. May have a bit of a temper, especially as regards to being upstaged. No one else should get the last laugh.
Current Status: Since Bats left, running a Joker gang that has doubled in size and in terror and is currently making a bid to be the most powerful gang in Gotham City.
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Richardson

Name: Jonathan Crane
Alias: The Scarecrow
Appearance: Spindly with sharp features and clear, severe eyes.  Out of costume, Crane dresses as a professional psychoanalyst in a suit and tie.  In costume, he wears the burlap mask and accoutrements of a traditional scarecrow: pointed hat, roughspun jerkin and trousers and peasant shoes.  The mask is fitted to completely obscure his eyes and to modulate his voice into a nightmarish cackle.  While incarcerated he is forced to wear a bland grey Arkham Jumpsuit.
Personality: Obsessed with his research into phobias and his need for recognition by the legitimate scientific authorities, Crane is constantly battling his own personal demons and fears and projecting them on others.  He loves control and the feeling of having someone powerless under him to satiate his own insecurities.
Current Status: After a fairly decent stint of good behaviour, Crane has returned to practicing psychological medicine for the poorly staffed and underfunded Arkham Asylum acting as a sort of patient/doctor under ever loosening supervision.  Such a plethora of patients on which to experiment has given him greater insight into the working of the human mind in relation to terror.

Korosa

Welcome aboard, Richardson! Very happy to have a Jonathon Crane joining us!
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Richardson

I promise to keep the inmates well behaved.  While the Bat's away, someone has to make sure they still fear the night.

Korosa

<333. I'd like to get at least two more people before going ahead and putting up the threads, so we have some kind of stable cast base. If I don't get this off the ground, though, then I'll try another tack, possibly one focused exclusively on everyone's favorite asylum...either way, a Batman themed game will happen.
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Braioch

Hmmm, sounds interesting....

If I can come up with an OC, I'll throw 'em up and see what you think.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

thebobmaster

I would just be repeating what Braioch said.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Korosa

That would be awesome, gentlemen and we could use some inmates for Arkham, if the thought intrigues.
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Braioch

Name: Unknown
Alias: Dreadnaught (though his closer underlings have been known to address him as 'An Fhaireoir')

Appearance: No one has seen him outside of his trademark outfit, so that is as well left unknown.

Personality: Unnaturally calm, cool and collected. His own life being threatened, his plans falling apart, hell anything could happen and his stance would forever be the calm, patient and very cold manner in which he deals with everything. Some would call him sociopathic, psychotic and out of control with his sadism, yet anyone who pays attention notices a strange pattern to the things that he does. He leads his underlings with a firm hand, they having a great respect for their leader and the proper amount of fear of him as well.

He is patient, and seemingly manipulative, some would say he prefers others to do his dirty work. Those who have crossed him, or work for/with him know better. If he shows up personally, hell will be wrought and someone (usually many) will be soon begging for death. He is capable, very capable of taking care of himself, protecting himself along with various...interrogation techniques. Whatever cause he stands for, he knows the best ways, at the best times, of how to get them.

Current Status: He showed up shortly after the disappearance of the caped crusader, but remained impassive during that time, a lapse of judgment some would say. For his coming out into the world of Gotham seems to be a slow climb of power. His group, only known as Chitsuki, are formidable but so many factions has created a difficult hiring pool. Still he should have more than he does, and he and his groups appearance and activities are disruptive, both for the law and for crime. No one is quite sure who's side he's on.

(If ya need more or less, or what not, let me know)
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Korosa

Welcome, Braioch! Great character, looks like he's going to be a lot of fun! Er...in an evil malicious way.

We seem to have a current lack of heroes...it's almost like people want to play villains!
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

thebobmaster

Name:Helena Dire
Alias: Weeping Angel
Appearance: Six feet tall, fairly slender build, with a curvy, though proportionate, figure. Always wears a white business suit, with a black undershirt and white tie, hence her alias. Has blond hair down to her shoulders, with bright blue eyes and pale skin. Also has a condition known as haemolacria, occasionally causing her to weep blood when under stress.
Personality: Helena is, for lack of a better word, unstable. While she is fairly charismatic, able to charm most men and women alike, this is merely a cover for her true self. Fond of knives, she has a tendency to use those on just about anyone she feels like. She was diagnosed at an earlier age with bipolar disorder. Her response was to slit her psychologist's throat that night, feeling that the attempt to classify her was insulting. She has, on occasion, showed a softer side, indicating that even her insanity is not her true self. She has no idea how she will act from day to day, and she finds the thrill of such unpredictability to be the whole point of her existence, and has no intention of settling to just one personality any time soon.
Current Status: In Arkham
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Richardson

Oh, I like this fallen angel.  Unstable, beautiful, creepy.  Very nice.

Korosa

I look forward to seeing what our two Arkham inmates get up to...welcome aboard, TBM! I said three, so I'll stick to that and so, while we are still recruiting, I will put up the posts for the game later today. Hopefully more people will join us soon!
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Solstice

I be-liiii-eve I find this interesting, yes indeed. :o

But, ah, questions! A few, I suppose, just trying to get a feel for things before I think too much. :x
1) Is this in any particular DC/Gotham/Batman setting or continuity?
2) Somewhat going with (1), but... Batman's gone; is there a Robin, a Batgirl, a Nightwing, etc., keeping things relatively in check? Or was he a loner?

Quite a leaning towards the dark side, eeeh.
I do of course have a favorite or two, buuuut, setting them aside... I might try something hero-y to balance things out.

Hum. S'pose I'm mostly just expressing my interest and asking those two questions, then.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Korosa

Quote from: Solstice on December 30, 2010, 12:50:44 PM

1) Is this in any particular DC/Gotham/Batman setting or continuity?
Nope, mostly non-canon, I can't be bothered to fuss too much over what happened when in any setting with the long history of Batman!
2) Somewhat going with (1), but... Batman's gone; is there a Robin, a Batgirl, a Nightwing, etc., keeping things relatively in check? Or was he a loner?
Yes, Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing are all assumed to be around and playable!

Okay, hopefully that answers your questions! And feel free to app villain or hero if you want, we can always have villain wars :D. And remember we have a two character limit, if you app a villain or hero today, you certainly have the option of taking on another character!
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Korosa

Okay, boys and girls, game threads are up and linked in the third post on this thread! They're not pinnacles of great threadness, but they should provide a decent start so we can all get this game underway! There's also a shiny new OOC thread you might want to take a gander at. Or a goose at, we're not particular around here. Anyway, feel free to throw up posts wherever and let's get started!
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Robyn Hood

Hello there! I would be interested if you are still taking people? You said any DC superhero so I was thinking kinda the obvious but I'm not sure if it would fit into this theme, Powergirl! ^_^

If not, maybe the adult Starfire? She and Robin had a thing right? Or would that be too super as well?

SinXAzgard21

So do you still need hero's of some sort?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Korosa

Oh hello! Yes, yes, we do need heroes and we would love a Powergirl! That would be entirely appropriate and rather fun, I think. Just fill out the shiny app up above and come on in!
Request Thread

O/Os

A/As

Richardson

Welcome on board all!  Power Girl is going to be quite the challenge but I think Gotham can handle her.

Robyn Hood

Name: Power Girl

Alias: Kara Zor-L, Karen Starr
Appearance: A well-endowed, buxom woman standing 5' 11" tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes, she wears her classic suit. A skin tight spandex white leotard with very high cut leg holes and an opening in the chest, blue boots and gloves and her red cape clasped over her left shoulder.

Personality: She is a no-nonsense woman and full of confidence, as shown by her costume and hardheadedness. She has stated that her costume "shows what I am: female, healthy, and strong. If men want to degrade themselves by staring and drooling and tripping over themselves, that's their problem, I'm not going to apologize for it." But she also is rather light hearted with a sense of humor, also shown by her costume and the fact she has no problem with people calling her Power _Girl_. 

Current Status: Power Girl has recently tried to restore some normalcy to her life by reopening her company Starrware Labs (a publicly traded research and development firm committed towards progressive technology in providing solutions to the planet's environmental problems) and embracing her public persona of Karen Starr. She had been in Gotham City to coordinate joint ventures between her company and Wayne Enterprises before Batman's disappearance although her true motive was to help track down Maxwell Lord. With Batman's disappearance she has decided to do her best to help Gotham city, routinely travelling between her company's headquarters in NYC and Gotham.