Warhammer: Can Skaven turn good?

Started by Meatboy, October 28, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatboy

I know this is probably impossible with the Great Horned Rat but, just for the argument, can Skaven turn good. Can they be raised outside of Skaven society and become beings of good alignment. Is there even the possibility of redemption for them?

Blythe

This particular query might be a better question to pose over in the Off Topic subboard; the sort of people who are most likely to be able to answer this are not likely to view the HELP section since this section is geared towards answering social/technical issues pertaining to the forum.

Sara Nilsson

I would say no.

of all the chaos creatures they are the ones most active in furthering their gods wishes, the Horned Rat made them very specifically unlike say beastmen who mutated due to the raw chaos flooding the world. And the horned Rat made it very clear what he expects when he actually appeared before them in Skavenblight and ate those that didn't obey him. With that, and the fact that the females are just huge broodmares so they need to fight, kill kill and eat to just survive or they will just explode in numbers. Of all the races in WH I would say they are the one with the least good in them. They only cooperate because the Grey Seers scare them and they know what happens if the Horned Rat has to show up again to punish them. Unlike the Chaos Dwarves and the Druchii who can cooperate for other reasons (sure mostly their own goals but they do it without having to fear being killed on the spot as we have seen a few times in the lore).

Even the one time the skaven did something "good" by forging the blade used to kill Nagash they did it only for their own reasons, to get the warpstone and because they knew he would strike at them. So they basically struck back first.