Search not working past September?

Started by Depraved Lucidity, December 28, 2017, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depraved Lucidity

There any reason why searching for posts doesn't come up with any results more recent than this past October?

Lexandria

What are you looking for? I haven't heard of anything like that, but the search is a bit finicky, so knowing what you're doing for your search might help sort it out.

Depraved Lucidity

Certain keywords which can help looking for people into the same links. You will yield results up to October 2nd. However if one were to put in a search for even something else and try to limit it within the past thirty days and I suspect after that date, you get the following error message: "An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to access the search daemon."

I've tried common terms too, which you may be able to replicate yourself.

Lexandria

The 1 and 30 days, I think, is asking for posts from the first 30 days of the website existing.

For the rest of it, what the search does is check for the first instance of the word in each thread. So you might have a thread that was posted in today, with the word 'moans' in it. But it was a thread that was started in August and the second post in the word 'moans' was used as well. So that's the post that will show up in the search for that particular thread. I'm still poking around with that to see if I can get it to show more recent results, though. So I'm not dismissing it as a problem, but right now I think that's what's happening.

What you might try is going into the search options (under the header: Choose a board to search in, or search all), expand that out and uncheck the 'check all' option. From there, search in the Ons/Offs threads only by checking them. You'll get more targeted results that way and you'll end up searching in what folks are most interested in in the place where they're going to list being interested in it or not. If that makes sense?

Depraved Lucidity

Nope. Definitely seems like a search engine issue. Did a search for what You believed to be in the first thirty days and it came up with this.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the search works the opposite way in that it searches as far back as 9,999 days ago, but it should be definitely showing hits since October. Moans is a pretty frequent word used here and was one of the safer ones to aim for with that test result. Now going into a thread with a confirmed usage of a word from browsing, I ran a search for "cum." And this happens using the most recent Topic first and a search parameter for 9969 - 9999 days.

As you can see, no results more recent than October 4th, however there are topics more recent and posts that contain that word. I can link them in a PM if you want, I tend to try to avoid dragging names into things. >.> I mean, we're all playing on a forum for sexual RP and nonsexual RP but I like to be courteous. XD

Lexandria

Since your screenshots showed private parts of Elliquiy, and this is the public side (the screenshots show chunks of RPs and other posts), I pulled them down. But I saved them so that Staff can still look over it. I'm working on a reply to your post now, but don't want you wondering where the images suddenly went.

PMing them would be good, thank you! I'll take the weird search issue upstairs to see if we can get it sorted out in the mean time.

Vekseid

When you see this happen it's because the slave failed for one reason or another.

I need to set an alarm or something : / I need to take the site down to properly fix this.

Depraved Lucidity

Roger roger! And no problem Lex! I'd have done the same thing and was kind of leery about posting the screenshots with that but you have then now.

As for the slave, beat them until morale improves!

Vekseid

May take a day or so to fully correct, but this should now be resolved.