GM and players wanted for shonen anime system play

Started by TFcommando, June 19, 2018, 03:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFcommando

I've got an urge to play in a game set in the world of One Piece or Fairy Tail (Perhaps Black Clover or Naruto) OR an original setting based on the style of such anime, shonen action with a band of stalwart companions in a guild or crew, bonded as close as family.  Exploration and adventure, enemies and rivals challenging their determination and powers!  But also sex, romance and even more fan service than usual for the genre.  Skimpy outfits, a casual nudity area for them to visit (or be from) and so on.  Plus a wide variety of origins, powers and skills for characters to have.

The One Piece and Fairy Tail worlds are quite big, with lots of unexplored locations and adventuring groups similar to the main characters of the story, pirates and guilds respectively, so there wouldn't need to be any involvement with the canon characters outside of perhaps seeing them mentioned in a newspaper.

An original concept I had was for a One Piece style game, pirates, explorers or adventures in a world of floating islands and airships, with some steampunk or magi tech elements.  The airships might use ore from the floating islands for lift, ala Vision of Escaflowne. 

I've also had an idea for a smaller game.  Many One Piece ships have a captain and a powerful fighter or two, then a medium to large "ordinary" crew who could be NPCs.  A 2-3 PC game would be a little more nimble and allow for a faster pace.  A wizard guild or ninja village would have plenty of people in it but only sends out small groups on missions... that would allow new players to join in fairly smoothly if needed, or players to switch characters between jobs.

Ideally, I'd like it to use the Mutants and Masterminds 3e rules.  The Complications and Hero Points can be used to represent shonen tropes like people getting fired up and going all out to protect friends or challenge enemies who step on their beliefs and dreams, busting out new techniques and such.

It's a lot to ask, of course.  Any appeal?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay