Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 04:57:25 PM
Aw. Thanks!  Why do some characters have more points to distribute than others? o.O

You get more points the longer you're in the game. You get one stat point on the 1st of every month and another on the 15th. So people with a bunch of stats have just been with the game for longer.

Darwishi

Ms. Marvel

Current Occupation: Freelance Writer/Blogger/Vlogger

Home World Information: The Marvel Universe mirrors our own but with a significant twist.  Metahumans, mutants, and everything between not only exist but often times put on spandex or some sort of armor in order to fight for what they believe in.  Sometimes that makes them a villain, other times that makes them a superhero. 

Appearance/Style Description: Ms. Marvel is a tall and beautiful woman.  She stands at 5'11" and 165 lbs with large breasts and a fantastic butt.  She has an hourglass figure and possesses a mane of long, wavy blond hair that hangs down to the small of her back.  While she's not a body builder, she does have clearly defined muscles rounded out by feminine curves.  In costume she wears a sleeveless, black leotard with a golden lighting bolt stretching across her front.  She also wears 3/4 length gloves, thigh high boots (with a four-inch heel), a red sash and a black domino mask to conceal her identity.  Out of costume she typically wears her hair up in a ponytail and wears tight jeans paired with often a form-fitting blouse.

Sexuality: Carol considers herself to be pretty much straight and vanilla, but the truth is that she's willing to experiment and find out all the things she may or may not like in sex.  Several of the unknowns for her include, but are not limited to, forced-pleasure, bondage, rough sex, fighting with sexual overtones (groping during the fight, even sex during a fight), oral sex (giving and receiving), spanking (receiving), and more. Once she experiences something she likes she will know about it but may have a hard time admitting to it.

Personality: Carol is a strong woman with no fear of what other people will think of her if she voices an opinion.  She's often defined as a feminist since she stands up for women's rights to be equal.  She's quick to get physical with anyone that manages to piss her off.  All in all it's something she knows she has but isn't quick to fix as it's saved her bacon on a number of occasions.  Granted her bacon probably wouldn't have needed saving if she got her anger issues under control.  She's also rather reserved when it comes to talking about her past.  She's not a fan of sharing her feelings or how crappy her life may or may not have been.  She believes that she needs to take steps forward and that looking back isn't going to do her any good.

History: Carol grew up in a world of superheroes and villains.  Compared to our world it was chaotic and always in need of saving.  She started off as an elite Air Force pilot.  She went down in Afghanistan and was tortured for a solid week before she broke her own arm in order to get free.  From there she had to crawl across a desert until she was rescued.  She has had an eventful life full of great victories and some rather humiliating defeats.  She's worked with some of the world's most popular and infamous mutants, and even spent a stint in outer space with a Kree known as Mar-Vell.

When the Legion came to her universe it had much to take over and had to defeat some of the greatest heroes in the universe.  They attacked with creatures of the likes Carol had never seen before.  The military was useless against them, even the Avengers couldn't seem to take on more than one beast at a time.  Ms. Marvel was one of the first on the scene.  She spent massive amounts of energy blasting holes into the first few creatures and ripping their limbs from their bodies.  The last thing she remembers of her world was a tentacle wrapping around her waist and flinging her so hard and fast that when she hit the ground she blacked out on impact.

The G.P.A.W. Alliance has saved her that day.  When she came to she was in New York, but it wasn't her New York.  There was no Baxter Building or Avengers HQ, it was... different.  They couldn't get involved in the conflict directly, they didn't have enough man-power to save her world.  Fact was, they were going to that universe to collect many heroes and heroines, not just her...although she was on the list of those to recruit.  The others were either dead or captured by the Legion, her world was destroyed and the Legion grew stronger with the powerful villains from the Marvel Universe.  It was... weird to call it that at first, and she was none too happy about having to simply watch her world get overrun by this Legion. 

She was out of power, though, she'd burned most of it fighting the creatures before the other Avengers got to the scene.  Here it was going to take longer to recharge her strength but it was slowly coming back to her.

Current Situation: Ms. Marvel is a new addition to the GPAW Alliance.  She's still lost in many aspects and trying to feel her way around.  She's making friends.  She was surprised at how easy it was to come to terms with the incredible amount of worlds and universes out there.  She knew of other parallel universes from her own universe.  Perhaps that helped.  Though normally in those she often had some kind of doppelganger...good or bad.

Stats

Strength - 2
Agility - 1
Stamina - 3
Power - 2
Reputation - 0

Special Powers:
Strength - Ms. Marvel's strength is incredible.  She's been known to help land large passenger jets and knock out villains with a single punch.  She can carry many times her own weight and if she's not pouring everything into it at once she can last quite a while. 
Flight - She has the ability to fly.  If she has enough open space she can reach super sonic speeds, allowing her to travel across several states in record time.  She can't instantaneously fly this fast, though, instead most normal flight occurs in a more normal range for a car on the highway.
Energy Blasts  She can form energy around her fists and fire it at an opponent.  These hit with a concussive force that can feel like a car hitting you, or as little as a punch.  She prefers up-close combat, but these can come in useful, especially during a pursuit.

Strengths:
Hand to Hand Combat - Carol has had a myriad of combat training from different sources in her life.  She had self-defense before she joined the military, then the air force taught her a few extra moves, beyond that she's had training with the CIA and ultimately even with Captain America himself.  She's a force to be reckoned with even without powers.
Sharp Shooter - She's not a sniper or some savant with shooting weapons.  She has, however, trained with a sidearm and knows how to hit a man from a hundred feet away square in the chest.  She could probably shoot him in the head with a little bit of luck.
Writer - Carol's written a number of books in her universe including an autobiography about the transition from the military to the CIA to being a superheroine.  She's had other published works as well within her universe.  These days she sticks to short stories, some are real, some not, but to the naked eye they all appear to be fiction for the few followers of her blog.
Pilot - Carol's flown a number of different aircraft while in the Air Force.  She's flown a little bit of everything, though fighter jets are by far her favorite... well besides being Ms. Marvel and flying without machines helping her.
Willpower - Carol has suffered through torture and never given up more than her name, rank, and number in the military.  She's a tough nut to crack.  She's also broken her own arm in order to escape a middle-east prison. 

Weaknesses:
Power Activation - Carol has to transform in order to gain access to her powers.  The transformation activates her powers, which means that as Carol she's vulnerable to the same kinds of things that most humans are. 
Drugs - Drugs, poisons, and toxins can all do a number on Ms. Marvel.  Many times they have to be solvent or gas based attacks in order to get them into her blood stream, though there are a couple of exceptions.
Darts - Darts, needles, and syringes can all penetrate Ms. Marvel's skin.  Comparatively bullets have a much broader impact area and can be stopped.  Most people would rather throw down with her than try to figure out that needles can slip in over bullets though.
Durable not Invincible - Ms. Marvel is incredibly durable, but when hit with a great enough force, she can be bruised, scratched, or knocked out like the rest of us.  Extremely sharp objects can slice into her skin as well, which is often a method of deployment for the aforementioned drugs and toxins.
Mind Control - Ms. Marvel has been the victim of mind control more than once.  She has no real defense against it and Puppet Master has taken advantage of that fact at least twice.
C-bust - While no one has tried it before, Ms. Marvel has to keep up some concentration in order to use her powers.  A powerful enough strike between her legs and she could black out.  At the very least it'd daze her or make her become nauseous. An aluminum baseball bat swung around by a normal man could do it.  Most people assume that she's invincible, and that would only go as far to piss her off... others assume that hitting a girl there simply won't hurt.  Ms. Marvel believes it won't hurt her too!

Blue Nova

Darwishi

I'm kind of derping out on the History and current situation.  I feel like CS relies on History which is why they're both blank.  I guess the biggest part is I don't know how she's come to the team.  Are they selected at random? Do we randomly choose if their world has been taken over? All of the above?  I'm just kind of unsure of how to approach that, I guess.

scribus1000

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 11:35:10 PM
I'm kind of derping out on the History and current situation.  I feel like CS relies on History which is why they're both blank.  I guess the biggest part is I don't know how she's come to the team.  Are they selected at random? Do we randomly choose if their world has been taken over? All of the above?  I'm just kind of unsure of how to approach that, I guess.

What happened to your char's homeworld in regards to Legion is pretty much up to you. I had demons invade one of my chars' worlds, and the other got swarmed by bugs from Starship Troopers, then invaded by General Grievous/the Covenant in the second wave.

So uh...yeah.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Mr L

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 11:35:10 PM

That can be entirely up to you. We have characters that have completely fled their homeworld as it was being ravaged by the Legion (like my interpretation of Princess Peach's history), and stumble across the Fahrenheit or end up in NY and eventually join. Others end their actual games (or have them interrupted, as I believe is the case with the Mass Effect series, though I could be wrong) and end up in the war (see Rush Syke's CS). Others still simply leave their world to join in the war as that world's champion (Cassie Cage is a perfect example). Hell, can even be a former Legionnaire, so it can almost literally be anything.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Darwishi

So what about some of the GPaW league coming to recruit some of the Avengers but before that happens the Legion attacks?  So it's more like they rescue the one Avenger that was still alive by that point? Does that work or should they be capturing other heroes and heroines in case someone wants to play them?  And does anyone have a good idea of what kinds of villains would work well attacking the Marvel universe?

eternaldarkness

Rel Mayer

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 21, 2015, 11:47:56 PM
Wow, she has a lot of powers. Awesome char idea though.

+1

You may want to narrow her powers down by a bit. Possibly just state in her strengths that she has high strength or really changing into Ms. Marvel at any point wouldn't really need to be a power, IMO - rather just something that happens.

Love the character though!

scribus1000

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 11:45:14 PM
So what about some of the GPaW league coming to recruit some of the Avengers but before that happens the Legion attacks?  So it's more like they rescue the one Avenger that was still alive by that point? Does that work or should they be capturing other heroes and heroines in case someone wants to play them?  And does anyone have a good idea of what kinds of villains would work well attacking the Marvel universe?

Considering how powerful Marvel chars are, I'd probably throw a crap-ton of bosses at them, or something that'll generally be good at murdering the shit out of people. Hm...a villain that negates powers would be a good start.

Also, excited to see this char being built! A lot of you all have pretty appealing characters (eyeballs Cassie over there.)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Darwishi

She also doesn't have any weapons which I kind of thought would be the balance.  I thought powers were where we listed things that were beyond human and strengths were things that the characters were really good at doing?  I'm a little confused as to how the strength power could go into the "Strengths" category.  I mean, I will if you'd like, and I can make a note about the transforming without it being an official power...just curious is all!

Quote from: scribus1000 on June 21, 2015, 11:57:21 PM
Considering how powerful Marvel chars are, I'd probably throw a crap-ton of bosses at them, or something that'll generally be good at murdering the shit out of people. Hm...a villain that negates powers would be a good start.

Also, excited to see this char being built! A lot of you all have pretty appealing characters (eyeballs Cassie over there.)

Yeah, I guess that's part of my issue.  Why would they choose Ms. Marvel over any other hero unless they were getting their asses kicked and she was the most logical one to save.  It's not like she's a weakling by any means, but there are a lot more powerful people in the Marvel-verse. 

Also I don't really know too many video games and their villains that well.  I could throw in Herobrine from Minecraft, lol.  Maybe hordes of pixelated skeletons, zombies, and giant spiders to with him. =P

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Darwishi on June 22, 2015, 12:01:15 AM
She also doesn't have any weapons which I kind of thought would be the balance.  I thought powers were where we listed things that were beyond human and strengths were things that the characters were really good at doing?  I'm a little confused as to how the strength power could go into the "Strengths" category.  I mean, I will if you'd like, and I can make a note about the transforming without it being an official power...just curious is all!

This confused me too when making jason. The Strength stat is the only measure of physical might being used. Apparently its never a power, ergo superstrength is impossible for a starting character unless all your points go into strength, which leaves you soft as tissue paper if anything hits you, and you'll still be weaker than someone with more points in the Strength stat even if super strength isn't actually a power of theirs. It's weird, but that's how it's being done.

Basically, most superheros and even a lot of videogame characters have to be severely weakened to fit in here. Come up with a reason wht she's 'weakened' ans gain her defining stuff back as level-ups. Sucked when making jason and Gwyndolin too. They both lost most of what made them cool.

Laughing Hyena

Yeah picking powerful characters is not the best mindset as I have learned from experience. Example being I stripped Dante of his Majin form from Devil May Cry 2, and a good number of his Devil Arms and Weapons, and essentially depowering him to help him fit but it wasn't as say drastic as say Jason or Gywndolin.

Darwishi

Ah, so I'm going to basically just have to pour all extra points into her strength at first?  I guess that means her energy blasts will be her main way of fighting until that goes back up significantly?  Explaining the energy drain isn't totally impossible to do since if she burns out during a fight it takes a bit to recover and Ms. Marvel has a bad habit of losing all of her powers... so losing one is... actually kind of on par for the course. 

In this case would it be feasible to make her energy blasts a bit stronger?  I'm still kind of confused about all of it.

EDIT: I really wasn't going for picking a powerful character.  I really like Ms. Marvel... at least from the comic books, and I know she's in a few video games.  That was kind of my choosing tool for the game.  Not power. XDD

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 22, 2015, 12:17:39 AM
Yeah picking powerful characters is not the best mindset as I have learned from experience. Example being I stripped Dante of his Majin form from Devil May Cry 2, and a good number of his Devil Arms and Weapons, and essentially depowering him to help him fit but it wasn't as say drastic.

Yep. It's better to avoid protagonists of games and stick to supporting cast or weaker characters if you care about keeping them authentic, which is ironic given the name of the game.

Quote from: Darwishi on June 22, 2015, 12:20:40 AM
Ah, so I'm going to basically just have to pour all extra points into her strength at first?  I guess that means her energy blasts will be her main way of fighting until that goes back up significantly?  Explaining the energy drain isn't totally impossible to do since if she burns out during a fight it takes a bit to recover and Ms. Marvel has a bad habit of losing all of her powers... so losing one is... actually kind of on par for the course. 

In this case would it be feasible to make her energy blasts a bit stronger?  I'm still kind of confused about all of it.

EDIT: I really wasn't going for picking a powerful character.  I really like Ms. Marvel... at least from the comic books, and I know she's in a few video games.  That was kind of my choosing tool for the game.  Not power. XDD

I think the Power stat actually would determine her energy blasts. I know Marvel well myself and i had considered the a few marvel chars, but i couldn't do any of them without shattering my suspension of disbelief except Cyclops because he only has one power, and even he needed a few more stat points to pull off.

Darwishi

I should not be as confused by system games as I am. lol.  Perhaps it's the late hour.  I may just sleep on it, give time for other people to respond and then edit the profile in the morning. ^_^

Laughing Hyena

Not really Darwishi. I would suggest keeping super strength, the energy blasts and flight as thats your three basic things. Stamian can pretty much cover how much you can take. Also make that a level up  to help better tell that MS Marvel is getting even better at being a tank. ^_^

And it's more like you need to rearrange your stats. I would suggest having say 2 in strength and power to show that she has a better balance between the pair making her equally effective at using power or strength.'

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 22, 2015, 12:25:20 AM
Yep. It's better to avoid protagonists of games and stick to supporting cast or weaker characters if you care about keeping them authentic, which is ironic given the name of the game.

I dunno, I did pretty well with Solaire at the start.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Darwishi on June 22, 2015, 12:28:26 AM
I should not be as confused by system games as I am. lol.  Perhaps it's the late hour.  I may just sleep on it, give time for other people to respond and then edit the profile in the morning. ^_^

Well the thing is this isn't a system game. Its freeform emulating a videogame, and trying to keep wildly different characters on the same (very low) power level, which falls apart too because the ones who have been around longer are just plain better.

Just try to approximate the character you want as best you can, and don't think too hard about it. It's a lot of fun still.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 22, 2015, 12:33:02 AM
I dunno, I did pretty well with Solaire at the start.

Dark Souls characters who are not bosses have a lower curve to work off of, Solaire is not Solaire because he's also the Arisen, and immortality is literally his power. Basically, you made a different character with the name Solaire, but he isn't Solaire.

Blue Nova

You could have Super Strength as a power, we never said you couldn't, but when you have several other powers as well, its usually the first thing to go. Any "Super [Stat] Power" is technically allowed. But its much easier to grab that with a level up, then it would be to say have the ability of Resurrection.

There will be a major difference when it comes to two people who have the same Stat rating, but one has Super Strength. Try to think of the "Super [Stat] Power" like a multiplier to your regular Stat, but without a precise number.

Angie

Quote from: Darwishi on June 22, 2015, 12:01:15 AM

Because we're all beyond human, so having superhuman strength is demoted to being a little extra then being a major power. Even the MAGES have beyond human strength.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Mr L

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 22, 2015, 12:36:00 AM
Well the thing is this isn't a system game. Its freeform emulating a videogame, and trying to keep wildly different characters on the same (very low) power level, which falls apart too because the ones who have been around longer are just plain better.

This is one of the grips I had with the implementing of stats distributed as they are, the veteran characters are gonna be much stronger than newer characters in the matter of a few months. And we're what, 5 arcs into the story total (two occurring simultaneously), and even the characters who joined us on the Citadel are going to be far stronger than the newbies.

Though fortunately, story arcs can take some time to go through, possibly earning up to 3 stat points before its conclusion (Pandora and Steel Skies being the exception, we all got a MASSIVE upgrade in the course of, what, a day?), so there is a chance of a lot of the newbies getting pretty good by the time the Tournament is over with.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Rel Mayer

Plus it's the point of thr Ragnarok. To get a level up and be stronger before the arc thread, so you can catch up.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 22, 2015, 12:36:00 AM

Just try to approximate the character you want as best you can, and don't think too hard about it. It's a lot of fun still.

Dark Souls characters who are not bosses have a lower curve to work off of, Solaire is not Solaire because he's also the Arisen, and immortality is literally his power. Basically, you made a different character with the name Solaire, but he isn't Solaire.

Indeed I did. And the backstory had him world hopping before hand to justify that. Grigori at the behest of Gwyndolin(or whoever it was that did it.) marked him as Arisen and when he died he wound up bound to Gransys. He traveled from Dark Souls, to Dragon's Dogma, to Dark Souls 2.

Anyway let me show you what I mean for a starting character. This was Solaire at the start of this game.

Solaire at the start
Weapon/Artifact: (No Weapons/Artifacts of Iconic or Legendary Worth have been acquired from Solaire's worlds or the ones he has traveled to.)

Special Powers:

Reckoning/Fate Shift - The Chosen Undead has shifted from one destiny to another and has been able to shape his own path without question. Changing not just his abilities but incorporating many skills and facets. He can go further then that and influence the fates of those around him by literally unraveling their own destinies. Breaking the shackles of fate for a brief moment he can change someones pre ordained moment of death or create a fate that ordains that the victim shall die that the hands of the chosen undead. It essentially means that the enemies of the chosen undead whom have no pre ordained death can be given one and then killed. Furthermore he has the ability to perceive and open Doors of Fate that he finds. 

Hammerspace Inventory - For some odd reason the Chosen Undead can summon weapons and armor of impossible size and equip them without issue. He carries a ton of items upon him and seemingly is unburdened by any save for what he physically has upon his person at that time. Anything he does not wish to keep seemingly can be called upon from this place without any hinderance to him. As such the Chosen Undead is a walking armory and library, able to carry an absurd amount of crap on him at all times.

Blacksmithing - Having encountered several Blacksmiths in his travels the Chosen Undead has picked up a few tricks and some other imprints from superior blacksmiths. Needing to make repairs to his weapons out in the field is one thing but to strengthen a new weapon is another asset that is always in need. There are variable degrees of success of course but this shall be tempered by learning and experience. Ultimately this can be yet a source of resources for the Chosen Undead and a way for him to contribute to the world that is opening around him.

Strengths:

Experienced Combatant - The Chosen Undead has been forged in the fires of battle through countless deaths against formidable foes of all sizes and can conceive of ways to bring down an opponent even if there is only one means to do so. He is also capable of wielding a exhausting array of weapons and magic and is pragmatic in his efforts. With each death his skill increased and his knowledge along with it. As such this makes him one of the deadliest and most experienced of adversaries in the worlds of swords and sorcery.

Paragon of Will - The Chosen Undead knows well that all of his battles are matters of pure attrition and willpower. Because he cannot die due to his curse, his real enemy is his own drive and motivation. The Chosen Undead has rotted away in an asylum for potentially centuries and never went Hollow. He endured all the trials of Lordran and has yet to go Hollow. For the Chosen Undead it is not a matter of how will he defeat an opponent but when he will. He has all the time and attempts required to overcome any obstacle. He throws his all into every conflict be it physical or social and is determined beyond anyone can fathom. As Arisen he had willed himself to not become instantaneously petrified by those abilities and furthermore has literally created life by his sheer will in the form of his personal pawn. As such his willpower is legendary and is perhaps the most determined protagonist of all.

Mark of the Arisen - As one of the fabled Arisen, he is destined to slay the dragon Grigori and those whom would stand in his path. However others have taken interest within him as well. Vast legions of near human like beings, a legion of beings called Pawns constantly cross his path with an oath of fealty to the Arisen. They live and die by his side and can be summoned by tapping the marking stone. The Arisen can call upon a small party to aid him in matters in and outside of combat. They are emotionless but intelligent. Brave but submissive. All are forged from the Arisen. His personal pawn is as nearly as strong as Solaire with notable exceptions being that she has no access to the inventory and magic of Dark Souls and cannot acquired hybrid vocations from Dragon's Dogma, namely the Mystick Archer, Assassin and Magick Knight. All other vocations are open to her but she tends to favor the Fighter vocation, using Sword and Shield though on occasions she is also a Ranger with a trusty Longbow.

Keen Perception - The Chosen Undead has always a knack for finding the most valuable of objects and is constantly cautious of many dangers ahead of him in his journey, often turning traps meant for him against his opponents. He also is capable of finding ways to locate an enemies weakness and if it is within his vast arsenal and exploit it. Even if the only weakness is gravity he will find a way to exploit it. Puzzles that would baffle others are able to be solved and he knows when a significant threat is upon him. It is through many deaths and unpleasant encounters that have made him exceptionally competent in approaching with caution lest he lose his souls and humanity.

Weaknesses:

The Curse of the Undead - The Chosen Undead's primary curse is terrible as he had once died but has been reanimated by an unseen force. Every time he dies, he dissolves into white hot ash and is reanimated infallibly at the nearest bonfire that he has rested at. However over time their minds and sanity begin to erode until they become Hollow. Each death brings them closer to this inevitable fate with the only means to stave off this fate is both their willpower, motivation and the cannibalizing of souls and humanity of which all undead covet. One whom dies too often can lose all of their souls and humanity within their vessels.

Constantly Hunted - Where one Undead may have been a noble knight another may be have been consumed by their lust for souls. Where one would join the other protagonists, other worlds would have Undead join the Legion. Either way, the Chosen Undead lives under constant attack whether he is among the living or the dead, Dark Spirits are drawn to him and his souls like a moth to flame. They intend to steal his souls and his humanity and accost him at every turn. They can pass through dimensions and pierce the veils of other worlds and seek him out. There is no way to tell when or where one can appear.

Glass Cannon - For all his ability to survive a multitude of deaths and various ways to die, Solaire is exceedingly fragile, capable of dishing out damage but also suffering greatly from it if he is not prepared to deal with a certain type of damage. Regardless, at his best Solaire can only stand to take a few hits before he drops down dead.

Attributes

Strength: 3
Agility: 2
Stamina: 2
Power: 1
Rep: 0

Solaire had to start with almost no access to the Arisen's powers save for his pawn unless he came into a situation locked in as Arisen but the drawback was it also meant he had no access to his inventory and spells from Dark Souls. Much like the variations of Jason or other characters from MKX. He had to level up first before the could get the best of both worlds. Not to mention overtime he managed to demote a weakness in him. (And because I dun goofed so I had to correct my own mistake through levels. ^_^) Even so Red Lobster took issue with my fate weaving from Kingdoms of Amalur. I had to reword it before he allowed it.

(To everyone else)

Thank you for chiming in about Ragnarok and so forth.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 22, 2015, 12:52:41 AM
Indeed I did. And the backstory had him world hopping before hand to justify that. Grigori at the behest of Gwyndolin(or whoever it was that did it.) marked him as Arisen and when he died he wound up bound to Gransys. He traveled from Dark Souls, to Dragon's Dogma, to Dark Souls 2.

Anyway let me show you what I mean for a starting character. This was Solaire at the start of this game.

Solaire at the start
Weapon/Artifact: (No Weapons/Artifacts of Iconic or Legendary Worth have been acquired from Solaire's worlds or the ones he has traveled to.)

Special Powers:

Reckoning/Fate Shift - The Chosen Undead has shifted from one destiny to another and has been able to shape his own path without question. Changing not just his abilities but incorporating many skills and facets. He can go further then that and influence the fates of those around him by literally unraveling their own destinies. Breaking the shackles of fate for a brief moment he can change someones pre ordained moment of death or create a fate that ordains that the victim shall die that the hands of the chosen undead. It essentially means that the enemies of the chosen undead whom have no pre ordained death can be given one and then killed. Furthermore he has the ability to perceive and open Doors of Fate that he finds. 

Hammerspace Inventory - For some odd reason the Chosen Undead can summon weapons and armor of impossible size and equip them without issue. He carries a ton of items upon him and seemingly is unburdened by any save for what he physically has upon his person at that time. Anything he does not wish to keep seemingly can be called upon from this place without any hinderance to him. As such the Chosen Undead is a walking armory and library, able to carry an absurd amount of crap on him at all times.

Blacksmithing - Having encountered several Blacksmiths in his travels the Chosen Undead has picked up a few tricks and some other imprints from superior blacksmiths. Needing to make repairs to his weapons out in the field is one thing but to strengthen a new weapon is another asset that is always in need. There are variable degrees of success of course but this shall be tempered by learning and experience. Ultimately this can be yet a source of resources for the Chosen Undead and a way for him to contribute to the world that is opening around him.

Strengths:

Experienced Combatant - The Chosen Undead has been forged in the fires of battle through countless deaths against formidable foes of all sizes and can conceive of ways to bring down an opponent even if there is only one means to do so. He is also capable of wielding a exhausting array of weapons and magic and is pragmatic in his efforts. With each death his skill increased and his knowledge along with it. As such this makes him one of the deadliest and most experienced of adversaries in the worlds of swords and sorcery.

Paragon of Will - The Chosen Undead knows well that all of his battles are matters of pure attrition and willpower. Because he cannot die due to his curse, his real enemy is his own drive and motivation. The Chosen Undead has rotted away in an asylum for potentially centuries and never went Hollow. He endured all the trials of Lordran and has yet to go Hollow. For the Chosen Undead it is not a matter of how will he defeat an opponent but when he will. He has all the time and attempts required to overcome any obstacle. He throws his all into every conflict be it physical or social and is determined beyond anyone can fathom. As Arisen he had willed himself to not become instantaneously petrified by those abilities and furthermore has literally created life by his sheer will in the form of his personal pawn. As such his willpower is legendary and is perhaps the most determined protagonist of all.

Mark of the Arisen - As one of the fabled Arisen, he is destined to slay the dragon Grigori and those whom would stand in his path. However others have taken interest within him as well. Vast legions of near human like beings, a legion of beings called Pawns constantly cross his path with an oath of fealty to the Arisen. They live and die by his side and can be summoned by tapping the marking stone. The Arisen can call upon a small party to aid him in matters in and outside of combat. They are emotionless but intelligent. Brave but submissive. All are forged from the Arisen. His personal pawn is as nearly as strong as Solaire with notable exceptions being that she has no access to the inventory and magic of Dark Souls and cannot acquired hybrid vocations from Dragon's Dogma, namely the Mystick Archer, Assassin and Magick Knight. All other vocations are open to her but she tends to favor the Fighter vocation, using Sword and Shield though on occasions she is also a Ranger with a trusty Longbow.

Keen Perception - The Chosen Undead has always a knack for finding the most valuable of objects and is constantly cautious of many dangers ahead of him in his journey, often turning traps meant for him against his opponents. He also is capable of finding ways to locate an enemies weakness and if it is within his vast arsenal and exploit it. Even if the only weakness is gravity he will find a way to exploit it. Puzzles that would baffle others are able to be solved and he knows when a significant threat is upon him. It is through many deaths and unpleasant encounters that have made him exceptionally competent in approaching with caution lest he lose his souls and humanity.

Weaknesses:

The Curse of the Undead - The Chosen Undead's primary curse is terrible as he had once died but has been reanimated by an unseen force. Every time he dies, he dissolves into white hot ash and is reanimated infallibly at the nearest bonfire that he has rested at. However over time their minds and sanity begin to erode until they become Hollow. Each death brings them closer to this inevitable fate with the only means to stave off this fate is both their willpower, motivation and the cannibalizing of souls and humanity of which all undead covet. One whom dies too often can lose all of their souls and humanity within their vessels.

Constantly Hunted - Where one Undead may have been a noble knight another may be have been consumed by their lust for souls. Where one would join the other protagonists, other worlds would have Undead join the Legion. Either way, the Chosen Undead lives under constant attack whether he is among the living or the dead, Dark Spirits are drawn to him and his souls like a moth to flame. They intend to steal his souls and his humanity and accost him at every turn. They can pass through dimensions and pierce the veils of other worlds and seek him out. There is no way to tell when or where one can appear.

Glass Cannon - For all his ability to survive a multitude of deaths and various ways to die, Solaire is exceedingly fragile, capable of dishing out damage but also suffering greatly from it if he is not prepared to deal with a certain type of damage. Regardless, at his best Solaire can only stand to take a few hits before he drops down dead.

Attributes

Strength: 3
Agility: 2
Stamina: 2
Power: 1
Rep: 0

Solaire had to start with almost no access to the Arisen's powers save for his pawn unless he came into a situation locked in as Arisen but the drawback was it also meant he had no access to his inventory and spells from Dark Souls. Much like the variations of Jason or other characters from MKX. He had to level up first before the could get the best of both worlds. Not to mention overtime he managed to demote a weakness in him. (And because I dun goofed so I had to correct my own mistake through levels. ^_^) Even so Red Lobster took issue with my fate weaving from Kingdoms of Amalur. I had to reword it before he allowed it.

(To everyone else)

Thank you for chiming in about Ragnarok and so forth.

You have good taste in games, but i have to admit i agree with lobsters decision there. Fateweaving would have been too much. Also, starting Solaire's weaknesses are not really weaknesses.

Sorry if it seems i'm riding you hard. I just hate the character a lot because he is so suetastic and cannibalizes way too many games, but you the player i have no problem with.