Fire Emblem: Seal of Ruin (EX, Custom System, Still Recruiting!)

Started by Gensokian, April 13, 2011, 09:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochimaru

Don't forget the Hammer weapon. An axe that is a hammer, powerful against armored units. Low accuracy though.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  The more powerful weapons always seem to have the lower accuracy...

pendarious

true and while i'm at it lets not forget about horse slayers, and heavy spears.

Horse slayers as the name implies are lances that are effective against horse units while a heavy spear is effective against armor units.

the halberd is an axe effective against horse units.

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Orochimaru

Zanbato is a sword effective against cavilry or mounted units.

Kunoichi

Well, on the bright side, I just found a good theme for my Troubadour character. ^^

Gyakuten Meets Orchestra 2008 Turnabout Sisters Theme Maya

Now to find a good theme for an energetic dragon girl...

Laughing Hyena

Sides I didn't want to make a few eyes rolls by giving myself the "hero class" or what have you. lol

Zadaris

Just sent Genso my first profile! I feel so proud.  :'(

If everything is ok with it I might start knocking up a profile for either a Monk or an Axe Armor. I'll have a better think on that after forty-winks or so. *yawns*
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Kunoichi

Congratulations, Zadaris. ^^ As for your thoughts on a second character, we could certainly use somebody with an axe.  Though, on that front, I've heard fun things about pirates...

*thinks*

Hmm.  Now, how do I calculate Aid for Alicia?  She's mounted, so it should be a set number, minus her Con...  Should I go for 20, or 25? ^^;

pendarious

aid for troubadour is somewhere along 20 to begin with i think
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Kunoichi

*had a feeling that was the case, but had been hoping for 25*

pendarious

Kunoichi

Oh well.  At least I've got a high enough Aid stat to rescue even Princess Saretha's massive Dragon form. ^^

pendarious

Kunoichi

However, she only just barely has enough Aid for that. ^^; Saretha's Dragon form has a Con of 15, 10 higher than her regular form.

Laughing Hyena

Well in either case I guess that means my tank just got dethroned.

pendarious

well weapons that are effective against armor generally don't show up until around chapter 6 and onwards......

Orochimaru

Those special weapons are rare too. Most times you can't really buy them. If you can, your limited in number bought.

Kunoichi

*made a few last-minute changes to both of her character sheets*

Saretha now has Fire affinity and a note on her sheet for her Transformation Gauge charging time, while Alicia's stats have been rearranged to be more in line with typical Troubadour units. ^^;

Princess Saretha
Princess Saretha
The energetic daughter of a Dragon Laguz tribal chief
Class: Black Dragon
Affinity: Fire
Lvl: 1
Exp: 0

HP: 25 (50%)
Str: 6 (100%)
Mag: 0 (60%)
Skl: 5 (80%)
Spd: 6 (50%)
Lck: 4 (90%)
Def: 5 (50%)
Res: 2 (90%)

Move: 5 (7, flying)
Con: 6 (16)
Aid: 5 (15)
Transform: +5/-2 per turn, +6/-1 per round of combat

Inventory (Gold 5,000)
Laguz Stone (2 uses)

Dragonbreath
Might: 12 (24)
Weight: 0
Hit: 95% (145%)
Uses: Unlimited
Range: 1-2
Weapon Rank: A
Worth: N/A
Critical: 0 (5)
Alicia
Alicia
A calm, serene travelling priestess and her horse, Silverbolt
Class: Troubadour
Affinity: Light
Lvl: 1
Exp: 0

HP: 20 (60%)
Str: 4 (30%)
Mag: 3 (100%)
Skl: 5 (50%)
Spd: 8 (50%)
Lck: 6 (70%)
Def: 3 (90%)
Res: 3 (60%)

Move: 7, mounted
Con: 5
Aid: 15

Inventory
Vulnerary (3 uses)

Mend
HP Replenished: 20 (23)
Weight: 4
Uses: 20
Range: 1
Weapon Rank: D
Worth: 1,000
Critical: 10% (12%)
Experience: 12
Weapon Experience: 5
Equip Effect: Restores 15 HP

Silk

Remember us flying types have to watch out for bows as we take triple damage from them.

And I think it was fire magic against beast laguz and lightning against flying/dragon laguz wasnt it?

pendarious

fire against beast
Lightening against dragon
Wind against bird

Kunoichi

Ah, I see...  And wasn't Wind magic also effective against flying types, at least for a few games?

*is both a Dragon and Flying in dragon form*

Silk

I'm pretty sure those games didn't have the laguz in them. So didn't take that into consideration. But sometimes you just have double weakness, I'm affected by both horse killers and bows.

Zadaris

Oh god, wind on Ravens... not a pretty sight... the Fire Emblem equivalent of a windscreen splatter.... not pretty >.>

I've put together for our little ragtag group an axer - a pirate no less - who came out with some pretty decent Growths (100% HP: 80% Str; that was enough to sell me) so once Genso gives the ok I'll throw him - yes, him - up so you can cast your judgmental eyes on him. xD
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Visna

I'd love to join. I always loved the Fire Emblem games. Anything I need to know or should I just go ahead and post a CS?