Dealing with Difficult Situations

Started by ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut, May 31, 2011, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

I've been faced with situations in my time here where people have been rude or intentionally unhandedly insulting to me or people around me. People getting jealous or just being generally obnoxious, ignoring me in SB or threads...

How do I deal with these situations when they arise without getting into trouble? Can I even call people out on their behaviour?
“I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.”
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Blitzy

Say something in private, maybe? Sometimes people don't know they're doing it, as tone is very hard to get across in text sometimes. They may not be doing it intentionally.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Oniya

If it is intentional, report to staff - obnoxious can be merely a matter of clashing personalities, but outright rudeness is uncalled for.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

If you have a problem with anyone in our community, even me or other members of Staff, report it.  Go to one of the gods or goddesses with the situation if you're unable to settle it in PMs.

We do prefer it if you can handle it between yourselves.  Staff is her to help if that doesn't work.