IntChk: "Ar Tonelico: Melody of Verellion" - HVY Homebrew D20 system

Started by Lyell, June 04, 2010, 09:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyell

A world, twice struck by catastrophe, is trying its hardest to restore what once was. Towers that stretched to the heavans were erected to escape the land below. Once a lush landscape, now eternally choked into a submissive wasteland that has no chance of sustaining life. It was thought that people would live in and on the structures of these towers with a greater respect for life. Seldom things go as planned. Delusions of the towers sharing failing power sources led to war. Skyplanes and airships once used for peaceful transport were converted into war machines. Reyvateils - bio engineered humans capable of manipulating energy from the tower - were used as weapons or strictly prohibited from using Song Magic. In Sol Ciel, one Reyvateil ended the war by turning the tower and its Reyvateils against their makers.
  Plunged into darkness without the support of their weapons of destruction, humanity once again came under strict confinement. Each tower was designated an administrator Reyvateil of Origin blood. B-types act as enforcers for the administrators. Third generation Reyvateils live with humanity, though as their blood and control is much thinner than their predecessors, their role among humans is that of equals. Or so it started out. Only two towers have avoided third calamaties threatening all of the towers' inhabbitants, Reyvateil and Human alike. Sol Marta and Sol Ciel have established public transit and have been sending out expeditionary forces to the other towers in an attempt to establish peaceful communications and trade. Will you join the call?

This is going to be a HEAVILY modified d20 system based primarily off 3.5/pathfinder. Custom 'gods,' (read: Origin and β-types) class restrictions and requirements, combat mechanics, spell mechanics and yeah, not going to restrict myself to a list. As stated this is a thread to guage interest so I will include some of the key elements. I'm also taking liberties with the story since in cannon there's only supposed to be three towers.

-I intend for this to be a long lasting game.

-May or may not be combat heavy. Haven't decided yet.

-Detailed backstory of the world will be provided on request. (I have good reference material. Translation: I am an obsessed fanboy.)

-Spell Classes do not exist save for Reyvateils who use Song Magic.

-Reyvateils -
All are female, because the Y chromosome that males possesses suppresses the Reyvateil powers, and thus, precludes them fromdrawing power from any of the Song Servers.

By singing Songs, they can draw huge amounts of power directly from the Tower (they can use Song magic. Red - Destructive, Blue - Healing, Green - Support).

They can directly control the tower (only the ones with Hymn Codes)

Unless they have undergone through some kind of training, they do not have any physical qualities and are very weak, needing partners to protect them.

Almost all kinds can craft the Songs from their own feelings and experiences.

Almost all kinds have a Cosmosphere, in which their partners Dive to help them with the crafting of their Songs (except Reyvateil Origin).

All Reyvateils posess an installer port in the form of a tatoo. It is generally over a nerve cluster or vital organ to facilitate the acceptance and distribution of life extending agent. Because of the strain that song magic and communication with the towers places on the body, life extending agents must be administered every three months or the Reyvateil will die.

-Combat
-Song Magic
-Spells Known - A Reyvateil uses a Sorcerer's Spells Known table +1 divination and +1 illusion spell. A Reyvateil may also draw from ANY class spell list assuming she meets the lowest level required. However, as Song Magic is formed in the cosmosphere, it is limited by how deeply the Reyvateil has allowed a partner in. Only 'true partners' may progress beyond level 5.
*A Reyvateil's spells known table is not fixed like a Sorcerer's. Bonus spells known are applied based on the normal rules for whichever of the Reyvateil's INT, WIS or CHA is highest.

-Targetting - Spells that would target a single enemy or a single ally apply to all applicable targets. The targets must however be immediately visable.

-Spell DCs - Vary depending upon which class the spell belongs to. In the case of multiple classes, the highest DC that the Reyvateil qualifies for will be applied.

-Spells per day - Since Reyvateils draw upon the towers for Song Magic, their source is nigh limitless. However, a song that is cast may not be sung again for another five rounds. A song that has been cancled before casting only has a cool down of three rounds.

-Cast time - Normal cast times are required for spells.

-Holding Spells and Spell Release - Spells may be held. As a Reyvateil continues to sing, more power is added to the spell. A Ray of Frost held for 5 rounds deals 5d3 damage instead of 1d3.

-Spell Evolution - Songs of the same energy type and of stronger properties are considered evolved songs. The conditions to cast the first song must be met before the second. ex. Ray of Frost must be sung for 1 round before moving on to Cone of Cold. However, this Cone of Cold already counts as having been held for 1 round to compensate for the added cast time.

-Synchronity - Two or more Reyvateils may be present. In the event that they are, one may contribute to another's song. Red magic cast times are cut in half and damage for held spells accumulates at double the rate. Green and Blue magic can either be contributed to, doubling the effect, or can be combined to apply both effects at once.
*In the case of Red Magic, two separate songs may be sung at once. ex. Reyvateil A sings her song for Ray of Frost. Reyvateil B can sing with A but choses instead to sing her version of Polar Ray. On the second round, A's RoF turns into a Cone of Cold and both Reyvateils cast their songs. Their combined song deals a total of 32d6 cold damage and 2d4 dexterity damage. (I realize progressively speaking, Polar Ray should be the evolved Cone of Cold in terms of power, but this explaination seemed easiest.)

-Recieving damage - If the vanguard fails to defend adequately, a small amount of damage will transfer to the Reyvateil. In the event that a spell is being held at the time, the Reyvateil must make a concentration check DC: 10 + (level of damage source + damage recieved). Failed concentration checks weaken magic. Song magic is only as strong for as long as it has been sung. The amount the check was failed by is subtracted from the number of rounds the song has been sung. If the song strength becomes zero, the song is lost and it's effects end. Songs that are reduced but have not been ended in this manner have their strength reduced as though they had only been sung for as many rounds.

-Perfect defense - When the vanguard defeats an attempted blow so completely, a Reyvateils confidence is bolstered. In the event of a perfect defense a song gains strength as though it had been sung an extra round. In the case of songs that require evolution, this 'free round' may be applied to that requirement.

-Partners -
Can be of either gender, but typically have to be trusted on some level for their Reyvateil to concentrate in combat.

Are typically one of three races; Human, Teru or Virus. (Virus is just the technical name for physical manifestations of song magic with a will of their own. Think construct.)

Recieve total defense benefits when intercepting a blow on behalf of a Reyvateil. True partners have a bond that surpasses those of regular partners and are so in sync with their respective Reyvateil that her extraordinary senses act to empower her partner to better defend. Total defense benefits are further bolstered by +2 AC and another +1 for every 5 Reyvateil levels.

Any class except for those heavily reliant on magic or draw their magic from nature.

If it is not a base Pathfinder class I will ask that I be directed to some online source of information regarding it.

To do:
Cosmophere details, 'gods', hymmnos as a language

Jakuri, Greater Deity of Utopian Visions

Title(s) Mother Virus, Guardian of Reyvateils
Power level Greater
Alignment Chaotic Good
Portfolio Love, hope, the transformation of evil, free will, equality, compassion for the mistreated, the Reyvateil race, memetics, utopias
Alias(es) Mir
Hymn Code MIR_FEHU_EOLIA_ARTONELICO (original)
                             MIR_TEIWAZ_ARTONELICO (hacked)

Jakuri is the Reyvateil deity of hope, love (specifically in the sense of openness and kind feelings towards all living creatures), the rejection of cruelty, and the power of good to triumph in the face of adversity. Many Reyvateils believe that Jakuri is the embodiment of a force that is destined to bring to the world a new era of peace, compassion and joy everlasting; she has long been worshipped as a creator of utopias, though in her former aspect as Mir she was considered an evil deity and proponent of hatred and separatism, as she advocated the complete annihilation of the human race in order to further her goals. Jakuri's heart was transformed by the legendary Star Singer, Misha, who sang her own ancient song of hope and creation back to her and released her from the fetters of her hatred.

Jakuri's symbol is a compass-like glyph consisting of several concentric circles, surrounded by a ring of characters in the Hymmnos language.

Description

Jakuri manifests as a pale, slight girl of about fifteen apparent years of age, with long black hair and reddish-purple eyes. She is frequently clad in layered black and gold robes and adorned with a radial crown of spikes and horns, silver in colour and with a red crystal sphere clasped in the centre. To those whom she intends to teach compassion, she sometimes appears naked, making her painful thinness all the more apparent.

Dogma

Do not make slaves of your equals, nor trample on their wills. All emotions are virtues, love especially, but do not allow hatred to grow too great in you, as it will bind your freedom and smother your heart. Never let an injustice go unchecked; seize every opportunity in your power to change the world for the better. Spread your message quickly and efficiently and make sure it is heard by many; use all the powers at your disposal to infiltrate and sway the hearts of the apathetic. Never forget that this world is a world worth saving, and no matter how hard things get, never give up.

Scriptures

Jakuri's followers adhere to the words of her first hymn, EXEC_HARMONIOUS_FYUSION/., as a sacred scripture and a guide to how one should view others, particularly those who have tormented and slighted you.

Faura yerwe murfan anw sol ciel. / The little bird chirps her feelings to the world.
Faura sonwe murfan anw sol ciel ee. / The little bird sings her feelings to the people.
Hymmnos oz faura pomb na omnis, den accrroad / The little bird's song won't give birth to anything, but it's sent to you
Sos yor, yanje revm, na endia revm, yehah revm. / For your sake, it will send you to an eternal dream,en endless dream, a happy dream...

Fou hellei ga tasyue yorr yehar elle fandel hierle / I will offer myself to release you from that enormous sadness
Faura sonwe presia yorr wis yehah / The little bird sings like it is trying to bring happiness to you
ween shellan yorra accrroad mea, sarla oz enne / From inside this cage where you all put me, I shall sing the song of prayers
titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje / Even if it's only a little, I shall bring you eternal happiness

Hyear, whai yorra vit role hierle? / Hey, why do you always make that sad face?
Was ki ga fowrlle yor / I want to comfort you
Was yea ra accrroad sos yor / I shall give a flower to you
rudje en rudje rosa / Red, red roses
yorr acra firle wael, / Surely, I shall be pleased to give you,
Fandel rosa, fandel rosa, yorr infel / Multiply them, multiply them, let them fill you

Den, here irs ar venan frawr, ween titilia shellan / But, there are only white flowers here, inside this little cage
Den na orviclle, vis ween leaff, / It's alright, I read it from the books
chsee tes rudj / The white flowers shall turn red
clalliss vinan frawr / like the dove I saw in the books
der sacra rol fau ween leaff / The white flower will be colored with blood
rosa, sos yor, tasyue / And then, I shall give them to you

vinan frawr tes rudje, rudje rol sacra / the white flowers are turning red
sacra how clalliss / The color that is bright and clean
celetille clalliss xel marta pomb mea clalliss vit iem noini / This is the first time since my mother gave birth to me
fountaina rudje rosa sos yor / Embracing all the roses that I made for you
fountania sacra / My overflowing crimson
weal, acra yorr chantai mea? / Are you pleased? Are you praising me?
fountania infel / My overflowing love
whia yorr na rippllys mea? / Why don't you answer me?
fountaina, sos yor / Overflowing, for your sake.
rippllys mea? / Hey, why?

Fuara werle titilia en sonwe sos marta / The little bird shed tears, and sang for her mother's sake
Sos yor, yanje revm, na endia revm / An eternal dream, an endless dream...

Worshippers

Clerics of Jakuri seek to spread her word throughout all nations and people, often using subversive or subliminal methods to do so; they are often cunning and adept at mental influence and manipulation, though true followers of Jakuri use these deity-given gifts only for good, and strive to leave others' minds (largely) as they found them. They sing hymns of hope to the people, aiming to lighten their hearts and direct their thoughts towards the creation of a better world. Where there is mistreatment of the weak and defenceless, particularly of Reyvateils, Jakuri's clerics will provide aid. Their vestments are robes of black and red.

Jakuri's paladins relentlessly seek out cults and corrupt organisations responsible for slavery and abuse, freeing their prisoners and disbanding the organisations where possible, though they try to refrain from overtly violent acts; oddly enough for paladins, they are largely pacifist, as they consider that Jakuri in her Good aspect does not condone these. Their slogan is "Peace won by the sword will fall by the sword". They rely heavily on the fearsome appearance of their black, spiked armour and the reputation of Jakuri's former aspect, Mir, to shatter their foes' resolve without aggression. Their battle hymns are soaring choruses, in stark contrast to their appearance, that can bring even the most cold-hearted to tears; it is said that they are so sweet and pure that they hurt the heart as much as they soothe it.

Jakuri also has a number of intelligent homunculi at her command, commonly known as viruses. Their will is ultimately subservient to hers, but otherwise they may do as they please, and she does not exert a huge amount of control over them except when necessary. They may take the forms of humans (though always with some distinctive aspect to their appearance, such as an odd hair colour or facial patterning), or of sleek mechanical beasts.

Powers

Followers of Jakuri have access to the following spells in addition to their abilities. (Will probably use the paladin table for slots/spells known)

Level 1: Hypnotism - 1d6 creatures within 30 ft. cube become susceptible to a reasonable suggestion.
             Cause Fear - one creature at close range with 5HD or less becomes frightened for 1d4 rounds. If the subject succeeds on a Will save, it is shaken for 1 round.

Level 2: Pacify - magically calms 2d4 creatures of 6 HD or less in a 10 x 10 x 20ft. area, causing them to cease conflict and energetic action; doesn't affect undead.
             Hypnotic Symphony - a twisting pattern of subtle, shifting colors weaves through the air, accompanied by sweet music, fascinating creatures within a range of 100 ft. + 10 ft./level. Roll 2d4 and add your caster level (maximum 10) to determine the total number of Hit Dice of creatures affected.

Level 3: Charm - directly influences the actions of 1 creature within a 30 yard radius; the request must be made to sound reasonable but need not conform to reality, only to a potential interpretation of the situation.
              Heart of Hope - instills powerful hope in the subjects (one living creature per level, 100 ft. + 10 ft./level range). Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Level 4: Mind Guardian - provides the caster a +6 bonus to saving throws (or allows a saving throw if one is not normally allowed) against spells or effects that command or destroy the mind.
              Viral Possession - control the actions of any humanoid creature in close range, for one day/level, through a telepathic link that you establish with the subject’s mind.

Level 5: Mental Virus - allows the caster to possess the body of one evil creature or neutral animal within a 30 yard radius for a six-round duration.
             Mind Fog - creatures within 20ft. radius take a -10 competence penalty on Wisdom checks and Will saves.

Level 6: Mass Suggestion - as Charm but influences all creatures within a 30 yard radius.
              Heart of Heroism - touched creature gains a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks, immunity to fear effects, and temporary hit points equal to your caster level (maximum 20).

Level 7: Brain Spider - allows the caster to eavesdrop on the thoughts of up to eight other beings at once, hearing as desired:
The ceaseless chaos of surface thoughts and images, or
Individual trains of thought in the order the caster desires, or
Information from all minds about one particular topic, thing, or being, one nugget of information per level of the caster.
             Sympathetic Vibration - any touched, unliving, free-standing structure (building, bridge, dam, etc.) begins to vibrate, taking 2d10 damage per round for 1 round/level. Constructs cannot be targeted.

Level 8: Jakuri's Blessing of Eternal Youth - stalls the aging process of any creature of Intelligence 2 or greater. The creature gains lifespan up to one year per level of the caster
             Cacophonic Shield - caster creates a 10’ radius barrier of sound around himself/herself that moves with the caster. Crossing the barrier has the following effects:
Non-Magical Sound – cannot cross.
Magical Sound – requires a successful Caster check to cross.
Creature – takes 1d8 +1/lvl (max 1d8+20) Sonic damage (no save) & is Deafened for 1 minute (FortNeg).
Missile Weapons –33% miss chance.

Level 9: Defragmentation - isolates the innermost hopes, dreams and compassionate feelings of the target and from them creates startingly vivid illusions that compel them to change themselves and others for the better, and create a long-lasting feeling of peace and wellbeing in the target due to their refocusing on their highest values.
             Jakuri's Empyreal Compassion – one subject per level feels extremely good, for 1 minute/level:
a) Any lingering or ongoing pain effects are ended;
b) Becomes immune to new [mind] spells & effects (though any already in effect remain);
c) Only takes ½ damage from melee & ranged attacks;
d) All skill checks receive a –4 penalty.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Latooni Subota

Color me interested as a Reyvateil. Tentatively interested for now, that is. More info is a good thing. :)
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Revelation

Hrm... I'm interested, yes! Though I've only played Ar tonelico 2, I hope thats not a problem. I'll be playing a human male, guardian to a Reyvateil. Perhaps Warblade or Crusader if they're allowed? (From tome of battle), If not, I can think of another class easily, i'm sure :) Maybe even just the pathfinder Fighter or the likes.

Arlyn

I'm interested as well.

When it comes to the setting, I'm curious though.  When it comes to the Reyvateils in charge, do the Origin and B-types control everything and use like a caste system or something?  Or is it more like Ar Tonelico 1?

Lyell

Added detail, modified preface slightly, and put in a to do list.

The events in AT1 and AT2 sort of closed the percieved power gap in regards to Third Generation and B-type Reyvateils. Origins will still trump them overall, as they're essentially personifications of the towers. The Hexagonal test used to determine AT1's class system for Reyvateils only detected surface strength. Overall the bond between Partners is what determines a reyvateil's strength.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Revelation

Bit of a tall order for d20, but I've wanted to try an Ar tonelico game for a while, and think this could be interesting! So consider me still in, waiting to see how this develops should it come to pass.

Lyell

Quote from: Arlyn on June 05, 2010, 10:44:38 PM
I'm interested as well.

When it comes to the setting, I'm curious though.  When it comes to the Reyvateils in charge, do the Origin and B-types control everything and use like a caste system or something?  Or is it more like Ar Tonelico 1?

I'm sorry, I believe I misinterpreted your question. Sol Ciel's administrator and a B-type were controling the humans through subtle (and not so subtle) manipulation. Sol Marta was the reverse of that, in which humans manipulated things to make it appear as though the Reyvateils were the governing bodies. In the third tower (pre-established. Not my design), humans have been enslaved by Reyvateils, though not erradicated. In the fourth tower (mine) I thought a reverse situation would complete the cycle.

ReijiTabibito

I'm relatively new to Ar Tonelico, and Pathfinder, but I'm very familiar with 3.5, and its associated classes.

That said...space for 1 more?

Lyell

Yeah, I just need to get some things sorted out in my head. Been negligent here because my classes have progressed to Business Communications and the subtle differences in grammatical issues is frying my brain.

Lyell

Added Jakuri as a 'deity' and associated partner powers. Still debating on whether to use the paladin or cleric tables for progression.

ReijiTabibito

Questions I have, looking over the books and such.

1 - Since Revyateils are the only ones capable of performing Song Magic, what do we do about certain classes?  The Barbarian, Fighter, the Monk, and the Rogue are the only classes without magic.  Now, for some classes - like the Paladin or Ranger - magic isn't hugely important, and is sort of more an add-on.  But classes like the Cleric, the Druid, the Sorcerer, and the Wizard...?  Are those essentially defunct classes (the Wizard definitely is - he doesn't get anything other than magic, unlike the Sorcerer or Cleric)?  What is being done about them?

2 - From what I can tell, the only non-humans in the game are the Teru, Viruses, and Origin Revys.  Is everyone else human, then?

3 - Building the characters...how are we doing that?

I also have a couple of other questions...but I think those are suited more for PM.  So, PM me.

Lyell

1 - Revateils are the only caster class. The other classes DO gain supernatural benefits, but only based upon which Origin or Beta type favors their actions. If someone really wants to play a paladin, cleric or monk I can make some sort of adaptation. But Sorc/Wiz/Druid is out. The druid moreso because their connection to the world is essentially severed. 99.8% of inhabbitable space on the surface is poisoned by the 'Sea of Death,' so polluted and toxic none can survive on it.

2 - Humans will be the most dominant type of race, yes.

3 - Haven't decided. Mostly been waiting for inspiration to strike me regarding fleshing out Shurelia, Misha, Frelia and all the other alignment representatives.

ReijiTabibito

1 - Okay.  So, basically, we either play a Barbarian, a Fighter, a Ranger, a Rogue, or a Revyateil?  Granted that's enough for a good sized group (5 players before overlap), but still...

2 - Okay.

3 - Now, I mean, what I meant was - are we rolling dice?  Or doing the point system of buying stats, or what?

Lyell

1- Radolf Schneizen was probably the closest thing to a paladin Ar Tonelico had, and his knowledge of harmonics granted him power thought exclusive to the Apostles of Elemia... IN the presence of a Revateil. Again, I MAY consider it. Or maybe the teru/half-teru and viruses will have access to those classes. There's an idea...

3- I haven't decided.

Lyell

Okay, I've just typed info for Shurelia three times now and each time it's been eaten by an error. I'll post it tomarrow, but it's going down on word first, cause this is rediculous.

Also to note, I'm getting rid of most of the class restriction, but I am still adamant on Druids, Sorcerers and Wizards.

Shurelia, Greater Deity of Retribution and Order

Title(s) Mother of All Reyvateils, Guardian of Ar Ciel (the world), Grand Master of the Knights of Elemia
Power level Greater
Alignment Lawful Good
Portfolio Love, hope, freedom, retribution, redemption, strength and healing
Alias(es) Eoria, (Lady) Shurelia, Wiseman (one of three)
Hymn Code EORIA_ANSUL_ARTONELICO

Shurelia is the Reyvateil deity of retribution and redemption. She loathes betrayal and is slow to trust anyone's true intentions. Many Reyvateils believe that Shurelia is the embodiment of divine fury, the counter-balance to all the wrongs that have been committed against them. She was the first Reyvateil ever built and the first to become a tower administrator: the first tower, Sol Ciel, was hers as well. Shurelia is said to have given birth to much of the reyvateil population today because it was she who gave the humans the technology to construct the Pureblooded β-type under the impression that they would be not constructed for war.

Shurelia has no traditional symbol, though because the Knights of Elemia have the Hymmnos symbol for justice etched into their armor, it is commonly assumed to be her symbol.

Description

Shurelia manifests as a healthy, slender girl of about sixteen apparent years of age, with long white hair and deep blue eyes. She is frequently clad in gold, white and black armor and adorned with a crowned helmet, matching the color scheme of her armor. To those whom she trusts absolutely, or feels her no-nonsense authoritative approach will not work, she appears without her armor though much of the adapters are still in place.

Linker (Armor)

Standard

Dogma

Shurelia teaches that honoring one's duty and promises takes priority above all else. Justice and freedom are brought about through modesty, perseverance, and self-sacrifice. Shurelia's priests teach that the truly strong resolve their problems without violence. Shurelia's Knights of Elemia however, understand that some problems can not be solved without the use of force.

Scriptures

Shurelia's hymn, EXEC_SUSPEND is hailed more for its application than its contents. As a last ditch effort to protect the humans and reyvateils she loved, Shurelia sang SUSPEND in order to put the entire tower of Sol Ciel into sleep mode, effectively doing the same to herself and Mir before the tower could be completely taken over by Mir.

Worshippers

To be added

Powers

To be added

Lyell

In the interest of getting this game going some time this year, I will set aside the profiling of the deities for now. Any class dependant upon a divine entity will use core spells with the option of converting over to the respective Reyvateil's once I have finished them.

Cosmospheres are the subconciousness of the Reyvateil, with each level representing an inner demon. Levels 1-5 contain surface thoughts. Level 3 and 5 are special in that they represent the memory field and the emotions of lust and attatchment, respectively. The further a partner dives, the less the Reyvateil directly influences said level. 5 is the breaking point. Beyond it, the reyvateil has no control over her world and it is run entirely by her subconciousness. Surface thoughts are replaced by deeply rooted conflicts between herself, her comerades and the world around her.

Level 1, 3 and 5 I will leave up to the reyvateil players themselves. Throughout the game I will make it a point to privately inform reyvateil players of situations that SHOULD strike a chord in them. However, I will welcome any debate or rational explaination for them not to be phased by it. History, past disposition or what have you will be considered valid.

The console games require that a reyvateil be dived into for her power to expand. This game will be no different. A reyvateil who otherwise qualifies for more spells or evolved stages will be denied them until her emotions are settled. Diving will incur a fee that will be level dependant, but not unreasonable.

Though the exchange is supposed to exclude my own interferance, I would ask that I be directed via PM to the thread for the purpose of the aforementioned situations. Even cosmosphere interaction can influence future levels. Also, certain issues can crop up within the level if certain conditions are met, such as a paradigm shift that occurs before core issues are resolved, unresolved issues that were prevalent on the previous stage, repeated themes, unescapable situations and so on within the sphere. (Like I said, it's your mind they're diving into. Feel free to go nuts.)