Well, I thought I'd try!

Started by Drippingruby, September 14, 2017, 08:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drippingruby

So I'm not approved, but I still really want to role play.

See, I have this idea:
War. War had never been peaceful, and even though it is hard for the leaders of countries, it is always harder on the ones actually doing the fighting. Our story centers not on the royal courts of these two countries, but on the generals of their respected armies. The war had made them hard, lasting a long 2 years so far, and a lot of the normal people can no longer remember what started this, all they know is what the war has done to their lands, crops, and lives.

The generals both see what's happening to the country they love, and resolve to do what they must in order to save their respective kingdoms. The pair clash, several times, until one gains the upper hand. With the general of the other country as a captive, the winning one has the choice of what they want to do, but the noble thing to do would be to deliver the general to the king.. right? But what if they kill them? This warrior that after so many battles held their own? Even if they are the enemy, there's a sense of respect between them, and maybe a spark of attraction, or budding friendship.

So it's high fantasy, with fighting, perhaps some light world building but mostly character driven with drama and a massive conflict between sense of justice, feelings and duty to king and country. I would LOVE to start the writing one or two battles in, so they have a feel for one another, making the match a little more dynamic. I want to build both characters up until they both have the same idea, to exploit a weakness they see within the other. Maybe even changing their views on the politics of their small world.

I'm willing to play male or female, but honestly I would rather play a male right now. As for a face-claim, it would be anime or drawn.
Role play? Yes please!
O/O Thread }|{ Search thread with plots!
A/A

Szandor

I really like this idea, and if you're still willing to give it a go I'd love to talk about it?

-Szandor
Posting Rate: SLOW

Drippingruby

Sure. I am always down for this. We can start after we hammer out a few details.

Did you want to be male, or female; in a platonic, Hetero or Female/ pairing ( I won't play boy love )?

Did you want to be the general taken as a prisoner, or did you want that role to be me?

Which one of us should start?

We should probably start after they know one another a little, so upon creating my character I will post on here the link to the thread I will make, which includes a small profile. You character is completely up to you. ( I may be playing a more evil intention one if your character takes mine prisoner. )

Why are they at war? My favorites include over land, over independence, over a failed arranged marriage, over resources, or just for the hell of it.

Were you okay with high fantasy, in a lightly world built setting? If I build my own kingdom ( which is what usually happens ) to get things going faster I simply model it after an existing land.

Would you like to use face claims?
Role play? Yes please!
O/O Thread }|{ Search thread with plots!
A/A

Szandor

Quote from: Drippingruby on September 16, 2017, 04:21:07 PM
Sure. I am always down for this. We can start after we hammer out a few details.

Did you want to be male, or female; in a platonic, Hetero or Female/ pairing ( I won't play boy love )?

Did you want to be the general taken as a prisoner, or did you want that role to be me?

Which one of us should start?

We should probably start after they know one another a little, so upon creating my character I will post on here the link to the thread I will make, which includes a small profile. You character is completely up to you. ( I may be playing a more evil intention one if your character takes mine prisoner. )

Why are they at war? My favorites include over land, over independence, over a failed arranged marriage, over resources, or just for the hell of it.

Were you okay with high fantasy, in a lightly world built setting? If I build my own kingdom ( which is what usually happens ) to get things going faster I simply model it after an existing land.

Would you like to use face claims?

Wicked, I'll get to these questions.

I'd like to play a male character, since that's what I'm most comfortable with. But anything you play is fine by me. I'm think a Hetero pairing would be cool, and if you don't want to to a Homosexual one that's completely fine.

Hmm. I think it would be a cool idea to throw around that they both get lost somewhere? As in, perhaps they're the only remaining ones in a battle, and they have no way of getting to their respective homes(perhaps the horses were killed in the onslaught) so they have to work together to survive and get home? I'm not sure if that sounds good to you, but let me know! Prisoner idea sounds good too, and I think if it goes that way then it would be cool if my character did that.

As for who should start; I'd really rather you start. Just considering the fact that this would be the first roleplay I've ever done on this site and I want to get a feel for how it's done etc etc

Nice. I'll try to make my character profile as detailed as yours is once it's up.

Why they're at war... hm. I think the idea of having a war over independence is cool. Like a Civil War or something. Then again, resources could be spun really well as well. Those two stood out the most.

I am very okay with high fantasy. Love me some fantasy writing.

I do use faceclaims! I use as many visuals as I possibly can (for their clothing, faceclaim, armour, etc etc) so tell me if that would annoy you or not!

Szandor

I'd also just like to add this; I do any sort of pairing. If you want to play a male character then it doesn't have to be romantic if you don't do that. I'm fine with absolutely anything on that front.