Souled! (Character Thread) CLOSED!

Started by kasper, September 03, 2011, 11:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malixe

Accident! Completely missed the post bottom. Hi~, I'm playing Nightmare(Maybe)! Pleased to say hi to everyone :D

DarkRose15

Nice to meet you, love your avatar pic btw :)
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Malixe

Truly? ^^ Thank you. Feels like a good bookmark for Nightmare.

DarkRose15

It looks really bad ass, I quite like it ^_^

bubby

My first choice for Deimos, because he's so broodingly lovely. My second , and my third

These two I found for Lo as well, in case they want to be used? I *cough* personally enjoy them.. this and this

I hope any of these suffice?

Flower

Your first choice is quite lovely Bubby :)

DarkRose15

Quote from: bubby on September 05, 2011, 03:57:13 PM
My first choice for Deimos, because he's so broodingly lovely. My second , and my third

These two I found for Lo as well, in case they want to be used? I *cough* personally enjoy them.. this and this

I hope any of these suffice?
I personally like the first and third for Deimos. I like the long haired one for Lo :)

Malixe

Oooh, more lovely pictures ^^... Mmm... I'm pretty sure I've seen this artist before @_@.

bubby

Thank you ladies!

Though I do like long hair, I'm a COMPLETE sucker for silver/white hair. Plus I just liked his beauty, and brooding/angry look for the char as well. And for Lo..heh..-either- of those would work for me, especially since he's mine?.. I MEAN.. Deimos'!

Yeah..  >_>

It's Heise, Malixe

Malixe

Yes! I just looked him up and found he's the original artist of the ever famous "Exploding Dragon-Man in a Red Hood Surrounded in Crosses" Picture ^^. It's very nice.

Flower

I've been inspired to do some browsing for my hell hounds xD

DarkRose15

I'm still waitin' for my Rat Prince ^_^ *giggles*

Brittlby

I want to play Rat Prince. I have a sheet already made up for it actually...
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

DarkRose15

Quote from: Brittlby on September 05, 2011, 04:26:39 PM
I want to play Rat Prince. I have a sheet already made up for it actually...
Excellent ^_^ I'll warn you Lucinda will not be an easy girl to enchant, she's quite sadistic. He has his work cut out for him ^_^ Did you want to keep the image that Octopus chose or do you want to find your own? I like the one already there but it is your char ^_^

Brittlby

Heh... In all modesty, I'm thinking they'll make great friends.

I'll just run with that picture. It suits the concept I'm pitching pretty well.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

JadenMystic

So am I doing both Dream and Innocent Soul? I've got a few finishing touches to do to Dream's but still trying to get some inspiration for the Innocent Soul's...

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

bubby

Are we supposed to expand on what's already there for who we picked? Also, is it a problem if Deimos (if there is a need) is homosexual? I tend towards that when I play males.

Brittlby

Given that his primary love interest is a man, I don't think it would be an issue.

O/O

bubby

Wasn't sure if Lo was really a -love- interest or not...lol. Being a Pet doesn't always mean being in love/sex!

kasper

Oh a lot has gone on. Okay let me see. Yes, you may play more than one character, so long as the characters you play aren't paired "romantically." That just wouldn't be any fun.

Uhm... Second, Brittlby I love what you've done with Rat Prince and I think Rose will be happy to you have you as her romantic pairing for the sinister twin.

Bubby - It will be very difficult to sway me on changing the picture for Deimos because that picture is what inspired the character. Deimos' form is meant to be simultaneously both deceiving and reflective of his personality. To me, Deimos is one of the more complex characters of the role play. His character is built around the idea of childlike innocence and frailty. Deimos is rather childlike in nature, however his innocence was taken from him before he was even born. The frailty is meant to play on that stolen innocence, especially in Lo's eyes. Lo is to see him as both a being of darkness and a delicate treasure that must be protected at all costs. If you've ever seen the movie Let Me In, it's kind of like that. She looks harmless, only a child but she's truly a monster. These two sides clash wonderfully and make for a chilling character. Deimos' character is meant to be haunting, leaving other characters with chills when they cross him. The problem with the pictures you proposed is that they don't communicate those qualities which are most important about him. They're pretty pictures, but they're not Deimos. So with that said, I just can't say yes to those pictures, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to meet you half way. I do want you to be happy with the image representing your character, but I also want the image to represent the character well. We can both search and collaborate on what qualities we want and don't want. As I said, I want you to be happy with the character's representative image, that is important to me, so I will do my best to accommodate you.

As for Lo, this is more so up to Jobe than you since Lo will be her character. But, like Deimos I am also a little hesitant to change the picture on this one and perhaps even more so than with Deimos simply because the picture I have representing Lo looks both a monster and a victim whereas the ones you suggested merely look like victims - both Lo and Deimos need a fear factor emanating them. Despite Lo being very gentle and tender when not ordered to harm you, he can turn on you at the snap of Deimos' fingers without a second thought.

Unfortunately, Lo and Deimos are the two characters I'm most set on for their images, as they were the first of three characters I had an image of in the first place. The rest I had to go out and search for and changed around several times before I was happy with them.

And yes, Lo and Deimos are the romantically paired, though I'm sure Deimos can dabble and toy with whoever he pleases.

As for Malixe, I have you down as Nightmare.

And back to bubby, I'll put you down as Deimos, you'll probably have to discuss with other players about potential back stories between their characters and the Dark God, since I imagine many of them will. I think the Ferryman and Deimos will have some kind of strange past though I haven't quite figured it out, so you'll be sure to be hearing from me about it. :)

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

JadenMystic

May I be Dream also along with the Innocent Soul?

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

kasper

kasper

Alright ladies and gents, make sure I have every thing up to date in your character skeletons if you have made any changes. :)

DarkRose15

I still gotta get my shit together for wayward and banshee but if I don't flesh it out here I have it in my noggin' and I'll flesh it out via story :)

SinXAzgard21

The artwork for the character concepts are lovely.  Had to get that out of the way.

I was wondering if I could place a vote in for Basilisk.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.