What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on July 07, 2012, 06:49:39 PM
Indie game isnt really something that should consider price. I mean there are indie games that I would have gladly payed $60 for (Dungeon defenders). Quality is quality and fun is fun whether you have a publisher backing you or not.
Yes and no, yes if it's fun it's definitely worth more, but at the same time indie games should probably be cheaper. A.) They usually don't have a big budget to make up.

B.) It's smart marketing. "Hey, play our game, it's just as good and half the price!"

C.) It's what the market expects, and or will bear. :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Skyrim Dovahkiin Rap - "The Dovanator!" by JT Machinima

Just had to share this. Skip right to the one minute mark to pass the shitty intro.

GanonDwarf

I just started Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, and hopefully I'll start Disgaea 4 tonight.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Brandon

Quote from: Inkidu on July 07, 2012, 07:04:27 PM
Yes and no, yes if it's fun it's definitely worth more, but at the same time indie games should probably be cheaper. A.) They usually don't have a big budget to make up.

B.) It's smart marketing. "Hey, play our game, it's just as good and half the price!"

C.) It's what the market expects, and or will bear. :\

Right but Ill im saying is a game shouldnt necessarily be cheap just because its an indie game
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Hemingway

Spec Ops: The Line is pretty great. There's nothing outstandingly good about the gameplay or graphics, or anything like that. But it has an actual story. With actual twists. With genuine feelings. It's a bit short, but it's one of the few action games I actually feel like playing again, so at least there's that.

Inkidu

Playing as Spain in CiV, had a thousand gold before 1000BC, Spain makes some god. I know it also sounds horribly cliche but I got invaded by Huns. My army crushed there's and now I'm waiting for my two brand new and shiny catapults to get into position in the hills overlooking one of his cities.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Seems every time I think I've exhausted my options for Skyrim, I learn something new. I kind of wish that it could just be 'games broke, wait for patch', so I could stop worrying about it, but eh, new info, new possible solutions. Anything to get the game working again.

Apparently, Skyrims policy with mods is if two do the same thing, it will just choose one over the other, and the on/off tends to have some almost random side effects. Using a program to change the load order only shifts the problem somewhere else, which can change it and make it worse.

The only solution seems to be to start the game completely vanilla, then THOROUGHLY test the mods one by one. I don't think it's going to be as simple as 'don't use two similar mods'. Something like using Skyrim Redone and Werewolf Enhancer at the same time could overlap in some minor way and force the game to go to it's little selection process that mucks things up.

Sel Nar

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has its hooks in me PC-wise for one very entertaining reason. Titan-class Warships, and all the shit they wreck.

Your interplanetary Empire can only have One at a time. Each of the Six titans dominates the planetary gravity well it's stationed in, as the only things of similar size are the shipyard used to construct it, and the immense Starbases used to create chokepoints along the phase transit lanes.

Here's what the TEC Loyalists (read: Defensive Isolationists) have. It's called the Ankylon.

It has 24 missile banks, 16 dual-cannon pulse laser turrets, 8 heavy cutting beam lasers, and 8 Space to Surface Nuclear missile launchers. Secondary systems include anti-fighter point-defense guns, an internal factory that build and replaces strike craft as needed, and, in general, the only thing that can stop it in battle is another Titan, or a few hundred cruisers.

In comparison, the next-largest capital vessel (in the TEC's case, the Kol Battleship), has a total of 9 Autocannon turrets, 4 beam lasers, 3 pulse lasers in a single turret, and a single space/surface nuke launcher. It is roughly one-sixth the size of the Ankylon.

Life in Color

I picked up the Civ V: Goda and Kings expansion, and it it super awesome.

Brandon

The next game Im going to try as soon as I can get a few people together to play with

► WTF Is... - Super Monday Night Combat ?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Guess what I'm playing. Skyrim. Mission fucking accomplished.

Hemingway

More or less on a whim I bought a PS Vita.

More or less because there are two PSP games I want to play, and I don't feel like buying an outdated handheld device.

But who knows? Maybe they'll release some good Vita games.

Sabby

Look's like Team Fortress 2, but less dull. Still watching the video, I kind of want to try it, but all I'm thinking is STOP FUCKING JUMPING you retard Dx

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on July 10, 2012, 11:29:16 AM
More or less on a whim I bought a PS Vita.

More or less because there are two PSP games I want to play, and I don't feel like buying an outdated handheld device.

But who knows? Maybe they'll release some good Vita games.
Uncharted, comes to mind.

Also Persona 4 Golden, if you're into Visual NovelxJRPG action kind of things.

Brandon

Alright, my first impressions for Super monday night combat are in. Its pretty awesome. Hard as hell to learn and sometimes play (out of 12 matches I only won 3) but its deep, action packed, and above all really funny. There were a few times I had those WTF??? borderline rage moments but they were usually cut short a few seconds later when the announcers made some kind of joke during the respawn timer

I think its biggest flaw is it does a horrible job at giving you information about your skills and when to use them. For example I played a gunner in a few matches and I could not for the life of me get his rocket power to work and I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on July 10, 2012, 01:11:07 PM
Uncharted, comes to mind.

Also Persona 4 Golden, if you're into Visual NovelxJRPG action kind of things.

I got it with Uncharted. xD

I've only played it for about five minutes. It's ... not what I'd expected. I guess I expected less action. I take out one guy, and suddenly I have an AK and I'm facing a whole group of guys? And my stealth takedowns are about as well-executed as anything done by Batman? I'm not buying it.

I did buy Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, though. Which was one of the PSP games I wanted. The other is Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. War of the Lions is ... well, I haven't played far, but it feels more mature than the other FFTs. I like it so far.

Funny, though. The site I usually go to for release dates doesn't even have a section for Vita games. And the list I looked at from ... IGN? I think? I forget. Anyway, it was rather uninteresting. Of course that's sort of to be expected with such a new device.

Wolfy

Hemingway

Whatevs. There's only one game I want to know the release date for anyway.

Metal Gear Solid 5.

( I'm about to start a new playthrough of Snake Eater. Or MGS4? Hmm. My biggest problem right now is deciding which to play. )

Oniya

*does Kermit arms*

I got the bronze key!

*flails back out of the thread*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on July 10, 2012, 09:46:45 PM
*does Kermit arms*

I got the bronze key!

*flails back out of the thread*
No context, yay! :D

Hemingway

I can't play Uncharted on my Vita. The controls are sloppy, but I can get used to that. The main problem is that I can't work out what the game is supposed to be. I mean, the premise seems to lend itself to a largely non-violent ( or at least non-lethal ) game. You're not playing some sort of hardened killer like ... Sam Fisher or Max Payne or anything like that. As far as I can tell, he's more an Indiana Jones type. So why is the game set up in such a way that I have basically no choice but to shoot my way through it? I don't get it! Make up your mind, Uncharted!

Sabby

O.O

TERCH MERGEK! =D MAH FRAVRIT SPERLS!

Erm... mod gave me Touch Spells in Skyrim ^^' they was my favourite from Oblivion, so it's good to have them back. I can finally make my Ballwark class again. Shield and Touch. They hit me. Bop. Shield absorbs. I touch them. FWOOM! Flies across room, slams into wall, crumples into a heap and twitches and smokes until the skin turns black and sizzling.

...got a mod for that one too ^^' Burnt corpses + naked male ragdolls = my little brother is traumatized. He's seen too many charred testicles while looting and I won't tell him how to turn the mod off.

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on July 11, 2012, 05:43:01 PM
...got a mod for that one too ^^' Burnt corpses + naked male ragdolls = my little brother is traumatized. He's seen too many charred testicles while looting and I won't tell him how to turn the mod off.

Am I a bad person for cackling?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Not as bad as me >:3 He killed a guy with better armor then him and just stared at the corpse. "...you should take that armor man" "Shut up -.-" "Just saying, it's nice, you should take it off-" "Shut up -.- now"

Brandon