What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118832-Resident-Evil-6-Offers-Player-Controlled-Zombies

Well this sounds interesting in theory.

Being able to play as zombies/monsters in someone else's game, and having your own voice-chat channel to communicate with other people as monsters to coordinate attacks on the human players that you've invaded...

....Sounds neat. o3o

ChainsawAdams

Re-playing Jet Set Radio Future.  An awesome game plus I needed the musical and artistic inspiration.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
(Fridays 11pm EST on Party 934)
ON / OFF's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152802.0

Hemingway

Man, one day you're out hunting for ice wolves and bears, and suddenly you find yourself involved in a civil war. That's how it goes, isn't it? I wanted to be a hunter, not Robin Hood!

But it could be worse.

Sabby

Wow... some of these mods for New Vegas are great. I haven't got many right now, just the essentials from the top 25 list on Nexus. I'm adoring the new weapon effects though! Explosions are pretty brutal, bullets cause a blood spurt, and the energy weapons... fuck. Blowing a guy against a wall with a shotgun and seeing blood rocket out of the dozen bullet holes is one thing, but causing someone's flesh to sizzle off and their skeleton to supercharge and detonate is another entirely.

Not to mention that there's now at least 3 mods for every weapon, from both the core game and all the DLC, a ton of lore friendly weapons added, a lot from Fallout 1 and 2, war zones, new monsters, a bullet time feature that uses AP, sprinting, and my favourite, a grenade hotkey.

The only 'silly' mod I've looked at so far (I tend to avoid them) is a set of VERY heavy weapons. One is a Minigun which fires so damned fast it lags my PC, the second seems to be a variant of the grenade machinegun, but without the lobbing, and the third...

Long range sites, a hell of a kickback, and massive radius. It's like a Howitzer.

Skip right to 2:50 for the good stuff ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcnHsKpEx0&feature=player_embedded#!

Hemingway

Life in Color

Hemingway

I decided to give The Saboteur a go. Why did I not try this earlier? I've been missing out!

DeamonAndae19

Grinding like all hell on Phantasy Star: Universe.

Hemingway

Imagine my surprise when I saw Dawnguard had been released for PC. It's not that interesting to me, as the premise is basically recycled from Oblivion and I don't care that much about vampires to begin with ... but I figured that since I just recently started playing Skyrim again, I might as well get it for the other additions.

Edit: I just encountered a slightly annoying bug in Skyrim: I can't finish the game. I finished the main plot just like an hour or two ago, then I decided to finish the Civil War, and I'm at Solitude, and ... it's broken. It's completely broken. It was just broken, then I did some magic and now it's FUBAR. Ulfric and Galmar are in Solitude, but there's no signs of a siege. They're just standing there, weapons drawn, by the tower. Oh, and the city is locked, so fast-travel is the only way to get in.

*Sigh.*

Edit 2: I fixed Skyrim with the magic of consoles. Ahh, PC.

In other news, I just read that ME3 is getting another ending fix. So far, I've read two conflicting articles concerning the content, so it'll remain to be seen how it turns out. If it just changes the current endings in a subtle way, then ... Mass Effect can stay dead.

Sabby

Dude. Crossbows. That's all I need to know. Crossbows.

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on August 03, 2012, 11:55:26 PM
Dude. Crossbows. That's all I need to know. Crossbows.

They arent that good with the addition of dragonbone weaponry. Its a different style of ranged weapon and if thats what you want then great but thats all it really is. Different style of ranged weapon

IMO Dawnguard was not with the price tag. $15 maybe. $10 sure. Not $20, its just not worth it IMO
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

My friend loves to tear into Elder Scrolls writing xD I made up a BS story that the DLC was steadily prepping a Vampire and Werewolf war, with the original untainted races crossing over from another dimension to cleanse their diluted kin. He completely believed me. Said "Yeah that sounds about right"

Brandon

Had a great moment in DayZ earlier today. We all decided to log in for some early morning action. Our squad applies a tactic where one person comes in, scans the area for hostiles, then if its safe the rest of us come in. We do it because a lot of bandits want to kill us, not just because theyre bandits but because we actively hunt them. Normally we log out near our camp in Berezino but last time we had to immediately get out when we had some hackers teleport us to the northwest airfield

Anyway, I was the one with the least gear so I logged in first and found a guy covered in zombies. We both killed them and then he started aiming at me and I said "dont do it. You have a bunch of snipers logging in right now that will own you." over voice chat. He started looking around and just to be safe I reloaded my weapon. I guess he didnt believe me as my squad started logging in and getting a bead on him because he started aiming for me again but instead of a bullet I hear a satisfying "click". He didnt reload his gun. So as hes reloading I just laid into him with my winchester. We had to clean up a dozen or so zombies afterwards but I got an L85 with thermal scope for my trouble  ;D
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

SinXAzgard21

Running though the .Hack series games for ps2... Sad that versus wasn't released here.  I am also running through the Xenosaga games as well.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

Sabby

Inkidu

Playing KotOR right now. Man, it has some pacing issues. Finish Tatooine get, plot coupon fight boss, got to Kashyyyik, finish it, go back to Tatooine to finish some ancillary quests, fight boss who apparently shows up in an area if you leave the plot coupon location, so boss fight with no real leveling between it and last boss fight, get ass handed to self by his constant Force-drain spamming.

Knock difficulty down to easy and it still takes ten attempts. Come on guys! D:
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

Quote from: Inkidu on August 05, 2012, 12:23:38 PM
Playing KotOR right now. Man, it has some pacing issues. Finish Tatooine get, plot coupon fight boss, got to Kashyyyik, finish it, go back to Tatooine to finish some ancillary quests, fight boss who apparently shows up in an area if you leave the plot coupon location, so boss fight with no real leveling between it and last boss fight, get ass handed to self by his constant Force-drain spamming.

Knock difficulty down to easy and it still takes ten attempts. Come on guys! D:

If it took you ten times to defeat darth Bandon on easy then you need to look at your group composition and tactics, not your difficulty level

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on August 05, 2012, 04:34:28 PM
If it took you ten times to defeat darth Bandon on easy then you need to look at your group composition and tactics, not your difficulty level
Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian, Jedi Sentinel. That's pretty much everything. It doesn't come from the fact that he was hard, it comes from the fact that I had no opportunity to level my characters. I imagine they planned it so that another whole planet would be done before you faced the guy. I didn't get that opportunity. It sure as heck isn't my party. That party makes a cakewalk of the entire game up until that point. My consular can stasis anyone and was a scoundrel before that so that's nothing but instant max damage, my guardian beats the crap out of everything with a lightsaber while the sentinel is the skill and stop-gap. The rest of the game is easy, but they basically jammed the boss fights back to back on me.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Wolfy on August 01, 2012, 08:43:09 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118832-Resident-Evil-6-Offers-Player-Controlled-Zombies

Well this sounds interesting in theory.

Being able to play as zombies/monsters in someone else's game, and having your own voice-chat channel to communicate with other people as monsters to coordinate attacks on the human players that you've invaded...

....Sounds neat. o3o

Sadly that doesn't make the game worth 60 bucks for me. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Bayushi

Quote from: Brandon on August 05, 2012, 04:34:28 PMIf it took you ten times to defeat darth Bandon on easy then you need to look at your group composition and tactics, not your difficulty level
When I first read that, I read it as "Darth Brandon". Considering who posted it, it had me laughing once I was able to piece it together.

Still mostly playing WoW. If SWTOR is truly F2P (wondering how that affects people who paid for the game?), I might start playing again.

Will have to see, I guess.

Hemingway

Quote from: Akiko on August 06, 2012, 06:20:43 PM
Still mostly playing WoW. If SWTOR is truly F2P (wondering how that affects people who paid for the game?), I might start playing again.

Besides letting us feel and act smugly superior? ;D

Bayushi

Quote from: Hemingway on August 06, 2012, 06:31:48 PM
Besides letting us feel and act smugly superior? ;D
It would be nice if it would allow us to avoid having to pay for early content in the F2P scheme, at least.

Since I already, you know, paid for the entire game?

Brandon

Big DayZ update. We got a helicopter! We've had the parts to fix one up for a long time but tonight we ran across a repairable one. We had to send 2 people across the map to get the parts to fix it up but now were flying in the sky rather then trekking cross country on foot.

So now with a squad of 9 (alright thats more like 2 squads). We have 4 snipers all armed with AS50s, 3 assaults with M16's (one with a grenade launcher on it), our medic with a M1014 shotgun, and Im still rocking the L85 with thermal scope that I picked up the other day. Not only that but we've got a tent for everyone, a couple ATV's, and just got our helicopter! Now watch, when I get on tommorrow someones going to shoot me in the back of the head without warning  :P

I think were set for bandit killing for awhile  ;D

heathenwolf

Im traveling through Skyrim. And let me tell you, this game has no end, its a constant action packed trip through a land of dragons and giants and underground grottoes that are so beautiful. And now that they have an extension called Dawnguard theres even more to explore. Vampires and werewolves anyone?