What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

A hundred assasinations later, or what seems like a hundred, Im now grandmaster of the Morag Tong. Now I like that you can become grand master just like I liked how you could be the Harbinger of the companions in Skyrim or the archamge of the college of winterhold. I just think those titles are given out to quickly. I mean why dont the rest of the members of these factions want to take that spot? Who says they dont have the ability? Still the newcomer shows up then a few quests later and theyre the head of the faction/guild without opposition. It just seems, for lack of a better word, shallow

Anyway, there's still a few more things to do but I think its time I got on with the main quest. I already got the dwemer puzzle box for the fighters guild and skull for the mages guild (which Im sure will be used in lots of spooky necromantic rituals!). Now Ive got to head back to Vivec (where I was doing all those Morag Tong quests) and hunt down a few informants

Ive also been playing Super monday night combat more and Ive found Im a really good Combat girl player so much so that I bought her. I think Im gonna grab the veteran next since I like his grapple machine style of play
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

I've always felt those Guild quests should have an election period. Depending on how you handle it, you could lose out to someone else. And if it were something like the College of Winterhold, the loss of a leader could prompt something like a riot from the town and you're conduct towards it effects your chances and post-election plot.

Wolfy

Playing The Secret World.

So far enjoying it...I'm trying to rock a Pistols/Blood Build and I guess I'm falling into a DPS/Support kind of roll, cause I can Off-heal and do moderate DPS...you know, versatility and such.

But yeah..so far, I really enjoy it.

Life in Color

Quote from: Sabby on July 26, 2012, 10:21:39 PM
I've always felt those Guild quests should have an election period. Depending on how you handle it, you could lose out to someone else. And if it were something like the College of Winterhold, the loss of a leader could prompt something like a riot from the town and you're conduct towards it effects your chances and post-election plot.

That would be so awesome! Maybe in the next game. :3

Sabby

I would just love to see someone take a game like Skyrim, and give it the kind of story depth of Alpha Protocol. That would be fucking amazing.

Wolfy

Old Gods of Asgard: "Balance Slays the Demon - Single"

@_@ Old Gods Of Asgard, from Alan Wake...I mean just...good god I love this band..<3

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on July 27, 2012, 10:01:09 PM
Old Gods of Asgard: "Balance Slays the Demon - Single"

@_@ Old Gods Of Asgard, from Alan Wake...I mean just...good god I love this band..<3

That was pretty awesome, Ill have to see if I can find a mp3 of it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

DeamonAndae19

Screw you all, with your skyrim (And whatever other new games you're playing)

Final Fantasy III right there, on an emulator *Dances* Beat that.

(I honestly have no doubt that you will... But, for nostalgia points, I totally win here.)

Oniya

Quote from: DeamonAndae19 on July 29, 2012, 11:38:19 AM
Screw you all, with your skyrim (And whatever other new games you're playing)

Final Fantasy III right there, on an emulator *Dances* Beat that.

(I honestly have no doubt that you will... But, for nostalgia points, I totally win here.)

Still playing Might and Magic 1.  In a DOS window.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

still playing and enjoying the secret world.

The only thing that I moderately don't like right now is that, well..there's just so much freedom in creating a build for your character...I mean, 7 Active Abilities, 7 Passive Abilities, all composed of two weapons that have their own ways of working and can be synergistic with each other...

@_@ I feel like I've spread my points too thin, so far...but since you can continuously get AP and Skill points, you can pretty much become a master of everything...o3o

DeamonAndae19

Quote from: Oniya on July 29, 2012, 11:25:46 PM
Still playing Might and Magic 1.  In a DOS window.  ;D

Might and Magic 1 was actually more high-tech than FFIII, since FFIII was originally created for the good old NES

Wolfy

NightRabbit

Soul Calibur V for PS3!  ;D *does happy dance*

Sabby

Fallout: New Vegas, with all the important mods (and a few others) and once it's finished downloading, ORCS MUST DIE 2!!

Trying to convince Andy to co-op with me :3

Swordsman18

I think we should setup a community group on Steam, so that possibly those who play on PC could play together.

DeamonAndae19

Quote from: Wolfy on July 31, 2012, 12:43:37 AM
Just picked up KH: 3D

Excuse me while I go M.Bison:

M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload

... Excuse me while I cry in the corner and cut myself

*Proceeds to do just that*

I've been wanting to play that since I saw the E3 trailer... But, children, single father... I'm boned.

Swordsman18

By the way Sabby, if you still are in the mood for a coop partner on Thursday we could play Orcs Must Die 2 together.

Sel Nar

HOMM VI in chronological order. (Sandor, Irina, Anton, Anastasya, Kiril, aka. Stronghold, Sanctuary, Haven, Necropolis, Inferno)

Still more fun than most games.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on July 27, 2012, 10:01:09 PM

In case you're not aware, all of the Old Gods of Asgard songs are played by Poets of the Fall, who also appear in Alan Wake ( and Max Payne ).

Wolfy

So, SWTOR is going free to play in September, though the free-to-play model seems very..limiting, at least from my perspective.

But still...it will give everyone a chance to play it, and you can play each classes's storyline in it's entirety, as well, which means at least hundreds of hours of gameplay potentially if you want to experience them all.

Life in Color

Quote from: Wolfy on July 31, 2012, 04:29:18 PM
So, SWTOR is going free to play in September, though the free-to-play model seems very..limiting, at least from my perspective.

But still...it will give everyone a chance to play it, and you can play each classes's storyline in it's entirety, as well, which means at least hundreds of hours of gameplay potentially if you want to experience them all.

I'm so happy that BioWare realized that this was the best thing to do with SWtOR. I can't wait for Guild Wars 2, personally. :3

Hemingway

I reinstalled Skyrim. I'm currently browsing the Steam Workshop for mods. I just don't get why people are so excited about them. Most of the mods are trash, or they ruin the balance of the game, or they're useless to me, or ... yeah. I'm using a few, like improvements to rain and snow. I'd like a mod to turn the game darker at night, but all the ones I can find take it way too far, making the game unrealistically dark.

Life in Color

Quote from: Hemingway on August 01, 2012, 07:19:42 AM
I reinstalled Skyrim. I'm currently browsing the Steam Workshop for mods. I just don't get why people are so excited about them. Most of the mods are trash, or they ruin the balance of the game, or they're useless to me, or ... yeah. I'm using a few, like improvements to rain and snow. I'd like a mod to turn the game darker at night, but all the ones I can find take it way too far, making the game unrealistically dark.

I'm running one for my sword and board Warrior that lets me use Mjölnir, and doesn't break the game. There are mods out there that don't ruin it, they're just buried under the oodles and oodles and oodles of stuff that *does* break the game.

Hemingway

Quote from: Alixandre on August 01, 2012, 12:29:45 PM
I'm running one for my sword and board Warrior that lets me use Mjölnir, and doesn't break the game. There are mods out there that don't ruin it, they're just buried under the oodles and oodles and oodles of stuff that *does* break the game.

Tell me about it. I was searching for a mod that would add some new bows to the game, but most of the bow mods are for insanely powerful bows - mainly ones with names like "ubber bow" ( yes, that's actually the name, down to the complete lack of capital letters ) which kill anything in the game in one hit.

I did manage to find some fun-sounding mods, though. I'm now using the following:

Frostfall, which is apparently a survival-type mod for cold environments. You can freeze to death, basically.

Hunting in Skyrim, which basically expands hunting and makes it a more interesting activity. It has perks and such.

Vanilla Archery Improved, which mainly increases arrow speed ( it always bothered me that arrows were so unrealistically slow ) and reduces the auto-aim.

As well as a few cosmetic mods ( more rain, more snow, more birds ).

DeamonAndae19

I have 5 words for you...

Wu Tang: Taste the Pain

That is all.