What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Is totally expecting this to just become a WOW topic, but try not to linger on that too much! ^^'

So what are you playing right now?

I've got Beyond Good and Evil on the PS2... such an under appreciated game.

EDIT: January 24th 2011 Spoiler tags are to be used at all times when revealing info that could lessen someone's gaming experience. If you are discussing something that relates to a games extra material like novels or comics, please ensure the info in question is written in such a way that it stands alone and does not give out spoilers for the game. Make your spoiler posts white and give prior warning please.

We love games, and games take years to come out. A careless word can lessen an experience we often wait a very long time for :P

Lady Annabelle

I have heard such good things about Beyond Good And Evil that I want to play it so much.  Hopefully, one day I will pick it up and play it after I get through my huge stack of unplayed PS2 games.

Persona(PS1) - Rather disappointed in this game.
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth(PS1) - Level grinding is awesome.   ::)
Final Fantasy XII(PS2) - Very long game and I'm only 30 hours into it, but pure greatness.
Makai Kingdom: Chronicles Of The Sacred Tome(PS2) - I love my NIS games.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Chris Brady

Several games.  Cross Edge - PS3 (This game is TRICKY!), Soul Nomad and World Eaters - PS2, City of Heroes - PC, Diablo 2 - PC, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - PSP, Star Ocean - PSP...

Yeah, I'm a gamer.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

Its a lil frustrating in areas (combat is flashy, but doesn't always work well) but its a wonderful game. Very colourful, plenty to do, and good story. I love taking pictures for Reports... you zoom in on something important and shocking, and this music cuts in thats just so appropriate.

Chris, I know, like... 2 of those games, haha.

I WOULD be playing Fallout 3... but the 360 is getting Remodded. Somehow, I figured that Deathclaws originated from cows. I know, that sounds silly, but... experimenting on cows to somehow increase meat production is pretty good reasoning.

Oniya

Still working my way through Dark Cloud 2.  Spent a rather amusing afternoon bashing things with a Frozen Tuna.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

I'm subscribed to City of Heros / Villians, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, and Planetside, but currently playing none of them due to what seems to be dodgy RAM causing me to bluescreen when I do. Need to get it fixed, but since it doesn't interfer with normal PC use, just the games, I've not gotten round to it yet.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Silk

I'm trying my hand at Final Fantasy 11(online) and playing through Shadow hearts again (such a awesome game <3)

Sabby

The Warriors. Its Monday morning and I need to bloody people up. Its kind of scary just how good this game is, when its based off a movie from waaaaaay way back.

BTW, Ajax has the best moves. He's like Pop Eye, lots of big punches, but he's not afraid to do a lil curb stomping.

Fertile Myrtle

Uh oh, Silk. I heard the FF MMO was bad news.

Last week I dug up my trusty old PS2 and returned to Shadow of the Colossus. Also I've been in the process of one mighty Star Wars binge and picked up Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. So, I'll be playing that after I beat the last boss in SotC.

Have any of you ever played Star Wars Galaxies (MMO)? I did back in middle school. It rocked my boxers for about a month before it started to get boring and I quit. Since I was feeling very nostalgic last week I installed the free trial and it has got me in lollerskates. The character creation is actually really fun, for those of you know may know what I'm talking about.

Fertile Myrtle & YOU!
(My O/O's - Last Updated - Dec 10th 2010)
Absences & Apologies
(Last Updated - August 8th)

consortium11

Quote from: Sabby on May 31, 2009, 01:27:41 PM
I WOULD be playing Fallout 3... but the 360 is getting Remodded. Somehow, I figured that Deathclaws originated from cows. I know, that sounds silly, but... experimenting on cows to somehow increase meat production is pretty good reasoning.

*Turns on geek mode*

Deathclaws come from Jackson's Chameleons which were genetically modified by the US army to replace humans during dangerous search and destroy missions. The master also conducted some experimentation on them making them more dangerous, but decided not to integrate them into his army as they were difficult to control.

Recently I've been playing a fair amount of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and magic Obscura, which is a really underated RPG in the Fallout/Baldur's Gate mold (by most of the team that made the original Fallout). It's got some fairly large flaws (notably combat) but is still a great game.

I've been replaying mass Effect a little... good game, got some flaws again, good fun.

I've got a long running Championship manager (Soccer management sim) game going which I load up every so often.

And there's the Gears of War 2/Fight Night Round 3 for nights in with the lads.

Rhapsody

All of these are on the Nintendo DS handheld:

Simulators
The Sims 2: Castaway is fucking addictive, as simplistic as the gameplay is; I'm going to be collecting shit forever to try and reach 100% completion.  MySims I haven't really gotten so much into yet, but it's amused me so far, and I hope it gets better as the game progresses.  SimCity Creator I'm still playing around with, and given my addiction to Castaway, I'm not likely to get to it in depth anytime soon.

RPGs
Pokemon Diamond is my secret vice.  Since the days of Red, Blue and Green, I've been a fan of the game.  I really like the look of the 4th gen Pokemon games, and even though I'm only 2 badges in, I really do gotta catch 'em all.  Plus, I can play it with my nephew on the other side of town, from the comfort of my very comfy futon, which rocks.

Chrono Trigger.  Ahh, that grand old classic for SNES.  Still as awesome, they didn't fuck with it too badly when they ported it to the newer technology, and it remains one of my all-time favorites.  Now, if they'd port Chrono Cross over to the DS, my life would be complete. ^_^

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is in the same vein as Tactics, meaning I haven't played it much.  Though I like RTS, I've never really been fond of tactical RPGs... but the husband wanted to play it, so I'll probably get around to giving it more of a chance when I'm through with my other games.

Adventure
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is a game that surprised the hell out of me. I hated the look and feel of Windwaker, so I expected to loathe this game, which is a sequel (of sorts).  But it's surprisingly well done, and I love the fact that I can play the entire game with my stylus, leaving my other hand free for... whatever. :P

Platformers
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon has controls that are hard to get used to.  Part side-scroller, part TPS, it seems to require in parts that you lay your DS down on a flat surface, because you need one hand on the D-pad and one hand using the stylus on the touchscreen.  I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but the graphics are fluid, the story seems alright, and who doesn't love that damned purple dragon anyway?

Super Mario 64 DS is just as fun and just as awesome as the original N64 game was, with better graphics.  Sure, the controls are a little weird, because you're going off a D-pad and not a joystick, but it's more or less the same brand of fun I had wasting hours away in front of my N64 ... Jesus, twelve years ago.

Beyond all that, there's Guitar Hero for Requiem's PS3, which seems to only want to kill my fingers and feet.  We picked up World Tour and Metallica, and I love my drums.  I love my guitar too.  I just wish that my fingers stretched the way RedOctane and Activision think they should. 

Also, rented The Force Unleashed, and goddamn, what an awesome game. That's all I'm gonna say.

All in all... I've been playing a lot of video games lately.  Could you tell?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Sabby

TFU is equal parts Winnage and Phail. But I loved using Saber Throw on the Trandosian Skimmers. Takes all of them down and they topple over the railings and into the wastes. Too bad Starkiller is such a broken character.

Wanna play some GTA4: Lost and Damned. I saw a dummy box of Prototype at EB Games and rushed it to the counter like "OMG! ITS OUT?!"

Mathim

Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia (DS)
Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance II Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
Final Fantasy IV DS
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

Gotta love those R4s for the DS. $50 bucks for all the components, and then download all the free games you want. Freakin' sweet.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mannik

Right now I'm playing UFC: Undisputed...which is a great game. I love the carreer mode, building up your fighter to take on the champion...its good.

Mathim

Oh yeah, and I'm supposed to be getting Chrono Trigger DS for my birthday (which was two weeks ago) tomorrow since someone forgot to get it sooner. I can't download it because they put in something to make it freeze, so I have to get the real one. At least I'm not the one paying for it!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

The Overlord

City of Heroes, EverQuest, and a little Star Wars Galaxies <---(certified MMO junkie)

Tsenta

Oblivion - 360
.Hack G.U. - PS2
.Hack Infection - PS2
Super Smash Brothers Melee - GC
Pokemon Diamond - DS
007 Goldeneye - ROM
Aidyn Chronicles - ROM
Pokemon Crystal - ROM
Quest 64 - ROM
Digimon World - ROM
Harvest Moon 64 - ROM
Golden Sun - ROM
FF6 - ROM
FF7 - Playstation
FFTA - ROM

I switch through games, I have mild add or addhd or something so it's hard for me to stick with a game long enough to beat it, especially if it has puzzles.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Chris Brady

You mean which games I'm playing through the week?  Or just that day?  Cuz I have a small library of about 57 games, and I touch across about half of it a week.  I get cravings for certain cravings...

I've touched Mark of Kri (PS2), Heavenly Sword (PS3), Maximo and The Army of Zin (PS2), Guild Wars (PC), Cabal Online (PC), Fallout 2 (PC), Persona 3 and 4 (PS2), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC), Champions of of Norrath (PS2), Kingdom Hearts 1&2 (PS2), Planescape: Torment (PC), Bloodrayne 1&2(PC)...

And that's just the last 4 days.  I can add more if I go back further.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

TheWriter

Lately I've been playing a lot of stuff, and there's a lot more stuff I want to be playing, thanks to E3.

Soul Calibur IV, just to play around with the creation mode,
Street Fighter IV, because it's Street Fighter IV, and because Tekken 6 is still a few months away,
Saints Row 2, because it's so much more fun than GTA4,
Zone Of the Enders 2, because I only managed to et the game two days ago,
Super Mario Galaxy, because seeing the trailer for the sequel whet my appetite,
Devil May Cry 3, because it's as close as I can get to Bayonetta before that comes out.

Avi

I've been playing a number of games, mostly for 360.

Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Dead Space(Xbox 360)
Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Guild Wars (PC)
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

saturnschild

Not that much really

Jade Empire, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Lithos

Oblivion and Left4dead.. and some Guildwars
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Sabby

Am absolutely loving Bionic Commando on 360.

Got Riddick: Dark Athena as well, along with Sacred 2 and Damnation. Damnation isn't too good... and I haven't tried Sacred 2 yet.

Kurzyk

Just picked up the Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube. Likin it so far. :)

ZK

At the moment Crimson Gem Saga for the PSP.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."