D&D 3.5e group recruitment //full\\

Started by Combicon, December 24, 2008, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I have some other plans she is easy going and is not exactly a conniving monster, she goes along to get along just happened to need to do shadey dealings so far to survive.

But I would kind of like my character to learn some magic, if nothing else a level of wizard would let her use lots of fun things like wands. :)  And she has a decent mind for it if she dabbles. I would do bard but I don't see her being all that musical if I can trade off the bard performing feats for some other benefits I might do an adventuring bard approach take maybe an extra hit die notch up to 1d8, add some more magical aptitute like use wizard items as a sorceror/wizard and maybe fighter feat progression. I would keep bard knowledge being an adventurer would still pick things up. It would not be done immediately though but with a ranger, mages and the like self-styling the bard would be something she could do. And hell it fits her trying to master as many skills and aptitudes as she can.

As for her gear I'm going to have to wing it on some rogues items she needs Masterwork Thieves' Tools for sure, dark clothes and face paint for sneaking around at night, rogues shoes to make skulking around more quiet like, blinding powder (cheap that is just fine salt, pepper and fine sand mixed in some way to pop it into an opponents face), small marbles, caltrops, small folding grappeling hook with padding, silk rope, utility belt, several daggers. I'm still deciding if I should take a short sword or the side sword (listed on that website) its a bit more impressive than a rapier and slashes/pierces. Several daggers and small throwing knives are in the works however.

The American Patriot

Sounds good Ruby... If you want, i'm thinking of purchasing alot of supplies for the party to use. including a wagon.. does anyone have a good resource for the types of wagons that I could use to get an idea of just want we should get?
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

The American Patriot

here is my gear list at the moment... is there anything anyone else can think that the party might need?

chain shirt
breastplate
2 gauntlets
2 backpacks
singet ring
Royal Outfit
Noble's outfit
Explorer's outfit
Courier's outfit
Heward's handy haversack
potion belt
sealing wax
6 belt pouches

box of 12 candles
lamp, bullseye
lamp, common
lamp, hooded
2 vials of oil
2 vials of ink
2 ink pen
30 parchment pages
30 paper pages
2 flasks
2 wineskins
2lbs of soap

2 tents
8 bedrolls
8 winter blankets
8 flannel blankets
8 flannel sheets
8 pillows

buckler
wooden light sheild
wooden heavy sheild
crossbow w/quiver of 12 bolts
hand crossbow w/quiver of 12 bolts
compound longbow w/quiver of 12 arrows
compound shortbow w/quiver of 12 arrows
heavy mace
Elven scmitar
bastard sword
quarterstaff
4 daggers
long sword
great axe
two-bladed sword

flint & steel
block & tackle
candle
4 barrels
6 chests
scale, merchants
thieves' tools (masterwork)
artisan's tools
2 whetstones
signal whistle
3 sewing needles
2 pitchers
8 tankards/mugs
small steel mirror
fishing net
fishhook
10 pieces of chalk
10ft of chain
10 sq yards of canvas
4 buckets
4 baskets

ale (2 gallons)
bread (8 loaves)
4lbs of meat
4lbs of cheese
2 bottles of fine wine
20 days of common meals
20 days of good meals
30 days of trail rations

4 crowbars
4 shovels
4 picks
2 hatchets
4 axes
2 10ft ladders
2 50ft coils of hemp rope
2 grappling hooks
2 hammers
2 saws
4 sledge hammers
1 portable ram
8 torches

2 iron pots
2 iron skillets

12 sacks

Light War Horse w/bit & bridle, military saddle and saddlebags
4 Packhorses w/bits & bridles and pack saddles.
30 days of horse feed

wagon
carriage
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

goalt

So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

The American Patriot

Oh very much so... 360gp can go a very long way... especially when you are buying very inexpensive items. :)  first big purchase will come after we get some adventuring awards in!

goalt

Oh, yes. I look forward to some magic stuff. Like wis/str stat boosters. And rings of wizardy. DEFINITELY rings of wizardry (My PrC choice means no headband of int... but I do get +2 int at level 5, so).
O&O

RubySlippers

We are adventuring nothing personal but your going to take wagons and all into a dungeon or whereever?

I prefer to travel a bit light if I can't carry it and its not light enough its too much. By the way where are you storing the horse feed won't the animals be ,er, overpacked without the food for them?

Tonalberry

So as a short reference, what's everyone's alignment?  I just want to make sure that playing a Neutral Good cleric of Heironyeus isn't going to lead to any massive problems.

The American Patriot

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 04, 2009, 03:35:10 PM
We are adventuring nothing personal but your going to take wagons and all into a dungeon or whereever?

I prefer to travel a bit light if I can't carry it and its not light enough its too much. By the way where are you storing the horse feed won't the animals be ,er, overpacked without the food for them?

That's what the wagon was for... To carry supplies and loot that we get when we go adventuring... As soon as I can afford it, a portable hole and bags of holding will be bought. I had played an Archmage who ended up the Party's treasurer and quartermaster... he had turned a portable hole and some permenant unseen servants into their mobile treasury that allowed them to keep track of all of their loot (i have the notebooks beside me right now and it would really surpise everyone with how detailed I had kept the notes).

I wish I could have afforded to buy a Spelljammer ship that could have been the parties means of transportation and home. :)

I had built a halfling war wagon on the Human scale that the Orcs had called the "RV of Death"... because when it showed up, Orcs would die in droves. :)

goalt

I'm chaotic good. I think we're all good or neutral except one guy.
O&O

The American Patriot

The Noble is a Lawful Neutral human male...

Combicon

O.O
That's one hell of a large list. XD

The American Patriot

Quote from: Combicon on January 04, 2009, 11:28:32 PM
O.O
That's one hell of a large list. XD

If you want, I'll get rid of most of it, and just have the gold to use as a way to fund our adventures!

Combicon

The American Patriot

Quote from: Combicon on January 05, 2009, 10:59:04 AM
Nope, I don't mind it at all. :P

You should see what happens after we start gaining more treasure and loot... Especially when i start investing what I get, and selling off all the loot that i scavenge during an adventure. My last party couldn't believe how quickly I was able to start acquiring the things that the party wanted, or needed... In fact having the halfling warwagon built at human scale was amazing... the orc's hated it though was priceless...

Combicon

Is there any particular place that you guys would like to start at? (i.e tavern, workshop, in the park etc)
Unless you guys all want to start in different parts of the city, and meet up later. :P

The American Patriot

Quote from: Combicon on January 05, 2009, 04:03:41 PM
Is there any particular place that you guys would like to start at? (i.e tavern, workshop, in the park etc)
Unless you guys all want to start in different parts of the city, and meet up later. :P

Well, thre is a way we could start out...

The adventurers could be answering a call from the Baron whom rules the city, a call for adventures whom would be willing to travel with his son trying to gain the experience that would be needed to rule the Barony wisely... And that some of the characters could be the recent graduates of various schools...

goalt

O&O

Combicon

I would assume there would be fliers about finding out about the stuff, so, if we were going down that road, they could start wherever, but the starting place doesn't matter much, as long as it's in the city. : P

goalt

If anyone has a preferred place for me to be, let me know >.>
O&O

RubySlippers

How about a Tijuana like district with working girls, brothels, theaters, gamblng dens and people looking to hire adventurers in the corners of smoky rooms.

Zaer Darkwail

A general 'scum' district where are bordello's, taverns, shady workshops etc could be fun. Oh, my char is Lawful Evil but in nice way. He is just plain cold hearted professional mercenary. But I hope GM remembers run my 'tiefling twin' counterpart at least as occasional showing npc.

Fragile Dreams

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

goalt

I'm a wandering mage. With a sword. Who's naked. You can find me wherever the plot needs it.  :P

Seedier districts would work. She is Chaotic Good.
O&O

Combicon